Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Do Doctors Really Smoke Too Much? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Doctors Really Smoke Too Much? (3120 Views)

PICS: When You Smoke A NAFDAC Approved Weed Before Exam / Do Doctors Really Make It To Greatness? / 53% Foreign-schooled Doctors Fail Induction Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Do Doctors Really Smoke Too Much? by utimayor(m): 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2012
this is a disturbing reality i have noticed, my family doctor smokes too much and i hated him for that, 6 years ago when i was admitted into the university, i went to the school clinic and when i entered the doctor's office, all i could perceive is a stench ooze of what i cant differentiate between Indian hemp and cigarette, now there is this doctor at our retreat center, he too smokes like mad, and just today, i met a doctor at a conference, and we got talking so we went out for recess together, we couldn't even leave the conference room before he drew out a pack of cigaret from his pocket and helped himself, from the look of his lips and eyes i can bet he do Indian hemp also. That left me wondering why a medical doctor of his class and statue should be smoking, left aside his status, he knows more than every other person the full implications of smoking. please NAIRALAND, why do higher percentage of MEDICAL doctors smoke?

Re: Do Doctors Really Smoke Too Much? by TCD: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2012
As human beings and adults, we have a right to choose what and how we live our lives. So let them be. As a doctor he knows the full risks of taking cigarettes and is probably taking preventive measures such as periodic screening for lung cancer. Many things we take day to day can kill you over time, not just cigarettes. Fried foods, sugars, sodas, processed foods for example all build up cholesterol/sugar levels and overtime cause debilitating conditions like diabetes, hypertension even stroke and heart attacks due to atherosclerosis. I wonder why we don't see people screaming my doctor drinks coke and Mr biggs therefore he is classless an immoral man.

(1)

College Of Tourism In Antalya, Turkey. / Cut Off Mark For Pharmacy In UNICAL And UNIZIK / Admission List For Unizik 2007/2008 Academic Sessions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.