Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us (10338 Views)

Borno Elders: The Real Sponsors Of Boko Haram / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo / Borno Elders Demand Jonathan’s Apology Over Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by tyson55(m): 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2012
In another development, Borno Elders and Leaders of Thought (BELT), on Monday, called on the Federal Government to urgently initiate a genuine process of dialogue as soon as possible with the Boko Haram sect, because the security situation in the country is worsening with the continued serial killings and bombings that claimed over 450 lives this month alone.

The elders and leaders of thought also warned President Goodluck Jonathan against a defence pact and security surveillance with the United States in protecting the country against terrorism.

The calls and warnings were made in a press statement signed by an elder statesman and former Minister for Steel and Petroleum Resources in the First Republic, Alhaji Shettima Ali Monguno, and made available to newsmen in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

The statement read: "It is only when the real sect embraces peace that we shall identify those who are hijacking the process of violence to pursue their criminal agenda," adding that the people of Borno were never known for aggression against other ethnic or religious groups, "while the compatriots from other parts of the country that live with us could bear witness."

On the dangers of defence pact with the US, Monguno, in the statement said: "it is unconstitutional to deploy foreign troops in Nigeria; it would certainly be to the detriment of Nigeria to do so. Let our own forces truthfully, sincerely, humanly handle our security challenges.

"They should be told that human life, moreso of the innocent, is sacred and the cry of the blood of the innocent is an additional doom for the country."

The statement further said: "To the best of our knowledge Nigeria has never entered a defence pact with any nation. Nigeria does not need any defence pact, to protect her. Our Armed Forces and the police, who did serve wonderfully well in various peacekeeping operations, are very much capable of protecting our country.

"If they are sincere and truthful in discharging their responsibilities, we have no doubt in our minds that they can effectively handle any situation confronting the nation. Unfortunately, their rules of engagement seem to give them away. They seem to be losing the love, confidence and support of the people, because of the way and manner they execute their operations, i.e. the amount of killings either by hanging, starving and or shooting of innocent citizens in the so-called interrogation centres."

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/34833-police-discover-another-8-bomb-laden-cars-in-kano-recover-300-canned-bombs-boko-haram-gunman-kills-court-registrar-as-jtf-kills-4-suspected-sect-members-borno-elders-warn-jonathan-on-security-pact-with-us
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by nduchucks: 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2012
tyson55:

The calls and warnings were made in a press statement signed by an elder statesman and former Minister for Steel and Petroleum Resources in the First Republic, Alhaji Shettima Ali Monguno, and made available to newsmen in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

On the dangers of defence pact with the US, Monguno, in the statement said: "it is unconstitutional to deploy foreign troops in Nigeria; it would certainly be to the detriment of Nigeria to do so. Let our own forces truthfully, sincerely, humanly handle our security challenges.

The statement further said: "To the best of our knowledge Nigeria has never entered a defence pact with any nation. Nigeria does not need any defence pact, to protect her. Our Armed Forces and the police, who did serve wonderfully well in various peacekeeping operations, are very much capable of protecting our country.

"If they are sincere and truthful in discharging their responsibilities, we have no doubt in our minds that they can effectively handle any situation confronting the nation. Unfortunately, their rules of engagement seem to give them away. They seem to be losing the love, confidence and support of the people, because of the way and manner they execute their operations, i.e. the amount of killings either by hanging, starving and or shooting of innocent citizens in the so-called interrogation centres."

Are you kidding me?? Ali Mungono should be arrested immediately and placed under arrest with other captured BH members! How dare he second guess the government in this matter? Our armed forces and police are capable of protecting our country the way the've protected Kano, Abuja, Bornu, and other areas ko?

I suppose the funds he looted when he was Petroleum Minister has not yet been exhaused. I'd place the man under investigation and arrest his A$s if I were GEJ. Nonsence and ingredients!  angry
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 24, 2012
^^^^what has come over ndu shehu this days? he seem to be saying the right things? see what boko haram has caused undecided undecided undecided ur words are right on the money.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by nduchucks: 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
df2006:

^^^^what has come over ndu shehu this days? he seem to be saying the right things? see what boko haram has caused undecided undecided undecided ur words are right on the money.

My interest is Nigeria, unlike you whose loyalty lies with a non existent nation. olodo. Nigeria is at war and we can't afford to lose the war.

BTW Happy New Year. smiley
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2012
tyson55:

In another development, Borno Elders and Leaders of Thought (BELT), on Monday, called on the Federal Government to urgently initiate a genuine process of dialogue as soon as possible with the Boko Haram sect, because the security situation in the country is worsening with the continued serial killings and bombings that claimed over 450 lives this month alone.

The elders and leaders of thought also warned President Goodluck Jonathan against a defence pact and security surveillance with the United States in protecting the country against terrorism.

The statement read: "It is only when the real sect embraces peace that we shall identify those who are hijacking the process of violence to pursue their criminal agenda," adding that the people of Borno were never known for aggression against other ethnic or religious groups, "while the compatriots from other parts of the country that live with us could bear witness."

"They should be told that human life, moreso of the innocent, is sacred and the cry of the blood of the innocent is an additional doom for the country."

They are already shitting in their pants. Sorry Shettima, our security is already compromised.

Let the game begin MURDERPHUCKA'S cheesy.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by NegroNtns(m): 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ali Mungono should be arrested immediately and placed under arrest

you arrest my father in law i bury a double-edged dagger in you! grin grin

go find somebody else to arrest, go arrest Gej or Ringim. . . .rascal!!
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Kilode1: 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2012
. They seem to be losing the love, confidence and support of the people, because of the way and manner they execute their operations, i.e. the amount of killings either by hanging, starving and or shooting of innocent citizens in the so-called interrogation centres."

Is this really going on?

If so, they need to stop, one of the surest way to prolong this war is to alienate ordinary non-combatants. We will just end up chasing them into the Boko Haram camp.

SSS, Army, Police. Isreali Mercenaries or whoever is doing this on behalf of the Nigerian Govt need to find another way to hit Boko haram. Extrajudicial killing of innocent people will end up giving Boko haram more men and women to do their evil bidding.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by PointB: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2012
This is one advice GEJ should do well to ignore! Terrorism should not be handled with kid glove, get the US in now!
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Rhino5dm: 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2012
The real Boko Haram sponsors are peeing in their pants. Ha ha ha! Welcome to the era of UAV'S. Predator stealth drones with twin 2-foot laser guided precision bombs.

You guys natured eveil with blood of innocent souls. Its payback time!! Hurry up for your 72 virgins awaits YOU.

Time to let little toys display. . , . . . . . . . .cool
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Rhino5dm: 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2012
The real Boko Haram sponsors are peeing in their pants. Ha ha ha! Welcome to the era of UAV'S. Predator stealth drones with twin 2-foot laser guided precision bombs.

You guys natured eveil with blood of innocent souls. Its payback time!! Hurry up for your 72 virgins awaits YOU.

Time to let little toys display. . , . . . . . . . .cool
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

My interest is Nigeria, [s]unlike you whose loyalty lies with a non existent nation. olodo[/s]. Nigeria is at war and we can't afford to lose the war.

BTW Happy New Year.  smiley

true talk,   Happy new year, bro.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by seenoevil1: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2012
tyson55:

But it is constitutional for terrorists to kill 100's of innocent Nigerians right ?. These guys are all terrorists and i suggest ALL NORTHERN LEADERS should be brought in for questioning IMMEDIATELY and there should be 24hrs surveillance on this bas-Tards . THEY KNOW MORE THAN THEY PRETEND TO KNOW. Anyone who suggests that the FG should negotiate with terrorists should be interrogated and if found guilty he should be killed in broad daylight IMMEDIATELY to prevent another so called "escape" . It might sound barbaric but killing 100's of people is also barbaric , right now jungle justice should prevail . That's the order of the day . Constitution my foot , We are in a war now and the constitution plays NO PART in a war . its time to ANNIHILATE THIS BAS-TARDS
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by snowdrops(m): 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2012
Borno Elders and Leaders of Thought [BELT] = one of the many Sponsors of Boko Haram.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by phreakabit(m): 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2012
If we get the US in now, the first place they will go to would be where the oil is. We all know thats not good for us at all. What we should do first is split the darn country up.

These Borno guys have shown themselves to be the obvious sponsors of Boko Haram.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by naijaking1: 11:39pm On Jan 24, 2012
I see some people already scared of unravelling the truth. Welcome USA, USA, USA,USA shocked shocked shocked
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 25, 2012
Somebody is scared of hellfire drones.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by efisher(m): 1:34am On Jan 25, 2012
Fear don catch them. Thief, ole, barawo, onyioshi (not sure I got d spelling right tongue )!

God punish you boko rams sponsors. Judgment day is coming. GEJ don't back down.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by aljharem(m): 1:37am On Jan 25, 2012
efisher:

Fear don catch them. Thief, ole, barawo, onyioshi (not sure I got d spelling right tongue )!

God punish you boko rams sponsors. Judgment day is coming. GEJ don't back down.

u got the spelling right bro

well said, I hope this are not the people GEJ is scared of. He should investigate this people very well as well.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by jmaine: 1:59am On Jan 25, 2012
see*noevil:

But it is constitutional for terrorists to kill 100's of innocent Nigerians right ?. These guys are all terrorists and i suggest ALL NORTHERN LEADERS should be brought in for questioning IMMEDIATELY and there should be 24hrs surveillance on this bas-Tards . THEY KNOW MORE THAN THEY PRETEND TO KNOW. Anyone who suggests that the FG should negotiate with terrorists should be interrogated and if found guilty he should be killed in broad daylight IMMEDIATELY to prevent another so called "escape" . It might sound barbaric but killing 100's of people is also barbaric , right now jungle justice should prevail . That's the order of the day . Constitution my foot , We are in a war now and the constitution plays NO PART in a war . its time to ANNIHILATE THIS BAS-TARDS

Bros, you mean no be small
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Odunnu: 5:18am On Jan 25, 2012
These Borno state dudes must have been seeing the entire 160m Nigerians as either kids or fools. I cant believe a leader in the present day Nigeria will publicly make such utterance. Hmmmm, if I get mouth for this government, na to send men over to Borno state, pick these dudes and set them ablaze the Aba way- no jury, no judge. Dudes know so much we are unaware of.

@jmaine, where are you getting these crazy pictures from?
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by antartica(m): 7:40am On Jan 25, 2012
Involving america will officially make the fight a fight against international jihadist brotherhood(diehard terrorists) and a clear cut case of nigeria break up on or b4 2015 as initiated by them(americans) A country plague by these two groups,the devil and the deep blue sea never recovers. Like the man rightly said,trying to establish contact with the animals,BK,will put a face to the faceless group and an advantage to the nigerian wayward security in the fight against them. I think i bought that,establishing contact with them wouldnt mean given in to them but rather a way of sizing them up and understanding their network.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Beaf: 8:01am On Jan 25, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Are you kidding me?? Ali Mungono should be arrested immediately and placed under arrest with other captured BH members! How dare he second guess the government in this matter? Our armed forces and police are capable of protecting our country the way the've protected Kano, Abuja, Bornu, and other areas ko?

I suppose the funds he looted when he was Petroleum Minister has not yet been exhaused. I'd place the man under investigation and arrest his A$s if I were GEJ. Nonsence and ingredients!  angry

The bolded is what caught my attention too. Where did Ali Mungono get the boldness to speak authoritatively about something the govt has not yet done? It would seem like he is carrying out some sort of underhand campaign to swivel minds and get in foreign extremists.

df2006:

Lets watch and wait patiently.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Lasinoh: 8:02am On Jan 25, 2012
Abi o!
After all MEND went vacationing in Dubai as partial retirement package. kiss
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Beaf: 8:07am On Jan 25, 2012
Odunnu:

These Borno state dudes must have been seeing the entire 160m Nigerians as either kids or fools. I cant believe a leader in the present day Nigeria will publicly make such utterance. Hmmmm, if I get mouth for this government, na to send men over to Borno state, pick these dudes and set them ablaze the Aba way- no jury, no judge. Dudes know so much we are unaware of.

@jmaine, where are you getting these crazy pictures from?

. . .Says an angel. wink

Tell me about it sha. If not for civilisation, many of those old bats and fetid pits would have been done by now.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 25, 2012
get dis boko haram financier arrested once and for all!
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 25, 2012
The Boko Haram Financier is AQIM in Libya, and AQIM is run by the CIA!
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Myself2(m): 8:21am On Jan 25, 2012
^^^
Yes,like Barrack Obama is the governor of Lagos state
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by Myself2(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2012
@ OP

Why are those old men already shitting in their pants?? why the criminal Ali Monguno is second-guessing the FG could only be due to one reason:HE IS ONE OF THE BOKO HARAM FINACIERS

GEJ should not listen to them,he should go ahead and sign every security pact signable,with the US,Israel etc.We need 'em military bases in the North East ASAP
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by specialiss: 9:17am On Jan 25, 2012
Myself2:

@ OP

Why are those old men already shitting in their pants?? why the criminal Ali Monguno is second-guessing the FG could only be due to one reason:HE IS ONE OF THE BOKO HARAM FINACIERS

GEJ should not listen to them,he should go ahead and sign every security pact signable,with the US,Israel etc.We need 'em military bases in the North East ASAP

Conspiracy theory: What about security pact people? Are they not the one who gingered this.  They are the one who first told us this terrorism some years back.  Is this not another IRAQ War.  Oil Money, Blood Money. This is just not the beginning is the path.

Every should think twice.
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by namfav(m): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2012
if we can't find dialogue to end the nonsense then we are heading in a long bitter war, which only dialogue will solve after millions of people have died. do people think that borno leaders dont know what is right for borno? do you think that borno leaders want to lose a state they call home? im tired of some if not alot of southerners with their disregard for education on things they dont know, everyone with a opinion is a financier? you are stupid people with no solution for the long term
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by eastOFwest(m): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2012
tyson55:

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/34833-police-discover-another-8-bomb-laden-cars-in-kano-recover-300-canned-bombs-boko-haram-gunman-kills-court-registrar-as-jtf-kills-4-suspected-sect-members-borno-elders-warn-jonathan-on-security-pact-with-us

What a load of crap! Are external forces (Saudi etc)not already involved in sponsoring BH? Are foreign nationals (Chadians etc) not already on Nigerian soil fighting for them? So what's wrong with using external forces to defend? What is good for the goose is good for the gander!
Re: Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us by efisher(m): 9:33am On Jan 25, 2012
^Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Simon Lalong Holds Peace Meeting With Leaders Of Communities In Jos. / NNPC Signs $3.15bn Financing For OML 13 / Exclusive: Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu Lands In Ikoyi Prison Shivering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.