Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,227 members, 7,849,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

Why I Shunned Fuel Subsidy Protest - Terry G - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Shunned Fuel Subsidy Protest - Terry G (559 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Shunned Fuel Subsidy Protest - Terry G by Goddex: 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2012
Why I shunned Fuel Subsidy protest -Terry G

On January 25, 2012 · In Showtime People
Email0

By OPEOLUWANI AKINTAYO
At a time when fellow artistes were all out to protest against the removal of Fuel Subsidy by the Jonathan

adminstration, House of Ginger master, Terry G never stepped a foot at the protests.

Terry G gave reasons why he didn’t show up at the protest in an interview he recently granted an online magazine, saying he didn’t see any reason to be at the protests.

According to Terry, the protest was a waste of time because instead of artistes protesting against the removal of Subsidy, the protest became a means to perform their songs.

…I don’t get it, I saw artistes performing their songs and forgetting what the protests really meant. What’s the point in that? I’m not looking for that kind of attention,
he commented.

Instead of being at the protests, Terry G took out time to share already packed food prepared by his mother, to hungry street children and area boys, claiming that they needed his help more than his presence at the protests.

My people have found it hard to eat so I just brought some food for the hungry kids, he said.

-Vanguard Newspaper of Jan 25, 2012
Re: Why I Shunned Fuel Subsidy Protest - Terry G by Goddex: 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
Akpako master has spoken
Re: Why I Shunned Fuel Subsidy Protest - Terry G by pcicero(m): 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2012
He should shut his phucking trap! Who doesn't feed hungry peeps? Was he even missed?
He has to work on his own image because there are several reports that he doesn't honour contractual agreements. It is common knowledge that he collects money from people and doesn't show up to perform as agreed.
BTW, if he had gone to Ojota, he would have incurred the peeps wrath with his errant behaviours.

(1) (Reply)

NLC Against Sovereign National Conference / Governors Set For War With Federal Government / North ‘ll Retain Abuja If Nigeria Breaks Up– Junaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.