Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Men Who Suffer In Silence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Who Suffer In Silence (13081 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer / ‘I Know Four Men Who Have Slept With My Wife’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Suffer In Silence by db10dtruth(m): 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
NORMALLY we hear of women/girls who suffer in abusive relationship in our hood but this days the reverse seems to be the case.
There have been reports of men who suffer immensely in abusive relationships. Girlfriends beating them, threaten the hell outta them & stuffs.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by zayhal(f): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
Very good.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by ronkebp(f): 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
They will not come out, because only 1% of them are in abusive relationships.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 4:28pm On Jan 25, 2012
LOL@ this thread. A girl beat me? Dem no born am! Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by jaybee3(m): 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2012
suffering in silence isn't necessarily synonymous to being walloped by the opposite sex.
They could be suffering from emotional abuse or whatever
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 4:42pm On Jan 25, 2012
jay bee:

suffering in silence isn't necessarily synonymous to being walloped by the opposite sex.
They could be suffering from emotional abuse or whatever

Emotional abuse? How?! Who born am?! Who born her father?! Her father no get house? As soon as I get tired of her foolishness, out she goes, back to the father who forgot to give her home-training! I'll only take her back after produces a signed and sealed certificate of completion! grin grin grin

Why would your wife be emotionally abusing you in your own house? You no get balls? Even if the house belongs to her, you no fit comot and leave her to continue abusing the empty house? Life is not that hard oh, my bros.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by jaybee3(m): 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
moremi2008:

Emotional abuse? How?! Who born am?! Who born her father?! Her father no get house? As soon as I get tired of her foolishness, out she goes, back to the father who forgot to give her home-training! I'll only take her back after produces a signed and sealed certificate of completion! grin grin grin

Why would your wife be emotionally abusing you in your own house? You no get balls? Even if the house belongs to her, you no fit comot and leave her to continue abusing the empty house? Life is not that hard oh, my bros.
dude, are you married or ever been in love?
A friend of mine almost killed himself because he loved his then gf too damn much.
It happens and it's even more deadly when you don't know that's the case
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2012
jay bee:

dude, are you married or ever been in love?
A friend of mine almost killed himself because he loved his then gf too damn much.
It happens and it's even more deadly when you don't know that's the case

Which kin luv is dat one? Dat one nah mugu-express oh! Kill myself over a girl when dem plenty like water everywhere? Hahaha! Not me!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by mcnepow(m): 5:01pm On Jan 25, 2012
Moremi, u nor go undastand. I have seen a guy suddenly develop high fever simply because his babe was holding another guy a day after they split. I think say d guy go die sef, it was unbelievable.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2012
mcnepow:

Moremi, u nor go undastand. I have seen a guy suddenly develop high fever simply because his babe was holding another guy a day after they split. I think say d guy go die sef, it was unbelievable.

That's the guy's problem oh! Which one com concern emotional abuse and beatings from a girl?
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 25, 2012
@OP
that one na OBVIOUS cases of abuse, what about the emotional abuse of women forcing men to act a damn fool, simply because of coochie? or men all around the world doing things they dont want to do, simply because coochie is promised to them? what about men going into debts because they want to impress some women or better yet, men working from morning till night to provide for an ungrateful "sudden whale" (aka baby momma) at home. THATS THE REAL ABUSE, MAN!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Fhemmmy: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@OP
that one na OBVIOUS cases of abuse, what about the emotional abuse of women forcing men to act a damn fool, simply because of coochie? or men all around the world doing things they dont want to do, simply because coochie is promised to them? what about men going into debts because they want to impress some women or better yet, men working from morning till night to provide for an ungrateful "sudden whale" (aka baby momma) at home. THATS THE REAL ABUSE, MAN!

No one force a man to do such . . . That was the choice of the man.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by ronkebp(f): 8:04pm On Jan 25, 2012
moremi2008:

Which kin luv is dat one? Dat one nah mugu-express oh! Kill myself over a girl when dem plenty like water everywhere? Hahaha! Not me!

You can never understand that type of ''love'' if you have never experienced it.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 25, 2012
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
chaircover:

Some of the comments on this thread are the reason why abused men fail to talk about it and keep it to themselves for fear of being laughed at until one day they snap and do something silly.

No one should be abused; not men and not women. . . .

That is so true . . .
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

No one force a man to do such  . . .  That was the choice of the man.

sadly thats what emotional abuse is all about. . . . . . .  partners pressuring you to do what you dont want to do OR partners using something to pressure you into doing what you are not ready/willing to do.

some women are CHAMPIONS in blackmailing men: how many times have we heard them say that they will not Be Intimate (or have sudden"headaches"wink when they are mad at their partner? how many times have you heard them use kids/divorce as leverage in what they desire? (aka if you dont do this or that i will take the kids and leave). whatever form of blackmail is abuse and sadly "some"women are masters of blackmail!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Fhemmmy: 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

some women are CHAMPIONS in blackmailing men: how many times have we heard them say that they will not Be Intimate (or have sudden"headaches"wink when they are mad at their partner? how many times have you heard them use kids/divorce as leverage in what they desire? (aka if you dont do this or that i will take the kids and leave). whatever form of blackmail is abuse and sadly "some"women are masters of blackmail!

True Dat
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by armyofone(m): 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2012
how can he ever? that bobo ni latest is a sharp shooter, na him computer be him lover.

what are his other ID self, i wan know.

ronkebp:

You can never understand that type of ''love'' if you have never experienced it.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by ronkebp(f): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
armyofone:

how can he ever? that bobo ni latest is a sharp shooter, na him computer be him lover.

lmao grin grin grin AND HE SABI WRITE THESIS, i DEY TIRE TO READ long talk, you will see him drafting out words, paragraph by paragraph. wink wink wink wink
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 5:36am On Jan 26, 2012
armyofone:

Which other ID my love? Are you single and pretty? kiss kiss kiss

ronkebp:

lmao grin grin grin AND HE SABI WRITE THESIS, i DEY TIRE TO READ long talk, you will see him drafting out words, paragraph by paragraph. wink wink wink wink

Are you jealous or are you a secret admirer? I was born a genius! Finished my PHD thesis when I was only 2yrs old! grin grin grin grin. Go ask about me in my father's village among the oil wells of Delta State!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by deniyor: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2012
Abuse is not all about beatings. Some men don't even realise the abuse is going on till it becomes too late. I know I hv experienced some form of pyschological and mental abuse from a gf before. I learnt a lot then.

Men want to be seen as macho and alpha to the point they hardly admit to abuse from women. For all his talk Moremi might be some sissy in real life.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by kakaG: 1:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
See guys, the truth here is that that word love is very strong. No man, married or not fit tell me say he no dey boil when he sees his woman in the arms of another man.

secondly, the truth is that we are weaker in relationships and that is why we adopt to the strategy of ( the best form of deffence is attack) now and then.

For me o, I will not let any woman toy with my emotions because the result may be bloody.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by richy5(m): 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
brb
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by RoyalRoy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
Very obvious Moremi never fell in love before. And am sure when u fall,its gonna be real hard.
@OP,its so sad cos such men wont come out to admit it. You meet ladies who give their men ultimatums to provide what he doesnt have,tell their man nt to expect sex if he doesnt do bla bla. I think men should speak out too.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by NET1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
Simple: I'll take a walk from the relationship. There are lots of pretty girls in town - even prettier ones. When a girl starts to misbehave, just let her know you have better options.

Such things described here happen when she feels that she is the best thing that has ever happened to you. If my girl (or even wife) thinks that there's someone who's better than me, I'll let her go. And quite frankly, I won't feel a thing.

PS: I love with my HEAD - not my HEART. All the guys who love with their hearts are vulnerable to heart attack caused when their girls start behaving funny.

.NET
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by 3kay945(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
i know of a guy that is currently been  abuse by his wife,  the guy got no balls. Am not in a position to advise him, i would have. undecided
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by freecocoa(f): 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
I just dey look you moremi dey laugh.its the likes of moremi that fall stuppidly if they ever fall in love,you think it all ends at coming to the net to brag,mscheeew.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by obowunmi(m): 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2012
Most men who suffer abuse have low-esteem, low-self confidence issues, or mental retardation. It is also likely that they are impotent. The feeling of I have to stick with an abuser because she is the only one that can be with me.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by stepo707: 2:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
obowunmi:

Most men who suffer abuse have low-esteem, low-self confidence issues, or mental retardation. It is also likely that they are impotent. The feeling of I have to stick with an abuser because she is the only one that can be with me.
I agree with the bolded.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by blackweaver(m): 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2012
u pple no dey read "Efe and Jude" cartoon for punch newspaper?
if you as a normal sized guy got married to a woman of that proportion, unless the woman has the fear of God i'm very sure there
will be some serious "man abuse"
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Okontami: 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
mm
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by stepo707: 3:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
Okontami:

Dear All, i am really suffering in silence. Am in Ghana, Nairaland ladies in Ghana please come and save me
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did You Achieve Your Goals/targets For This Year? / Engagement List / Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.