Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar (970 Views)

Cameroon Slaugthers 150 Nigerians! and Nigerians Are Quiet? / Confusion In Customs As Officers Reject New Cg / Resume Of New Ig Md Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by onomeasike: 1:57am On Jan 27, 2012
This is a good time for igbos to speak against this man's appointment,they should drop this blind loyalty to an Ijawman and seek out the interest and safety of their kith and kin.Just on the announcement of MD Mohammed's appointment alone,the main igbo bus terminal in northern Nigeria's main city has been terrorised while most igbos are trapped and living in fear,some stupid complacent igbos will not speak out against this IGP misfit.

I am glad Father mbaka is talking,I think igbos should force their political leaders to send airplane to uplift their kiths and kin.Walahi,if after my advice is ignored,any ibotic fellow that disturb my peace on nairaland will be visited by shopona(God of chickenpox)!

[b]Northern Christians reject new IG, MD Abubakar
•Allege religious fanaticism, Jos crisis indictment
From NOAH EBIJE, Kaduna
Friday January 27, 2012

Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section
Twenty-four hours after appointing Muhammed Abubakar as the acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Christians in the 19 northern states and Abuja have rejected him.
In a statement signed by the Publicity Secretary of the Christian Association Nigeria (CAN), Sunday Oibe, it noted that all the Christians in the region were surprised at Abubakar’s appointment, citing alleged controversy surrounding his paramilitary career.

He was Assistant Inspector-General (AIG), Zone 12 before he was appointed on Wednesday by President Goodluck Jonathan to replace former IGP Hafiz Ringim, who had proceeded on retirement leave. The statement drew the attention of President Jonathan to the antecedents of the new acting IGP when he was the commissioner of police in Plateau State and his defence before the Justice Niki Tobi Commission of Inquiry into Jos crisis in 2001.

“The appointment of Mohammed D. Abubakar as the acting Inspector-General of Police came to us as a big surprise because this is a man whose career is trailed by controversy based on religious fanaticism. To us, the appointment of Abubakar is an extension of terrorism in Nigeria.

“Christians in northern Nigeria will not feel safe following his antecedents as the commissioner of police in Plateau State as documented by the Justice Niki Tobi Commission of Inquiry into the bloody killings in the crisis in Jos in 2001.
“To us, it is a licence given to him by the president to unleash terror on Christians and we reject his appointment as acting IG.
“The profile of Abubakar is not befitting of an acting IG of police. One begins to wonder why a man who was indicted for religious fanaticism by the Niki Tobi Commission, which equally recommended him for retirement and outright dismissal, could be allowed to remain in the police force.

“It appears that some unpatriotic characters, especially in the Nigeria police, are being allowed to have their ways in this country. We say this because there is similarity between Zakari Biu, a commissioner of police, who set free a suspected Boko Haram bomber and Abubakar, who supervised the killings and wanton destruction of lives and property in the 2001 crisis in Jos.

“We are calling on the Federal Government, whose duty is to protect lives and property, to look inward and appoint a liberal Nigerian as inspector-general of police and not a religious fanatic,” the statement said. [/b]
Re: New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by BlackPikiN(m): 2:20am On Jan 27, 2012
OP,
Wetin concern Igbo people.
E be like say U dey craze.
You are very stoppoid.
Do you guys just wake up with Igbophobia on your demented minds?
You are a f00l and very pathetic.
I sh///iiiitttt on this thread!
Re: New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by aljharem(m): 2:25am On Jan 27, 2012
@op

WHt has the new IG got to do with Igbo undecided

did they tell you they are worried undecided

LOL I hope people ignore this rubbish
Re: New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by aljharem(m): 2:25am On Jan 27, 2012
BlackPikiN:

OP,
You are very stoppoid.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin SEE ANGER grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin LOL
Re: New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by onomeasike: 2:30am On Jan 27, 2012
BlackPikiN:

OP,
You are very stoppoid.

All these just because I adviced ibos to be counted among sane minds like northern christians before it is tooooo late.This new IGP man,according to the indictment,cannot be trusted.All you need do is open ur eyes and mind to think,it may be too late to save the lives of igbos in the north.
Why Igbos,if you ask me?Because ibos shout loudest even when those killed are not igbos,like the case of the Channels TV reporters.
I am not ibophobic at all,infact,the greatest enemies of ibos are ibos!
Re: New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by aljharem(m): 2:33am On Jan 27, 2012
onomeasike:

All these just because I adviced ibos to be counted among sane minds like northern christians before it is tooooo late.This new IGP man,according to the indictment,cannot be trusted.All you need do is open ur eyes and mind to think,it may be too late to save the lives of igbos in the north.
Why Igbos,if you ask me?Because ibos shout loudest even when those killed are not igbos,like the case of the Channels TV reporters.
I am not ibophobic at all,infact,the greatest enemies of ibos are ibos!

I don't think they need that advice now.

I bet they can think for themselves and know what to do. You are not the one to tell an entire group of people what to do.
Re: New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by onomeasike: 2:39am On Jan 27, 2012
alj harem:

@op

WHt has the new IG got to do with Igbo undecided

did they tell you they are worried undecided

LOL I hope people ignore this rubbish

The new IGP,unless proven otherwise or proven that he is not the same man alleged to have 'supervised' and 'cordinated' the killing of non-muslims(mostly igbos  according to Ohaneze and massob,I suppose)
In saner climes,the appointment of this man,indicted by a competent body,isnt possible!
Re: New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by aljharem(m): 2:44am On Jan 27, 2012
onomeasike:

The new IGP,unless proven otherwise or proven that he is not the same man alleged to have 'supervised' and 'cordinated' the killing of non-muslims(mostly igbos  according to Ohaneze and massob,I suppose)
In saner climes,the appointment of this man,indicted by a competent body,isnt possible!

you need to stop taking Ohaneze serious. They have nothing to say or even offer after following them.

Now the real igbos I know are not singling out themselves but the ones on the internet.

Boko haram is not liked by everyone.

The victim mentality Ohaneze is trying to protray is only political.

Lets just leave Igbos out of it for now until the dust settles wink
Re: New Ig :while Igbos Are Quiet,northern Christians Reject New Ig, Md Abubakar by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 27, 2012
But this new man is Dikko now and not Dahiru of Jos. Maybe northern CAN is making hasty conclution!

(1) (Reply)

I Did Not Plead Guilty - Ibori / Student Who Obtained 0% On An Exam [pic] / Tsav Calls For Azazi’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.