Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference (1474 Views)

Isah Misau Attacked In Ningi In Bauchi - Sahara Reporters / Ismaila Mu’azu Hassan Wins House Of Reps Rerun Election In Gombe / North Not 80% Of Nigerian Population, Afenifere Replies ACF. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by Ddaji(m): 10:30am On Jan 27, 2012
Political leaders of the Northern part of the country are not afraid to discuss the future of Nigeria at the so-called sovereign national conference, Chairman of Bullet Construction, Malam Samaila Isa, said yesterday.

Speaking at the 9th Annual Daily Trust Dialogue, Isa said some political leaders from other parts of the country have turned the issue of sovereign national conference into a sectional agitation.

“If somebody wants a sovereign national conference in Nigeria, do you think those of us from this part of the country will say no? The person is welcome.

“What is sovereign national conference? People just want to lead some group of people. I am not being parochial and anybody who knows me knows that I have crossed that boundary, but if anybody wants sovereign national conference so be it.”

Isa said the North could survive without oil revenue. “We have land, we can feed ourselves. Is oil not a curse on us?”

He said elder statesmen and political leaders from all sections must refrain from making comments that could aggravate tension in the country.

Reacting to an advertorial by elders from a section of the country claiming blood affinity to President Goodluck Jonathan, he said “many of those that signed their names on that paid advert, some of us who know them closely were not surprised.

“But, there are few of them that we were surprised by virtue of what position they held in this country, they should be the last people to get involved in such a thing, even if it is going to be done.”

Isa said there are however an editorial in a newspaper owned by a South-south indigene and comments by some individuals that proved that such ‘elders’ lacked support of the majority for the position they took.source:www.dailytrust.com
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by slimghost(m): 11:08am On Jan 27, 2012
STFU mallam. One Nigeria will soon be part of history.Oil a curse? am sorry for you.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by emmke(m): 11:16am On Jan 27, 2012
every region in the country has one thing or the other that they can survive on. Obviously, no region is scared of division at the moment, contrary to beliefs by certain section of the country.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by emmke(m): 11:23am On Jan 27, 2012
slimghost:

STFU mallam. One Nigeria will soon be part of history.Oil a curse? am sorry for you.
shut up for what?
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by Ddaji(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
An average southerner is a noisemaker without action.They have been talking about sovereign conference for years.Roll out the modalities and see who will back out.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by Arosa(m): 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
@topic, then have the NSC now, fast.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2012
I can tell you that they indeed have general support. who wants a country with bloodthirsty terrorists?
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by Ddaji(m): 4:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ Darui.Neither who want live in the same country with gang rapists.419,arm robbers etc.Have you ever take time to know the number of your brothers and sisters that are waiting hang man in china,Singapore,Korea etc in respect of hard drug related offences.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by energylink: 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2012
Ddaji:

@ Darui.Neither who want live in the same country with gang rapists.419,arm robbers etc.Have you ever take time to know the number of your brothers and sisters that are waiting hang man in china,Singapore,Korea etc in respect of hard drug related offences.

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL. TO SHOW THAT YOU HAVE NO CONSIENCE, EVEN YOUR OWN BROTHERS ARE KILLED BY YOUR BROTHERS WHO SAY THEY ARE BOKO HARAM. NOW TELL ME, IF WE ARE AGITATING FOR SNC DO YOU THINK WE ARE FOOLS ASKING FOR THAT? THE TRUTH IS THAT WHERE A MAN;S TREASURE IS THERE LIES HIS HEART. WE WANT TO LEAVE YOU PEOPLE BECAUSE YOUR PEOPLE ARE CARNIBBAL AND OUR EXISTENCE AND RESOURCES IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US. WHEN WE BREAK UP, YOU GUYS CAN DECLARE IMPUNITY AND JUDGMENT ON YOURSELVES, AFTER ALL THATS YOUR RELIGIOUS PRINCIPLE. NIGERIA IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A BEAUTY AND A BEAST.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by ak47mann(m): 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
lol SNC Nigeria should stop looking at our  resources,we rather give it to Americans for free than these parasite bombing us and playing tribalism on us cool
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
Ddaji:

Comparing 419 with crimes against Humanity? Chei,see my point exactly.
So armed robbery,drug pushing and gang rape was and still is being committed by solely a section of the country?
As a matter of fact,I will choose those group of people over those terrorists who bombs fellow humans for fun,whose warped and illogical understanding of a noble religion is self serving,whose single cow is worth more than a hundred lives and whose intolerance and propensity for violence is inhuman,barbaric and beyond my understanding!
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by sheyguy: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
The likes of zik brought us together against our wish because of what they where benefiting from the marriage now the marriage is no longer favouring them they are disperate for resource this and SNC that. Anyone who thinks he is not getting what he expects in the Nigeria is free to push for SNC, but blaming other region for decision u forced them into isn't the wisest thing to do.
I support the idea of SNC anyday anytime.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by Chyz2: 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
sheyguy:

The likes of zik brought us together against our wish because of what they where benefiting from the marriage now the marriage is no longer favouring them they are disperate for resource this and SNC that. Anyone who thinks he is not getting what he expects in the Nigeria is free to push for SNC, but blaming other region for decision u forced them into isn't the wisest thing to do.

Zik never brought any nigeria together. He had NO authority to do so. What Zik fought for was independence from britain, the north and west fought for "unity".
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by SamIkenna: 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
sheyguy:

Are you serious for real or are you trying to scapegoat ZIk? I'm not in the habit of defending ZIk but what you said is really out of line. Anwway let me see if I understood right, did you mean that Igbos (veiling it as Zik) forced One Nigeria on the rest of Nigeria and now that one Nigeria is hurting Igbos they are blaiming other regions for it. That Igbos are desparate now for resource control and SNC?

Pls do respond. I dont want to assume things. I want to get a clear pic from you before I give you my full response.
Thank you
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by sheyguy: 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2012
Bring it on
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by SamIkenna: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
Bro, bring it on is not the answer to the question I asked you. Maybe you are spoiling for a fight but that's totally unnecessary. I asked you to tell me if my assumption to your post is correct or not then we can take it from there. I assume you're time worths a lot for you just like I believe mine worths too, therefore if we're going to be here doing this "bring it on" sabre rattling then I would rather use my time for something else. What I want you to tell me is if my assumption to your above post is correct or not - C'est finis.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by edoyad(m): 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
Which day will the conference begin ? Cant wait for the disintegration process that would lead to the Somaliarization of some people.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by emmke(m): 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2012
why dont we just divide the country. Too much tribalism and hatred.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by auwal87(m): 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
I respect you Ismaila Isah, in fact I need your number to congratulate you for opening your eyes and understanding the real truth of what holds back the development of our people.

We want AREWA REPUBLIC now!
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by edoyad(m): 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2012
emmke:

why dont we just divide the country. Too much tribalism and hatred.

That's why we need the SNC. That is where we will discuss the modalities for the seperation so we can have a peaceful seperation. If that fails, get ready to serve in my Platoon in the Middlebelt Revolutionary Army smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by emmke(m): 9:35pm On Jan 27, 2012
edoyad:

That's why we need the SNC. That is where we will discuss the modalities for the seperation so we can have a peaceful seperation. If that fails, get ready to serve in my Platoon in the Middlebelt Revolutionary Army smiley smiley smiley smiley
Ur wish is my command, sir. Anything for the middle belt and its people cool
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by edoyad(m): 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
Did i ever tell you i spent six years of my formative years in J town ?
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by emmke(m): 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2012
^that's nice. Jos's my home town. Where u from?
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by edoyad(m): 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2012
shocked What? Where am i from? You're really new on NL if you dont know where edoyad be from? grin grin
Where's Da Jang's wife from? wink
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by Ddaji(m): 12:53am On Jan 28, 2012
Samaila isah is the owner of bullet construction company who has on his payroll over 4000 southerners.He truely spoke the mind of an average northerner.We are waiting for the promoters of the conferance to react and set the ball rolling.This fake queen marriage is not working,let us take our separate way.imagine living in the same country with the killers of innocent children in the name of withcraft.This time round we dont want usualy lagos press conferance,show us you are serious.
Re: Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference by emmke(m): 6:32am On Jan 28, 2012
edoyad:

shocked What? Where am i from? You're really new on NL if you dont know where edoyad be from? grin grin
Where's Da Jang's wife from? wink
ah, in-law. But seriously bro, we've got to be serious about this MB agenda. This country isn't working. All over nl, everyone seem to be drawing out their territories. Most of which include parts of MB. It's high time we made a stand and increase the awareness amongst the people that constitute the MB territory. The region is blessed with vast expanse of fertile lands and abundant mineral resources. I strongly believe we'd do well.

(1) (Reply)

Like Farouk, Like Femi Gbajabiamila, As New Mr. Integrity's Fraudulent Past / GEJ Has Done It Again. / Lucky Igbinedion House Where ACN Chieftain IZE Iyamu Leaves (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.