Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,205 members, 7,845,996 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Crime! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Crime! (1123 Views)

If This Was A Prison cell In Nigeria, Sure Crime Rate Will Be Very High (photo) / The Crime That The Police At Shagamu Police Station At Ikorodu Perform. / CRUELTY: Police Brutally Beat Helpless Women Over Petty Crime (GRAPHIC VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Crime! by chino11(m): 9:51am On Jan 28, 2012
Adeoye Dowo was a hunch back but with the craving of every 25-year-old male which he was. Hence, when two young women made sexual overtures at him, he thought he had finally found some members of the opposite sex who found him attractive. He never hesitated to go with them. What became of this seeming sexual escapade?

When 25 year-old-Adeoye Dowo, a hunchback from Ago Alaye village in Araromi –Obu area of Ondo State received two unusual visitors in his home, little did he know that he was moving closer to his grave. Though, Adeoye was not so lucky at the end of the day his assailants are now cooling off with the men of Criminal Investigation Department in Akure. Adeoye was killed in a gruesome manner by four young men who were suspected to want to use him for money rituals.

The four young men, Samuel Olatunji, Dayo Araromi, Lekan Holo and others at large were said to have visited an herbalist, Oluwatosin Elebile, in their community on how to make fast money. The herbalist was said to have asked them to secure a hunch which would be used for the rituals. Desperate in their quest to get rich and live on the fast lane, the four young men secured the aid of two of their girlfriends to lure Adeoye who lived in the same environment with them from his house. Adeoye, being looked down because of his deformity could hardly talk to women; hence, he joyfully jumped at the advances of the young women not knowing they were being used as bait. The young women succeeded in their assignment and delivered Adeoye to his assailants who took him into a thick forest at Oniaraga area of the state where he was hacked to death and his hunch removed. Speaking on the incident, the state Commissioner of Police, Sani Magari, informed reporters after the arrest of the suspects that, the father of the hunchback Adeoye, Oladapo Dowo on the January 13, 2011 reported at the Araromi Obu Police Station that his son was missing and police swung into action. He said investigation, however, revealed that Samuel Olatunji and his group kidnapped Adeoye.

The police commissioner said further that after interrogation by the police, Samuel confessed to have committed the offence and led the police to the scene of the crime which was in a bush. There, the police recovered the dismembered remains of Adeoye. It was discovered at the scene that the hunch of Adeoye had been removed. Confirming his involvement in the crime, Samuel confessed that his group had visited a native doctor for money making ritual. According to Samuel, it was the herbalist who asked them to bring the hunch of a hunch back. “We contacted a herbalist on how to make fast money and he assured us that if we could bring a hunch for the rituals we would surely become rich. We immediately swung into action by employing some ladies to lure Adeoye to the bush and we killed him before removing the hunch. “We kept the hunch in a plastic and hid it in a bush but unfortunately for us the police traced us and I was apprehended while others ran away. Before we got to where we kept the hunch, it had been taken away. I suspected my friends took it away in order not to leave any trace.” But the herbalist, Oluwatosin Elebile, denied his involvement in the crime saying he knew nothing about the crime and the accused, though he confirmed being a native doctor and knowing the accused and his group saying they only came to him for assistance but failed to mention the kind of assistance he rendered to them. Elebile said “I am an electrician but I combined it with being a native doctor.

I was never involved in this shady deal. I don’t know anything about their action and I never instructed them to kill or bring hunch to me, they only want to implicate me” Samuel however insisted that the herbalist knew about the crime, “I wonder why he is putting up all these lies; I cannot just implicate him if he doesn’t ask for the hunch, and we won’t be desperate in looking for the hunch and killing Adeoye in the process”. Asked what informed their action to be involved in the crime, Samuel who said he is jobless and “we want to become rich and live a comfortable life” Meanwhile it was gathered that irate youths of the community after discovering that the four young men were responsible for the death of Adeoye set their houses and properties and that of their immediate family ablaze. Members of the families of the suspects including the two women who lured Adeoye out of the house have also taken to their heels as the youths in the area vowed to kill any of them who dare enter the town. The state police command however said that the remains of Adeoye, the hunchback, had been deposited at a morgue pending the time the suspects would be charged to court adding that efforts are in top gear to arrest those at large.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/community-mirror/crime-watch/30004.html
Re: Crime! by chino11(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2012
Monsters called Yorubas. When will their love of money stop them from giving us bad image worldwide    cool
Re: Crime! by obowunmi(m): 10:26am On Jan 28, 2012
Are Boko Horam boys yorubas as well?
Re: Crime! by ASOROCKb(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2012
Bad Gov.
Lord have Mercy.
Lol@yorubaz
Re: Crime! by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 28, 2012
Crazyyyyy ibo boys una don start again ya people no dey do money rituals infactu ya own worse pass
Re: Crime! by sovpounds(m): 11:31am On Jan 28, 2012
Another thread by an 'arch-tribalist' seeking to portray his tribe as holy and another tribe as evil. There is no tribe in Nigeria that does not have 'career murderers'. I would not be surprised if a moderator who is an 'arch-tribalist' moves this tribal thread to the front page.
Re: Crime! by gists: 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2012
[size=18pt]Keep wallowing in your foolishness.  grin grin grin[/size] Very soon sum1 wil come and say okija is in SW
Re: Crime! by manny4life(m): 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2012
This is just sad, cry cry cry How can someone, really use someone for rituals, let alone someone who has a disability? God in heaven, they WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE. The tears of the victim will hunt them both physical and spiritual, Mr State Attorney should request for the death penalty on them as well. To be honest, can we for once leave tribal issues ALONE? An innocent disabled fellow was murdered for money, YET, you guys are accusing each other who's tribe does it most? This is so demeaning of all of you, I won't even stoop so low to engage in trashy talks like this.

(1)

OMG!!! Two Abuja High Class Chicks Fight Unclad In Public / I Bought Range Rover For Linda Ikeji With My Money- Remi Tinubu / South Africa: Zulu King Bows To Pressure....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.