Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:25 AM

Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance (15957 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cars In The World! / Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. / Hybrid Cars In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance by Ricmayak1: 9:39pm On May 28, 2015
Lexusgs430:

I have owned a 3rd generation Toyota Prius and a second generation Lexus GS450 H. I have not achieved quoted figures (probably because my right foot, is lead induced).
Hence my disengagement from the hybrid revolution.

"(probably because my right foot, is lead induced)."
You now see abi?
As I earlier mentioned, but did not go into detail;

Hope your mechanic does not service your hybrids with 20w50 oil? If so, run!

Hope your e-CVT has not been overfilled with transmission fluid? some mechanics refill through a wrong hole. If so, run!

watch tire change I.e differences between stock tires and new ones. It may determine inflation pressure that affects fuel economy. If you install new tires with higher max inflation pressure, kindly increase your tyre pressure. low pressure causes tyre sidewall flex, increases rolling resistance thereby increasing fuel consumption. Stock tires also have low rolling resistance in contrast to new ones.

Check aged HO2S and spark plugs. In fact, kazeems will remove iridium spark plugs that can ignite lean mixtures easily snd replace with conventional copper plugs. Run!

Hope kazeems have not gutted CAT. It's detrimental to hybrid engines becsuse of intake/exhaust valve overlaps.

Hybrid thermostat should be padlocked and be made a no-go area to a Kazeem.

Some hybrids are happier with higher octane fuel.

..........plenty plenty other reasons.
Regards.
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance by Lexusgs430: 9:54pm On May 28, 2015
Ricmayak1:

"(probably because my right foot, is lead induced)."
You now see abi?
As I earlier mentioned, but did not go into detail;

Hope your mechanic does not service your hybrids with 20w50 oil? If so, run!

Hope your e-CVT has not been overfilled with transmission fluid? some mechanics refill through a wrong hole. If so, run!

watch tire change I.e differences between stock tires and new ones. It may determine inflation pressure that affects fuel economy. If you install new tires with higher max inflation pressure, kindly increase your tyre pressure. low pressure causes tyre sidewall flex, increases rolling resistance thereby increasing fuel consumption. Stock tires also have low rolling resistance in contrast to new ones.

Check aged HO2S and spark plugs. In fact, kazeems will remove iridium spark plugs that can ignite lean mixtures easily snd replace with conventional copper plugs. Run!

Hope kazeems have not gutted CAT. It's detrimental to hybrid engines becsuse of intake/exhaust valve overlaps.

Hybrid thermostat should be padlocked and be made a no-go area to a Kazeem.

Some hybrids are happier with higher octane fuel than the ones found in Nigeria.

..........plenty plenty other reasons.
Regards.

When I had them, they were only serviced @ Toyota and Lexus dealerships.
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance by ikefor(m): 2:29am On May 29, 2015
I have been driving a gen 3 Prius in Lagos for the past three years. It's my main commuter vehicle both in traffic and on the freeway. If you drive it according to the manufacturers recommendation including servicing and adherence to oil quality, you will achieve their quoted numbers. I successfully maintain between 42 to 58 MPG consistently. What you need to know is that the Prius has one of the best designed engine in the world today and that's a fact.

Mr. Jossy (hybrids.com.ng)
2007 prius 1NZ-FXE
2010 prius 2ZR-FXE

hybrids dot com dot ng

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance by Horus(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM-aU2dJzV0

[size=15pt]Nigerian students build electric powered car[/size]

A group of Nigerian engineering students have built a track focused, four wheeled electric car using locally sourced
materials and purely indigenous technology. Its innovators say the world is running out of fossil fuels, and Nigeria
will soon need to move towards hybrids and electric cars
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance by bobbito: 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
Who nor go nor know. you are absolutely correct, i have driven my 2007 prius for 4 years and it has not disappointed me. i will be getting the 2011 prius soon

ikefor:
I have been driving a gen 3 Prius in Lagos for the past three years. It's my main commuter vehicle both in traffic and on the freeway. If you drive it according to the manufacturers recommendation including servicing and adherence to oil quality, you will achieve their quoted numbers. I successfully maintain between 42 to 58 MPG consistently. What you need to know is that the Prius has one of the best designed engine in the world today and that's a fact.
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance by ataspray(m): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2015
Ekans:
All these fake people,stick to what our local mechanics can maintain.
God forbid u! people like u is why d country isnt moving forward. duck brain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch A Robot's Attempt To Beat 7 Time MotoGP Champion's Lap Time Record / PAN Introduces Chery Tiggo8 At Kaduna Trade fair / BMW And Shell Unveils Future Hydrogen Refueling Station (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.