Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. (1435 Views)

What Is The Basic Merits And Demerits Of Using A Card Reader In Election? / Yes, He Can. GMB Will Fix Broken Nigeria / Can Strongman Buhari Mend A Broken Nigeria?- Article by Quartz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by leonaidas(m): 8:21am On Jan 29, 2012
I want Nigeria to remain one. With so much going
on in the country recently, the signs are not very
good. People want Nigeria to split up but we have
not really looked at the ramifications of us breaking
into smaller entities. We are like Voltron together,
but when we split up into 5 lions, we may have
bigger robeasts to contend with.
Imagine this scenario- Nigeria breaks up into smaller
nations: Oduduwa Republic (Yoruba), the Democratic
Republic of Biafra (Igbo), United Arewa Emirates
(Hausa Fulani), United Soviet Niger Delta States
(Urhobo, Itshekiri, Kalabari etc.) and the Confederate
States of the Middle Belt (Tiv, Idoma etc.)
What are the consequences? For one, smaller nations
usually have compulsory national military service or
conscriptions to be able to defend their territory, or
else they may get chanced by bigger countries.
Under this national military service, every adult
between 16 and 35 may have to serve in the military
and undergo military training in boot camps around
the country. Yes that includes you BellaNaija
browsing, Brazilian hair fixing, Blackberry Bold
stroking fashionistas. Even those ones wey dey fear
to do ordinary NYSC orientation, and pay bribes to
the commandants and NYSC higher-ups to be able to
dodge camp. There would be no escape. Scared yet?
Ok o.
If we split, what would become of my degree? I
schooled all my life in Lagos and Western Nigeria.
Would my degree now be foreign and unacceptable
for employment in my new country of Biafra? Would
career counselors or HR administrators sneer and say
“Enyi, so you got your education in Oduduwa
Republic. You need to get another degree from
University of Biafra, or no one would employ you.”
I was born in Lagos – and so I am an Oduduwa citizen
by birth. Will my new compatriots accuse me of
being a closet ofe mmanu, indoctrinated in mgati-
ism? I prefer amala to akpu anyday, by the way. No, I
am not a traitor. And yeah, owambe parties rock.
There I said it, so shoot me.
If we split, what would happen to investments in
Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt by different
ethnicities? Will they be nationalized or
appropriated? Bleep that big English – so I won’t be
able to enjoy efo riro, kilishi and edika-ikong
anymore? Tiwa Savage would now be far away from
me, as she would be a foreign national, and so that
will dash my dreams of dating her. Anyway sha, I
would ‘manage’ Genevieve and Munachi.
Our national teams nko? Okay, Mikel Obi, Kalu Uche,
Kanu and Ike Uche are decent footballers, but what
about Osaze, Yakubu and Sani Kaita nko? Granted,
we will whoop you all at soccer tournaments sha. Our
team would be too mad.
But there are other logistic problems if we were to
split, and I am worried about Biafra. Who would be
our president. I would have rooted for Ekwueme if he
was younger, as he looks distinguished and has
oratory skills like Obama, but something tells me
that we may end up with Pius Anyim instead. And
where would the capital be; Owerri could be the Las
Vegas of Biafra, but what about the capital? Abakiliki,
Enugu, Nkalagu, my home-town (Umu-Esco)?
One last question though, what would be our
Independence Year? 1967 or 2012? Or 2000 and
never? Ok, just asking.
www.woahnigeria./
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Lasinoh: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2012
Oh dear!
Not again.
A watched kettle never boils.
Let it split first! kiss

Nigeria with split. . . yen yen yen yen yen

Yet your people keep running for political posts on the local, state and National levels. HA!
If you wanno truly split. . . BOYCOTT ALL ELECTIONS! kiss

Na for mouth? cheesy
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by karfe(m): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2012
grin grin
Leonidas, that was really funny

I want Nigeria to remain one also, but like this:

5 AUTONOMOUS (TRUELY AUTONOMOUS) REGIONS:

AREWA (NORTH)
MIDDLE BELT (CENTRAL)
ALAIGBO (EAST)
ODUDUWA (WEST)
NIGER DELTA (SOUTH)

3 SPECIAL (OR FEDERAL-GOVERNMENT RUN) TERRITORIES:

LAGOS
PORT HARCOURT
KADUNA

1 FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY - ABUJA
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by efisher(m): 8:36am On Jan 29, 2012
If we split, I foresee some form of cooperation between the SE, SW, SS and possibly NC. It won't be as bad as you think.
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Lasinoh: 8:41am On Jan 29, 2012
God forbid SS with SW and SE! angry

SS and N please. cool
Keep SS and SW together. Throw MB with them too. Thank you! cry I nor wanno live with those ones either! kiss

The most destructive nuisances in Nigeria! kiss
I dun wanno live with those two areas without the North to destabilize their madness.
God forbid o! shocked

If NL is anything to go by. . . I rest my case! TWA!!!! cry

I fit live with Northerner as my neighbour. I have done so for yearrrrrrrs in Nigeria with no problems. kiss
Not with a Westerner or an Easterner. God forbid I say! cry
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by ektbear: 8:41am On Jan 29, 2012
You can get pretty damn good Mexican food in the US, yet they aren't one country.

Not sure if the OP is serious at all. . . .
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by nanidee(f): 8:45am On Jan 29, 2012
Lmao @ United Arewa Emirates, United Soviet Niger Delta States, and Confederate
States of the Middle Belt.
OMG!! Laugh wan finish my fuel o. Muhehehehe.

Back to topic: **straight face**
The only question that makes sense out of the whole lot is this:
If we split, what would happen to investments in
Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt by different
ethnicities? Will they be nationalized or
appropriated?

Everyother question is irrelevant. :/
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 29, 2012
NE is nigeria's black sheep! Do away with them, and hav a peaceful and united nigeria!
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Araboy(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2012
@ lasinoh As a start  You have to cover yourself first before living with northerners subhana Allah shocked
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by dustydee: 8:57am On Jan 29, 2012
Can't we just de-emphasize the center and reduce the powers of the president so that we have less craze for federal power?
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Lasinoh: 9:41am On Jan 29, 2012
Araboy:

@ lasinoh As a start  You have to cover yourself first before living with northerners subhana Allah shocked

Do you think I walk around nikid? cheesy
AM I NOT COVERED? wink
This is for my cyber customers only. To help them save their marriages with their UGLY, BLACK, fat wives at home.
I don't walk around in my night-wear abi na 'dress' according to una Mgbeke First Lady from the other website you know? wink

My husband loooooooves that profile pic. grin
It gives him an extra-extra hard on!
I don't do Northerners either. . . Or Nigerians for that matter.
So Northerners can relax. Not my customers.
I just love them as neighbours. . .NOT AS BEDROOM PLAYMATES!

Hope I have clarified all issues huh? wink
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by gists: 9:47am On Jan 29, 2012
Hmmm

If Nigeria splits, what happens to the "foreign nationals" from "Oduduwa Republic" and "United Arewa Emirates" working in "United Soviet Niger Delta States" will they be treated as their counterparts from Europe and America? Will they be paid in USD  grin grin grin grin. The same question can be asked of those "biafran" citizens working in Oduduwa land. WIll Firstbank, MTN, Nestle and co pay them in USD afterall they are now "black expartraites" I do not subscribe to deportation from any region as the lack of competent make power wil ruin the coys.

Who owns first bank, intercontinental oceanic etc all these institutions have their HQ in Lagos though. Will  the Oduduwa Republic be willing to buy them completely?
My wife is not from my region so I'll have dual citizenship Oduduwa and "United Soviet Niger Delta States" Would it not be nice if I turn out to be a "black expartrait in an SHELL, MOBIL, ELF, CHEVRON. WOOOOWWW I can't wait.  grin grin grin grin

Very silly. Split ko divorce ni
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by emmke(m): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2012
split already. Give me my middle belt. wink
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by CyberG: 11:55am On Jan 29, 2012
Lasinoh. . .damn funny posts and yet effective. If I had more time to be here we would talk more. I guess you would have a ton of friends like me in real life! smiley
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2012
@ OP men I love the voltron analogy,people forget that Nigeria is complete and better than smaller nations arising,I bet people can see what is happening in Bayelsa between the Political class since 2010? we got better chances of survival as Nigeria because even Odua is divided,ever since the time of Awolowo and Akintola.
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by CyberG: 12:15pm On Jan 29, 2012
Gists. . .I am writing from a phone so this will be short: there WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO (strong emphasis) dual citizenship, mixed heritage, foreign ownership of a pin or centimeter of space in the prosperous lands of the SW. Being born in Lagos will count for nothing as the hatred towards the generosity and gracious Westerners has passed the peak so ALL "foreign" owned banks, properties, etc MUST be physically moved away within weeks or be destroyed. We don't want another "Nigeria" of fighting and hatred.
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Yeske2(m): 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2012
Topic makes no sense at all.
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Ufeolorun(m): 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2012
CyberG:

Gists. . .I am writing from a phone so this will be short: there WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO (strong emphasis) dual citizenship, mixed heritage, foreign ownership of a pin or centimeter of space in the prosperous lands of the SW. Being born in Lagos will count for nothing as the hatred towards the generosity and gracious Westerners has passed the peak so ALL "foreign" owned banks, properties, etc MUST be physically moved away within weeks or be destroyed. We don't want another "Nigeria" of fighting and hatred.

But we will have highly skilled migrant,point based scheme cos there will be shortage of skills now!.
If you can cook edikaikong or Nkwobi then you automatically qualify.lol!
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by gists: 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2012
CyberG:

And then what? What have we gained. All our sons and daughters working in such coys will suddenly become jobless. All the families living in houses built by foreigners will suddenly become homeless all just because of our ego. Is dia any guaranty that other regions will destroy our assets with them? I'm tempted to say the biafrans will not subscribe to this notion.

My wife will suddenly become an expartraite in Lagos even though she can count the number of times she's been to her village on her fingers (that will be nice because I'll then be her manager/agent at her new expartraite mama-put buka. I'll tell her to go for lessons in her native soup as new biz opportunity is about to show  grin grin grin grin grin). Or I'll be a black expartaite in SHELL in the Niger Delta. Ohhhh I can't wait
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by CyberG: 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2012
gists:

And then what? What have we gained. All our sons and daughters working in such coys will suddenly become jobless. All the families living in houses built by foreigners will suddenly become homeless all just because of our ego. Is dia any guaranty that other regions will destroy our assets with them? I'm tempted to say the biafrans will not subscribe to this notion.

My wife will suddenly become an expartraite in Lagos even though she can count the number of times she's been to her village on her fingers (that will be nice because I'll then be her manager/agent at her new expartraite mama-put buka. I'll tell her to go for lessons in her native soup as new biz opportunity is about to show  grin grin grin grin grin). Or I'll be a black expartaite in SHELL in the Niger Delta. Ohhhh I can't wait

Gist. . .note that I made my comments with good intentions of forestalling another "Nigeria". I am one of perhaps a few young people who have easily been to and lived in very many places in Nigeria and yes, I love everyone! SS, SE, MB, North, etc. Look at my posting history for I think I have done a decent job of trying to tone down the usual high-flying tribalism against different peoples of Nigeria but it appears people will not change or quit or just live a normal life without bigotry and tribalism. If all parts of Nigeria get again and again is insult, abuse, tribal targetism, etc; would you wish to live or have your kids live in this kind of environment? Do you know that for a cancerous patient who has to lose a body part in order to stem the spread of cancer, it is a tough decision but must be done?

While it would have been nice to have camaraderie, fellowship and brotherhood in a "New Nigeria", it is obvious some people think they have a point to prove, therefore they slag off everyone else. This cannot be acceptable and it is at the root of Nigeria's problem starting a long time before now and very germane part of what started the pogroms and war of the 1960s. Should Nigeria break, no region needs to be "politically correct" anymore - we must go the whole hog and yes, it will be tough but this is how there can be peace in the new regions. When "foreign" businesses leave, they will more than be ably replaced by other businesses run and owned by ancestral natives of the land ONLY and while people who are far remote from Nigeria may invest in the regions then and own a minority stake of a business, giving this privilege to close "Nigerians" will see "foreigners" shipped-in in large numbers creating another Nigerian problem. People will try every trick by changing their names, trying to marry a native landowner, etc and before you know it, everyone is back to square one! So, let everyone go to their real father's land and let us make it clear that we all can actually survive and it is BS for anyone to think he owns 90% of every part of Nigeria.
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Dede1(m): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
Lasinoh:

Do you think I walk around nikid? cheesy
AM I NOT COVERED? wink
This is for my cyber customers only. To help them save their marriages with their UGLY, BLACK, fat wives at home.
I don't walk around in my night-wear abi na 'dress' according to una Mgbeke First Lady from the other website you know? wink

My husband loooooooves that profile pic. grin
It gives him an extra-extra hard on!
I don't do Northerners either. . . Or Nigerians for that matter.
So Northerners can relax. Not my customers.
I just love them as neighbours. . .NOT AS BEDROOM PLAYMATES!

Hope I have clarified all issues huh? wink

What a lying scumbag. You do not "do Nigerians" but would not let any Igbo di.ck rest. So lusted for Igbo di.ck, you got one on rental bases and still would want us to believe he is your husband.  Shameless liar!!! grin grin grin
Re: Demerits Of A Broken Nigeria. . . Funny But So True. by Ojiofor: 1:35am On Jan 30, 2012
Lasino is everything a LovePeddler, she is not true,she claimed she is married to Igbo guy all na lie, she claims to love core north even though she will be beheaded in a second by boko cos of her way of life (ashi)grin.she was kicked out of NVS and never to come back again.I can see she is having swell time in nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Afam4eva: Who Owns Portharcourt? / North Set To Shoot Down New Petroleum Industry Bill / Ayetoro-gbede Community Names Road After Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.