Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? (102201 Views)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Use coconut oil, and shea butter. Mustard oil and Amla Oil is also very good for hair growth and softening hair. If you can't find

mustard oil, olive oil( The real oil in the bottle, and not the spray.) will also help

YES!! Oils are very important contrary to what most "professionals" say.
Other hair types must avoid it but black hair NEEDS proper oiling!

It doesn't matter which kind of hair oil! Could even be carrot oil! That hot oil treatment is a MUST!
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by kandiikane(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
I tried castor oil few days back after washing and it just dried out my hair.
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
kandiikane: I tried castor oil few days back after washing and it just dried out my hair.
Did you use Jamaican Black Castor oil or just regular castor oil?
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 01, 2013
Following grin
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by kandiikane(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
ItsModella:
Did you use Jamaican Black Castor oil or just regular castor oil?

Regular.
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
kandiikane:

Regular.
Try Jamaican. I used regular once and it dried my hair out but the Jamaican doesn't...
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by kandiikane(m): 12:25am On Jan 02, 2013
Ok. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by hermosa(f): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
Deep conditioning!
Try to deep condition your hair once a week!
I use Organics Olive Oil Deep Conditioner. been using it for the past 6 month now, although not frequently, but it does the trick. and also don't forget your daily dose of vitamin b-complex!!
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by chiggie(f): 6:49am On Feb 23, 2013
lepasharon: Girl,firstly stop wearing weaves in your hair,it does nothing,there are many other protective hairstyles you can do.
Check on youtube the many beautiful styles you can do with ur natural hair,like bantu knot twist-out,braids

Use Castor oil to be moisturising ur hair as castor oil promotes hair growth and its got healing properties. Moisturise especially the edges.
u cnt tell her nt to fix weaves. I'v gt natural hair nd i'm in the uni.. With all d wahala i go tru evryday in school, when i dnt hv time 4 my hair, weaves nd kinky braids r my only options. They protect my hair nd grow them out.. My advice is to clean ur scalp weekly with an astringent wen in weaves n use a good leave in conditioner evry 2 days. Deep condition b4 and afta u fix em.. Check out 4 split. They make ur hair seem like it isnt growing.. Good luck
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by hermosa(f): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2013
DEEP CONDITION with a moisturizing deep conditioner once a week
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by tiebe: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2013
lepasharon: Girl,firstly stop wearing weaves in your hair,it does nothing,there are many other protective hairstyles you can do.
Check on youtube the many beautiful styles you can do with ur natural hair,like bantu knot twist-out,braids

Use Castor oil to be moisturising ur hair as castor oil promotes hair growth and its got healing properties. Moisturise especially the edges.

not sure that a bantu twist out is a protective style o. and weaves/ weaveon is a good way to protect ur hair as well.
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by Imsovain(f): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
To prevent breakage, I never comb my hair when it's dry but instead spray it with 1/3 conditioner 2/3 water combined on a spray bottle from the beauty supply store before combing.
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by nudesigntech: 1:40am On Jan 08, 2014
My sister and I started going natural with argan oil a few months ago and we are getting results. If properly managed with the right brands I don't think there should be much frustration about going natural hair. We read from this link http://www.naturalhairoil.co.uk/gold-to-natural-hair#.UsydQ3l2ckl
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by ovalrose(f): 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
1) First of all, make sure you cut your ends each time you see split ends! That is a must!!

Because when it comes to our hair, split ends are the biggest culprit in stunting our hair growth next to weaves and heavy gel usage. Once the ends are cut evenly, and desplittenized tongue grin your hair will be able to "breathe" and will behave like a plant. The healthier the ends and the root, the better it will look and grow.

2) Second, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS...

Keep it conditioned and moisturized!!

Always.

Wash your hair once to twice a week (don't over do it though!!!) and deep condition it every time. You can use special deep conditioners such as Dr. Miracle's "feel it formula deep conditioner" packs or even any brand of Hair Mayonnaise...or you could use regular conditioners but keep it in for 15 minutes to an hour.

I usually mix eggs (yes! - raw eggs) to my conditioners. This is so my hair will get the protein it needs. With the mix STILL IN MY HAIR, I wrap my hair in plastic bag and keep it in there for an hour. Then, I wash it out with luke warm water so that it won't cook the egg grin.

[size=18pt]OR![/size] if you choose not to do the above you can do a hot oil treatment. This is when you use natural hair oil, place the bottle in hot water for a few minutes, and then apply the oil to your scalp and ends. You cover your oily hair in a plastic bag and keep it in there for 15 - 30 minutes. THEN you can rinse your hair of the oils.

3) After either method while your hair is still wet, apply LIGHT natural oils to your ends and your scalp. This acts as a "sealant" keeping the conditioners "locked" in your hair.

If you choose to dry it immediately instead of applying the "sealant", you can grease your scalp which is simply sectioning your hair and rubbing hair grease - some with nutrients in it like "Hair Food" or "Indian Hemp Kuza" brand- into your scalp parts).

4) ONCE YOUR HAIR IS FULLY DRY!:

You can use GENEROUS AMOUNTS moisturizing creams such as Pantene's "Relaxed & Natural Daily oil cream Moisturizer For Women of Color" - my personal favorite - or "Blue Magic Leave In Conditioner" (any moisturizer regardless of brand really) and massage it into and around your hair being sure to also apply some in your ends.

5) After that you can leave your hair as it is - if natural. Or you can straighten it Or style it smiley....

but be sure every night that you WRAP YOUR HAIR...i repeat EVERY NIGHT!...WITH A SILK SCARF! This promotes retaining the oils and moisturizers and prevent your hair from breaking out due to friction as many of us tend to toss and turn while sleeping. smiley smiley

this is exactly what i need. i was dismayed when i loosened the weave i ve had on for near 3 weeks now and after combing my natural hair it was nearly half the length it used to be. i shall try this. thanks for the tips.
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by Janeify(f): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
kemmeye:

lol not like the original one lol i mean leave in conditioners that have shea butter in them. lol ure funny cheesy
the original ones dont stink to.i use it and i like it cos it adapts to different temperature,it is oily in hot weather n normal in cold weather
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by hairbraiding: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2014
Its great to go all natural.

Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by johananrock: 11:17am On Aug 28, 2014
Try the Facebook page of " natural hair babes." It's for ladies who are interested in keeping their natural hair
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by meetmal03(f): 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by Bimiafashion(f): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2015
lolaluv1:
Thank you, ladies! cheesy
Infact, I had lost all hope and was planning on perming when I remove my current weave! I'll try your tips and see what happens!!
Use DAX. It is a hair care product. It will soften the hair and the breaking will also stop.
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by teetee2(f): 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hello ladies, pls how can I grow my front hair quickly. Thanks
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by slyowokoya(f): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
teetee2:
Hello ladies, pls how can I grow my front hair quickly. Thanks

I don't know any quick fix...but, you just leave your front alone. Don't put any stress tension on it. I would fight my hair dressers if they even touched my edges. It took me 3yrs to grow them back.
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by AmNuhRegular(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
Can this thread be brought back to life. Some of us need up to date info
Re: How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? by ara18: 9:53am On Jul 05, 2019
seconded !!!
I just had d big chop, I need updates on how to grow and maintain my hair

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman With The Longest Hair(pictures) / Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials / Dear Wives See How To Keep Your Vagina Clean And Tight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.