Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Your Advice (946 Views)

Your Advice: Lecturing Or Banking Job. / Nigerian Graduates In The Uk:pls,i Need Your Advice -should I Go Back To The Uk? / Nnpc- I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by hoagokuns: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2007
I AM PRESENTLY WORKING IN A BANK AS A JUNIOUR STAFF, NOW I HAVE THE OPPOURTUNITY TO SERVE AS A CORP NEXT YEAR 2008, AS I CO-LANDER WHAT DO YOU ADVICE I DO WITH MY PRESENT JOB? SHOULD I FORGO THE JOB AND FACE MY SERVICE, OR DO I FORGO THE SERVICE AND CONTINUE WORKING, OR DO BOTH? AND IF I WILL DO BOTH HOW DO YOU ADVICE I GO ABOUT IT.

THANKS. smiley
Re: I Need Your Advice by iykrion(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2007
You can serve in your place of work. Don't you employ corps members? If you leave your work, you might not get it back, unless you have an agreement with your employer.

Think about it.
Re: I Need Your Advice by hoagokuns: 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2007
yes brother, but my bank does not aquire HND corp members, and i did HND Computer Science with Uper creidit. From a reputable polythenic (Private).

More Advice Pls.
Re: I Need Your Advice by iykrion(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2007
Sounds very unfortunate, without the NYSC discharge cert. it will be practically impossible for you to work in any good corporate organistion here in Naija.

Why don't you talk it over with your employer? Perhaps they might see reasons with you to come back after your service year.

Another way is applying for exemption cert. from the NYSC, that is if you don't want to compromise your present job.
Good luck
Re: I Need Your Advice by hoagokuns: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2007
thanks, pls do u know any bank where i can be accepted to serve as a corper?
Re: I Need Your Advice by awa(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2007
Hoagokuns,

This is no shortcut here. My dear you have to go and serve your fatherland if you are still within the age bracket for Youth service. Otherwise, wait and collect your Exemption Certificate. If the work at your present company is meant for you, then after NYSC you can still come back to romance for the job. One thing you need to understand is that our attitude of not-letting go of what we think we have presently often denies us better prospects.

I stand to be challenged that where you are now might not be the best place meant for you. You studied a nice course and with the wonderful grade you claimed to have, I am certain that there are brighter prospects for you after service. Don't feel so comfortable working there as a Yes-Sir boy.

May the good God that knoweth the way guide and direct you accordingly. All the best as you look up to God the Author and Finisher of your faith.
Re: I Need Your Advice by hoagokuns: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2007
God bless you awa, pls take it has a point of duty to pray with me has i take a crucial decision that will either move me up or down.

I need more pple to advice me,

What is your opinion? Post ur opinion.
Re: I Need Your Advice by kofipae(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2007
my brother the advice i can give is that you go ur service.it is vital.because as long u r in this country that certificate serves as a vital requirement to procure a job.you can discuss it with your employer.don't allow ur insecurity dictate career.you can make it ,finding another job.God is always on your side.hold on
Re: I Need Your Advice by akumbu: 11:15am On Oct 30, 2007
@poster,
why are you holding onto the bank job as if it is the best thing that can happen to you. you are a computer science graduate depending on bank for career advancement, my brother you really don't know where your expertise are needed.
why must you look for a bank for your NYSC? that shows u are just desperate to remain where you are.
If you don't want to leave the bank then forget service and grow your career there in the bank, get the exemption letter after 2yrs.
as for me, i think the NYSC is a waste of one whole year, forget about it and think of your future which you have chosen to develop in the banking field.
Best of Luck.
Re: I Need Your Advice by olufikemi: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2007
man, u had beta forget that service of a tin. you can take a 3week break from your bank and attend the camping, talk it over with the nysc officials and after one year go and get your certy. It is simple, there is no work out there. I toiled even with ACA and Eco. it wasnt easy. BE WISEEEEEEEEE O.
Re: I Need Your Advice by hoagokuns: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2007
please how can i do it that i be posted to lagos, please i need advice on this now.
Re: I Need Your Advice by alineh(f): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2007
my dear,thank Baba for u.wot i know is dat,either u get exemption,or u talk am to ur employer so dat they can request for ur redeployment,(that is if they love ur services very much sha),after ur orientation.Try ok,na God go grant u favor in d sight of men,that is if u know who u are.I pray for u
Re: I Need Your Advice by bob2039: 9:16am On Nov 03, 2007
If you are bent on working in a bank,banks like acess and fib do take youth corper.bt guy what actualy do u want.i can c u are tawking abt posting to Lagos,.wel juz comit your plans to God nt to man or location.
Re: I Need Your Advice by hoagokuns: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hope u ve not forgotten this topic, i still need ur opinion if any.
Re: I Need Your Advice by hoagokuns: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2007
Any information corcerning this discussion, somebody should add his or her own voice to this. Pls you can send ur CV's to zenith human resource office in hardcopy or to their email. I was just re-informed that they re accepting for experence staff.

(1) (Reply)

Accountants Needed Urgently! / Today Is My Birthday / Latest Info On U-connect Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.