Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (33522 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Zone: Formula One Racing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 9:28am On Apr 15, 2012
Tyre wear beginning to kick in. Should make for some interesting final few laps.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2012
Lewis has done it!!!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Apr 15, 2012
WOW!!! Weber done his team mate Vet!!!!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2012
I'm happy for Rosberg, this makes the whole thing interesting this season.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2012
I felt Mercedes would win, just got the winning driver wrong. Well done Rosberg. I hope Mercedes can keep up the performance and guarantee us more exciting races.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 10:19am On Apr 15, 2012
What a great race that was! Wow!
Welldone to Rosberg for having a boring time up front! Lol!

It was interesting to see how the two stoppers performed (Vettel and Raikonnen); it worked out for Vettel, but went really sadly for Kimi (14th).

Lewis (Mr 3rd) came third and Webber (Mr 4th) came 4th. A hat trick of the same position this season for both guys.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 10:22am On Apr 15, 2012
The drivers championship this year is going to be very tricky. Any DNF's will be very costly indeed.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2012
Why did they shorten the DRS zone?
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by aieromon(m): 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
Yet another poor display from Vettel.
Congrats Hamilton.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
^^ Haba, he went from 11th at the start to 5th. Had the race been one lap shorter, he would have made the podium.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by hercules07: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
What is wrong with my Ferrari now, does anybody have a danfo to loan us?
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by antartica(m): 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2012
Hamilton is himself this season.I can see him going places this season.And his car seem in place,unlike last season.

He was under serious heat last season.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by k9ine1: 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2012
SO, BEAF LIKES F-1, U DON BE MY FRIEND BE DAT.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by mikkyphp(m): 8:25am On Apr 16, 2012
congrats to Roseberg on his maiden F1 Pole and Victory. McLaren boys are just great!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by FBS: 9:48am On Apr 16, 2012
Delighted Nico bagged his first win.
LH leads the table. Great! smiley
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2012
Poor Alonso is trying to drive that car with plenty of caution in chinese GP..its the not the 1st time..but its true they ferrari is still stratching their heads over the strange F2012 car racing behaviour..i think they built the car for fast striaght line speeds..but not in traffic..ferrari got to FIX this slow speed matter and fast!..they are fast in stright line track like spa or italian Gp which they will always use a new engine!..

Alonso you should have stayed at Mclaren and fight Lewis on equal terms instead of running off to a Ferrari which is now a midfield team. poor vision should of sticked with uncle Ron
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
^^ man, give Ferrari some time and eventually when the car is back in top shape, he will surprise us all. it is hard to see alonso being outperformed by the likes of Maldonado, Perez etc but we can clearly see that the man has the skill/heart of a champ, performing extra well, always finishing in the points and NEVER giving up (unlike Massa)

as for this year championship, there is NO WAY Vettel is going to win a third time, his "luck" clearly ran out, and we can see that he aint got the driving SKILLS that most great drivers normally have. i still believe Alonso or Raikkonen can win this year (if they can fix their cars trouble in due time).

as for JB, i guess the baba Gods of hell fire didnt hear my prayers, lol!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by mikkyphp(m): 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2012
I think in all fairness we should not write vettel off. He is still very young and it certainly takes time to build character. He is a talented driver and i personally think he should keep his head down and just try to make the car work for him. Thats where i respect alonso because even when the car isnt performing,he finds a way to make the car work at certain circuits and achieve some podium finishes.we saw that when he was in renault back in 09, and even last year when the car was rubbish. He shouldnwork closely with the team and give them relevant feedback.
Maybe redbull should copy the DDRS of the mercedes car dat stalls the front wing when DRS is enabled so that they can have respectable Q3 times. Adrian Newey please do something! I deeply respect your genius!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
^
Vettel was flattered by his car for two seasons. This is his real test and so far he is failing really badly.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 17, 2012
^^^what you wrote is called "sugarcoating" bro, the man is failing MISERABLY.........for a two time champion!!!! the only thing that keeps him up at the top, is the fact that he has a fast car. skills wise, so far he has shown to be a RIPOFF!

**** MBJ dreams of what the likes of Alonso/Raikkonen would have done with such a fast car****
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by mikkyphp(m): 8:47am On Apr 17, 2012
^^^Haba MBJ, with such a fast car in 2011, vettel had 17 podium finishes, 15 pole, 11 wins out of 19 races. What would Alonso/Raikkonen have been able to do better than this?
Fact, For you to qualify as an F1 driver (barring those that got a drive due to their sponsorship backing), you must be very good. what separates these drivers in F1 is the Car and the quality of the Team. Where did all the aggressive/daring driving get HAM last year?
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^

as for this year championship, there is NO WAY Vettel is going to win a third time, his "luck" clearly ran out, !

Look we would soon be heading towards the European circuit where Straight line speeds becomes irrelevants but down force through corners would be very essential, Adrian Newey would be concentrating on developing the car Webber drove in China. apart from Monza and Spa where straight line speed is essential, downforce and high speed corners would play a major role. dont write off Vettel yet!!! That could easily bring back Alonso as well but with the donkey of a car that he is driving?
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf: ^
Vettel was flattered by his car for two seasons. This is his real test and so far he is failing really badly.

The problem here is that only Vettel could drive the RB7 to victory because it suites his driving style, he is the only one who drives through corners at very high speed thats why he is always able to beat the 1 minute DRS gap even at Spain last year when his Kers wasnt working was still able to pull away from the rest
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
^^^Why are you explaining? Don't you know Vettel is useless. Its all the car no skill in him what so ever, in fact I am sure someone else was driving by remote for him when he was winning WDCs.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by mikkyphp(m): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
@omar22, you meant to say 1second gap.
@montelic, na wa o, e be like you dislike the 24year old german well well.. grin cool
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
mikkyphp: @omar22, you meant to say 1second gap.
@montelic, na wa o, e be like you dislike the 24year old german well well.. grin cool

Sorry I did meant 1 second gap
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
mikkyphp: ^^^Haba MBJ, with such a fast car in 2011, vettel had 17 podium finishes, 15 pole, 11 wins out of 19 races. What would Alonso/Raikkonen have been able to do better than this?
Fact, For you to qualify as an F1 driver (barring those that got a drive due to their sponsorship backing), you must be very good. what separates these drivers in F1 is the Car and the quality of the Team. Where did all the aggressive/daring driving get HAM last year?

bro, what you wrote clearly shows us that all the podium/poles etc that Vettel had, it was ALL down to the car. if it wasnt then he would reproduce some of it now. just look at what Alonso is doing in a poor car this yr to understand that driving skills are a BIG part of the equation(take it away and you just have a great car). most, if not all drivers out there can win in a great car, so imagine if that fast car is driven by a TALENTED driver like Alonso/Ham(instead of Vettel).

i mean, Vettel started biatching on the radio from the 6th lap simply because he was down in 15th, wtf?! he has never fought for a victory, all he did in the past was cruising from front row to finish. NOW is the time to show us all that he's got it, and sadly he cant!

he got lucky this weekend, again, and we all saw how his teammate cruised pass him in the finale laps.

i am not Ham #1 fan, but i have to recognize that he is one of the best driver out there, when he gets his act together.

@Omar22
remember, everyone will be getting upgrades, not just RBR, lol!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
bro, what you wrote clearly shows us that all the podium/poles etc that Vettel had, it was ALL down to the car. if it wasnt then he would reproduce some of it now. just look at what Alonso is doing in a poor car this yr to understand that driving skills are a BIG part of the equation(take it away and you just have a great car). most, if not all drivers out there can win in a great car, so imagine if that fast car is driven by a TALENTED driver like Alonso/Ham(instead of Vettel).

i mean, Vettel started biatching on the radio from the 6th lap simply because he was down in 15th, wtf?! he has never fought for a victory, all he did in the past was cruising from front row to finish. NOW is the time to show us all that he's got it, and sadly he cant!

he got lucky this weekend, again, and we all saw how his teammate cruised pass him in the finale laps.

i am not Ham #1 fan, but i have to recognize that he is one of the best driver out there, when he gets his act together.

@Omar22
remember, everyone will be getting upgrades, not just RBR, lol!

My argument here is that the RB6 (2010 car) suited Mark Webbers style of driving and on the last day Vettel snatched the title but RB7 (2011 car) with the EBD was designed specifically to suite Vettel's driving style. yes everyone wold get an upgrade here and there (probably copy the W-duct from Mercedes but RBR would developing on how to force the car to stick to the race track.... I know their was a big grin on Webbers face when he past Vettel another lap Vettel would have fall away like Kimi.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
omar22:

The problem here is that only Vettel could drive the RB7 to victory because it suites his driving style, he is the only one who drives through corners at very high speed thats why he is always able to beat the 1 minute DRS gap even at Spain last year when his Kers wasnt working was still able to pull away from the rest

This is precisely why I say he was flattered. A great driver should have a natural feel for any car he is put in. All through Webbers F1 history, he has been something of a crash prone journeyman, yet he has always been a real threat to Vettel.

Vettel is like Jensen, they both fall to pieces when the car is not in their sweetspot.
Take a look at the likes of Lewis and Alonso; both guys are bad kids who will drive anything damn fast, so far it has wheels. They have been consistently fast, for Lewis it is even more apt; he came to F1 with a very unusual style that sure him drifting sideways into corners and wagging the backend of the car. That was a style that only suited to the old F1 where tyres didn't matter much; however, when changes were made with tyres, dude was still fast; next came the blown diffuser (Vettels love), dude was still fast; blown diffusers are now off, dude is still fast.
The same goes for Alonso.

This is Vettels year to prove if he is in their calibre or was just helped by a car that at one point was 2 seconds faster than the fastest of the rest. Even Massa would have won the WDC driving that car.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
This is Vettels year to prove if he is in their calibre or was just helped by a car that at one point was 2 seconds faster than the fastest of the rest. Even Massa would have won the WDC driving that car.

I agree with all your point up till when you said anyone would win driving the RB7... Its car that hasnt got a great stright line speed but could fly through corners like a tomahawk and not may drivers drives so fast into corners like Vettel and this includes Alonso or Lewis. look how webber struggled in the same car last season.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2012
omar22:

I agree with all your point up till when you said anyone would win driving the RB7... Its car that hasnt got a great stright line speed but could fly through corners like a tomahawk and not may drivers drives so fast into corners like Vettel and this includes Alonso or Lewis. look how webber struggled in the same car last season.

No. Lewis is the latest braker into corners, it is almost certain he would have been faster than Vettel in the RB7. The same goes for Alonso who only had a poor mans version of diffuser in both seasons, yet almost snatched the WDC from Vettel in one.

As for Webber, it just proves that both Red Bull drivers have strong limitations, they both seem to find difficulty adjusting to new driving demands.
Tellingly, outside of Red Bull, Webber has been bested by his team mates (except once he did better than Coulthard - a fellow journeyman). If I recall rightly too, Vettels team mate was Takuma Sato (dude who could crash while driving in a straight line grin), so we are yet to see the real Vettel against a class driver.

Perhaps, Vettel would find ways to adapt and excel, we just don't know. In the right circumstances, he can be fast, so maybe he will find a new gear. Lets see.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2012
Beaf:

No. Lewis is the latest braker into corners, it is almost certain he would have been faster than Vettel in the RB7. The same goes for Alonso who only had a poor mans version of diffuser in both seasons, yet almost snatched the WDC from Vettel in one.

As for Webber, it just proves that both Red Bull drivers have strong limitations, they both seem to find difficulty adjusting to new driving demands.
Tellingly, outside of Red Bull, Webber has been bested by his team mates (except once he did better than Coulthard - a fellow journeyman). If I recall rightly too, Vettels team mate was Takuma Sato (dude who could crash while driving in a straight line grin), so we are yet to see the real Vettel against a class driver.

Perhaps, Vettel would find ways to adapt and excel, we just don't know. In the right circumstances, he can be fast, so maybe he will find a new gear. Lets see.

Alonso's F10 got better as the season got on in 2010 and the RB6 suited Webber's driving style when you look at the amount of crashes Vettel had that season. Vettel sticks to the perfect driving line, Lewis glides into corners actualy Lewis drives as if he is driving a go-kart. And yes Lewis brakes late but its far from going through a corner more than normal speed. Thats why Newey created the RB7 which has less top speed but the down force is scary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Poland Refuse To Play Russia In 2022 World Cup Playoff Game / Iheanacho, Musa, Iwobi And Others Pay Respect To Carl Ikeme / Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.