Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (33463 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Zone: Formula One Racing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2012
montelik: this is beef. did he buy p1, did he get it on the roll of a dice, or did he not outqualify the others to start on pole. so winning from p1 is easy abi. then we shouldn't bother with race anymore, just award the winner in qualifying. do you score extra points for winning from the back.

bro i am just pointing out that Vettel can ONLY win in such situation, and therefore having a fast car is his only skill, so far.

also i didn't realise there are new rules that mean only red bull are allowed to try new upgrades. i am sure they are the only ones trying to make the car better, God knows Ferrari aren't trying upgrades.

bro, kudos to the RBR engineer to that, they are on point handing Vettel a fast car. we've all seen how bitchy he became when he was looking at people exhaust pipes.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2012
omar22:

He bottled it and poor team order

the guy finished on the podium, give him some credit.
they have no team order at Lotus, so far. yeah Grosjean should have let Kimi pass but hey, its still only the 4th race of the season....plenty to go.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY: Vettel wins..................... oh Kimi was so close!!!!

Baba Ijebu, YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!
Ol' boy! You bera give your life to Christ.
While you were with baba Ijebu, I was on ma knee's, hot sweat spilling out of my head, prayina! Prrayina!! Prrrayina!!!... To the gooood Lord to cramp and paralyse babylon! To make baba Ijaebu swerve into the bush and never return!
Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!! Holy Ghost Fire!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

the guy finished on the podium, give him some credit.
they have no team order at Lotus, so far. yeah Grosjean should have let Kimi pass but hey, its still only the 4th race of the season....plenty to go.

@MBJ

Both Lotus drivers deserve the credit but Kimi had the chance to win the race, just like Perez in Seipang when you have the chance to win a race you dont let it go... Look at Alonso who wants to get more points from Di Resta. Sorry drivers would not let yo off the hook!

I meant they should have let Kimi go longer or come in ahead of the Red Bull driver

http://www.crash.net/f1
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 3:47pm On Apr 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:
bro, kudos to the RBR engineer to that, they are on point handing Vettel a fast car. we've all seen how bitchy he became when he was looking at people exhaust pipes.
I would have been only a matter of time before he gave another driver the physical beating of his life! grin
Or maybe waited for him in a dark hedge on a lonely road! You know the drill!! grin
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Chib4u: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2012
I have never liked Whitmarsh and last season cemented it. I really wished Lewis had a fast car and was involve in the Iceman Vettel fight ,that would have been a joy to watch. Adrain has done it again and am not surprise. Mclaren just need to sort themselves out before the boring fest called the spanish GP. So no penalty for Nico?? If that was Hamilton, he would've gotten a drive through.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by mikkyphp(m): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
Vettel is a talented driver, anyone saying otherwise is jut taking a swipe at him for subjective reasons. i'm glad the iceman is back. i secretly wished he had overtaken Grosjean ealier so he would have had a better chance on overtaking vettel.
Sriously, what is really wrong with webber? no one seems to be paying attention to his graduaal decline since finishing on a high in 2010.
Very unlucky McLaren today. Button was mising, Hamilton sensibly got into the points despite his unfortunate experience.
Who know's what's up with Robert Kubica? is he returning to formula 1? has he fully recovered?
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
mikkyphp: Vettel is a talented driver, anyone saying otherwise is jut taking a swipe at him for subjective reasons. i'm glad the iceman is back. i secretly wished he had overtaken Grosjean ealier so he would have had a better chance on overtaking vettel.
Sriously, what is really wrong with webber? no one seems to be paying attention to his graduaal decline since finishing on a high in 2010.
Very unlucky McLaren today. Button was mising, Hamilton sensibly got into the points despite his unfortunate experience.
Who know's what's up with Robert Kubica? is he returning to formula 1? has he fully recovered?
Kubica has not raced a car for more than two years now. His career is effectively over, no top team will risk him.
He might have been able to do some trials this season or even got a sit, but he went and injured himself again (breaking a leg and reopening one of his old fractures).
If he still doesn't have full movement from the injury to his right hand which was almost severerd in the accident. If he's healed by June though, Ferrari might give him a trial to replace Massa, but its a terribly long shot.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
so Rosberg is not going to get any kind of penalty for his crazy driving?!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY: so Rosberg is not going to get any kind of penalty for his crazy driving?!
His name ain't Lewis.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 4:11am On Apr 26, 2012
^^^ i have to admit that Ham's dangerous driving was very similar to what Rosberg did TWICE last weekend. if he doesnt get penalized in any way then i will certainly have to join the band wagon and say that there is some racism unfair treatment in F1.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Chib4u: 9:24am On Apr 26, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ i have to admit that Ham's dangerous driving was very similar to what Rosberg did TWICE last weekend. if he doesnt get penalized in any way then i will certainly have to join the band wagon and say that there is some racism unfair treatment in F1.

There is,especailly when u have people like David Coulthard who can't hide his resentment and hatred for Lewis, some of those ex drivers that are now stewarts are racist.
Lauda who was always on hnad to cticise Lewis has obviously refuse to say anything about Roseberg's driving.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 1:56pm On May 01, 2012
The main fact that Rosberg had 2 wheels of the track to squeeze Lewis off the track. I guess it hurts most British drivers that Lewis was only 22 or 23 when he won his title compared to Mansell who was 40 or Damon Hill who was 37 or Coultard who flopped driving 2 of the best cars.. next Nicki Lauda would add his 2 pence
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 04, 2012
Mugello testing: Ferrariā€™s Fernando Alonso was third after completing 98 laps, despite an early off which necessitated over two hours of repairs for his[b] heavily-updated F2012[/b], which was running with aero updates and revised rear bodywork and exhaust exits.

now let's hope they got their act together this time!!!!!!!

Lotus, on the other hand, look like they really mean business.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 7:00am On May 07, 2012
^
The "heavily-updated F2012" bit should be heavily de emphasised, bro. cheesy
I doubt the Mugello test counted for much. The Red Bull Boss (Horner) felt it was a waste of time, the Lotus boss felt it was a waste of money, McLaren had names like Oliver Turvey trundling around instead of Lewis and Jensen; above all, Ferrari only tested minor updates, preferring to launch the major updates in Spain instead.

Alonso: "We have decided to favour development time in the wind tunnel rather than bringing forward all the new components to this test,"
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 10:10pm On May 10, 2012
Hmmm! McLaren have sacked their erring pit crew man! Yipee!
...There are strong rumours of a new raised nose (but without a bump). embarassed

I hope the beauty of this car will not be gone in a flurry of ugly upgrades.

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 10:21pm On May 10, 2012
I found some pics of the new McLaren (she's still a looker wink):

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 12:28pm On May 11, 2012
Theirs a strong chance that Fernando Alonso might be picking his second win from what I have heard about the car he is driving
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 11:54pm On May 11, 2012
^
I want to see Kimi win this one. As for Alonso's car, I don't know how good it will be in race trim; I watched the first practise and with the way Alonso had to hack at the wheel while setting the quickest time, I doubt if that car can mainatain its rear tyres. Others with similar speeds didn't need to put in that much work. Admitedly tho, it was only the morning session and the upgrades were fresh out of the box and still being tuned.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 1:13pm On May 12, 2012
Time to see if Ferrari have made any real improvements.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 1:20pm On May 12, 2012
Interesting tyre choice by the Red Bulls.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 1:45pm On May 12, 2012
Webber and Button out in Q2. embarassed
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 1:48pm On May 12, 2012
Imagine Pastor Maldonado being fastest in Q2! Could we actually see a Williams take pole? shocked
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 2:02pm On May 12, 2012
Lewis, the only guy in the 1:21's! Wow!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 12, 2012
another great race planned for tomorrow......lets see if Ferrari got their act together. hopefully Maldonando will keep his cool and not fall apart. as for Massa, oh well, i hope he has already made plans for a career change for 2013!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 4:56pm On May 12, 2012
MRbrownJAY: another great race planned for tomorrow......lets see if Ferrari got their act together. hopefully Maldonando will keep his cool and not fall apart. as for Massa, oh well, i hope he has already made plans for a career change for 2013!

The gap between Lewis and Alonso is more than one second, so except Lewis bottles it or the new McLaren handles it tyres badly, I don't see Alonso's possibility of winning. I wager that he'll quickly overhaul Maldonado, tho.

...But Massa?! 17th?! Damn! You would think he was driving a fridge!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Chib4u: 5:19pm On May 12, 2012
Good job by Hamilton, my only concern is the useless pireli tires..I hate the fact that F1 now is all about who can manage their tires better hence someone like Button is now rated on the same par with Hamilton and Alonso.
I hope Hamilton gets a good run in in turn 1. #teamhamilton
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2012
Hamilton has been stripped of pole position and asked to start from the back of the grid

This is really harsh punishment, the team has to be blamed for not putting enough fuel.

Though Lewis can still do well, last season in Canadian GP Button started from the back of the grid after drive-through penalty and end up winning that race.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omi247(f): 7:47pm On May 12, 2012
justwise: Hamilton has been stripped of pole position and asked to start from the back of the grid

This is really harsh punishment, the team has to be blamed for not putting enough fuel.

Though Lewis can still do well, last season in Canadian GP Button started from the back of the grid after drive-through penalty and end up winning that race.

I'm so mad about this angry. I could understand dropping him down to 10th, but back of the grid is overly harsh! I'm beginning to think it is maybe time for Lewis to move on from McLaren as the incompetence just seems to be growing! ..and Whitmarsh needs to go! ugh! sad (mini rant over lol)
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 8:11pm On May 12, 2012
All of a sudden Sam Michael leaves Williams and they started performing well and he is here to screw up McLaren
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2012
omi247:

I'm so mad about this angry. I could understand dropping him down to 10th, but back of the grid is overly harsh! I'm beginning to think it is maybe time for Lewis to move on from McLaren as the incompetence just seems to be growing! ..and Whitmarsh needs to go! ugh! sad (mini rant over lol)

Couldn't agree with you more,they spoilt my wkend as i'm a massive Lewis fan, they ruined his race in Bahrain, 2 terrible pit-stops and now this, starting at the back of the grid will kill his confident but i'm sure he will come out 2moro fighting and i can see him finishing in point position .
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2012
For the first time I can agree with the Lewis fans calling for heads, even Whitmarsh's. This was a terrible error to make and a totally unnecessary one as well.

Anyway congrats to Pastor Maldonado for his maiden pole position. Hopefully he can still be P1 by turn 1 and give us an exciting opening few laps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

Norwich City Seal Promotion To The Premier League, Players Celebrate (Photos) / Blessing Okagbare Banned For 10 Years Over Doping - AIU / Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire AYC 2015 (2 - 2) On 14th March, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.