Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin (2260 Views)

Rev. Father Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) / Businesswoman Loses N97million, House, Searching For Rev Father Mbaka. / Pls OlAADEGBU And JJYOU And OTHERS,help A Sista Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by yeye4live(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
since GOD said we shud go and multiply is being a rev sista or rev father not a sin then
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Joagbaje(m): 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
Reverend whatever is human title. But if you're talking about celibacy, it's an issue of choice or conviction.

Matthew 19:12
12 For there are eunuchs who have been born incapable of marriage; and there are eunuchs who have been made so by men; and there are eunuchs who have made themselves incapable of marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let him who is able to accept this accept it.
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Dabss(m): 4:35pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^^^
well said.
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Hutchie(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2012
To add to what Joagbaje said, Paul also said the following:

1 Cor 7
1Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 3Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. 4The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 5Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. 6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. 7For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Lasinoh: 5:15am On Jan 31, 2012
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing 'reverend' about those fathers, mothers, brothers or sisters.
That is the sin right there! kiss
Even as "Eunuchs" they still ma-sturbate at night.
They phock more than you or I secretely too! cheesy
Some even multiply and divide more than you and I.
Check the fatherless/motherless babies homes.
DNA tests will convince you. . .too bad it becomes an 'unspoken' taboo!
Ask the Catholic priests and the alter boys too! kiss
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 31, 2012
To add to Hutchie, and also to request for an explanation from the house.

1 Corinth 7:18-19, Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcisation is nothing. Keeping God's commandments is what counts.

Now was Paul saying here that if you are called while you are maybe single you should remain single etc?

I understand that whether you are rev sister or father etc, what matters is keeping God's commandments not d titles.

Waiting!
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Hutchie(m): 10:36am On Jan 31, 2012
East:

To add to Hutchie, and also to request for an explanation from the house.

1 Corinth 7:18-19, Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcisation is nothing. Keeping God's commandments is what counts.

Now was Paul saying here that if you are called while you are maybe single you should remain single etc?

I understand that whether you are rev sister or father etc, what matters is keeping God's commandments not d titles.

Waiting!

East,
Absolutely not. That is not what Paul was saying at all. He was talking about literal circumcission. Circumcission is nothing because it is the circumcission of the foreskin of your heart that really matters (De 10:16, Jer 4:4, Rom 2:29). If you read the previous verses he stated clearly that if you cannot contain your passions as a single person you should marry - let everyone be according to their own calling. He himself said that he had the power to lead about a wife but he personally chose not to (1 Cor 9:5).
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2012
Hutchie:

East,
Absolutely not. That is not what Paul was saying at all. He was talking about literal circumcission. Circumcission is nothing because it is the circumcission of the foreskin of your heart that really matters (De 10:16, Jer 4:4, Rom 2:29). If you read the previous verses he stated clearly that if you cannot contain your passions as a single person you should marry - let everyone be according to their own calling. He himself said that he had the power to lead about a wife but he personally chose not to (1 Cor 9:5).

Thanks so much for enlighting@Hutchie. Remain blessed
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by yeye4live(m): 12:49am On Feb 02, 2012
Hutchie:

To add to what Joagbaje said, Paul also said the following:

1 Cor 7
1Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 3Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. 4The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 5Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. 6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. 7For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that

so a maried man torching his wife s now a sin,did u read my topic wel man?
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by LagosShia: 1:45am On Feb 02, 2012
Joagbaje:

Reverend whatever is human title. But if you're talking about celibacy, it's an issue of choice or conviction.

Matthew 19:12
12 For there are eunuchs who have been born incapable of marriage; and there are eunuchs who have been made so by men; and there are eunuchs who have made themselves incapable of marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let him who is able to accept this accept it.

and cutting one's organ is also by choice.there are those born eunuchs (impotent?),those made by men (celibacy?)and those who made themselves (mutilation?).sometime ago we saw the video of a "devout" christian cutting off his peni$ because he didnt want to sin any longer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICO1X-JEL9o

and remember Jesus is reported to have said also if any of your organs makes you sin,cut it off!
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by yeye4live(m): 7:02am On Feb 02, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i stil dont get u all, were i based my point is dat GOD said go in to this world n multiply den why wil pple cal dier self rev father n sis i am nt saying dey re stil seing d opposite sex dier in
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Hutchie(m): 11:28am On Feb 02, 2012
yeye4live:

so a maried man torching his wife s now a sin,did u read my topic wel man?

It is NOT written anywhere in scripture that a married man touching his wife is a sin. Perhaps you need to read the scripture again.

yeye4live:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i stil dont get u all, were i based my point is dat GOD said go in to this world n multiply den why wil pple cal dier self rev father n sis i am nt saying dey re stil seing d opposite sex dier in

I guess I am not sure what your point is really. Perhaps it is a sin for man to appropriate titles such as Rev Father etc to themselves because Jesus specifically instructed the Disciples and consequently the church not to seek to add titles to themselves (Matt 23:8-12). Now not everyone will procreate and produce offsprings because as we well know some women are barren and also some men may have problems which make them unable to impregnate a woman. So there are married couples in this world, though they may have the ability to have sex they cannot produce offsprings. For someone to take a vow of celibacy this should be by choice and it is NOT a sin if you choose not to marry. It is perhaps wrong for anyone to command another not to marry however if we look at these verses from 1 Tim 4:

1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

So to reiterate the point the Lord said to Adam and Eve go into the world and multiply but this is not an instruction to everyone on the planet because some people make themselves eunuchs for the gospel, others are made eunuchs of men, and some were born that way.
Re: Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin by Joagbaje(m): 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2012
Castration is not mutilation.

(1) (Reply)

Can One Woo A Lady During Ramadan / My Calculation On Why I Think America Will Be Extinct In 2012 Give A Year Or Two / Is Religion Our Main Reason For Being backward in Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.