Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Benin’s Yayi Boni Is Au’s New Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin’s Yayi Boni Is Au’s New Chairman (620 Views)

INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About / Buhari Receives H.E. Boni-Yayi, Benin Republic President In Abuja (photos) / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benin’s Yayi Boni Is Au’s New Chairman by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 31, 2012
Benin’s Yayi Boni is AU’s new chairman

Posted on Monday 30 January 2012 - 09:03
Buya Jammeh, AfricaNews reporter in Dakar, Senegal

President Yayi Boni of Benin Republic has been elected chairperson of the African Union in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa. President Yayi Boni elected Sunday at the 18th Ordinary Summit of the African Union (AU) took over the post from Equatorial Guinea's President Teodoro Obiang Nguema. He is expected to lead the continental body for a period of one year.

"I have no doubt that with your great leadership ,  you will conduct the work of our Union towards our agenda of peace and prosperity. I wish you all success in your efforts," Obiang added.

Yayi, an economist who took office six years ago in the small West African nation, said he accepted the post with humility for the "high responsibility."

"I wish to express my gratitude with respect and appreciation to the heads of state we are here for the confidence they have in my regard," Yayi said after the vote.

"We shall continue to work hand in glove to ensure that we consolidate all that we have achieved so far," he added.

‘The principle of rotation, the presidency of the Union was to return for the year 2012 in the western region, the AU stated in the press release.

http://www.africanews.com/site/Benins_Yayi_Boni_is_AUs_new_chairman/list_messages/41011
Re: Benin’s Yayi Boni Is Au’s New Chairman by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 31, 2012
So, who's telling the truth: GEJ or SR?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Begins Manhunt For Memebers That 'betrayed' Abdul Qaqa / Boko Haram: Why We Rob Banks / Criticise Kwankwaso Nom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.