Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Let Us Profess Our Faith. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Us Profess Our Faith. (1477 Views)

Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? / Is The Bible Meant To Teach Us Our Faith? / Let Us Profess Our Faith. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Profess Our Faith. by Judek2(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2012
DO YOU BELIEVE?

In one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth of all that is seen and unseen?

DO YOU BELIEVE?
In one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation, He came down from heaven; by the power of the Holy Spirit He was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day He rose in fulfillment of the Scriptures;

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.

Do You believe?

In the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son He is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets of Old and bears witness of the Father and Son.
Re: Let Us Profess Our Faith. by plaetton: 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2012
It has been my understanding that faith rooted in understanding does not need to be proffessed. It does not need any sort of external validity.
Knowledge based faith is usually  humble, quite and even slient. That is where it draws its strenght.

The heart of man is tricky and devious. Professed faith is usaully a cover for either  ignorance, fear and confusion or impurities of the heart and mind.   or a combination of all.
Professed faith, in my observation ,is a lack of the very faith being proffessed. For example, if you build a temple of god in your heart, you do not need to jump from one church to another seeking god, blessings and miracles. If every christian builds a temple of christ in their hearts, their would be no need for 20,000 churches in the city of lagos alone.
People have to profess their faith outweardly because they are deeply afraid to look inwardlly at their hearts. 
Proffessed faith is inversely proportional to knowledge -based faith.

Abundance of proffesed faith is therefore an accurate baromer of spiritual degeneration and confusion.
Re: Let Us Profess Our Faith. by Judek2(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2012
plaetton:

It has been my understanding that faith rooted in understanding does not need to be proffessed. It does not need any sort of external validity.
Knowledge based faith is usually  humble, quite and even slient.
That is where it draws its strenght.

The need for professing ones faith is mainly centered on its spiritual impact on the person.
A strong faith does not need to be silent,yes humbleness and gentleness is needed. But it wont be silent.
Out Of The Abundance of The Heart Speakest The Mouth.
A silent Faith doesnt make much impression.
Professing of faith needs sincerety and truth, and attracts a deep question to the person "Do you realy beleive with all your heart in what you are professing?" The answer then lyes within you.

The heart of man is tricky and devious. Professed faith is usaully a cover for either  ignorance, fear and confusion or impurities of the heart and mind.   or a combination of all.
Professed faith, in my observation ,is a lack of the very faith being proffessed. For example, if you build a temple of god in your heart, you do not need to jump from one church to another seeking god, blessings and miracles. If every christian builds a temple of christ in their hearts, their would be no need for 20,000 churches in the city of lagos alone.
People have to profess their faith outweardly because they are deeply afraid to look inwardlly at their hearts. 
Proffessed faith is inversely proportional to knowledge -based faith.

That depends on the person professing it.
I think professing of faith attributes to declearation of faith.
An unprofessed faith could be biased.
Faith decleared openly is undoubtably a sure faith,that is meant to tell people what you believe,and in turn attracts questions,making you a teacher which can make a great impact on the audience and thus strenghtening your faith.

Abundance of proffesed faith is therefore an accurate baromer of spiritual degeneration and confusion.

Let me tell you one reason why faith should be professed.

Either professed individually or together, it is just a good way to learn theology. Our professions usually state the fundamentals of Christian belief in very frank, straight- orward way that is easy to understand and easy to learn. This is beneficial training for everyone, whether you are a non-Christian trying to learn more about the faith or whether you are believing and following Jesus.
We all need to be shaped in our theology, and professing our faith together is one means of accomplishing that goal.
Re: Let Us Profess Our Faith. by plaetton: 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2012
And lest i forget, in a multicultral and multi-religious society, professing ones's faith is usually the cornerstone for much hatred, bigotry, divisiveness and conflict. History attests to that, and Nigeria is a modern day example.
Re: Let Us Profess Our Faith. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2012
There is no need for Faith, but if you have faith good for you. If it works for you, good for you.
But Reason supersedes Faith. Reason keeps you sane, Reason makes you free and Reason unlocks you from the chains of bondage and mind control.
Re: Let Us Profess Our Faith. by Judek2(m): 7:20am On Feb 01, 2012
plaetton:

And lest i forget, in a multicultral and multi-religious society, professing ones's faith is usually the cornerstone     for much hatred, bigotry, divisiveness and conflict. History attests to that, and Nigeria is a modern day example.

"Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 10:32-33

The ealy Christians and appostles were Percecuted because of their faith. If they hadnt professed,they would have lived normally like other citizens,and enjoy the rights of a citizen. But they strived irrespective of their tribulations.
They denied even themselves for their faith.

"Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
35) For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.

36) For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."
[Mark 8:34-38]
Re: Let Us Profess Our Faith. by Judek2(m): 8:05am On Feb 01, 2012
diluminati:

There is no need for Faith, but if you have faith good for you. If it works for you, good for you.
But Reason supersedes Faith. Reason keeps you sane, Reason makes you free and Reason unlocks you from the chains of bondage and mind control.

Faith is the pillar that supports belief.
Without faith, you cant believe in something. And because you have a strong faith,that makes you believe.

In our spiritual life, faith plays a greater role. Reason has no stand,base or justification.
Faith supersedes everything because Faith is the reason why you believe in something.

Your essence of Reason could be voted,if outside spiritual growth. And man desides to live randomly just like lesser Animals.
Re: Let Us Profess Our Faith. by plaetton: 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2012
@judek:

In other words, you are more comfortable in a conflict riddled and tension filled country like Nigeria where everyone earnestly professes and wear their faiths, or , a country like Sweden, where no one  professes and wear  thier faith.??
So I would guess, by your calculations, the Swedes, for daring not to profess their faiths or having none whatsoever, they have forfeited spiritual redemtion and the boon of eternal life.
Re: Let Us Profess Our Faith. by Judek2(m): 6:57am On Feb 02, 2012
In any part of the word, Christians Professes their faith.

The conflict in Nigeria is based on Power of Faith domination,which is simply ignorance and foolishness. Sweden is more a developed country than Nigeria. They can co-exist without much hatered and interference.

Just like USA which accepts any type of religion whatsoever,and people are just free.

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Someone a christian? / How To Know If You Are A Christian Bigot / GAY (xtians) Put-off Your Unnatural/deceitfull Lust And Be-born AGAIN, Only WAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.