Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

A Big Mistake In An Approval Memo! Help! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Big Mistake In An Approval Memo! Help! (573 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / Nnamdi Kanu Made A Big Mistake. / At Last! Thank Goodness Singer 9ice Has Finally Corrected His Very BIG Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Big Mistake In An Approval Memo! Help! by geeez: 11:44am On Jan 31, 2012
I did a memo for approval for several vendors' payment this year totalling N835m. My line manager reviewed the memo and then a GM, who is my Divisonal Head. The memo was presented to the management committtee and thereafter approved.

Recently in the course of work, I noticed I included a contract which was not supposed to be executed this year in the budget. I actually removed the cost of engaging a part of the vendor's services but I erroneously included the cost of servicing the vendor. This means the entire budget was higher than it should have been by 180k. May look small but if its spotted in an audit I don't know what might happen. I've been so worried looking and I dont want to raise it now as appraisal month in March.

Any suggestions? Anyone who has had a similar issue? I currently work in one of the big 3 banks.
Re: A Big Mistake In An Approval Memo! Help! by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 31, 2012
Just go discreetly to the appropriate person,no one is above mistakes. May even overlook it,giving you a strong case if it ever comes up.
Re: A Big Mistake In An Approval Memo! Help! by efisher(m): 11:57am On Jan 31, 2012
Speak to your line manager. But have a solution ready for him e.g. A budget review which will put things in the right perspective. Everyone makes mistakes.
Re: A Big Mistake In An Approval Memo! Help! by russellino: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2012
Go to ur supervisor unless he or she is a snitch.if there hasn't been a disbursement yet it can be noted and steps will be taken to rectify it. Na small tin, highest u may be yabbed
Re: A Big Mistake In An Approval Memo! Help! by geeez: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2012
Thanks guys
Re: A Big Mistake In An Approval Memo! Help! by Pukkah: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2012
This is not a major issue especially as you were the one that spotted it. Besides, this is a budget and not the actual disbursement or release of funds.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Protests Memorial: Gani’s Wife, Son, 18 Activists Arrested. / 500 Billion Naira Is Siphoned By Contractors In Fct- Smart Adeyemi / Police Dismiss Zakari Biu (fmr. Commissioner) Over Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.