Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,395 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science (6592 Views)

A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) / How To Study In Europe With Free Tuition Fees For Masters Degree / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2012
Can any(credible, and knows what they're saying)body give me a comprehensive list of countries - apart from the US - with great IT presence in which a 4.83 CS graduate could do his Masters? And possibly emmigrate to, since our dear government couldn't tell the value of degree-holding code ninja if it rode them bare-back screaming 'Yee-haw' in Yiddish. Thank you.
Btw I'm thinking Canada.
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:44am On Feb 02, 2012
Canada is a gr8 country even in terms of of IT. Uni of toronto is the highest rated for CS followed by UBC.
And canada has relatively cheaper fees for its masters program.
Immigration laws there are also 'friendlier'
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2012
@adewaleafolabi U of T is not the least expensive though.
C'mon guys. You've been viewing. Contribute.
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by prodam(m): 1:03am On Feb 04, 2012
interesting topic, me too I need to know about this,
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by ektbear: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2012
Rather than making this list by country, shouldn't you simply make a list of universities to apply to that are also in good countries (where by good, I mean according to this particular criterion you have chosen)?

I dunno, looking at things at the country level, not sure how helpful that will be.
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2012
I'm interested in Canada 'cause they've got RIM and Accenture, and other firms that I'm interested in. Now I'm asking you, knowledgeable readers, to list other countries that have great IT footprint, in which one can get a job after his Masters program. Apart from the US.
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by delomos(m): 5:29am On Feb 05, 2012
SimonAndal:

Can any(credible, and knows what they're saying)body give me a comprehensive list of countries - apart from the US - with great IT presence in which a 4.83 CS graduate could do his Masters? And possibly emmigrate to, since our dear government couldn't tell the value of degree-holding code ninja if it rode them bare-back screaming 'Yee-haw' in Yiddish. Thank you.
Btw I'm thinking Canada.

What branch of CS are you hoping to concentrate on?
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2012
Crypto, or maybe AI.
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by delomos(m): 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2012
SimonAndal:

Crypto, or maybe AI.
In order of sweetness: Israel, China, or Philippines

I know you said no US, but if you really can knock it -- MIT's or UCLA's AI can be beat. But generally, you can get to a top-notch in Israel and exchange classes in those.
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by Charleebro(m): 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2012
I've heard super reviews about Finland.They generally have like the best educational system in the world and I should think their Computer programs are topnotch and that's where the Nokia headquarters is.There's a language problem tho.
Re: Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 11, 2012
. . .

(1) (Reply)

You Are Interested In Solved Past Waec & Jamb Question Papers? / 10 Most Heavily Guarded And Secured Locations On Earth / Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.