Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 (1079 Views)

Kaduna Refinery Begins Daily Supply Of 3.2 Million Litres Of Petrol / Bring Back Our Girls Is 494 Days Today / 494 Illegal Schools Discovered In Ebonyi State - Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 by luvola(m): 12:07am On Feb 02, 2012
a friend of mine calculated his
cgpa as 3.494 and final result
profile for we graduating
student will be release within the
next few dayz.he is in a state of
dillema because he thinks his
final cgpa may be peg at 3.49
where as 2nd class upper grade
start from 3.5-4.49. What should
we do ? advice peeps
Re: Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 by onomeasike: 12:43am On Feb 02, 2012
I came close to having this experience but I recall doing two things
1.I ensured I worked hard enough to be beyond the borderline before my final year and final semester

2.In my final semester,the worst happened,a practical manual I thought had been graded and recorded for me was not!I was given zero out of 70% the manual accounts for!another course I had passed in part 3 suddenly "changed" from a 'C' to a big fat 'F' shocked.In one fell swoop,I 'earned' two fat 'Fs',I suddenly found myself on the brink.I prayed so hard but thank God even with the 2 sudden 'Fs',I still made 2.1. and eventually graduated and got inducted into my professional body after taking my resit. I think,if he does not make it,I think he is partly to blame,he did not start working for a 2.1 early enough.Besides,when he goes for his post-graduate,possibly,in a better school than LASU,his transcript stating his cgpa 3.49 will show he is not really a weak student.Most,importantly,much,after school depends on his proficiency and resourcefulness and loads of divine goodluck without jonathan
Re: Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 by luvola(m): 1:23am On Feb 02, 2012
@ onome - thanks for the advice u gave,but cant they round it up to 3.5 ? Final profile will be out soon and we are praying for divine intervention.
Re: Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 by Ozegbe(m): 7:18am On Feb 02, 2012
depending on the school, if its uniben am sure it wont work because i got 4.48 and wasnt giving first class.
Re: Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 by FindOut(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2012
Lol. I graduated from LASU sciences last year with a CGPA of 3.48, even when i calculated 3.50. My HOD refused to allow me see the final computation of the results after we had made corrections. But hey, i've moved on, didnt really feel so bad sef for the simple reason that nothing will stop me from applying for any job that specifically states 2 :1 as d miminum requirement. & I firmly believe my future cannot & will not be bleak, neither will my success be delayed just coz i graduated with a 3:48 2:2. Infact, it could be hastened sef coz now, i kno there's no relaxing, or chilling. Na to dey package myself properly remain. A well written CV, professional courses/qualificatns, proper ''packaging'' e.t.c. & most importantly, divine intervention is just as important as making a 2:1 as well. & also, a friend of mine had with a 3.496 had it rounded up (down) to 3.49 by anoda dept in dt same sciences.

I pray by some ''mistake'' or woteva, it ends up bein rounded up to 3.50 but if doesnt, he/she/you smiley should not be devastated. Your success cannot & will never be determined by ur undergrad CGPA, especially with a 3.49:

Cheers.
Re: Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 by luvola(m): 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
@ find out - thanjs for your contribution.am seriously praying for this dude
Re: Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 02, 2012
A genuine 3.49 is berra than a fake 3.5 and above. Trust me.
Re: Advice ! A Friend Had Cgpa Of 3.494 by kokoA(m): 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2012
I left school with 3.49. lol . well nothing spoil. The outside world care-less about your cgpa in school, people will employ you based on your skills.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Crises: Massob Hires Buses For Igbos! / . / why do igbos want to pick yoruba leader Chyz Andre Uweh, Ikeyman00,ndu_chucks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.