Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,621 members, 7,809,290 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Mistakes in Hollywood movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mistakes in Hollywood movies (1475 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes in Hollywood movies by Afam4eva(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2012
Let's discuss some mistakes that we've noticed in hollywood movies/films. This is exclusive for hollywood movies because Nollywood's middle name is "mistake".
Re: Mistakes in Hollywood movies by Afam4eva(m): 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2012
I don't know if anyone noticed a boat that cruised pass a river in the seasonal movie "Lost". They were supposed to be lost with no idea on how to get out only for a boat to drive past them.
Re: Mistakes in Hollywood movies by Afam4eva(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2012
I also noticed an error in one of the greatest movies ever made. There's a part in the Titanic movie where those musicians were playing their violin when they now decided to part ways. I noticed that when one instrumentalist remained while other were walking away, one of them was always trying to look back to see if the one they left behind was going to start playing again so that he can come back. I don't know if anyone noticed it.
Re: Mistakes in Hollywood movies by janedoe(f): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2012
I saw a list a while back on yahoo,there was a long list but the only one I remember was from pretty woman. The scene after Julia Roberts(Viv) stays the night at Mr Gere's (Edwards) and they are having breakfast, the croissant 'magically' changes to a pan cake because the scene was cut and when they shot the next take she grabbed a pancake instead of a croissant smiley
Re: Mistakes in Hollywood movies by Emmyk(m): 1:34am On Feb 03, 2012
Saw one on web from the Movie TROY where an Helicopter was hoovering pass Achiles. Wtf?

1 Like

Re: Mistakes in Hollywood movies by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 03, 2012
here are a few "true stories" that were not so true after all (that we could also call "mistakes"wink:

THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND
the white guy the movie was based on, was NOT a doctor and was NOT from Scotland. he was working for the regime that Idi Amin overthrew (as an advisor), then he was jailed for more than 3 months by Idi Amin before being given a job by that same Idi Amin. this guy stayed loyal to Amin (unlike the movie storyline portrayed) until the regime was overthrown. . . . . . and he never had an affair with Amin's wife. that was the REAL doctor who did, and who killed himself when she died due to a failed abortion.

BRAVEHEART: William Wallace was NOTHING like he was portrayed by Hollywood. the guy was a knight who came from a noble family and his father was an ally to the Brits who he fought by their side, in exchange for favors.

PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS the real Chris Gardner (played by will Smith) was nothing like they portrayed him in the flick, in real life. he was an occasional drug dealer/drug user, a deadbeat father for the earlier part of his child's life, and he was even married to another woman when he got his child's mother pregnant. . . . . . .and the reason he was almost arrested before the big job interview was not for parking tickets BUT because of domestic abuse charges filed against him from his baby momma.
Re: Mistakes in Hollywood movies by ammyrodrics(f): 7:55am On Feb 13, 2012
Never noticed this kinda mistakes,
Re: Mistakes in Hollywood movies by iice(f): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2012
Hah! They've edited Megan fox's thumb (on the steering wheel) from the original release to dvd release in Transformers.

In Drive, when Ryan Gosling's character was going to the car, he had on gloves, when he opened the car, no gloves and when his hand was on the steering wheel, back to gloves.

I have to rack my brain to remember the others. My brothers and I and a couple of friends tend to go looking for mistakes when we watch movies.

(1) (Reply)

My 1st Hollywood Spec Screenplay / African Movie Channel In New Deal With Startimes - Amc Series Launches / FULL MOVIE: Birds Of Prey – And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.