Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road (31171 Views)

Anyone With Info About Going To Dakar In Senegal / Whats The Cheapest Way To Get To Dakar? Air? Road? / Accra, Lagos Or Dakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by chuksvoice: 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2012
Dear nairalanders,

Please I need information how to travel from Lagos to Dakar Senegal by Road. What is the best, safest, cheapest and perhaps shortest route to take. Information on Any reputable transport company plying this route would be most appreciated.

Thank you all
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by steve13(m): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2012
what the hell are u going to do there?who is deceiving you?you want to top the numbers of nigerian boys begging for food at ecojo market?u better go to lagos or abuja,it will be better for you,

1 Like

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by chuksvoice: 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2012
steve_101:

what the hell are u going to do there?who is deceiving you?you want to top the numbers of nigerian boys begging for food at ecojo market?u better go to lagos or abuja,it will be better for you,

And what make you think am planning to go there to beg, maybe that's exactly what you do for a living, that's why you could come to a forum like this castigate someone you never met or know.

@ others

Please if you have genuine information regarding this post kindly post it here, I wish to travel there to write an entrance exam to study in an European country, but i understand flight ticket there is quite high around $350. Am only looking for a way to cut costs.

Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by 25omega(m): 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2012
men it will be tough because i was once in gambia and we travel to senegal by road. It seemed like for ever and all the different immigration folks wanting money to let you pass. it was crazy.

i would say if you can fly to at least Serra Leone and then get on the road from there you could do better. But seriously you would be taking taxi or bus from one country to the other and you know each country would have it's own price and each immigration will have their own situations and no guarantee that you would get to the area to get a connecting bus or cab on time before they close. It would be a hard trip.

3 Likes

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by bolame: 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2012
@chuksvoice you are very right on how some people just presume things up and thought you were up to something,take for example the guy stevebiko was assuming you are migrating to senegal while you were only going their to write an exam and submit your application, seriously speaking i dont think everyone is normal on this forum some people just have to make the comment cos it is %100 sure they
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by bolame: 10:20pm On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by bolame: 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by bolame: 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by sicily4u: 12:18am On Feb 05, 2012
I have some friends over there in Dakar, i think you should first get to seme border and cross to Cotonou from there you ask the car that is going to Senegal, if you need some one there i can give you his contact number or so for more directions
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by steve13(m): 4:30am On Feb 05, 2012
I Know dakar the way I know lagos,are U̶̲̥̅̊ a french student?many people go to dakar with ur claim,hehe this exam U̶̲̥̅̊ can only write in dakar,I wonder what exam is that,I traveled there a lot in 2010,as long as no one is decieving you,its alright,just open ur eyes wide.the route to go there from lagos is simple.
@Bolame or what ever U̶̲̥̅̊ re called,U̶̲̥̅̊ kept asking silly questions every where,U̶̲̥̅̊ want to go to thailand,philipines,malaysia,singapore,georgia,also want to marry a Uk beased , now U̶̲̥̅̊ want to learn how to go dakar hehe,haha,enjoy ur trip(s)

1 Like

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by steve13(m): 4:43am On Feb 05, 2012
Just a tip,you will go tru cotounu-Bukina faso-Mali then senegal, cotounu to Bukina capital city 23 hrs bus ride,non stop (stops for border checks only)bukina capital to mali capital (bamako)27hrs, bamako to dakar 26 hours,its a rough journey,if U̶̲̥̅̊ re not strong,U̶̲̥̅̊ might not be able. Cos U̶̲̥̅̊ can not get good food to eat if not dirty stuff.bus fare (cfa 55,000)bus departs from cotounu (mali park)every evening btwn 4pm-6pm, Go and write your Havard Exam!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 05, 2012
chuksvoice:

And what make you think am planning to go there to beg, maybe that's exactly what you do for a living, that's why you could come to a forum like this castigate someone you never met or know.

@ others

Please if you have genuine information regarding this post kindly post it here, I wish to travel there to write an entrance exam to study in an European country, but i understand flight ticket there is quite high around $350. Am only looking for a way to cut costs.

Thank you

u dont have $350 to fly to senegal to write an examp but you will have money to fly to europe?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by gudxson: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2012
davidylan link=topic=861472.msg10124813#msg10124813 date=1328424627
[quote author=davidylan:

u dont have $350 to fly to senegal to write an examp but you will have money to fly to europe?

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
davidylan:

hehehe,exactly what i was thinking,  maybe d guy won follow go #occupy senegal
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by steve13(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2012
He want to write an exam,to study in europe,Lol,I ve told him all he need to know as per going to dakar by rd,maybe all this yahoo bois came back from dakar and bought him some bottles of beer,now he wanna go there
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by chuksvoice: 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2012
sicily4u:

I have some friends over there in Dakar, i think you should first get to seme border and cross to Cotonou from there you ask the car that is going to Senegal, if you need some one there i can give you his contact number or so for more directions

Please kindly send me their contacts to this email chuksincan@yahoo.com. Thanks

@ others
thank you all for positive comments

for those trying to make jest that i cant afford flight ticket, ur financial assistance would be highly appreciated since 350 dolls is just a palsry sum to you

thanks

4 Likes

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by sicily4u: 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
ok check your mail i have send you his contact info
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by chuksvoice: 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2012
sicily4u:

ok check your mail i have send you his contact info

Thanks i got it
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
i advise you to fly, by road will be approximately 5-6days journey and you will spend more than $500 before you get to ur destination. if you insist on going by land then go at least a week before the exams because it will take you days to recover from the hectic 6day-land journey with no good food, no shower, no change of clothes, finally don't be surprise if you are the only English speaking in the bus.

2 Likes

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by sicily4u: 12:08am On Feb 09, 2012
according to some friends i have over there $200 will take u from naija to Dakar Senegal by road, 4-5 days journey
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by TBrownAuto(m): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
I wonder why all the trash talk and insult, He as simple question and some people are saying trash from their empty brain, me as well love traveling between africa country by land what bad in that at least if you are the tough type you will survive land travel of such distance.
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by rolishair: 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
u guys are so fuuny, u dont have to mock anybody cos they ask for your help...travelling to europe and senegal is quit different, how sure are u he dont have the money and do u know maybe his going there to write a scholarship exam...pls lets not mock eachother in any forum ...need to go to senegal as well to buy senegalese have always been going to togo just searching for a way to make it there on road before i sturmble into u guys forum...me wanting to go by road is to cut cost have never been there and has a business minded person dont want to waste my resource on trial and error venture
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by cheikh: 11:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
rolishair
u guys are so fuuny, u dont have to mock anybody cos they ask for your help...travelling to europe and senegal is quit different, how sure are u he dont have the money and do u know maybe his going there to write a scholarship exam...pls lets not mock eachother in any forum ...need to go to senegal as well to buy senegalese have always been going to togo just searching for a way to make it there on road before i sturmble into u guys forum...me wanting to go by road is to cut cost have never been there and has a business minded person dont want to waste my resource on trial and error venture

@^^ Bro what do you mean by the bolded above^> "to buy Senegalese"?
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by okeke00(m): 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
chuksvoice:
Dear nairalanders,

Please I need information how to travel from Lagos to Dakar Senegal by Road. What is the best, safest, cheapest and perhaps shortest route to take. Information on Any reputable transport company plying this route would be most appreciated.

Thank you all
i just finished the journey now. wooooo it was a very terrible journey.
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by actoor(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2015
okeke00:
i just finished the journey now. wooooo it was a very terrible journey.

How was it like? Can you please share it with us?
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by okeke00(m): 3:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
actoor:

How was it like? Can you please share it with us?
it depends on the season you wish to travel, during three months raining season in northern west Africa, it is usually cool but on dry season, it is usually very hot especially when you are in a bus with out ventilation nor air conditioner. Go to cotonu and ask them about the bus heading to Bamako(Mali), when you get to Mali, ask them about the bus going to Dakar(Senegal). It is about six days or five day journey. Wish you good luck. But you need to be careful not to fall into the hands of fraudsters especially when you arive Bamako

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by Namoe(m): 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
What if I am driving? Is it safe? Are there hotels on the way so I can break my journey? Would appreciate your honest response.
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by ogadriva(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
warninig Travel To Dakar on Road is not SAFE at the moment. A lot of accident reported in the past few weeks. I will keep you posted as things change
Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by Rukayyam: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
Pls I want to know if there is a cheap way to send my cloth from dakar to Nigera. About from tnt, DHL And PedEx I need low cost.

1 Like

Re: Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road by Sandramak: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2023
Fellow Niaralanders,
Please I need to get Gambia passport does anyone have the connect. Please inbox me let's talk. chukwueche19@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

UK Based Zimbabwean Slay Queen Begs For Money Online To Renew Her Visa / This Is Akpugo In Nkanu, Enugu State / Mercedes Benz Catches Fire In Port-Harcourt, Family Of 6 Escapes Death - photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.