Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. (12030 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by CyberWord(m): 9:20am On Feb 03, 2012
SEEKING GOD'S CONFIRMATION BEFORE MARRIAGE.

It is easier for God to confirm if that man or woman in your life is your God ordained life partner when there is no mutual feeling or love as the case may be.The man may be deeply in love and the girl may not have fallen in love or the girl may be deeply in love and the man may not have fallen.Most times when there is no deep love,God speaks.This way you will know that it is God and not your mind or emotions speaking to you.I am not saying that God cannot confirm when you are already in love,He can.But just to be sure that it is not your mind telling you things,you may need to proove it.To proove this you must not be driven by your emotion,you must pause your emotion and use the word of God as your driving force for now.When you are praying for confirmation,remove any pre-conceived idea.Go to God with a plain mind.To think you may die unless you marry that man or woman is an emotional deceit.A broken relationship is better than a broken or unhappy or troubled marriage.Even the bible says that it is better to dwell on the house top than to live in a house with a brawling man or woman.Proverbs 25:24.If your marriage is troubled I speak peace into it right now in the name of Jesus Christ.If you are already in a relationship,whether it is smooth or rough you still need to confirm if you are making the right choice.Be blessed.BB-PIN is 21322745
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by Acidosis(m): 9:26am On Feb 03, 2012
nice piece
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by Lasinoh: 9:54am On Feb 03, 2012
A broken relationship is better than a broken or unhappy or troubled marriage.

Soooooooooooooooo, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage huh?
Mu he he he he he he he
I taya for these Christians I swear. cheesy

Can someone please tell me the difference between a troubled, broken relationship and a troubled, broken marriage biko nu o? grin

Nor be emotions dey for both? cheesy
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by Acidosis(m): 10:15am On Feb 03, 2012
Lasinoh:

Mu he he he he he he he

Can someone please tell me the difference between [b]a troubled, broken relationship and a troubled, broken marriage [/b]biko nu o? grin

so what happens to the children?

what happens to the wedding and annoucements?

what happens to Mrs. XXXX?

One time US presidential candidate
lost his campaign/votes just because he once divorce his wife.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by TisaBone: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2012
if it's a broken relationship, you always have the choice of leaving. In marriage, that's not so easy to do.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by Lasinoh: 10:51am On Feb 03, 2012
Same difference. . . relationship=marriage. Even if you leave the relationship. . . .the scars follow you like the mark of Cain. . .just like a marriage.

Acidosis:

so what happens to the children?

what happens to the wedding and annoucements?

what happens to Mrs. XXXX?

One time US presidential candidate
lost his campaign/votes just because he once divorce his wife.

The same problems you would experience in a 'relationship' are the same problems you would experience in a marriage.
Please, stick to the topic.
You may need to focus more on what is going on inside subject's mind. . .not what the world thinks.
Children are also present in relationships just like marriages. kiss
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by 2good(m): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2012
Lasinoh:

Mu he he he he he he he

Can someone please tell me the difference between a troubled, broken relationship and a troubled, broken marriage biko nu o? grin

Cyber is trying to say a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage because you can just walk out of a broken relationship but cannot do same for a broken marriage because of factors like children involved, emotional attachment(wife and girl friend are very much different and I believe you'll understand better if you're married) and legal aspect like having to loose 50% of your properties etc so you try your best to make it work.
However, god have got nothing to do with marriage and you only have to use your natural conscience, reasoning and experience to know if someone is best for you.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by God2man(m): 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2012
Marriage is not something you just rush in and rush out, it is better not to marry, than to marry the wrong person. Your partner will determine how far you will go in life. There is no perfect marriage, we only have a growing one. Divorce is not pleasant, the scar will still follow you. So, the best thing to do is to seek for God's favour, before you enter into a life long relationship like marriage. When you want the favor of God, you need to reposition yourself interms of doing those things that attract God's favor. " for thou o Lord will bless the righteous with Favor will thou compass him as with a shield" Be nice to people. Be a lover of the things of God. Go out of your way to be a blessing to other. Pray for God's will. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by Lasinoh: 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2012
Abeg, divorce rate is 50% around the world. Very easy to walk out of.
Unless religions like Christianity and Islam make you slaves to the institution.
The only reason a person cannot walk out of any bad relationship or marriage, is because of low self-esteem and financial dependence. A mere certificate does not make a marriage. Some relationships are stronger than marriages! kiss
Only fools use children as excuses to stay in an unproductive relationship or marriage.  kiss
Who says you can only take care of your children if you stay married?
Bottom line, no one cares if you have a successful marriage or relationship. . .Just take care of the children you 'begat' from your azzzzze. Period!!! kiss
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by bolame: 11:40am On Feb 04, 2012
yes it is always right to put God first in whatever you do than live to regret it later, for me s when i was young i always have the feeling that when it is the time for me to get married i will know when the right man comes and it surely happen even tho there meant not be enough now i know for sure we will have enough plenty when the times come and i wont ever exchange him for the world
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by bolame: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2012
yes it is always right to put God first in whatever you do than live to regret it later, for me s when i was young i always have the feeling that when it is the time for me to get married i will know when the right man comes and it surely happen even tho there meant not be enough now i know for sure we will have enough plenty when the times come and i wont ever exchange him for the world
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by bolame: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2012
For some people still searching for patners or doubting, you can open your eyes wide cos your wife meant just be in the corner waiting for you while you are strugging yourself with someone that you would regret choicing at the end (Beware least you lose the substance by grasping at the Shadow) for every man is made for him is own
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by bolame: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2012
for me i thank God cos i find my own patner in the most surprising place and i will always be grateful to God and only money probably meant be the delay now.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2012
@OP in my opinion, if you force yourself to marry someone you don't have feelings for, claiming that it's god, you'll only end up unhappy, killing your wife, or both.
Same thing goes for parents that marry for their children, or force then to marry someone they're not in love with. I ask them: fine, youdunnit, are you gonna spend the rest of your life with the person you foisted on your child? I mean c'mon! What happened to marrying for love? What happened to courtship? Not that I believe in marriage anyway. It's another form of slavery.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by tpia5: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2012
Love or infatuation isnt what sustains a marriage.

Its important but not the bedrock.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 04, 2012
tpia@:

Love . . . isnt what sustains a marriage.

Its important but not the bedrock.

I'm really not gonna justify that with an answer.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by tpia5: 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2012
^Your problem, not mine.
Re: Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. by dekung(m): 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
The first whom God gave a wife too ended up blaming God when the woman caused him to sin. Afterwards, am not sure God gave a wife or hubby to anyone anymore. That said, the work of finding a spouse is fully yours cos proverbs says 'he who finds a wife finds a good and obtains favour from the LORD'. Your marriage would not work because you made the right choice but because made your self the right person. I have seen several marriaged that are 'God ordained' crash like a pack of cards and conversely I have seen marriages where the two parties married due certain circumstantial occurence, like unwanted pregnancy, and 40yrs later the couples are still married. Come to think of it our forefather who were idol worshippers got married and stayed married, divorce rate was low and family life was very sacred.

(1) (Reply)

10 Signs To Identify Fake Pastors / No Superior Religion In Nigeria — CAN, NSCIA / Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.