Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,573 members, 7,958,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:48 PM

Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: (993 Views)

Enugu Attack Has Nothing To Do With Fulani - Police / No Nigerian Leader, Democratic Or Dictatorial, Has Ever Succeeded - Aljazeera / Alleged Invasion: DSS Only Succeeded In Tarnishing Own Image – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by manchy7531: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2012
BOKO HARAM, BESIDES THE WAR, NO EXTERNAL ATTACK HAS EVER SUCCEEDED IN THE EAST:

The East; land of the rising sun, land of a special breed. Land created and fortified by the Creator. Land of brave men. Land of proud warriors. A land flowing with milk and honey. A land of beautiful adorable ladies. The land named Biafra in 1967 and existed as a Sovereign State till 1970. The same land that clamours for the resuscitation of Biafra with vigour and the agitation remains vigorous. The land where the IKEMBA administered at the age of 33years and performed great feats in 3years, which a Methusela cannot perform in 969years. A land of peace. A land of serene scenery. A land of cosy ambience and exotic etiquette. This land cannot allow itself to be desecrated by the Boko Haram. No mayhem initiated outside has ever succeeded in the East. The East has ever remained the safest place for the Igbos and even strangers. On 15th January, 1966, the Nzeogwu bloody coup initiated in Kaduna in the North in which Northern/Western Politicians and soldiers were assassinated, did not succeed in the East; Igbo politicians exemplified by Dr M.I. Okpara, Dr Akanu Ibiam and the rest of them were safe. On 29th July, 1966, the 2nd bloodier coup initiated in Kaduna by Soldiers of Northern Nigeria extraction, did not succeed in the East. Ojukwu was fully in control and talking tough; the type of toughness that inspires ordinary human beings to perform extraordinary feats. We miss him! After that evil coup and the criminal assassination of Ironsi, mass pogrom of Ndi Igbo began in the North and Western Nigeria in earnest, but the East was safe. All roads led to the East. Igbo refugees found solace in the East. Some of the coupists of 15th January, 1966 were safe because they were detained in the East. They included Nzeogwu, Ben Gbulie, Wole Ademoyega,Timothy Onwuatuegwu, Emmanuel Ifeajuna etc. But those of them detained in the North, West and Mid-West were killed by rampaging Northern soldiers; Christian Anuforo was badly shot at Ikeja prisons where he died, while Donatus Okafor was brought out of Abeokuta prisons and buried alive under the supervision of Northern soldiers. The East was safe until the war broke out. The war is the only crisis that penerated the East because of foreign military assistance. During the June 12, 1993 Abiola saga, the North boiled. The West was heated and people were killed, but the East was calm and peaceful. Boko Haram can never succeed in the East. If they liked let them change strategies. Let them go for more costumes belonging to lunatics, pretending to be mad and dancing around with green leaves. They are deceiving themselves, we shall still know them. If they liked let them dress in a beggar's fashion and masquerade as people who need alms, we shall catch them. They can make themselves look like imbeciles with saliva oozing from their odorous mouth to divert our attention, we shall still know it is Boko Haram. They should forget about coming to the East for there they shall meet their waterloo!
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by manchy7531: 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2012
No trap set for the land of the rising sun shall succeed.

Am proud to be an igbo bio.FULL BLOODED IGBO BOI(FBI)
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by NegroNtns(m): 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2012
Land of dialu and osu.

What are you going to do about the osu caste. Address that. Thats the bottom line of your troubles in Nigeria. Once you get rid of it then you will be accepted as civilized society.
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by manchy7531: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2012
Land of dialu and osu.

What are you going to do about the osu caste. Address that. Thats the bottom line of your troubles in Nigeria. Once you get rid of it then you will be accepted as civilized society.

AS YOU KNOW SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER FOR A FOOOL.I WONDER WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO GROW UP??YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW REASONS WHY I HATE YOUR DIRTY LAZY TRIBE EXCEPT A FEW.
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by NegroNtns(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
What is wrong with asking you to clean your house and stop discrimination against your own people? Wont dialu ibos like to be treated better and be more accepted in Nigeria, instead of the step-child treatment you all get? If true, then why wont your dialu begin to give to your osu what he himself would desire from fellow Nigerians?
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by manchy7531: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2012
^^^^^^ I DON'T SEE HOW WHAT I POSTED IS RELATED TO YOU AND YOUR DIRTY SELF.I RATHER YOU FACE YOUR PROBLEMS THAN DABBLE IN OTHERS AFFAIRS.AS YOU CAN SEE AM TRYING NOT TO DERAIL THIS TREND AND NOT YOU OR ANY OF YOUR GOONS WILL DERAIL THIS TREND COS IT HAS NOTING TO DO WITH YOU.

IF YOU INSULT THIS TREND AND NDIIGBO AGAIN.I SPIT ON THE GROUND AND CURSE YOU NOT TO SEE TOMORROW.EDIOT
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by NegroNtns(m): 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2012
I bury a rod in the ground and reverse the curse back to you.

the osu problem is a ibo problem but it will take non-ibos to help bring their case to prime light and deliver them from the discrimination of dialu. You know how ibo write UN and everybody that care to listen that Nigeria is victimising SE? Same thing here. The osus cannot speak because of the stigma, it will take non ibos who can kick dialu a s s to bring the needed changes and free osu. You shameless idiot! telling me not to derail thread. We are talking about humanity and segregation and enslavement you are concerned about your yeye thread,. May God punish you! angry
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by Dede1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Land of dialu and osu.

Negro_nuts, you are a mooncalf, olodo.

I had taken a culture that mandated the stay of caste system over the culture that demands heart of dead Oba be cannibalized and human beings slaughtered before corpse of an Oba had to be lowered into the ground.

People say instead of dead it is good to get lost.
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by sheyguy: 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2012
Dede1:

I had taken a culture that mandated the stay of caste system over the culture that demands heart of dead Oba be cannibalized and human beings slaughtered before corps of the Oba had to be lowered to the ground.

the bolded also exist in ibo, in fact it is more common in iboland than any other place.

@topic, how many attempted attack has foiled in the past?
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by Dede1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2012
sheyguy:

the bolded also exist in ibo, in fact it is more common in iboland than any other place.

Please attest to what you know for fact. The death of Oba in Yoruba land is not a matter for liver-hearted humans. I am an insider who knew the corners.
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by NegroNtns(m): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2012
Before British colonialism, the Igbo were a politically fragmented group. There were variations in culture such as in art styles, attire and religious practices. Various subgroups were organized by clan, lineage, village affiliation, and dialect. There were not many centralized chiefdoms, hereditary aristocracy, or kingship customs except in kingdoms such as those of the Nri, Arochukwu, Agbor and Onitsha. This political system changed significantly under British colonialism[b] in the 19th century; Eze (kings) were introduced into most local communities [/b] by Frederick Lugard as "Warrant Chiefs

I am from a noble Igbo family that was chosen to become a royal family when the Igbos began to have kings in imitation of their neighbors; the Igala, and the Bini.

. . . . . . chew on this^^^^
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by NegroNtns(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2012

I had taken a culture that mandated the stay of caste system over the culture that demands heart of dead Oba be cannibalized and human beings slaughtered before corpse of an Oba had to be lowered into the ground.

Dede,. . . . . . Not only do you disciminate and segregate, you also practice euthanasia on your people.  see below.

".The funeral ceremonies and burials of the Igbo people are extremely complex, the most elaborate of all being the funeral of a chief. However, elaborate funeral ceremonies were not granted to those who died from the several kinds of deaths that are considered shameful, and in these circumstances no burial is provided at all. [b]Women who died during childbirth, children who die before they have teeth, those who commit suicide and those who die in the sacred month – for these people their funeral ceremony consists of being thrown into a bush. Also seen as shameful, multiple births were considered part of the animal world and twins were put to death, as were animals produced at single births. Children who were born with teeth, or whose upper teeth came first, babies born feet first, boys with only one testicle, and lepers, were all killed and their bodies discarded in secrecy.[/b]

Thats the culture you had proudly taken.  A culture that kills what it termed "shameful births" and dump them in forest to rot. . . . . and then further put label and stigma of osu on the living and segregate them into lifetime slavery.  Shame on you for admitting preferrence for such a society.
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by homerac7: 5:51pm On Feb 03, 2012
I'm tired of seeing lies and deliberate misinformation spread around by my kinsmen in public forum with such mischievous boldness that could only b intended to make d listeners look like dunces.

@ OP,

Can u cite any time in history dt d Igbo nation was ever attacked by neighbours beyond d Niger ? Rather, d Igbo nation had relationship wt her neighbours who also served as buffer for her against major invasions.

What do u knw about d rise of Kwararafa kingdom? What about Queen Aminat's military machine? Jihad?

Simple attempt at learning those history will teach u dt d neighbouring tribes of Igala and Tiv stopped d invasions before It got to Igbo land. Meanwhile, d Igbo nation was highly divided and disunited along clannish lines. There's no history of Igbo nation ever uniting against any common enemy; if there is, I will like u cite an instance. Also Is d fact that there's regular infighting among d clans. So stop painting utopia dt never existed.

On cannibalism and human sacrifices, no African tribe is innocent of dt by her history. My fourth grandfather, I regret to say, was a major slave trader and when he died, he was buried along wt some of his slaves and horses to serve him in life beyond. I knw of one near my home who was also buried wt several of his slaves much after my grandfather's. So many other cases abound in Igbo land.

I also knw some clan men who prided in killing and eating Nigerian soldiers during d civil war. There's is a cult in my place called Obute which membership qualification is evidence of valour by presenting a trophy. Trophies acceptable include Lion skin, leopard skin, HUMAN SKULL, etc. So let nobody come out here and claim dt Ani-Igbo was a sugar-candy-mountain in ancient times.

It's not intended to shame or ridicule my people and her culture, but facts must always b laid bared wtout sentiments, afterall those dark histories aren't peculiar to any tribe.

Liars be warned! angry
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by sheyguy: 8:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
@homerac7 God bless u for admitting the truth. Virtually every tribe in Africa had some these practise among themselves.
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by T9ksy(m): 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2012
Dede1:

Please attest to what you know for fact. The death of Oba in Yoruba land is not a matter for liver-hearted humans. I am an insider who knew the corners.   

So "Prof. of grammar", you are not only a DAMN LIAR, you are also a SHAMELESS HYPOCRATE!!!

You ought to practise what you preach. grin
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by sheyguy: 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^^Don't mind that MAGA he thinks he is smart.
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by PointB: 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2012
Dede1:

I believe you are referring to the practice/culture of Oro, whereby headhunters go about looking for heads of innocent and hapless individuals to accompany their king to the great beyond.

This culture is also cleverly captured by Wole Soyinka in his book, "Death and the King's Horseman." A culture which requires the King's horseman to commit ritual suicide, and be buried with the Kings.

It was a tragedy, as the Kings Horseman was unable to complete the ritual due to fair, and cowardice! His son - Olunde, a Western educated medical doctor completed the ritual on behalf of the cowardly father.

According to a Yoruba tradition, the death of a chief must be followed by the ritual suicide of the chief's horseman, because the horseman's spirit is essential to helping the chief's spirit ascend to the afterlife. Otherwise, the chief's spirit will wander the earth and bring harm to the Yoruba people
- Wikipedia
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_and_the_King%27s_Horseman]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_and_the_King%27s_Horseman[/url]
Re: Boko Haram:besides The War, No External Attack Has Ever Succeeded In The East: by LogicMind: 12:38am On Feb 05, 2012
thread derailed

(1) (Reply)

Jungle Of Mistrust; Why Do The Ss & Se Governors Prefer Northerners As Adc. / Picture Of Man Killed By Police Over Refusal To Give N50 Bribe / Forget Northern Christian In Ur 2015 Presidential Bid, NOSCEF Tells Arewa Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.