Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,379 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

How Can I Proctect Myself Against Fraud In Importing Used Machines - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Proctect Myself Against Fraud In Importing Used Machines (957 Views)

Please Who Has Used Stocksourcing. Com In Importing Used Laptops And Phones / Importing Used Cars From Europe To Nigeria, Is It A Good Business? / Start Importing Used/refurbished Laptops From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Proctect Myself Against Fraud In Importing Used Machines by larry2012: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2012
I MADE CONTACT WITH A GERMAN AND WE HAVE AGREED TERMS, BUT AM AFRAID HE MAY NOT SHIP THE EXACT USED MACHINE WE AGREED UPON AND OR HE MAY EVEN SHIP SCRAP.HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF TO ENSURE THE MAN WILL NOT DUPE ME AND HE WILL SHIP THE EXACT MACHINE HE ADVERTISED ON HIS WEB SITE?
Re: How Can I Proctect Myself Against Fraud In Importing Used Machines by nthnymarce(m): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2012
Visit germany and make sure you make use of an agent that understands dutch. Let me know d state?
Re: How Can I Proctect Myself Against Fraud In Importing Used Machines by larry2012: 9:37am On Feb 05, 2012
@nthnymarce: I dont have german visa and dont intend getting one now because of the hassles.why do i need an agent that speaks dutch instead of german.Its Nurmberg.
thanks.
Re: How Can I Proctect Myself Against Fraud In Importing Used Machines by nthnymarce(m): 9:56am On Feb 05, 2012
Sorry,I mean german, somebody must be onground to oversee d transaction. On alternative,u can profer a cif transaction with a bank gurantee.once its confirmed in the ports,ur bank wil release d funds.we made such mistakes in d pastand u must not fall a victim. We ordered for 7trucks(7.5tons),3 is main to be cooling vans,then 4 container bodies but we saw a reversed order @ lagos ports.
Re: How Can I Proctect Myself Against Fraud In Importing Used Machines by CGLfinance: 6:55pm On Feb 05, 2012
Your last contributor was right: import with a Letter of Credit (LC) on CIF terms. If you have the cash to make a spot purchase (paying cash via SWIFT), then you can, AND SHOULD, order with an LC. Give your bank the money; they will open an LC for you at a small fee (1.75% - 2%). If the German ships, you will have to accept (after going over the shipping documents to see if what is shipped matches what you requested) before your money will be paid out to him. If you are dis-satisfied, you can reject the shipment and your bank retains your cash.

One problem though is that the machines are used machines.

This creates the problem of capturing details of the exact working condition of the machines on the LC. That is why an Agent at the German warehouse would be helpful. He would ensure that the machines shipped are in a condition you can accept.

In the future (or if your market or usage permits) consider buying new machines instead of used ones, as this is a lot easier to describe on an LC transaction. My company, Caldwell Ghana Limited, will be pleased to supply you any kind of machinery on a deferred payment arrangement with a Deferred LC.

That  I am sure will represent the safest import solution you can get: buy now, pay later even from abroad.
Re: How Can I Proctect Myself Against Fraud In Importing Used Machines by styles2009: 1:44am On Feb 06, 2012
Send me as your agent, i speak german fluently after residing there for over 3 years,resident in Milan,Italy ,i'll charge you a fee not much but the german would ship the stuff and pay with letter of credit as advised.

May i know,the type of Machinery you are Importing? I have long year experience with Printing Machines.

Contact me with this email: adanimagbagbe@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Babangida, Otedola, Elumelu Win Bids For Nigeria’s Power Plants / Ur Take On Transportation Business / Converting Liberty Reserve To Raw Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.