Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Correcting The Misconception,misrepresentation & Misinterpretation Of The Quran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Correcting The Misconception,misrepresentation & Misinterpretation Of The Quran (994 Views)

The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday / The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) / Correctin The Misconception,misrepresentation And Misinterpretation Of The Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Correcting The Misconception,misrepresentation & Misinterpretation Of The Quran by kim77: 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2012
Correcting the Misconception, Misrepresentation and Misinterpretation of the Quran http://links.causes.com/s/clALC8 Correcting the Misconception, Misrepresentation and Misinterpretation of the Quran I decided to come up with this piece from the learned Islamic scholars who had previously explained the said challenge due to the challenge I was confronted with in some forums where Christians claimed the Quran supported aggression against non Muslims; this is a misinterpretation of the words of God and misrepresentation. This piece is for those people who wish to be enlightened and I pray that the almighty give you the understanding. The letter from the prophet which reads below is the truth(A message from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) over 1400Yrs ago. In 628 AD, a delegation from St. Catherine’s Monastery came to Prophet Muhammed(SAW) and requested his protection. He responded by granting them a charter of rights. "This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullahi, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world), not just the truth for the people living during the time of the prophet, but will continue to be true until the day of Judgement. In further supporting the above letter from prophet Mohammed (SAW) the Quran also has this to say, Not all these people are alike. From amongst the people of the book are those who stand in the night time, reciting the verses of God while prostrating. They truly believe in God and the Day of Judgment, they encourage goodness, admonish evil and take lead in doing acts of virtue; such are the righteous people. Whatever good they will do is not going to go waste. And God is aware of the pious people. (3:113-5) Indeed those who believe [– Muslims –] and those who are Jews, and the Nazarenes [the rightly guided Christians], and the Sabeans, whoever [amongst them] believes in Allah, the Day of Judgment, and does good deeds, for him there is going to be reward before his Lord: They will neither have any fear of the future nor sorrow of the past. (2:62). Here comes the verse of the holy Quran quoted as a command for muslim to attack the Christians,This is what the Quran says in, At-Taubah sura 9:29 " Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." Source from the Noble Quran. The Above verse is indeed from the holy quran, For every quranic verse, there is what we call asbabu nuzul,(reason for revelation.) In light of the historical context of this verse, it becomes very clear that the verse was revealed in connection with aggression initiated against Muslims. As Dr. Jamal Badawi very accurately concludes with regard to verse 9:29 and similar verses:All of these verses, without exception, if studied carefully, address aggression and oppression committed against Muslims at the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him).
Re: Correcting The Misconception,misrepresentation & Misinterpretation Of The Quran by Medknight: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2012
Anti-islamists and deviants didn't studied islam after respected mainstream scholars.
Click on misquoting quran at the left of this page
http://aboutjihad.com/terrorism/imams_condemn_terrorism.php

(1) (Reply)

Which Shd Come 1st In Prayers? / Why Is Christmas Day On The 25th December? / The Wrath Of God…..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.