Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? (14050 Views)

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! / How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy / Shocking Messages To Pastors From Those Who Saw Heaven/hell And Came Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by dare2think: 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2012
DawsanAuto:

Tithes: You MUST pay it, if you dont it means the windows of heaven will be closed against you and your finances - Simple. It is not your business what is done to the tithes/offerings/seeds etc. Most churches accounts are not even controlled by the pastors, they are controlled by the LCC (Local Church Council) made up of members in various fields of endeavors, they are the ones that determine what amount should be given to the pastor and his family as upkeep monthly. If they misuse God's money then it is them that'll suffer the consequences. You, having obeyed God's doctrine will still receive the full blessings - so why are you bothered about how the money is spent?

Utter Rubbish!!!

Please explain to me how people of other faiths have their finances 'closed' when they dont pay tithes?? you can believe the nonsense your fraudulent charlatans feed you but the reality is fortunately different. Their are multitudes of different people from all walks of life including Atheist, muslims, sikhs and catholics blessed with very bouyant finances and they dont pay your fraudulent tithes, so tell me, who is blessing them?

Or is financial success limited to 'tithe-paying Christians'?

No. (and the world is awitness)
Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by obowunmi(m): 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2012
Oprah, Bill Gates are atheists and the gates of heaven is not closed to them.
Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by DawsanAuto: 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2012
@BERNIMOORE
I really adore your knowledge of the Bible but I must say your understanding of it is somewhat twisted. I'm sorry to use that word but I struggled to find another word to put my point mildly accross to you but couldn't find one. Indeed I'm sorry I had to use the word twisted because I really do appreciate your knowledge of the Bible. I want to take you up on these your statements:

IT IS NOT A STANDARD FOR TRUE CHRISTIANS TO PRACTICE FIRSTFRUITS TITHE AND OFFERING CONCEPT WHICH ''THERE IS NO BIBLICAL BACKING'' THAT PRONOUNCE THAT THESE TANGIBLE GOODS SHOULD BE CHANGED TO ''CASH''
IT WILL BE RECALLED THROUGHOUT THE NEW TESTAMENT,FROM JESUS ERA,TITHE PAYING,OR FIRSTFRUITS WERE  NOT PRACTICED,IF YOU DOUBT ME QUOTE IT NOW.
DONATIONS WERE PRACTICED HOW?
THE CHRISTIANS DURING PAUL'S ERA CONTRIBUTED MONIES,NOT TITHES AND OFFERINGS BUT THE NEW METHOD UNDER CHRIST 2 COR 8;12
12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have.

You said they practice DONATIONS, Kindly explain to us how Donations differ from Offerings which is even phrased as "Sacrificial Offering" meaning Free will donation. So you saying it is right to give Donations but not right to give Offerings you'll agree with me is kind of confusing.
You also said there is no Biblical backing that says these "Tangible Goods" should be changed to Cash. Kindly explain to me how you will give "Thanks to God" - DONATION as you put it if say for instance God Blesses you with a Brand New Car. I guess you will pull out the two front tyres of the car and "donate" to God for Blessing you with a car right? At least the Bible teaches us to give "Thanks" when we receive from God right? I'm sure that's not a disputable fact?

One thing you seem to forget here is that we live in a world controlled by money. Even the Bible itself says "For Money answereth all things" Ecclesiastes 10vs19. Let me tell you some of the things the church spends money on these days: Chairs (Cos u wont like to sit on the floor), Fans (cos u wont feel comfortable in heat), Generator&Diesel (cos u wont like not to be able to read ur bible when the pastor quotes a passage due to darkness), Musical Instruments / Microphones (As singing praises is part of thanksgiving unto God, and at least the people of old did the same), NEPA Bill (For when they have govt lights), Water Bill (If connected to govt water works and if not they need to dig their own boreholes), Toiletries (for use when u come to church and have the urge to visit the rest room), Publications (to keep you abreast of the current and next plans of the church, Donations to motherless, widows and the aged homes (most churches do not publicise these acts because God admonished us not to), Security personnel and gadgets (due to Boko Haram and thieves), salaries for church workers (since you and I must go about our daily businesses to be able to feed our families),  I can go on and on and I tell you this list is endless.

The question now is do you think your "Donations" alone is sufficient to cater for all these expenditures? The Practical truth here is NO. If you attend a church where the pastor has to call for Donations just to pay the NEPA Bills monthly or fuel the Generator monthly, wont you be tired one day? Bearing in mind that most of these expenditures are re-current.

The truth here is that Tithes, First Fruits, Offerings (Donations), and the rest all come together to make enough funds available for all these things and many others I couldn't mention here, so that the pastor can focus on the issue of "Keeping the Flock" by nourishing them with the word of God. If you are a pastor, and you have to worry about payment of bills every month, tell me how composed you'll be to feed the flock of Christ with the word of truth? At least the Bible says "For Ye shall Know the Truth and the truth shall set you free" JOHN 8vs32. If no one reveals the truth to you, how would you know it? Remembering also that the Bible tells us not to despise the gathering of the brethren,  at least if we gather as a group, somebody must lead us na? - The Pastor.

I want to tell you here that no one is ever forced to pay his tithe, first fruits or offerings and if I ever enter a church where the pastor starts calling brethren that they've not paid their tithes for this month or that we must give an offering of a certain amount, I will be the first person to leave that church instantly.

In concluding,  I want to make it emphatically clear that paying of Tithes, First Fruits and Offerings are obligatory for Xtians but they do carry immense benefits if only you try to perform them.
Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by OnyeBabe1(f): 5:02am On Feb 07, 2012
Simple, stop wasting your money in all these so-called churches, use that money to support a local orphange. Make it a point to always ensure they have food, clothing and health care, God does not look down on such help.
Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by TeeJay6(m): 10:55am On Feb 07, 2012
Onye Babe:

Simple, stop wasting your money in all these so-called churches, use that money to support a local orphange. Make it a point to always ensure they have food, clothing and health care, God does not look down on such help.
Simple, use your money for whatever you like and leave me to waste use mine as i see fit.
Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by BERNIMOORE: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
[b]@ Dawsan Auto,

YOU DISAPPOINT ME,

YOUR REPLY NEVER EXPLAIN WHAT YOU TERM AS 'TWIST'

,(it will be adviceable to back up your claim with the bible and not human concepts outside the bible true meanings this you can do by 'reading the bible for yourself,and recognise what is and what is not of Gods true standard.
And note that the bible says we must 'test' every spirit,whether they originate with God.There are standards set out by God for christians,but have been ''changed by some to accomodate Greed'' there rendering Gods standard as out of date, while it is not)

NOW TO THE BUSSINESS;

your quote

You said they practice DONATIONS, Kindly explain to us how Donations differ from Offerings which is even phrased as "Sacrificial Offering" meaning Free will donation. So you saying it is right to give Donations but not right to give Offerings you'll agree with me is kind of confusing
from DawsonAuto

My Response;

WHEN I SAID DONATIONS AND CONTRIBUTION I MEAN WHAT I SAY ,

I THOUGHT YOU HAVE A BIBLE SUPPORT FOR  ''CASH AS OFFERING'' TO COUNTER MY POINT BUT YOU DID NOT QUOTE EVEN ONE,TO BUTRESS YOUR POINT.DO YOU CARE TO SEACH YOUR BIBLE THE TRUE MEANINGS OF 'OFFERING,OR 'SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS'?
Let me do it,while you check now;

OFFERING,OR 'SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS'
1, Firstfruit Offering.   leviticus 2:13
2, Guilt  Offering.   leviticus 5:15
3, communion  Offering.leviticus 3:6
4,Burnt offering leviticus 1:13.

etc
ALL THESE OFFERINGS ARE ACTUALLY BURN ON ALTER TO SMOKE,OR REDEEMED.

ALL THESE ARE FOUND IN THE BOOK OF LEVITICUS (LEVI WHO ARE THE PRIEST TRIBE), AND THERE IS A WRITTEN COMMANDMENT UNDER THE LAW COVENANT THAT MANDATED THEM,

THEY DONT JUST ASSUME THE ROLE ANYHOW.

HEBREW 7;5

5, And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham.

BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THE OLD CONVENANTS,OR COMMANDMENT THAT DEMANDS VARIOUS REQUIREMENTS SUCH AS,(firstfruits.Tithes,offerings,burnt sacrifices)
''HAVE BEEN ANNULED BY GOD'' DUE TO REASONS NAMELY;( because of its weakness and unprofitableness).
read again;

HEBREW 7;18,19.22;

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

AND THE BETTER HOPE; vs 22

22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

Collosians 2:14

14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

AND TO SHOW THAT WE DONT NEED THESE SO CALLED 'OFFERINGS' OR 'SACRIFICIAL OFFERING', AFTER WE HAVE ACCEPTED JESUS AS OUR SAVIOR,

PLS READ;

Ephesians 5:1,2.

1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children
2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

HEBREW 7:27;

27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

USING THE 'OLD CONCEPT' OF 'OFFERING' 'OR 'SACRIFICIAL OFFERING'' TO RECEIVE DONATIONS FROM CHRISTIANS,OR CHRIST-TIANS, WHO ARE OF THE BENEFIT OF THE JESUS RANSOME SACRIFICE  IS TANTAMOUNT TO DISREGARDING,NOT APPRECIATING OR NOT RESPECFULL OF THE GOOD HE HAD DONE FOR YOU AND I,BY OPENING THE WAY TO GOD FOR US THROUGH HIS PAINFULL DEATH ON A TURTURE STAKE, OF WHICH HE ALSO PERFORM ''ONCE AND FOR ALL''BY OFFERING HIMSELF, DUE  TO THESE KNOWLEDGE;

THATS  THE REASON WHY THE APOSTLES  CHOOSE TO CALL ANY 'GOOD GIFT' OR VOLUNTARY GIVING AS

DONATIONS OR CONTRIBUTION,

NOTE THAT,IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THE 'OFFERING' OR 'SACRIFICING OFFERING' OF THE OLD LAW COVENANT.
PLS READ;

ACT 4: 32

All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all

34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales

35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

2 Corinthians 8:12-15

12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.

13 Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality.

14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality,

15 as it is written: “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.

YOUR QUOTE
quote:Dawsan Auto,

The question now is do you think your "Donations" alone is sufficient to cater for all these expenditures? The Practical truth here is NO. If you attend a church where the pastor has to call for Donations just to pay the NEPA Bills monthly or fuel the Generator monthly, wont you be tired one day? Bearing in mind that most of these expenditures are re-current.

The truth here is that Tithes, First Fruits, Offerings (Donations), and the rest all come together to make enough funds available for all these things and many others I couldn't mention here, so that the pastor can focus on the issue of "Keeping the Flock" by nourishing them with the word of God. If you are a pastor, and you have to worry about payment of bills every month, tell me how composed you'll be to feed the flock of Christ with the word of truth? At least the Bible says "For Ye shall Know the Truth and the truth shall set you free" JOHN 8vs32. If no one reveals the truth to you, how would you know it? Remembering also that the Bible tells us not to despise the gathering of the brethren,  at least if we gather as a group, somebody must lead us na? - The Pastor.

JUST READ THIS QUOTE YOURSELF    ''
do you think your "Donations" alone is sufficient to cater for all these expenditures?

YOU UNDERMINE THE POWER OF GOD, IF NOT IF 300 GIDEONS ARMY COULD FACE 165,000 ASSYRIAN ARMY AND DEFEAT THEM, WHY CANT GOD PROVIDE CARE USING HIS ''TRUE WORSHIPPERS'' WHO ARE TIRELESS?

THE PROBLEM IS THAT TODAY PASTORS HAVE DEVIATED FROM JESUS WARNING,AND CHOOSE THEIR OWN WAYS, HOW DO I MEAN;

Mathew 7:13;

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

THE WAY TO TRUE LIFE(everlasting) AND UNFORTUNATELY 'FEW HONEST PEOPLE PLY THE ROAD''

I SORRY TO SAY THESE THAT ''GREED'' HAS LED MANY TO ''GO AGAINST THIS PRINCIPLE'' BUT TO ''MULTIPLY'' BECAUSE OF BIG MONEY DONATIONS''THEY COMPROMISED GODS STANDARD,THEY TARGET THE RICH WHO HAVE LITTLE OR NO REGARDS AT ALL FOR GODS  STANDARD,CELEBRATING 'FAILURES' LOOTERS. AND THE WORSE THEY OPPRESS THE POOR.

SAMUEL ASK SAUL WHEN SAUL RESERVE THE BEST ANIMAL FOR HIMSELF WHEN THE INSTRUCTION IS TO DESTROY ALL; read

1 Samuel 15:21,22

21 But the people took of the plunder, sheep and oxen, the best of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice to the Lord your God in Gilgal.”22 So Samuel said:

Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.

THE SAME THING IS BEING PRACTICE IN CHURCHES TODAY.

IT AMAZES ME WHEN PEOPLE DONT TALK OF ''GOOD CONCIENCE TOWARDS GOD IN ALL WE DO'',
SOME DONT CARE ''HOW(the process) THEY GOT THEIR MATERIAL RICHES'' BUT(the product matters)TO THEM

THEY CLAIMED IT IS GODS DOING, EVEN IF YOU OBTAIN WEALTH BY 'FRAUD' SO FAR YOU PRAY AND 'SOW' (according to the modern pastor) .

IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO GOD?

OR IS GOD BLIND TO SEE THOSE 'FRAUD' PROCESS?
Questions begging for answers,

'you cant mock God' 'he sees everything'
GODS TRUE WORSHIP CANNOT BE COMPROMISED.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by OnyeBabe1(f): 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
Tee_Jay:

Simple, use your money for whatever you like and leave me to waste use mine as i see fit. 
It is a free world dear, just stating my opinion
Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by BERNIMOORE: 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2012
''He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.''

DOES THIS ABOVE STATEMENT SUGGEST '' PUTTING CASH IN CHURCH,IN TURN INCREASE IN THE GIVERS FINANCIAL BUSINESSES''?ACCORDING TO TODAYS CONCEPT OF ''SOW''.
WHAT DO CHRISTIANS ‘SOW’? (is it cash ‘sowing’ for muiltiplication, or ‘sowing’ in spirit that includes generousity)

TO ANSWER THIS LETS SEE [color=#000099]WHAT CONSTITUTES THE BIBLE AND CHRIST-ERA 'SOWING' AS USED IN THE BIBLE; Pls read,
[/color]
Galatians 6:7-9

7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
NOTE,

{a} For he who ‘’sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption’’,
{b}‘’ he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life’’.

Galatians 5:19-21

{a1}
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

{b1}
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

APPLY [a] to[a1] and [b] to [b1] ANSWERS WHAT CONSTITUTES ‘’SOWING’’ AS USED IN THE PARAGRAPH DURING THE EARLY CHRISTIANS.

NOW,LETS SEE AND EXAMPLE OF A ‘CHEERFUL GIVER’ WHO ‘SOW BOUNTIFULLY AND WAS REWARDED BOUNTIFULLY.
ACTS 9:36-41;

36 At Joppa there was a certain disciple named Tabitha, which is translated Dorcas. This woman was full of good works and charitable deeds which she did. 37 But it happened in those days that she became sick and died. When they had washed her, they laid her in an upper room. 38 And since Lydda was near Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent two men to him, imploring him not to delay in coming to them. 39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he had come, they brought him to the upper room. And all the widows stood by him weeping, showing the tunics and garments which Dorcas had made while she was with them. 40 But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up. 41 Then he gave her his hand and lifted her up; and when he had called the saints and widows, he presented her alive.

Mathew 19-21;
Remember the young ruler was told by jesus to,

21, ‘’sell all ye have and distribute to the poor.and have treasures in heaven’’,

JESUS DID NOT ASK HIM TO TITHE OR ‘SOW’ THE CASH PROCEEDS BUT THAT HE SHOULD DISTRIBUTE IT DIRECTLY TO THE POOR,SIMPLE. AND THAT SHOWS ‘SOWING IN ‘SPIRIT OF KINDNESS’ WHICH IS NUMBER 5, OF [b1]above.

IT AMAZES ME WHEN PEOPLE DONT TALK OF ''GOOD CONCIENCE TOWARDS GOD IN ALL WE DO'',
SOME DONT CARE ''HOW(the process) THEY GOT THEIR MATERIAL RICHES'' BUT(the product matters)TO THEM

THEY CLAIMED IT IS GODS DOING, EVEN IF YOU OBTAIN WEALTH BY 'FRAUD' SO FAR YOU PRAY AND 'SOW' (according to the modern pastor) .

IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO GOD?

SUMMARY: CHRISTIANS ‘SOW’ IN SPIRIT(the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.)

THE SPIRIT MOTIVATES ACTIONS IN CHRISTIANS.
Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by BERNIMOORE: 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
[b]@REVOLUTNIS

''He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.''

DOES THIS ABOVE STATEMENT SUGGEST '' PUTTING CASH IN CHURCH,IN TURN INCREASE IN THE GIVERS FINANCIAL BUSINESSES''?ACCORDING TO TODAYS CONCEPT OF ''SOW''.
WHAT DO CHRISTIANS ‘SOW’? (is it cash ‘sowing’ for muiltiplication, or ‘sowing’ in spirit that includes generousity)

TO ANSWER THIS LETS SEE WHAT CONSTITUTES THE BIBLE AND CHRIST-ERA 'SOWING' AS USED IN THE BIBLE; Pls read,

Galatians 6:7-9

7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
NOTE,

{a} For he who ‘’sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption’’,
{b}‘’ he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life’’.

Galatians 5:19-21

{a1}
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

{b1}
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

APPLY [a] to[a1] and [b] to [b1] ANSWERS WHAT CONSTITUTES ‘’SOWING’’ AS USED IN THE PARAGRAPH DURING THE EARLY CHRISTIANS.

NOW,LETS SEE AND EXAMPLE OF A ‘CHEERFUL GIVER’ WHO ‘SOW BOUNTIFULLY AND WAS REWARDED BOUNTIFULLY.
ACTS 9:36-41;

36 At Joppa there was a certain disciple named Tabitha, which is translated Dorcas. This woman was full of good works and charitable deeds which she did. 37 But it happened in those days that she became sick and died. When they had washed her, they laid her in an upper room. 38 And since Lydda was near Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent two men to him, imploring him not to delay in coming to them. 39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he had come, they brought him to the upper room. And all the widows stood by him weeping, showing the tunics and garments which Dorcas had made while she was with them. 40 But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up. 41 Then he gave her his hand and lifted her up; and when he had called the saints and widows, he presented her alive.

Mathew 19-21;
Remember the young ruler was told by jesus to,

21, ‘’sell all ye have and distribute to the poor.and have treasures in heaven’’,

JESUS DID NOT ASK HIM TO TITHE OR ‘SOW’ THE CASH PROCEEDS BUT THAT HE SHOULD DISTRIBUTE IT DIRECTLY TO THE POOR,SIMPLE. AND THAT SHOWS ‘SOWING IN ‘SPIRIT OF KINDNESS’ WHICH IS NUMBER 5, OF [b1]above.

IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO GOD?

SUMMARY: CHRISTIANS ‘SOW’ IN SPIRIT(the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.)

THE SPIRIT MOTIVATES ACTIONS IN CHRISTIANS.

[/b]
Re: Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? by Diamond4all(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
What does giving to the poor or needy has to do with sowing seed to your pastor? If you are asking that, where is it in the bible that you should give to a man of God, why is the man of God your problem? Is He not a human being like every other human being; that can receive any good thing from someone just like every other person? Anyway, meditate on this scriptures
Galatians 6:6
But let him that is taught in the word
communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
1 corinthians 9:13-14
Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of
the things of the temple, and those who
serve at the altar partake of the offerings
of the altar? 14 Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the
gospel should live from the gospel.....
Have this in mind;
*Never think that those who give to the pastor don't give to those in need; they are the ones who give to the poor most. Why? Because giving is a 'spirit.' If you are selfish and stingy, those in need will still suffer having you around them.
*Don't get jealous about a pastor's riches and prosperity; if his labour hadn't transformed the lives of his brethren, they wouldn't have been so joyful to meet his financial needs.
*Never think every pastor is a thief -- whose goal is to defraud people, and don't have God's spirit.
*Your tithes, first fruits, and offerings, is to the church; for the development of the body of Christ, and for effective expansion in winning more souls to God. Giving to the poor is a different thing; and giving to your pastor is a different thing.
*Don't ever think or have a feeling that your pastor is using or depending on the church's account to earn a living.
See how this link can help: christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/f/pastorsalary.htm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What It Means To Fall From Grace - Joseph Prince / Spiritual Reasons And Solutions For Delay in Marriage Among Christian Singles / Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.