Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,898 members, 7,956,392 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran (1835 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / 12 Foods That Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw) Liked & Th / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by tbaba12345: 3:46am On Feb 05, 2012
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the Christians from Najran

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUvflclUfWo&feature=g-all-u&context=G2c345eaFAAAAAAAAAAA[/flash]
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 05, 2012
why cant islam be discussed without referencing christianity? Does islam exist purely as an antagonist of christianity?
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2012
davidylan:

why cant islam be discussed without referencing christianity? Does islam exist purely as an antagonist of christianity?

Impossible !!

Only the lie relies on the truth to stand up, alas we can all see ISLAM for what it is , an utter falsehood and master ploy by none other than SATAN himself , to destroy the souls of men.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by LagosShia: 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2012
davidylan:

quite to the contrary.

it is a fact whether you agree to it or not that Islam and christianity have shared things in common.so the exchanges and interactions do not stem out of antagonism.we have seen in the recent and the past how muslims and christians have cordial relations.

antagonism is what you see the christian missionaries doing and you wannabes on nairaland copying without even thinking out of hatred for islam.we see the "god-fearing" missionaries and "lovers" of Jesus (as) spending millions to spread hate materials and concoted stories and lies against Islam.the question is why dont these missionaries spend all these money and time to feed the poor and needy even in muslim countries in form of aid and build bridges and peace between the two religions? rather they prefer increasing hate and creating tension to boiling point levels.that is evil.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by LagosShia: 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2012
frosbel:

Impossible !!

Only the lie relies on the truth to stand up, alas we can all see ISLAM for what it is , an utter falsehood and master ploy by none other than SATAN himself , to destroy the souls of men.

frosbel,since we are discussing about the Christians from Najran and their interaction with the Prophet Muhammad (sa),let me bring up a thread i started a while back on the Event of Mubahilah that took place:

"The Event Of Mubahila:Surrender Of The Christians To The Prophet Muhammad (sa)"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836589.0.html
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2012
LagosShia:

quite to the contrary.

it is a fact whether you agree to it or not that Islam and christianity have shared things in common.so the exchanges and interactions do not stem out of antagonism.we have seen in the recent and the past how muslims and christians have cordial relations.

this is quite odd.
1. That christianity and islam "share things in common" is not "fact" but a delusion of mohammad.
2. christianity and judaism share a lot more in common, i dont see jews constantly braying about christianity neither do i see christians bleating loudly about the jews.
3. Islam relies PURELY on casting itself as a foil to christianity. for example it is virtually impossible for a muslim to discuss his religion WITHOUT contrasting it with christianity. Why?
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Sweetnecta: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
@Frosbel: #2 on: Today at 12:19:24 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: davidylan on Today at 03:58:23 AM

Impossible !!

Only the lie relies on the truth to stand up, alas we can all see ISLAM for what it is , an utter falsehood and master ploy by none other than SATAN himself , to destroy the souls of men.[/Quote]What is the lie here; Muslims worship like Jesus and other previous prophets worshiped and prayed by falling on our faces. But you can not fall on your face except that you go through these motions in the front end or the back end; standing, bending as in bowing, hands and knees and feet on the ground along with the face? Then what is the truth here; Christian do not fall on their faces to pray and worship Jehovah because Jesus who is the one they imitate always sign and dance and clap hands while the band is playing? Ellah is not God, but Jesus is the all powerful God Jehovah? My reference in supporting the christian position are the two verses from the Bible so that we can know that Islam is anti Jesus, and it is a fraud. “During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission” (Hebrews 5 v 7). Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." [Matthew 26 verse 39].

Let me coast the christians along. Just maybe there is a man that will bite among them.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Frosbel: #2 on: Today at 12:19:24 PM »What is the lie here; Muslims worship like Jesus and other previous prophets worshiped and prayed by falling on our faces. But you can not fall on your face except that you go through these motions in the front end or the back end; standing, bending as in bowing, hands and knees and feet on the ground along with the face? Then what is the truth here; Christian do not fall on their faces to pray and worship Jehovah because Jesus who is the one they imitate always sign and dance and clap hands while the band is playing? Ellah is not God, but Jesus is the all powerful God Jehovah? My reference in supporting the christian position are the two verses from the Bible so that we can know that Islam is anti Jesus, and it is a fraud. “During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission” (Hebrews 5 v 7). Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." [Matthew 26 verse 39].

Let me coast the christians along. Just maybe there is a man that will bite among them.

this is frankly dishonest and stup[i]i[/i]d. Sango worshippers also fall on their faces to worship, are they muslims too? Its unbelievable the puerile lengths muslims will go to co-opt christianity into their fraud of a religion.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by 2good(m): 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2012
Both christianity and Islam cannot stand without accusing every other religion on earth that negates their believes and teachings. They are the 2 most intolerant religion on earth. Main observable difference is that few muslims are involved in terrorist activities thus creating a very bad name for the tolerant ones where as most christians are very arrogant and want to force their believes and teachings on non christians by force, atleast in Nigeria. The discrimination against non christians by christians is worst than discrimination against non muslims by muslims in Nigeria
But in Europe, everybody mind their business that is why it is a religiously peaceful continent
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2012
2good:

Both christianity and Islam cannot stand without accusing every other religion on earth that negates their believes and teachings. They are the 2 most intolerant religion on earth. Main observable difference is that few muslims are involved in terrorist activities thus creating a very bad name for the tolerant ones where as most christians are very arrogant and want to force their believes and teachings on non christians by force, atleast in Nigeria. The discrimination against non christians by christians is worst than discrimination against non muslims by muslims in Nigeria
But in Europe, everybody mind their business that is why it is a religiously peaceful continent

That's after running away from previous posts. grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by 2good(m): 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
frosbel:

That's after running away from previous posts. grin

Not ready for arguments per say. Just expressing my views based on what I experienced, atleast I was in Nigeria in between December 2011 and January 2012, and the level of intolerance I experienced from my immediate christian family and closed friends, shows that we have bigger problem than we think in Africa. All you need to get people approval and likeness from people is to be very dedicated in church and every other thing you do doesn't matter. You deeds and true character just doesnt count.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Sweetnecta: 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2012
@Frosbel: Can you handle this?

The Aramaic Name for God - Elah
www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Elah/elah.htm

http://www.discoveringislam.org/allah.htm

I want Yahweh or Jehovah or Adonia, eg to be computed out from HAlleluyah

And since the letters of Aramaic are not the same as greek or roman, I say Yaa[h] Allah[u]

Its the sound, mehn.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by LagosShia: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2012
davidylan:

this is quite odd.
1. That christianity and islam "share things in common" is not "fact" but a delusion of mohammad.
the so called "delusion" of Muhammad (sa) have earned Jesus (as) the respect and honor of more than a billion people on earth.

while all the miracles and prophesies of Jesus (as) himself could not make the jews (presently about 14 million worldwide) to believe in him.they even accuse his mother of a very detestable thing.and you claim to share things with them in common? dont they regard Jesus (as) as a false teacher and an impostor?

2. christianity and judaism share a lot more in common, i dont see jews constantly braying about christianity neither do i see christians bleating loudly about the jews.
other than Jesus (as) being a jew and christians using jewish scriptures to validate their beliefs (which the jews themselves interprete differently),what commonality is there between the jewish religion and christianity?

3. Islam relies PURELY on casting itself as a foil to christianity. for example it is virtually impossible for a muslim to discuss his religion WITHOUT contrasting it with christianity. Why?
not true sir.that is mostly done when the christian tries to use Jesus (as) as his preaching commodity.they always give us the "Jesus loves you" brainwashing and publicity.so that is why you see the muslim always trying to tell you that Jesus (as) in fact loves the muslims more and we love him more. we do not call him "lord" and definitely we muslims will not be among those Jesus (as) is reported in the new testament to reject when they meet him declaring to them "i know you not"!!!
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Sweetnecta: 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2012
[Quote] Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran
« #7 on: Today at 05:17:16 PM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 04:13:40 PM
@Frosbel: #2 on: Today at 12:19:24 PM »What is the lie here; Muslims worship like Jesus and other previous prophets worshiped and prayed by falling on our faces. But you can not fall on your face except that you go through these motions in the front end or the back end; standing, bending as in bowing, hands and knees and feet on the ground along with the face? Then what is the truth here; Christian do not fall on their faces to pray and worship Jehovah because Jesus who is the one they imitate always sign and dance and clap hands while the band is playing? Ellah is not God, but Jesus is the all powerful God Jehovah? My reference in supporting the christian position are the two verses from the Bible so that we can know that Islam is anti Jesus, and it is a fraud. “During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission” (Hebrews 5 v 7). Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." [Matthew 26 verse 39].

this is frankly dishonest and stupid. Sango worshippers also fall on their faces to worship, [b]are they muslims too?[/b] Its unbelievable the puerile lengths muslims will go to co-opt christianity into their fraud of a religion.[/Quote]As long as you will accept that they and Jesus worship the same God since they do the same thing, then its your issue. Imagine you worshiping the one who worshiped sango?! Did Jesus have any power? No. He was powerless like you or I. Did Jesus worshiped as in praying for help? Yes. Like I do, too. If anyone worships Jesus who worshiped God, what will you call the worshiper of Jesus? Idolaters. Thats what you are, mister. Deal with it and if you die in this state of idolatry, paradise will be forbidden to you.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2012
Sweetnecta:

As long as you will accept that they and Jesus worship the same God since they do the same thing, then its your issue. Imagine you worshiping the one who worshiped sango?! [b]Did Jesus have any power? No. He was powerless like you [/b]or I. Did Jesus worshiped as in praying for help? Yes. Like I do, too. If anyone worships Jesus who worshiped God, what will you call the worshiper of Jesus? Idolaters. Thats what you are, mister. Deal with it and if you die in this state of idolatry, paradise will be forbidden to you.

He had no power, yet the Quran mentioned his miraculous birth and subsequent miraculous power, even to the point that he did not die, but is with God and will be coming soon.

Now, we cannot really say the same about Muhammad , can we now ?

We now know who has the real power.

Jesus is Lord, say Amen to that.

There is nothing you can do about , rail , rage, yell and burden yourself about it, nothing changes the situation on the ground, if you refuse to repent of your sins, you will surely perish.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 06, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Frosbel: Can you handle this?

The Aramaic Name for God - Elah
www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Elah/elah.htm

http://www.discoveringislam.org/allah.htm

I want Yahweh or Jehovah or Adonia, eg to be computed out from HAlleluyah

And since the letters of Aramaic are not the same as greek or roman, I say Yaa[h] Allah[u]

Its the sound, mehn.

Re: Prophet Muhammad (saw) And The Christians From Najran by Sweetnecta: 3:08am On Feb 06, 2012
@Frosbel; « #14 on: Yesterday at 09:45:45 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 08:00:59 PM
As long as you will accept that they and Jesus worship the same God since they do the same thing, then its your issue. Imagine you worshiping the one who worshiped sango?! Did Jesus have any power? No. He was powerless like you or I. Did Jesus worshiped as in praying for help? Yes. Like I do, too. If anyone worships Jesus who worshiped God, what will you call the worshiper of Jesus? Idolaters. Thats what you are, mister. Deal with it and if you die in this state of idolatry, paradise will be forbidden to you.

He had no power, yet the Quran mentioned his miraculous birth[/Quote]Allah creates man in many ways; Adam without any birth. Eve from a piece of Adam. Children of Adam from sex. Jesus without sex. Many test tube babies, from laboratory dish.

[Quote] and subsequent miraculous power,[/Quote]No. He said he cant do anything in the Bible. Allah says Jesus is a slave in the Quran. Which one flies over your head? lol.

[Quote] even to the point that he did not die,[/Quote]Because Allah saved him from the plots of his enemies. Glory belongs to Allah. Yet no thanks did your hard heart offers.

[Quote] but is with God and will be coming soon.[/Quote]2,000 years plus and still counting. and you will not accept the much sooner appearance of the another comforter as right time? shame on you for using soon after 2,000 years and no end in sight, while you scoffed at mere 610!

[Quote]Now, we cannot really say the same about Muhammad , can we now ?[/Quote]There is no controversy there, like we do not have for Enoch, Noah, Abraham the Personal Friend of Ellah, Moses who Jesus had to follow his laws, John the greatest prophet that ever appeared in Israel. How about Melchizedek?

[Quote]We now know who has the real power.[/Quote]Allah the Al Jabbar. We already know that Jesus said he can do nothing of his own power. Are you going to sell him power from Enron?

[Quote]Jesus is Lord, say Amen to that.[/Quote]The lord that fall on his face to God. The same lords in the british house of lords.

[Quote]There is nothing you can do about , rail , rage, yell and burden yourself about it,[/Quote]So can you about Muhammad [as]

[Quote] nothing changes the situation on the ground, if you refuse to repent of your sins, you will surely perish.[/Quote]You wait and i will wait. There is a day of Judgment. I pray that you do not enter jahannam. But if it is your choice by refusing to enter Jannah, wait the video of Sheikh Shuaib Webb about Surah Lumazah. its on youtube, mehn.

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Desires - Nouman Ali Khan - Quran Weekly / Barka Jumat To All Muslims. / Is Allah Also The God Of Israel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.