Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape (10360 Views)

Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK / Police Arrest Six Waterway Robbers For Rape / Olaoluwa Ibrahim Jailed In London For Rape, To Be Deported After Serving Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by dayokanu(m): 5:08am On Feb 06, 2012
Ediwn Njoku, the East Hartford doctor accused of sexually assaulting a patient in his exam room, remains in jail after facing a judge on Wednesday and his license has been suspended.

Njoku was charged with sexual assault in the first degree, two counts of sexual assault in the fourth degree, bribery of a witness and unlawful restraint in the first degree.

Investigators are working around the clock to find potential victims. Police tell NBC Connecticut they have no doubt he attacked the woman who prompted the criminal investigation.

“He is very dangerous,” said Anolan Drago, the alleged victim who turned him in last October.

She told police that she had gone to see Dr. Njoku, an internist, and he forcefully had sexual intercourse with her against her will in his examination room.

[size=18pt]“He grabbed my breast and I pushed him away. I said, 'What are you doing?” Drago said.

She claimed that’s when Dr. Njoku got more aggressive, took off her clothes and beat her up.[/size]

“I felt so violated. I don’t trust doctors no more,” Drago said.

When Drago finally escaped the building, she said she took a bus to Hartford Hospital and made the complaint.

Court documents say an exam showed Dr. Njoku’s DNA was found on her body.

Investigators told NBC Connecticut that Njoku has denied everything.

“Somebody’s got to speak out, how many women has he molested? How many women has he raped and they didn’t speak up or say anything and didn’t call the cops,” Drago said.

When Dr. Njoku learned that his patient made a complaint, he contacted her, in an apparent attempt to get her to withdraw her complaint, police said.

The case against Dr. Njoku has East Hartford Police working overtime.

Over 24 hours, nearly two dozen victims called their office with a very similar story to tell, police said.

“It's apparent the doctor victimized people. He targeted people who were vulnerable, and he used different means to leverage them so he could take advantage of them,” said Lt. Curt Stoldt.

Police added they will hold Dr. Njoku accountable for his alleged wrongdoing, and the pain he might have caused for women who trusted they would be safe in his care.

Dr. Njoku has other offices in Windsor and Hartford. Police in Hartford said he’s a suspect in another case, where a patient claimed she was attacked in 2009.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/License-Suspended-for-Doctor-Charged-With-Assault-Report-138652949.html

Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by saintneo(m): 6:19am On Feb 06, 2012
dayokanu:

She told police that she had gone to see Dr. Njoku, an internist, and he forcefully had intimate intercourse with her against her will in his examination room.

[size=18pt]“He grabbed my bosom and I pushed him away. I said, 'What are you doing?” Drago said.

She claimed that’s when Dr. Njoku got more aggressive, took off her clothes and beat her up.[/size]

[size=18pt]Court documents say an exam showed Dr. Njoku’s DNA was found on her body.

Investigators told NBC Connecticut that Njoku has denied everything.
[/size]

I don't want to believe this nonsense. Whenever a man of prominence especially of Black race is involved. There will always be witnesses and other victims, usually fake. Staying in oyibo land is very difficult.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Rhino4dm: 6:51am On Feb 06, 2012
The Igbos are known savages and crude aggressors. Believe what ever you want to, the man is an animal. Let the music be played to him in a slowly reverse mode.

Should this case be in Nigerian, packs of monkeys would have flooded this thread with "marginalization", "victimazation" blah blah. Was it not here we saw Abia State governor defending the ABSU gang banngers even with a video of their sordid acts posted on internet?? Abegi make we hia sontin!!

I hope he gets multiple life sentence. Surely, the beast must be tamed.

saintneo:

[s]I don't want to believe this nonsense. Whenever a man of prominence especially of Black race is involved. There will always be witnesses and other victims, usually fake. Staying in oyibo land is very difficult.[/s]
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by BlackPikiN(m): 7:05am On Feb 06, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

The[b] Igbos[/b] are known savages and crude aggressors. Believe what ever you want to, the man is an animal. Let the music be played to him in a slowly reverse mode.

Should this case be in Nigerian, packs of monkeys would have flooded this thread with "marginalization", "victimazation" blah blah. Was it not here we saw Abia State governor defending the ABSU gang banngers even with a video of their sordid acts posted on internet?? Abegi make we hia sontin!!

I hope he gets multiple life sentence. Surely, the beast must be tamed.

I can pull so many threads about your ethnic group.
From your former president to your Oba to your house.

You scum sh/it.

You still insane, right?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Lasinoh: 7:12am On Feb 06, 2012
I am sorry. . . The woman is lying!
The ho-rny biatch offered her poohsie to him and he fell for it!
He beat her up and forced her to have se-x with him during office hours? undecided
Na lie!
Stoopid man.
These men do not ever learn.

[size=20pt]Court documents say an exam showed Dr. Njoku’s DNA was found on her body.[/size]

How did his 'akamu' get on her? undecided

Hmmmm!!!! Lewinsky don carry akamu from mouth put for nyansh!!! Chei!!!! cheesy
What an upper level skank! Twa!!!!
Anyway, whom do you blame?

This is unthinkable. How can someone just work so hard and destroy everything he has built with one careless act? undecided
Because of poohsie? angry Pooshie wey full for any downtown for USA? undecided

Abeg, this nor be tribalism matter. Igbo or Yoruba. . . the woman is lying.
I blame the doctor for not having another female present during ALL examinations the opposite se-x.
It shows he must have been sleeping with his patients for free services in the past.

Awobi!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Rhino4dm: 7:21am On Feb 06, 2012
. . .And how does that help in freeing the animal in that cage?

The time you spent stalking me around would have been useful to you, if directed to your fellow coons that started all this tribal supremacy bullsh!t. Or you just wished i stop attacking your people while mine is always recieving the heat from  you? You are a real joker!!! Lai lai!!!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Rhino4dm: 7:26am On Feb 06, 2012
All of a sudden you became a preacher. shocked shocked.

Lasinoh:

I am sorry. . . The woman is lying!
The ho-rny biatch offered her poohsie to him and he fell for it!
He beat her up and forced her to have se-x with him during office hours? undecided
Na lie!
Stoopid man.
These men do not ever learn.

How did his 'akamu' get on her? undecided

This is unthinkable. How can someone just work so hard and destroy everything he has built with one careless act? undecided

Abeg, this nor be tribalism matter. Igbo or Yoruba. . . the woman is lying.
I blame the doctor for not having another female present during ALL examinations the opposite se-x.
It shows he must have been sleeping with his patients for free services in the past.

Awobi!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Lasinoh: 7:34am On Feb 06, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

All of a sudden you became a preacher. shocked shocked.

THIS IS CLEARLY NOT A R-APE CASE!
You think everyone is a rabid tribalist like you?
Did you even bother to read the story?
It does not matter where the man came from. . . if he were Yoruba or Bini or Hausa. . . my response would have been the same.
Each case is different. Please, learn a thing or two.
At least some of us are sane enough to take a break from insanity.
We tenk God! cool

Any hope for you or DayoKanu? I am not holding my breath. kiss
Na Yoruba website be dis. No surprises there. kiss
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Rhino4dm: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2012
Hmm. Never knew you are now appointed as the District Attorney.

The GREATEST USA citizens should not be caught framing people as you suggested or what do ya think??

Lasinoh:

THIS IS CLEARLY NOT A R-APE CASE!
You think everyone is a rabid tribalist like you? shocked
Did you even bother to read the story?
It does not matter where the man came from. . . if he were Yoruba or Bini or Hausa. . . my response would have been the same.
Each case is different. Please, learn a thing or two.
At least some of us are sane enough to take a break from insanity.
We tenk God! cool

Any hope for you or DayoKanu? I am not holding my breath. kiss
Na Yoruba website be dis. No surprises there. kiss
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Ndata(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2012
Don't mind Rhino.dm guy he  is beginning to sound like a empty barrel with all his bigotory.No logic in his arguements,no lessons just empty and full of hate.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Rhino4dm: 8:58am On Feb 06, 2012
^
Comot from my front, had enough of big pusssy already.

what logic were you expecting from somebody responding to bigots other than hate filled comments? were you expecting me to shower praises?? are you this dumb to understand that those comments are specifically made to anger the bigots running a free-styled madness? undecided

we can all have peace!. Dont expect me to be stil, when your packs of green monkeys are insulting my people. embarassed

The job is dirty, but somebody got to it!! cool
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by ronkebp(f): 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2012
Are the doctors not supposed to have camera's in their offices
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2012
Im amazed that they dont have cameras in their office
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by fred2265: 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2012
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2012
The Igbos are known savages and crude aggressors. Believe what ever you want to, the man is an animal. Let the music be played to him in a slowly reverse mode.

This statement is pathetic!!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by manny4life(m): 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2012
Amazing, to be honest, I sure don't believe this thrash, Rape victims often hard a hard time proving their case because it's often con-sexual, they found DNA yet they did not find any bodily hurt, scratch, bruise etc, Please, the man should hire a top defense attorney from the TOP 10 and have the judge dismiss the case. Obviously, the Dr. crossed the professional ethics boundary by sleeping with patients. Talk about other victims, not until this, they are coming out in their horde accusing the man, ain't that some real sh.it? I'm sure if they hire a private investigator, I'm almost certain that these "alleged accusers" are somehow interconnected.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by ronkebp(f): 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
dayokanu:

Im amazed that they dont have cameras in their office

Without the cameras, there is little that can be done, the camera would have helped to vindicate him. and that is only if he is innocent.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2012
Another One? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Pennywise(m): 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2012
Whao. This guy chose the wrong country for this kind of thing. When America is done with him there will be not a single redeeming moment in a life spent looking after others.

If this had happened in the UK he gets no more than 5yrs watching TV and doing internet browsing in a men's hostel out of which he gets to serve not more than 2 and half years. I hear records can be expunged after 15yrs-like it never happened.

In America you are only half way through your sentence for a crime like this.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by manny4life(m): 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2012
ronkebp:

Without the cameras, there is little that can be done, the camera would have helped to vindicate him. and that is only if he is innocent.

More reason why it will work in his favor if he has a good attorney, There was no evidence of "force" other than his DNA, they are both adults, this is con-sexual sex, period. Come on now, if he really forced and ATTACKED her, were you lying on the table saying "oh yeah, harder, give it to me " OR where you fighting, resisting his attack?  undecided undecided undecided He probably told her that she would end up paying her own bill, she got angry and stormed out,
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by ekwynwa: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
This Njoku must have a yiba-ara friend who must have influenced badly, remember that incest and promiscuity runs freely in Yiba-ara their DNA.

[b]Us Arraigns Nigerian Nurse For handling Patient
« on: Yesterday at 07:50:42 PM »
US arraigns Nigerian nurse for handling patient
February 6, 2012 by Agency Reporter 6 Comments
A former Wishard nursing assistant accused of handling a patient and videotaping it appeared in an Indianapolis court on Tuesday. The judge appointed a public defender and entered a “not guilty” plea on his behalf.
But police said the evidence against Folajuwani Ajayi pointed to guilt. His immigration status, though, could help him avoid jail term.
Ajayi is scheduled to face trial for one felony and two misdemeanor charges on April 2.
But court documents indicated while working at Wishard Memorial Hospital, the certified nursing assistant fondled an unconscious inmate being treated in the hospital’s detention area and videotaped it.
According to the probable cause affidavit, Ajayi’s cell phone video showed “a black male remove the clothing material around the female patient” and fondled her Core area.
Police said a fumbling Ajayi accidentally video-taped his Wishard-issued ID card that hung around his neck. The court document said the video showed Ajayi’s name and the title care tech.
“It’s always disturbing when someone in a position of trust violates that trust,” said Eric Schmadeke, Marion County deputy prosecutor.
Ajayi holds resident alien status. Police and prosecutors have alerted Immigration and Customs Enforcement leaders.
But Schmadeke said investigation was only beginning.
There were 40,000 pictures and 17 videos on Ajayi’s cell phone. Investigators are trying to identify the women in every image, find them and interview them. If and when they do, Ajayi could face many more charges.
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by ade80: 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2012
manny4life:

Amazing, to be honest, I sure don't believe this thrash, violation victims often hard a hard time proving their case because it's often con-intimate, they found DNA yet they did not find any bodily hurt, scratch, bruise etc, Please, the man should hire a top defense attorney from the TOP 10 and have the judge dismiss the case. Obviously, the Dr. crossed the professional ethics boundary by sleeping with patients. Talk about other victims, not until this, they are coming out in their horde accusing the man, ain't that some real sh.it? I'm sure if they hire a private investigator, I'm almost certain that these "alleged accusers" are somehow interconnected.

The doctor should have followed the standard practice of having a female nurse in the room while he examined the patient.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Pennywise(m): 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2012
dayokanu:

Court documents say an exam showed Dr. Njoku’s DNA was found on her body.

Does that mean that this doctor didnt use a condom. Or did he remove his condom and sprayed some 'genetic material' on his victim?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2012
Pennywise:

Does that mean that this doctor didnt use a condom. Or did he remove his condom and sprayed some 'genetic material' on his victim?

DNA material might be se-men, might be pubic hair entangled, might be anything
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by ekwynwa: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2012
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Pennywise(m): 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2012
I have to say I feel sorry for the gentleman. He looks fine and as a doc in America he must earn good money. Meaning he can have his choice of women. It is difficult to fathom how a woman who comes to an office for help is being forced into Being Intimate. Did anyone hear her scream for help? Did they have a previous encounter as in a relationship?

Sadly when cases like this come up in court, the accused is guilty until proven innocent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by manny4life(m): 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2012
ade_77:

The doctor should have followed the standard practice of having a female nurse in the room while he examined the patient.

Yeah, just like I stated before he did not follow standard practice, neither did he apply rules of professional ethics , You do not sleep with your patients to avoid conflicts of interest. On one part, he's as guilty but on the issue of rape, I DO NOT AGREE.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by blackboi(m): 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
Seks palava! I fink mr. satan needs  to start subsidizing kitty for the fork-addicts  grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Mobinga: 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2012
The thread itself is worse than the news.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by ronkebp(f): 6:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
Who knows if he was having a relationship with her and he was trying to break-off the relationship and she is using the rap3 accusation to get back at him.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by HighChief5: 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2012
A former Wishard nursing assistant accused of handling a patient and videotaping it appeared in an Indianapolis court on Tuesday. The judge appointed a public defender and entered a “not guilty” plea on his behalf.

But police said the evidence against Folajuwani Ajayi pointed to guilt. His immigration status, though, could help him avoid jail term.

Ajayi is scheduled to face trial for one felony and two misdemeanor charges on April 2.

But court documents indicated while working at Wishard Memorial Hospital, the certified nursing assistant fondled an unconscious inmate being treated in the hospital’s detention area and videotaped it.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Ajayi’s cell phone video showed “a black male remove the clothing material around the female patient” and fondled her Core area.

Police said a fumbling Ajayi accidentally video-taped his Wishard-issued ID card that hung around his neck. The court document said the video showed Ajayi’s name and the title care tech.

“It’s always disturbing when someone in a position of trust violates that trust,” said Eric Schmadeke, Marion County deputy prosecutor.

Ajayi holds resident alien status. Police and prosecutors have alerted Immigration and Customs Enforcement leaders.

But Schmadeke said investigation was only beginning.

There were 40,000 pictures and 17 videos on Ajayi’s cell phone. Investigators are trying to identify the women in every image, find them and interview them. If and when they do, Ajayi could face many more charges.

PUNCHNG
http://www.punchng.com/news/us-arraigns-nigerian-nurse-for-handling-patient/

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=863862.0;num_replies=29

I wonder why i didnt see most guys on that thread.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Arraigned For Rape by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2012
It is professional wrong for doctor to have sexual relations with patients in office or hospital,even if there is mutual consent.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSCDC Parades 2 Suspects For Attempting To Sell Unhealthy Cow Meat In Kogi / David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week / 2 Sons Kidnap 74-yr-Old Father, Demand N5m Ransom!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.