Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

First Wife Or Never - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / First Wife Or Never (977 Views)

Unveiling Alaafin Of Oyo's FIRST Wife + Their 58-year Love Story / Nigerian Men And The '2nd Wife Or More' - Culture Or Modern Day Infildelity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Wife Or Never by Scopium: 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2007
I hear that a time will come when seven women will run to a man begging to just answer his last name as his wives, but right now the woman are still very choosy. You hear stuff like I can never be second wife for anybody lai lai. Why didn't he see me first. Then the other group says I can't let my husband marry another wife, it will never happen. Whether you like it or nor not QUE SERA CERA! whatever will be will be. So guys and ladies what's your take on this?
Re: First Wife Or Never by ssRhino: 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2007
Scopium, is this your way of saying you wanna marry a second wife?
Just be open and i will help you beg dem sistas to give you a chance.
Re: First Wife Or Never by Ivvie: 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2007
It's true, the time is going to come. It'll be in different manifestations.
Re: First Wife Or Never by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2007
Scopium:

I hear that a time will come when seven women will run to a man begging to just answer his last name as his wives, but right now the woman are still very choosy. You hear stuff like I can never be second wife for anybody lai lai. Why didn't he see me first. Then the other group says I can't let my husband marry another wife, it will never happen. Whether you like it or nor not QUE SERA CERA! whatever will be will be. So guys and ladies what's your take on this?

Where did you get the story of the time you claim one woman will want to be seventh wife?? Fill us in
Re: First Wife Or Never by Ivvie: 3:33am On Oct 21, 2007
The book of Isaiah!
Re: First Wife Or Never by Seun(m): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2007
From a bible verse yanked millions of light years out of context. Should be ignored.
Re: First Wife Or Never by Seun(m): 11:26am On Oct 21, 2007
Why would 7 men want to marry one man unless the man is a billionaire? Answer: no reason.
Re: First Wife Or Never by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2007
Hmm, I'm no advocate of polygammy, and I can't imagine myself having more than one wife.

So yes, women have the right to their choice, of wanting to be the one and only wife.
Re: First Wife Or Never by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 21, 2007
Seun:

Why would 7 men want to marry one man unless the man is a billionaire? Answer: no reason.

Was the first meant to be women, Seun?
Re: First Wife Or Never by Kobojunkie: 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2007
Ivvie:

The book of Isaiah!

So the Book of Isaiah interpreted by the Poster to mean this I know the verses in question from Isaiah , I just did not expect someone who posts such as the PoSTer did up there to actually claim the Bible is his source. LMAO , You take something from the book and Isaiah and you somehow think that is what IS TO COME?? @POSTER
Re: First Wife Or Never by Ivvie: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2007
The bible did not say a man would be married to 7 women, it said the time is coming when 7 women would approach a man and the least they are asking for is to bear his last name. To avoid reproach. Some men may take advantage of it, polygamy would not be the issue of the minds of the women as long as they bear the man's name. It's slowly manifesting today. The women claimed that they'd eat their own bread and wear their own apparell. Meaning, they'd make their own living and dress the way they want (no commitment nor unity) just to bear a name. Today's marriage, men and women do things differently with seperate jobs and aren't dependent on their husbands as suppliers. It's slowly coming to pass. Women marry late now compared to decades back.

Seun, you are in your twenties, the bible has been for ages. It would be stupid of you not to regard nor acknowledge it. It was there before you and will be there ever after you die. Majority of the people on earth can't be stupid to believe in it and you single yourself out and follow doctrines of atheists and activists. That's just my two cents to you. I know you as an intelligent individual but a fool is known when he speaks. Don't bring yourself to that level. If you haven't experienced the power of the bible or have questions about the authority of the bible, ask God about it and seek for a
an answer. Be in expectation of it. God answers! He isn't dumb. Don't go around talking about light-years that physics can't lay claim on realisticly.
Re: First Wife Or Never by ifyalways(f): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2007
go ahead and mary seven wives and see if you wud not die seven years earlier. tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robber Burnt To Death / Fire Razes Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace / Have You Ever Experienced Tyre Burst When Carrying Mortar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.