Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Character Help For Keyboard - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Character Help For Keyboard (764 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / I Need Help For My Modem! / Toshiba L640 Driver Help For Windows 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Character Help For Keyboard by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
Whenever i press the shift key and then (') in order to get the @ sign i get ("wink appearing instead. This causes me to have to press the shift key and then the number 2 key in order to get the @ sign. How do i fix this so that when i press shift and (') key i get @ as was originally meant for the purpose of the keys?
Re: Character Help For Keyboard by Mobinga: 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2012
Go to Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Keyboards and Language -> Click the Change Keyboard button -> Set it to US.
Re: Character Help For Keyboard by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
it didnt work because it was already on US.
Re: Character Help For Keyboard by Maleeq(m): 10:14am On Feb 07, 2012
@jacobscros

Just like Mobinga said:
For XP,
[list]
[li]Go to Control Panel[/li]
[li]Select Regional And Language Options[/li]
[li]Select the "Languages" tab[/li]
[li]Under the[b] "Text services and input Languages"[/b], select "Details"[/li]
[li]Under the "Installed Services", click "Add" and select "English (United Kingdom)" [/li]
[li]Still on that window, no select the drop down under "Default Input Language" and pick the United Kingdom option.[/li]
[li]Click on "apply", and Ok and then try out your keyboard. [/li]
[/list]

For Win7
[list]
[li]Go to Control Panel Home[/li]
[li]Select "Region And Language"[/li]
[li]Select "Keyboards and languages" tab in the window that opens up[/li]
[li]Click on "Change Keyboards"[/li]
[li]Under the "Installed Services", click "Add" and select "English (United Kingdom)" [/li]
[li]Still on that window, no select the drop down under "Default Input Language" and pick the United Kingdom option.[/li]
[li]Click on "apply", and Ok and then try out your keyboard. [/li]
[/list]

Cheers

PS: You may need to restart your PC for the change to take effect.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Laptop Charger / Scam Of Life: Seethe New Method Yahoo Boys Are Using To Get Your Details Scam Of / I Need Old Cobranet Moderm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.