Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows (1130 Views)

Jigawa Donates Goats To 8,000 Widows / Insecurity; Kano Streets Get Security Cameras / Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2012
As part of measures to ensure sustainable peace and reduce social tension in the state, the Kano State government has planned to marry off 1,000 widows any time from now.

This was revealed by Malam Aminu Daurawa, commander-general of the state Hisba Board, at the command's office on Sharada Road in Kano metropolis.

He said that the measure is aimed, among others, at making young men become more responsible to themselves and to the society, "and is going to be sustained," he said.

This is coming on the heels of the havoc wrought on the state by the attacks of Boko Haram during which over 200 lives were lost recently.

LEADERSHIP can authoritatively report that the state's authorities, leading members of the ulama and many individuals are already waxing spiritual, engaging in constant prayers as well as applying economic and social measures aimed at tackling the ills that might have brought the prevailing situation in the state.

Many community leaders told LEADERSHIP that they have resolved to do all they could to ensure the return of peace, vowing to exploit the huge advantages inherent in diversity to live in peace with one another.

Yesterday, a special prayer was held at the premises of the Hisbah Commission towards having a lasting peace in the state. Similarly, some groups have resolved to support the state government in the actualisation of the report it received from a consultative forum which made far-reaching recommendations that would eventually stem out security challenges in the state.

For its part, the state government has stepped up efforts to comply with the report of the committee it set up to look into the security challeges and advise the government on the way forward.

Read the rest Here
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by efisher(m): 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
What an unbelievably retrogressive culture!
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by dustydee: 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2012
efisher:

What an unbelievably retrogressive culture!
whose culture? This shows you where our so called leaders have their priorities. Instead od creating jobs they are busy compounding the problem. How will the men feed their wives and children?
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2012
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by Arosa(m): 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
pictures please, so I can apply. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by solihu(m): 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
Frosbel I can see you are displaying your wares as usual. Topic is so funny!
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by Obiagu1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
Arosa:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by Rgp92: 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
Arosa:

I agreed!! Need pictures.
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by Chyz2: 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2012
Can I get one? smiley
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2012
i first.

na me first talk oooo

Frosbel no do Ojoro.

I have the first option
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by ASOROCKb(m): 8:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
diluminati:

Laughing at nigerians comfusion. What a country, huh?
God Bless Biafra!
Lol@naira
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by icez: 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
Arosa:

grin grin
Re: Nigeria: Insecurity - Kano Plans To Marry Off 1,000 Widows by isalegan2: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2012
dayokanu:

i first.

na me first talk oooo

Frosbel no do Ojoro.

I have the first option

You prob will get to the head of line since you speak Hausa. lol

(1) (Reply)

Charles Airhiavbere Emerged As The Pdp Gubernatorial Candidate. / Nigeria: Boko Haram Runs PDP Out Of Borno / Babangida To Northern Governors:north Must Unite Against Any Southern Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.