Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? (1561 Views)

Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? / Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2012
Recall from our last article that a Christian is a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ who is filled with the Spirit of God (Rom 8:9b) and walks in the path of righteousness. He does not dwell in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, not sits in the seat of the scornful. He delights in the law of the Lord and meditates on it day and night (Ps 1:1-2). A Christian is that man, that woman, that boy and that girl who has been joined in one spirit with the Lord (1 Cor 6:17). Please let’s look at Eph 2: 5-6 “5Even when we were dead in sins, (God) hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:” Verse 5 of this passage says that those of us who were morally dead in sins were by the grace of God quickened (made alive) by God giving us a spiritual life. God did not stop there. Verse 6 says “hath raised us up together”. This means that God has not allowed us to remain in the grave of our old life with its sinful ways and habits, but has brought us into a new life. He goes further by making “us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus”. We can now see how God has brought every child of His into His presence and into an intimate relationship with Himself.
Hence as a child of God who is one with the Lord in the spirit, I am spiritually positioned and seated with Christ in God (Col 3:1-3), although I may be geographically located in London, New York, Lagos, New Delhi etc. The Bible tells us in Eph 1:20 “20Which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places,” (recall heavenly places mentioned earlier in Eph 2:6). The next verse says that our Lord Jesus Christ is “Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:” principality, power etc are angelic beings. So this passage infers that God has exalted Jesus Christ above all these spiritual beings including Satan and his demons (Col 1:16; 2:15).
From the foregoing, a Christian (child of God) who is in Christ Jesus and of one spirit with Him is seated with Him in a place that is far above all demonic beings. Unto such a man, woman, boy or girl, the Lord Jesus Christ has given authority to tread upon serpents, scorpions, demons and all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt such a person (Luke 10:19). If the Lord has given me this authority because I am His child, how then can the devil or demons possess me? Won’t that be a contradiction to His word thereby making God a liar? If I am one spirit with the Lord, do you then think that the demonic spirit can co-habit (be roommate) with the Spirit of God in me? Never! God forbid. God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5).
Satan and his demons are fallen angels. Satan is Lucifer, the son of the morning. He and his demons have been cast down (Isaiah 14:11-12; Ezekiel 28:1-cool. All they do is to deceive and threaten the susceptible. They like a roaring lion are seeking whom to devour (1 Pet 5:cool.
If you are truly a child of God, know most assuredly that you cannot be possessed by the devil or demons. Stop going for those “deliverance programmes”. Confront the devil with the Word of God and the blood of Jesus Christ (Rev 12:11). Stop listening to those prophets and pastors who tell you that you are possessed and under a curse. If you are a member of such denominations, leave there and look for a better place of worship. Whatever problems you may think you have are just stepping stones to the place God has destined for you. Paul says in 2 Tim 1:12 - 13 “12For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day. Remain committed to the Lord and hold fast to His word. Just like the apostle said in verse 13 “Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.”
You are not under any curse if truly you are a child of God. Gal 3:13 “13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” His death on the cross has made us His children partakers of the blessing of Abraham. Answer me if you know “who can curse whom God has blessed?” Please take a look at Num 22:12; 23:8.
The devil or demons can only possess unbelievers and those who allege to be Christians but are not, because they claim to have fellowship with Him but on the other hand they walk in darkness (1 John 1:6). If your lifestyle is contrary to the word of God (even if you are in the church & you are a worker) it’s time to repent of your sins and come to the Lord so that He will deliver you and set you free. He will give you the grace to live for Him.
Our real deliverance is in Christ Jesus. He was manifested to destroy the work of the devil in our lives (1 John 3:cool. Let us walk in the light as He is in the light. If you are a pastor, rather than dissipate your energy on conducting deliverance for your members, I suggest you teach them the Word of God. Teach them on how NOT to be possessed by the devil. Teach them holy living and the importance of walking with God. Emphasise less on working for God. Remember that our relationship with God is more important than whatever ministries we have.

God bless you.

I encourage you to visit www.livingseed.org and www.momentoftruthministry.com for more messages.
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by crossman9(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2012
your a God send i am writing about this is my book at the momemt
i think the answer is yes they can
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by crossman9(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2012
oludyke do you have skype i would like to talk to you if that is ok ]
and what church do you attend
mine is (crossman2012)
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by Joagbaje(m): 11:21pm On Feb 06, 2012
@OP
A christian can have demons living in him , his body ,or soul. But demons can't dwell in his spirit. Since Demonic possession takes place when demons indwels a person spirit, a christian can not be possessed because demons can't have access to his spirit for that is where God occupies
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by crossman9(m): 3:46am On Feb 07, 2012
YOU MAY BE RIGHT THIS TIME BUT I AM DOING MORE reading on this i will make sure what i think is correct before making a full statment of believe
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by Joagbaje(m): 4:20am On Feb 07, 2012
^^^^^
Very funny, are we in a competition?. It's simple. If you don't know it, you don't know it.
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by God2man(m): 6:44am On Feb 07, 2012
@op,i understand where you are coming from, until we started expriencing a real life situation where born again christian that was once a smoker, could not forsake this bad habit, even though he claimed to have accepted christ, he had to undergo what we call deliverance, why? Those demons in his body will not like to leave the body easily, they will resist,cry,fight, just to remain there, but what do we do? We cast them out. Those demons can only be cast out from a believer, who has developed himself to the extent of having the higher authority to cast those demons out.
Furthermore,our life is just like a house, it depends on where you allow God to occupy, are you giving God the parlour or the toilet? To what extent are you surrending your spirit,soul and body to the Lord. If you leave some unoccupy, demons could inhabit those places. If you break the wall of protection.
Besides, we all have roots. We come from different background, some of us came from family where the great,great,grandfather was a king, and anytime the king died, seven slaves had to be buried with him alive, and those slave issued curses, those curses need to be broken, that is the beauty of deliverance, it is biblical, @op, do your research very well, and you will agree with me. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by Lasinoh: 9:20am On Feb 07, 2012
If you are in doubt. . .look at Nairalanders in this religions section for starters.

Mu he he he he he he
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by Joagbaje(m): 9:58am On Feb 07, 2012
@GOD2MAN
is it a must that a christian who had idolatry in his ancestry background (in the flesh) go through deliverance process.? Or some exceptional cases
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by God2man(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2012
The truth is that the only person that is free from deliverance prayers is the one that the great,great,great granfather was a devouted man of God, the great grandfather was a MOG,the grandfather was also MOG, the father was also a MOG.He also has become a true minister of God.
Let me give you an example, a 70yrs old man of God slept with young girl that was old enough to be his daughter, then after a lot of prayer, it was discover by revelation that the father of this man of God was a polygamist. So, the evil flow of polygamy flow down to this man of God. This man of God has been preaching for almost 50yrs. Yet, he still slept with a young girl. So, where do we go from here?.
The other example i mentioned the other time about a king that died and seven slaves were buried with him, was inconclusive, the real story was that in a particular family anytime a member of the family dreamt about seven people carrying a coffin, somebody will die in that family. It was when it got to the turn of one particular family, that the family ran to the deliverance ground for prayer, it was revealed that those seven people were the seven slaves buried with their great granfather who was a king, and that those slaves issued curses on the day they were buried alive with the king, so, those curses are still effective. Many thanks to the quick action they took by going for deliverance.
The family is like a tree with branches, with root. You cannot deny your root. There is a blood connection. There is life in the blood. Blood has pattern. It could be transfer from relation to the other, unless you appropriate the power in the blood of Jesus, to nullify it. Many members of the family will face one mysterious problem or the other as they continue their christian race. Read books or messages from various men of God, Archbishop Duncan williams, Dr. D.k olukoya, it will help you, in your research, because this information came out as result of many years of research from Dr.D.k Olukoya. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by God2man(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
The truth is that the only person that is free from deliverance prayers is the one that the great,great,great granfather was a devouted man of God, the great grandfather was a MOG,the grandfather was also MOG, the father was also a MOG.He also has become a true minister of God.
Let me give you an example, a 70yrs old man of God slept with young girl that was old enough to be his daughter, then after a lot of prayer, it was discover by revelation that the father of this man of God was a polygamist. So, the evil flow of polygamy flow down to this man of God. This man of God has been preaching for almost 50yrs. Yet, he still slept with a young girl. So, where do we go from here?.
The other example i mentioned the other time about a king that died and seven slaves were buried with him, was inconclusive, the real story was that in a particular family anytime a member of the family dreamt about seven people carrying a coffin, somebody will die in that family. It was when it got to the turn of one particular family, that the family ran to the deliverance ground for prayer, it was revealed that those seven people were the seven slaves buried with their great granfather who was a king, and that those slaves issued curses on the day they were buried alive with the king, so, those curses are still effective. Many thanks to the quick action they took by going for deliverance.
The family is like a tree with branches, with root. You cannot deny your root. There is a blood connection. There is life in the blood. Blood has pattern. It could be transfer from relation to the other, unless you appropriate the power in the blood of Jesus, to nullify it. Many members of the family will face one mysterious problem or the other as they continue their christian race. Read books or messages from various men of God, Archbishop Duncan williams, Dr. D.k olukoya, it will help you, in your research, because this information came out as result of many years of research from Dr.D.k Olukoya. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? by ichuka(m): 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2012
@God2man
well spoken!!!.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram , Polygamy ,politics &satellite pic,What Does The Bible Say By Musiwa / Frosbel Are You An Atheist Or The Antichrist!!!!!! / Delivered From intimate Addiction, And Occult Powers!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.