Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me (7216 Views)

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House / My Wife Insults And Threatens My Fiancee / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by stepo707: 10:37am On Feb 09, 2012
kennyeast:

I LEFT NAIJA LAST YEAR, LEAVING BEHIND MY GIRLFRIEND OF 6YRS NOW, WE GOT ENGAGED BEFORE I LEFT, THERE WAS NO MONEY FOR MARIAGE, THOUGH SHE WANTED TO RAISE THE MONEY WHICH I OBJECTED. SHE TOOK ME TO HER MOM AND DAD BEFORE I LEFT, BUT THE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW IS THAT HER PARENTS WANTS HER TO MARRY SOMEBODY ELSE, THE DAD ONCE SAID "OVER HIS DEAD BODY WILL SHE GET MARRIED TO ME" AND HER SISTERS WANT HER TO MARRY THAT PERSON,BUT SHE HAS REFUSED TO ACCEPT THEIR DECISION. SHE IS A WONDERFUL GIRL, LOVING AND A WIFE MATERIAL. HER PARENTS AND SISTERS ARE MAKING LIFE DIFFICULT FOR HER AS SHE IS BECOMING FRUSTRATED. DO U THINK WE CAN SUCCEED WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING?  
@ op what made the dad to make such statement?
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 09, 2012
stillwater:

Lol grin grin grin

Lol, don't mind the eediot. He threw the first and second punch and he is complaining. No wonder the girls family are against the marriage, is it this kind of boy a father will wish for his daughter? A market woman in a man's clothing, Oma se oooo grin
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by bastrin(f): 10:56am On Feb 09, 2012
This fool is not ready to get married I pity the young girl. Because he did not even tell us when he intend to go back home and start the procedure. Instead he is here fighting with the women that are even helping him by advising him. Anu mpam kowai.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 09, 2012
Op,you can fight your parent for a girl u love but u cannot fight ur girl's parent(inlaws)for her love.
Mother and father of ur girl said NO,plz vamooze before you pay wit ur life. Seriously,a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by blank(f): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2012
I laugh in boko haram. @ op, continue exchanging words here on the internet while one sharp guy is romancing the woman before your eyes. E go do u like film trick. U never ready marry but u wan dey chook for free.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by emmatok(m): 11:07am On Feb 09, 2012
kennyeast:

I DON'T SEE THAT AS THEIR REASON, FROM WHAT I KNOW FROM HER, THE MOM IS VERY MATERIALISTIC, SHE NEEDS SOMEONE WHO WILL BE THROWING GIFT ON HER SO SHE CAN BOAST TO HER FRIENDS AND THE DAD SAID HE HAS ALWAYS WANTED HER TO MARRY FROM THEIR TRIBE, SINCE OTHERS FAIL TO, AND HE ALSO FEELS I DON'T LOVE HER ENOUGH,  THINKING OF SENDING THE MOM LIKE $10,000 NEXT MONTH AND A CAR FOR THE DAD,LOL JUST KIDDING O.

@POST,

If that lady is my sister, i will never allow you to marry her.

You mean you dated a woman for  6-years and you are not thinking of getting married to her? Rubbish.

Do you want her to wait another 6-years, and later dump her for younger girls?

Yet you have the courage to insult her parents(calling them materialistic).
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by octavian(m): 11:08am On Feb 09, 2012
@poster, why are you asking for advice? Do introduction first naaaaa! Why are you wasting the girl's time? 6yrs!!! Haba! Abegi oooo
If you wanted to marry her, you would have married her long ago! I dont blame her family one bit.
To proove they dont like you, carry Kola go dia house with your papa and mama, if dem drive you come back here for advice

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 09, 2012
emmatok:

@POST,

If that lady is my sister, i will never allow you to marry her.

You mean you dated a woman for  6-years and you are not thinking of getting married to her? Rubbish.

Do you want her to wait another 6-years, and later dump her for younger girls?

Yet you have the courage to insult her parents(calling them materialistic).

Is this coming from emmatox? shocked shocked this must be a good year
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by thehunted(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2012
OP ,u are arrogant and stooopid. No sane parent would give their daughter to a monkey like u.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by omeieme: 11:12am On Feb 09, 2012
@poster
You are the one wasting the girs time. You can see that she loves you and wants to marry you.  I am sure the parents refusal is because they seem not to see you forth coming and they feel that time is running fast.

Please do the write right thing!
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by sheff(m): 11:26am On Feb 09, 2012
What is the happiness or joy in marrying someone his or her parent are totally against your union have you forgotten the fact that your marriage will not be blessed by her parents which is a recipe for a disastrous marriage!
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by basking4me: 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^^ i dey laugh in taiwanese!,  Recipee for Disastrous Marriage indeed,  No be small thing ooo. 

Abeg bros move forward before disastrous marriage strikes you dead,  the fear of the loathsome INLAWS means your brains are functional.

Even if the girl agrees but you still see reluctance or disapproval from her folks,  BOLT FAST!

@ auntie ''Blank laughin in Boko haram'', if the girl is already being romanced while our friend is still seeking advice and he never marry am.

Au r we sure she still wont get romanced after the marriage!, haba na woman shortcoming be that,  nothin you do for them is good enough!, there is always greener grass on the otherside for them! 

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by kingsots(m): 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Op The truth of the matter is that there is always two sides to a story. She has tried to wait for you for 6yrs and that no joke. Her family might feel age is not on her side anymore and wants her to settle down. Both of you can pull resoureces together since she offered to help with some funds(if you rejected her offer of helping you out cos of pride, I think you should reconsider that, she is to be your wife not gf.), you musnt wiat for everything to be perfect cos the truth is that it might never be perfect. Hope deferred makes the heart sick.

For those attacking him, if you don't have an advise to give its not a must to comment. Its really annoying when someone is humbly seeking advise one retard with a lackadaisical attitude comes up and says rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by TEEGBE: 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2012
Forget about the relationship and move on cool
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by ng4am(f): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
Maybe she using dat line to see he u can hurry up with the plans but u re not ready so free her if u love her. Shekina.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by londoner: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Kennyeast, I can understand the worry of the parents. The only way they can believe your words is that they cause you to ACT.

LOVE is a DOING word.

If you love someone strongly enough to marry, it is obvious to all those involved and those watching. When there is a question mark it is equally as obvious to others.

Have you come to the point of asking yourself why you are delaying? Some would see it as a form of self sabotage.

I also want you to consider the woman you say you love, she will be going through lots of shame and embarassment because you are not coming for her, it will feel like a rejection deep down.

You are a man, you have time, but your procrastination is costing her, because she is paying for it with her childbearing years, the years of her prime.

She may not say all this to you, because she does love you, but she will be feeling it trust me.

The parents are reacting to the signs you are giving off, that you are not serious enough about their daughter to act in the way they see others act with women they claim to love and want to marry, you cant blame them for that, you have to blame yourself.

You are creating the doubt in them.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by Konnektions146(m): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
from what i sense, your mind is goin out of that relationship but u re bein sentimental cos of the 6 years, the lady has invested in it.

sympathy relationships is just like a time bomb waiting to xplode, i dont know how u wanna do it but yu have to free de lady and move on, moreso, even if yu eventually marry the lady, yu may still have the family affectin yur marriage, the lady maybe able to resist dem now, but on de long run, she may not be able to keep the pace.

i think yu need to work on yur attitude, if u have to marry my daughter, yu need to prove some level of responsibility and ability to love and RESPECT yur wife and the family she comes from no matter how much yu think yu have.

but come to think of it, if yu can afford a car and $10k, whats keeping yu from making the lady yur wife

good luck
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by sammyke(m): 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
abeg. Go marry her
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by emmatok(m): 2:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
jennykadry:

Is this coming from emmatox? shocked shocked this must be a good year

wink wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss wink wink wink wink
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by kylee: 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
kennyeast 6 long years is not a joke if your are sure in your body spirit n soul that you really want to marry her then i think you should go together with your parents to see her family instead of wasting her time since you both love your selves,so that the girls parents will stop having false mind against you because they wouldn't want their daughter after waiting for you , you might end up not marrying her.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 09, 2012
I hope kingsots is not myopic, this poster is bad-mannered, I personally found all his comments to blank (who was simply telling him the truth)very rude. The annoying thing is he tried to play the victim, mscheeeew. Every parent wants d best for their children, so I see no reason why they would encourage their daughter to marry you, you are a 'time-waster'.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by maclatunji: 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2012
^Someone's angry. How are you?

OP, if you are so sure you love this girl and she loves you back, take the next available flight after settling your affairs to come and fight for your love in Naija now. I think it is that simple.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by kennyeast(m): 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
i thank u all for the advise and criticism as well, as for jennykadry and blank my apologies, i am very far from being a rude person. if ur advises weren't important i would not have come here in the first place. now 6yrs is a very long year i can't deny the obvious truth, i met her while i was still in the university, honestly our goal was to get married after my service, but things didn't workout the way we planned, i do have plans to go back this year and conclude everything, which was our plan before i left and i am trying so hard to make sure it happen but the pressure by family and friends is really telling on her. just as some of u advised, i intend to ask my parents to go see her parents very soon, but nobody wants to get married to a lady without her parents blessing, which was one of the reason i came here for ur opinions. once again thank u all for all ur comments, if i say i have not benefited from it, i will be a liar and for those who are offended by few of my comments, i sincerely apologize.   thank u.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2012
maclatunji:

^Someone's angry. How are you?

OP, if you are so sure you love this girl and she loves you back, take the next available flight after settling your affairs to come and fight for your love in Naija now. I think it is that simple.

Lol, I'm fine mod, op ure good too.

kennyeast:

i thank u all for the advise and criticism as well, as for jennykadry and blank my apologies, i am very far from being a rude person. if ur advises weren't important i would not have come here in the first place. now 6yrs is a very long year i can't deny the obvious truth, i met her while i was still in the university, honestly our goal was to get married after my service, but things didn't workout the way we planned, i do have plans to go back this year and conclude everything, which was our plan before i left and i am trying so hard to make sure it happen but the pressure by family and friends is really telling on her. just as some of u advised, i intend to ask my parents to go see her parents very soon, but nobody wants to get married to a lady without her parents blessing, which was one of the reason i came here for ur opinions. once again thank u all for all ur comments, if i say i have not benefited from it, i will be a liar and for those who are offended by few of my comments, i sincerely apologize.   thank u.

Awwwww, sweet, I take back my words too, my apologies, wish you all the best.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2012
bhusayor:

Lol, I'm fine mod, op ure good too.

Awwwww, sweet, I take back my words too, my apologies, wish you all the best.[/b]

I am good.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by kennyeast(m): 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
bhusayor:

Awwwww, sweet, I take back my words too, my apologies, wish you all the best.

THANKS  cool
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by ifygod20(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
I will advice they put their relationship n d hand of God,and they shld stand by each oda no mata wot I believe dis is d period they need 2 stick 2 each oda and show hw much they love each oda.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by kennyeast(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
ifygod20:

I will advice they put their relationship n d hand of God,and they shld stand by each oda no mata wot I believe dis is d period they need 2 stick 2 each oda and show hw much they love each oda.

thank u so much.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by stevade(f): 12:30am On Feb 10, 2012
my advice for u is to quit the relationship before is too late.
Re: Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me by Skyloloprince(m): 11:35am On Feb 10, 2012
Its relı paınful. Bt dıs ıs my advıce,go 4 wot u want, ıf she ıs wot u want keep prayıng ova ıt,her parents may hav deı reasons 4nt wantın u, bt tym cn change ther mınd,her parents dnt want her hapınes they r only fıghtıng 4 ther selfısh ınterest follow ur happınes ıf u both r hapı 2geda, 4uck d world, In all dont b harsh on her famıly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Baby Girl Is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Malice Keeping Between Couples / Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.