Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau (9706 Views)

#OutBreakInOAU: Disease Out Break In OAU Trending On Twitter / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Dapo4u(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
I cant forget all these dramas in a flash:
Tony Fash saga (medical student cum ex SUG president) his expulsion under Prof Omole.
Obesere and co expulsion from Ife (what a talented fuji exponent creator)
Ropo Ewenla (The steering committee that took over from Tony Fash)
Vakama emergence as SUG president and his unending war with Lanre Legacy
'Have You Eaten" A rare guy that almost scuttled Legacy's presidency
Obasanjo was made to stand on top of his car to address Ife students before 1999.
Baba Kokoro saga (ain't forget that too)
Late Mojo  show for Awo TV
Maximum 'Shishi' for alleged cult guys
"Africa" a brilliant young chap was murdered by unknown guys (his killers yet to be identified)
I could go on and on,
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Basics007: 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
Awo hall gave me the best moments of my life in that school.
Remembered the day i passed under block 1 and one fool poured water on me. I looked up and shouted,'tani oloriburuku to da omi le mi lori?'(who is the fool that poured water on me?). Instead of the silly thing to apologise he replied, 'tani were ti ko je ki omi mi dele yen?'(who is the mad man that didnt let my water reach the ground?). I was dumbfounded.
Also i remembered how girls are always filled with trepidation at entering Awo hall cos of the hecklin they'll receive. I remembered the day 5attractive ladies with big breasts were passin thru the hall on their way to Sports hall. The whole of Awo came out shouting 'o mama cowbell! Cowbell! Cowbell!!!'
So much memories men!!

1 Like

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Jman3(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
Basics007:

Remembered the day i passed under block 1 and one fool poured water on me. I looked up and shouted,'tani oloriburuku to da omi le mi lori?'(who is the fool that poured water on me?). Instead of the silly thing to apologise he replied, 'tani were ti ko je ki omi mi dele yen?'(who is the mad man that didnt let my water reach the ground?). I was dumbfounded.
Also i remembered how girls are always filled with trepidation at entering Awo hall cos of the hecklin they'll receive. I remembered the day 5attractive ladies with big bosoms were passin thru the hall on their way to Sports hall. The whole of Awo came out shouting 'o mama cowbell! Cowbell! Cowbell!!!'
So much memories men!!

Guy, if u had made the error of attempting to rack that guy, u for chop shishi.
Also back if a girl made the mistake of entering Angola hall in the daytime, the next thing u'd hear is "Ejade oh, won ti de o" (come out, they are here). And then all the boys from the surrounding block would come and oogle the girl.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Jman3(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
tsupilot:

Dropping my sister off the morning Africa and SUG members were killed by Cultists
Having 300 Awo boys storm Omole estate in town two days after the incident to round up suspected cultist
Watching Awo boys beat Efosa to a state of unconsciousness
Witnessing Burkina's impeachment and the fight that ensued at Amphi theater afterwards
Seeing girls harass Dapo the Gay dude on Campus on the sidewalks by Amphitheatre
Waking up 4am to walk to Agric for angel of chemistry
Playing basketball at the sports complex with some big mouthed fools who thought they were Michael Jordan
Driving into school in the morning and seeing an somersault his dad's car on Road One after a rave.
Eating fine rice and beans with dodo in the Economics Bukateria
Hanging out at New Buka, Shiskabob, that Chicken joint (can't remember the name) and playing snooker
Ofcourse chasing jambite chicks at Moz
Walking into a chick's room and moz and meeting 5 other guys waiting to court the same Girl, LOLz (I was won sha, cuz I had a car and phone at home)
Raiding coca cola trucks on saturday morning whenever SUG officials decided to ban them from campus,
The smell of stinking beans whenever I was walking though Angola or Awo to see classmates
Reading Rockshocks, Cobra and all the other tabloid magazines on campus bugging Club boyz
Watching fine boys show up to white house to check their exam grades in front of Physics dept
Standing on the bridge at whitehouse scoping fine Moremi chicks in the morning walking to class
Eating Risky Burger 2am in the morning while studying for test at white house,
Struggling to get on a bus in front of SUB back to school gate, LOL
Hanging out with my guys at their Boys Quarters in staff quarters and witnessing how they disvirgin young jambites (Agbaya all of you reading)
Observing broke some club boys (Fidus Arcade, Excel, Sigma and the other idiots) trying to oppress and impress classmates with borrowed clothes/accesories
Hearing the news that Dapo the gay guy got violated by 6 students, ika ni awon boys sha!
Running from gun shots and fights during the modaekeke/ife war whenever violence ensued
Experiencing fine girls take a full bath with just one satchet of pure water during strikes or water scarcity, LOL
Seeing students harass rich men whenever they showed up on campus for their relatives Convocation
Laughing during one convocation when it was announced, students failed to Graduate from the Geology department 2yrs in row, LOL (Kill me)

Ok it's enough, OAU was definitely a planet of its own, I loved it and hated it the same, Greatest Ife, Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest, ALL other universities are Counterfiets, FIFTY GBOSAS!!!!!

I am an OAU Legacy child, so I can go on and on and on, I left b4 part 3 to school in yankee Sha, so kudos to everyone that completed the journey!

The night Africa was killed, we all ran into the bush behind angola to escape bullets. How we didnt get caught by any bush rabbit trap still eludes me.
I had a part one friend that had the same first 2 names as that Efosa guy. I made the error of shouting "Efosa" when SUG boys were scouting for the cultist. Omo, they picked up my friend and gave him fere-fere shishi before they realized he was the wrong guy.

1 Like

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by 1forall: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
As a jambite walking out of Awo buttery with a crowd at 1.30am after some rather explicit movie had been shown on the TV and heard a big voice shout over our heads

"No pocketing!" wink

One hilarious moment grin grin
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
Singing for girls who came to Awo

"You are HIV carrier, You are HIV carrier, We know you are, we are sure you are, you are HIV carrier."

Basics007:

I didnt know you went to Ife.

Something similar happened to another guy. He was walking and someone poured something on himand he yelled "Were wo lo da omi simi lori"- (Which mad man poured water on me.)

Respose- Ma binu o Ito ni o (Abeg no vex, na urine)
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by cardoso111(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
I remember the day Bob Marley died,we were taking dinner in Fajuyi then I noticed that Buffalo soldier was being played repeatedly then No woman no cry followed:news on the radio announced the demise of reggae legend!I remember that old baba shoe repairer who moved from Fauyi to Moza on a daily routine-the old man has a good memory without lkabelling students shoes!I remember when the whole of Nigeria students converging in the Oduduwa amphitheatre to see Live the best of pop music-Shalamar,etc
I remember the Central cafeteria on Sundays-thats the best place to be on a sun day!Great Ife,sebi iwo l'Oba awon unifasiti!

1 Like

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by emmaBS(m): 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2012
"Will exam hold?" and the tsunami that followed.
I cant forget the fight between Awo boys and Moz girls that led to banning boys from female hostels for a while.
How i used to wait for Awo boyz to come and throw Amphi gate open around 12 mid-night anytime there is a night show.
Elect lecturers that made us go through hell: Ilori, Adeniran, Jubril, Osas and the rest.
I will never forget what on a particular convocation day. A girl locked herself in a bus and urinated in a bottle of maltina. She came out of the bus and a room mate of mine snatched the bottle from her. The girl shouted "ito lowa nbe" meaning the content is urine. But my room mate did not believe her until he drank it. Gush, !!! He disliked himself for that but it was too late. So we gave him a new name "Amuto" meaning urine drinker!!!

1 Like

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by cardoso111(m): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ife!Ife Ooye,ibi ojumo ti I mo !Ife I daye !I have been telling my children about you!Ko s'Oba meji bi ire!! Rule,reign and rule forever!! Happy 50!!!!
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Basics007: 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Something similar happened to another guy. He was walking and someone poured something on himand he yelled "Were wo lo da omi simi lori"- (Which mad man poured water on me.)

Yes o. Eventually managed to escape in 2010 after studying medicine for 7yrs. Though me i know you attended Ife. I remembered a thread where you are Jarus scattered ground describing all the naughty styles you guys used to practise on ladies behind pharmacy building.
On the other hand,my worst moment was the day i witnessed Roger Makanjuola(the VC at that time)being dragged from senate building floor O with his tie. That was the 1st aluta i witnessed in OAU. I was horrified a whole VC could be treated as such. I was weeping for him when some amugbo boys saw me and asked 'ki lo n se eleyi? Se o jo baba e ni?'(what's this one's problem? Does he look like ur father?).
I vanished!

1 Like

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Basics007: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Yes o. Eventually managed to escape in 2010 after studying medicine for 7yrs. Though me i know you attended Ife. I remembered a thread where you are Jarus scattered ground describing all the naughty styles you guys used to practise on ladies behind pharmacy building.
On the other hand,my worst moment was the day i witnessed Roger Makanjuola(the VC at that time)being dragged from senate building floor O with his tie. That was the 1st aluta i witnessed in OAU. I was horrified a whole VC could be treated as such. I was weeping for him when some amugbo boys saw me and asked 'ki lo n se eleyi? Se o jo baba e ni?'(what's this one's problem? Does he look like ur father?).
I vanished!
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by veraponpo(m): 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2012
The Great Awo Hall. Will exams hold? Bukina Vs Olowu Maxwell, Obesere, Revol, NUASA, Moz, Ife Pharmacy, etc. Great Ifeeeeeeeee.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by sleekman(m): 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
U guys are just bringing back d memories. I guess the 93-2000 had d most memorable experiences
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by reindeer: 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
Remember the start of the Tony Fash saga in '95. . . .There's only one word to describe Ife. . .great!!
I remember having to hit faj cafe just before exams if you wanted good past questions.
'Observing' the chics flood to helth sciences cafe every afternoon.
The inumerable ''Alutas''
The crazy ''tan-gboro-tan'' buses. . .
That crazy old man who sold fruits in the halls of residence.
''Se need e'', eyin e maa jaye!
Those were the days. . .
Greatest Ife!!!
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by mddude(m): 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
I was there after the Opaka episode in 91.
I remember Big Sam - Ebun Adegboruwa.
Tony Fash - the SUG president that got expelled for his stupidness.
Yeah I remember Obesere too. This was a quiet guy before he joined the Union and became the Welfare office and got himself expelled.
That Ibo boy that got beaten to pulp
I left the year before Vakama got sworn it.

I remember going to Ooni's palace in 94 to protest June 12 and how some guys kidnapped some policemen as exchange for Ife student that were captured at Aluta
I remember when Shina Peters came to Ife and the girl that disgraced herself on stage ebcause of some money - I think that was 92
Geology wasnt that bad when I was there - well people spent more than 4 years but I only heard about the fact that there wasnt any graduate of a class in a year. I knew someone thats pent 10 years in Geology though. They have graduates every year but just not the people of the class that was supposed to graduate originally. A lot of people that graduated were of different set.

I remember when the building at Moz got burnt down.
Of course I remember Angel, Osas, Kuku, Adegboyega, Omogui, Igbo-Buraimoh.
I remember when the Leventis at the quarters used be there, hmmm those days
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2012
Of the greatest Ife,
greatest gbogbo, greatest gbagba, greatest ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Nostalgic moments wanna plenty die,

How can i forget Awo Hall, it made me the man I am today. Stayed there from my first to final year. I remember eating risky around 2am wen comin back from class, making fun of chicks wenever they came to my hall, running from shooting stars when they came on July 10.
I remember when we proclaimed Legacy as our vice chancellor (I was in part one then and didnt know jack grin), enuf NASU and ASUU strike.
Remember not having my bath for days cos of strike.
I remember seeing my first result (PHY 105) at white house, thank God say i pass. I remember running from one lecture theatre to another in part one just to get a good seat.

I remember guys calling se se wa and asking them to do their assignment for them grin.

And of course, I remember NFCS the only family I had in Ife, they took me in and still loved me even wen there was enuf evidence to suggest that I was crazy.

I remember the millions of bats that were resident in Ife, I remember 2 awo guys wen dey chop bat (we named them batman and robin). I remember wen Rogers came to Awo hall during ewa day to eat beans grin

In fact as i dey remember, water dey run me eye.

Greatest Ife jare,
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by teddies(f): 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
I missed those days @ ife. May be of my 12yrs stay pursuing 2 diff degrees. My experience in great ife was worth it. enterred 94 eventuallyduring d days of anthony fasayo. the days if progressive aluta remember d likes of obesere a particular congress was called wheb he slapped a porter and the hall wardens refused to give out rooms in protest many students where left to sleep outside. ropo ewenla interin sug, to d days of makama. could rmemberwalking from boc aud amphi bassment looking fir where to read. seeing lovers in motion ground are all fun. old buka i still miss egin special new buka where for d classt ones. fellowship casor rocked rhose days from come and see to cultural praise festiva i luv those guys. sunday worship is a must not mis, resurrection choir was d bomb, luved CLF too plenty ladies to admire. stayed in awo blk 1 rm 11, blk 5rm 141 blk7 rm193 TA toilet evenue stinks like hell jeez. later mived to quater rd7 and finally town omole estate. it ws a nice time at ife. great ife happy anniversary is indeed a great institution. looking forward to doimg my phd.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by borie4u(m): 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2012
oau geology grad.i can neva forget those darling memories spent in awo hall.how come no one is talking about the seasonal fight between moza queens and the awo cum angolan lads.cant forget the lala le friday.ti emi koba sunle o.awo buttery ni mo wa.the awo choir that usher in the friday vigil.the eja de eja bura wa.the will exam hold.the akansere(knocking for fun).the tsunami and the mojo break.the motion ground in the afternoon to emotion ground in the night.the part i love most was when we went to futa and was singing "if u go to lautech na ur fault,if u go to cambrigde na ur fault even if u go to oxford na ur fault becos oau na the only baba of aluta heyo.king of struggle, lord of battle.we received maximum shi shi (MSS)when we mentioned ekpoma.i can neva forget those moment cos i still treasure them til today
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by tayotee(m): 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2012

1 Like

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by drnairalov: 12:00am On Feb 10, 2012
Ok OAUUUU, much stories sha misplacing 10grand 1st day at school, damn!i almost went to an Herbalist 2 kill d person.Staying in d worst Hostel a fresher cud ever dream of, Awo Attic (25 in a room) full of thieves, E kaaro se ma fo so, dye ur jeans became Ekaaaro se ma Nawo dye ur pR!ick, there re a lot but wnt bore u with much stories cos i knw Nairaland hate long stories,
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by GboyegaD(m): 12:40am On Feb 10, 2012
Can't forget the Would Exam Hold Saga of September, 2003; The day Mopol killed a student (Laketu Rasheed I guess was his name) November 3, 2004 and we were asked to go home for 3 months; Mojo break March, 2006 and Thursday September 28, 2006 when I wrote my last paper. It was the craziest of Aro for me.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by tpia5: 1:50am On Feb 10, 2012
"animal kingdom" is indeed very apt oh!!!!

Anyway, one of these days i'll upload some of my ife pictures to facebook.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by MrIfe: 9:51am On Feb 10, 2012
Hmmm Great Ife. I remember those days in my first year when I have to wake up as early as 4am so as to get a seat @ Ajose Lecture Theater all because of MTH 101.

I remember those days as Secretary of Welfare Committee, when we will raid old buka, aluta markets and other stores to check on expired goods.

I remember those days I go to Awo hall just to witness the razzmatazz students display when they queue for beans when celebrating Awo Hall Week.

I remember those days when there is a big show @ the Amphi theater and everyone will be waiting for the grand entry of Awo Hall boys with their craze.

I'm so glad I passed through all these. Great Ife, truly the citadel of Learning And Culture.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Felixjude(m): 10:20am On Feb 10, 2012
I left OAU in part 2,indeed a skul 2 b.i miss moz girls,aluta,faj big boys,i was one, winks,health science food,football @faj mini pitch, and of cos,my girl dat i painfuly left there.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by kobomoje(m): 10:30am On Feb 10, 2012
AWO HALL!!!!!

, From Self-help to Block 7
Too much stuffs to say about AWO Hall.
cry
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by kayjegs: 10:35am On Feb 10, 2012
Great Ife, I can never forget you. I am so short of words saying d much I witnessed in OAU. Anyone that didnt pass through OAU cannot and can never understand the Great Ife phenomenon. So happy to be an alumni of the greatest of the greatest IFE. Oba Awon University, I hail you 50 golden times,
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by tpia5: 2:38am On Feb 13, 2012
Used to pass by the MSS bookstore somewhere around the SU building i think. Dont know if its still in that location.

One day out of sheer curiosity i decided to go in and chat with the people there.

I met two guys and one or two females.

I browsed their books and struck up a conversation with either the guys or the ladies. We each threw out our various arguments for and against whoever's/whatever religion happened to make the rounds.

After a while we bade each other adieu and i was on my way.

That was when i was young and f.oolish. Would definitely not try something like that again now that i'm wiser.

There were some books being circulated then, written by a non-nigerian muslim scholar about christianity. I read some of these books and they were one of the reasons why i decided to check out the store that day.

Till now i dont even know how i found the courage even though i was well received sha. Though the people there argued every point with me.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by toygod2: 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
those shows @ anglomos park
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Tunbolity(m): 9:35am On Feb 01, 2013
tsupilot: Dropping my sister off the morning Africa and SUG members were killed by Cultists
Having 300 Awo boys storm Omole estate in town two days after the incident to round up suspected cultist
Watching Awo boys beat Efosa to a state of unconsciousness
Witnessing Burkina's impeachment and the fight that ensued at Amphi theater afterwards
Seeing girls harass Dapo the Gay dude on Campus on the sidewalks by Amphitheatre
Waking up 4am to walk to Agric for angel of chemistry
Playing basketball at the sports complex with some big mouthed fools who thought they were Michael Jordan
Driving into school in the morning and seeing an idiot somersault his dad's car on Road One after a rave.
Eating fine rice and beans with dodo in the Economics Bukateria
Hanging out at New Buka, Shiskabob, that Chicken joint (can't remember the name) and playing snooker
Ofcourse chasing jambite chicks at Moz
Walking into a chick's room and moz and meeting 5 other guys waiting to court the same Girl, LOLz (I was won sha, cuz I had a car and phone at home)
Raiding coca cola trucks on saturday morning whenever SUG officials decided to ban them from campus,
The smell of stinking beans whenever I was walking though Angola or Awo to see classmates
Reading Rockshocks, Cobra and all the other tabloid magazines on campus bugging Club boyz
Watching fine boys show up to white house to check their exam grades in front of Physics dept
Standing on the bridge at whitehouse scoping fine Moremi chicks in the morning walking to class
Eating Risky Burger 2am in the morning while studying for test at white house,
Struggling to get on a bus in front of SUB back to school gate, LOL
Hanging out with my guys at their Boys Quarters in staff quarters and witnessing how they disvirgin young jambites (Agbaya all of you reading)
Observing broke some club boys (Fidus Arcade, Excel, Sigma and the other idiots) trying to oppress and impress classmates with borrowed clothes/accesories
Hearing the news that Dapo the gay guy got raped by 6 students, ika ni awon boys sha!
Running from gun shots and fights during the modaekeke/ife war whenever violence ensued
Experiencing fine girls take a full bath with just one satchet of pure water during strikes or water scarcity, LOL
Seeing students harass rich men whenever they showed up on campus for their relatives Convocation
Laughing during one convocation when it was announced, students failed to Graduate from the Geology department 2yrs in row, LOL (Kill me)

Ok it's enough, OAU was definitely a planet of its own, I loved it and hated it the same, Greatest Ife, Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest, ALL other universities are Counterfiets, FIFTY GBOSAS!!!!!

I am an OAU Legacy child, so I can go on and on and on, I left b4 part 3 to school in yankee Sha, so kudos to everyone that completed the journey!
Pls what year was that Dapo the gay saga? And any further info related to it,d guy's full name and how they got to know he was a gay?
Thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by dayokanu(m): 1:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
Tunbolity: Pls what year was that Dapo the gay saga? And any further info related to it,d guy's full name and how they got to know he was a gay?
Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Dapo was in OAU between 1996 and 2002. Dapo Adaralegbe

Everyone knew he was a gayy crossdresser, Latest info has it that he is now in SPain and has changed his sex and name. Hia name is now Stephanie Adaralegbe

He features in the news regularly and he never denied

Google his name and see his pictures

http://naijagists.com/shocking-how-mr-dapo-adaralegbe-turns-ms-stepanie-adaralegbe/
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Tolexander: 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme / I Wrote Gce Exam 2004 And I Lost My Result / LAUTECH Proscribes Indiscriminate Parking Of Vehicles On Its Campuses The Secur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.