Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager (7409 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Please Stand Up For Fabio Capello / Beckham Vs Fabio Capello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Builder: 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2012
Stupid England FA, Capello did the right thing in resigning, how else could they make a change without his consent, and besides, they say its cos of the interview he did with the italian TV, but if the stupid english media didnt make a big deal of it the FA wouldnt have done shyte about it, its seems to me that the English media is controlling the FA and the bristish public.

Harry Rednapp have been rummored to take over, i will see how crap he is b4 they start stabbing him. English team is crap anyways
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by omo9ja1(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
hmmmm I like this guy called Capello, has it been an English man coach would they have taking the decision with him, yes terry was not good to lead England but the FA should have ask Capello's view about their decision
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Ventrue: 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
Fabio Capello is only a victim of his homeland politics and culture. To him as mainly done in Italy the ICON John Terry is more important than any racial act.
What he did not understand like any Italians in general will never understand till thy kingdom come; is the British culture that is based on acceptance of diversity and non tolerance of any sort of racism.
In Britain there is a law against racism and any one can be jailed for act of racism while in Italy no such law exists and to an ordinary Italian like Mr Capello it is ridicule for someone to be persecuted for racial abusing what more John Terry.
SORRY Mr CAPELLO YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND BRITISH CULTURE FOR YOU IT IS ADVANCED. At least you have quitted CIAO
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by folahann(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2012
Na wa o. and Redknapp is not yet ready
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Emade(m): 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2012
Dey should leave john terry out of dis o dey are trying to nfa stlye.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Reference(m): 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2012
The FA did the right thing. They had waited endlessly for Capello to make the call but he didn't so they had to step in. Remember the English team has a good number of blacks and being captained at the Euro's will have put just too much pressure on the team coming especially from the press. Their experience with the Suarez thing is something they never wanted repeated hence the swift and sudden decision.

They waited for Capello but you could see the volcano of bad press beginning to rumble on screen, papers and the web. The ultimate fault lies with the courts. Why they could not air this case speedily and clear it well before the Euros beats my imagination. They've killed England.

I don't know what is wrong with these coaches. KK has refused to accept publically Suarez did anything wrong. The tape evidence of the Terry outburst though masked is very damning. Even Mikel in the background could be seen cringing at the remarks.

The courts should call the case forward. The FA should appeal to them and if all they want is to give JT a slap on the wrist so be it. But the team has to move on and time is fast running out. Pity.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by tunyus(m): 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2012
Capello on FA: "They really insulted me and damaged my authority"
Shame on the British FA and dia Double standard lifestyle.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by IYANGBALI: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
Thank God,Samson Siasia can now apply for the job grin grin grin
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by topchef: 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
England has done it again,shooting themselves on the foot before any major tournament, this is beginning to look like a curse, "the curse of the 3 lions"
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by kizito96(m): 10:52pm On Feb 08, 2012
He has not achieved anything for England
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by flexdee(m): 11:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
that was a nice step by Mr capello to prove to the English FA that you dont crucify an innocent man until proven guilty. Capello was right to back Terry.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by mojounited(m): 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2012
As stated by many posters, the English FA morally did the right thing to strip Terry of captaincy. However, as Sir Alex Ferguson who's been on the helm of affairs and is one of the best managers in the game would put it, the manager is the most important person in a football club (organisation, as the case implies here) so making a decision that would seem to demoralize the players and create some shitty talking points by every tom, Joystick and harry in England (including the media, fans, players in the dressing etc) without Capello's consent is a no no. . .especially when the tourney is fast approaching.

It would rather seem impossible for the Glazers/executive members/board of directors of Manchester United FC to take such a drastic decision without Fergie's knowledge and input. .no chance!
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by MeGaStReEt: 11:17pm On Feb 08, 2012
Builder:

Silly England FA, Capello did the right thing in resigning, how else could they make a change without his consent, and besides, they say its cos of the interview he did with the italian TV, but if the silly english media didnt make a big deal of it the FA wouldnt have done shyte about it, its seems to me that the English media is controlling the FA and the bristish public.

Harry Rednapp have been rummored to take over, i will see how crap he is b4 they start stabbing him. English team is crap anyways

Thats my P with the FA. Capello for shiittts sake is the Manager of the team, allow him to make decisions that will be for the good of the team. Making crucial decisions without his consent make him look inferior and powerless.

Stoooopid FA
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by brojero: 12:38am On Feb 09, 2012
Another Italian Captain abandoning a sinking ship smiley
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by lordimpaq(m): 4:59am On Feb 09, 2012
brojero:

Another Italian Captain abandoning a sinking ship smiley

Apparently, there was another captain on the ship who made the decision to throw someone overboard, undecided
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Stevez32(m): 6:41am On Feb 09, 2012
Capello is a hypocrite, did he notify rio before stripping him of the captaincy?? And just because a BLOODY RAZIST has been stripped, he is now fuming!
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by AjanleKoko: 7:45am On Feb 09, 2012
I laugh in NL at people shredding Capello here. What nonsense.

What the dude has achieved in football, any English manager can only dream of. While we're at it, aren't we talking about the same England that can't find a coach among their ranks? Last time an English manager managed England, they could not even qualify for the Euros.

Capello should pocket his $12m jare, go back home, and manage his Capello index. Who knows, Chelsea might come after him, when they get rid of Villas-Boas at the end of the season grin.
As for England, we all know what's gonna happen in June. Another 'heroic' performance, and back home empty-handed tongue
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by chucky234(m): 8:07am On Feb 09, 2012
Capello is an experience actor that could have wonn the Oscar or Academy aware has he been acting Hollywood.
He smell the disgrace that await him at the Euro and decided to take the only available escape route,that man is intelligent.
JT have no business being the captain of the English team after the sex scandal or was that one a rumour too? No one will give up such a lucrative job just of because JT was stripped of armband,I there is more to his resignation because he was aware of the FA's decision a week before the announcement was made then come out to say he was consulted.
Luis Suarez was handed 8 match for calling Evra a "Black Man" and 4 match ban to Mario Balotelli for stamping on Scott Parker's head but no action taking against Paul Scholes,Wayne Rooney and Julian Lescot who committed equally punishable offences and that's what the FA is poised to correct starting from the national team as charity always begin at home.
If JT is go unpunished what will be the future of black players in the national team because those self centered players in the team will begin call Ashley Young,Danny Welbeck,Darrent Bent,Jermain Defoe and Ashley Cole black monkeys knowing fully well that JT did and was supported by the FA.
For Capello to react this way for a case as important a racist claim he is not fit to manage any football team in the world because there will always be black and white playing in that team.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Xfactoria: 9:01am On Feb 09, 2012
chucky234:

Capello is an experience actor that could have wonn the Oscar or Academy aware has he been acting Hollywood.
He smell the disgrace that await him at the Euro and decided to take the only available escape route,that man is intelligent.
JT have no business being the captain of the English team after the sex scandal or was that one a rumour too? No one will give up such a lucrative job just of because JT was stripped of armband,I there is more to his resignation because he was aware of the FA's decision a week before the announcement was made then come out to say he was consulted.
Luis Suarez was handed 8 match for calling Evra a "Black Man" and 4 match ban to Mario Balotelli for stamping on Scott Parker's head but no action taking against Paul Scholes,Wayne Rooney and Julian Lescot who committed equally punishable offences and that's what the FA is poised to correct starting from the national team as charity always begin at home.
If JT is go unpunished what will be the future of black players in the national team because those self centered players in the team will begin call Ashley Young,Danny Welbeck,Darrent Bent,Jermain Defoe and Ashley Cole black monkeys knowing fully well that JT did and was supported by the FA.
For Capello to react this way for a case as important a racist claim he is not fit to manage any football team in the world because there will always be black and white playing in that team.

I don't think you get the point of many people who took side with Capello. Stripping JT of the captaincy is not the real issue but doing it without Capello's input is arrant nonsense and share interference. Capello manages the team and an important decision as that should call for his inputs. That is what Capello meant when he said his authority has been trampled on by the English FA.

Recall that in the earlier immoral affair of JT with Wayne Bridge's girlfriend, the FA met with Capello and Capello in turn met with John Terry before Capello announced his being stripped of the captaincy. In that case too, JT was still proclaiming innocence but Capello wielded the stick to salvage the unity of the team.

How can you not take a manager into confidence on a decision that affects his team and expect him to manage the crisis that will follow it and also produce results? How did they expect players to respect his decision when the FA can upturn it or even make their own decisions on the team? The FA just created more problem for the guy to manage!
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by ochukoccna: 11:26am On Feb 09, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I laugh in NL at people shredding Capello here. What nonsense.

What the dude has achieved in football, any English manager can only dream of. While we're at it, aren't we talking about the same England that can't find a coach among their ranks? Last time an English manager managed England, they could not even qualify for the Euros.

Capello should pocket his $12m jare, go back home, and manage his Capello index. Who knows, Chelsea might come after him, when they get rid of Villas-Boas at the end of the season grin.
As for England, we all know what's gonna happen in June. Another 'heroic' performance, and back home empty-handed tongue

Thank you jo! grin grin grin grin grin
What is world class in a coach that cannot blend the mediocre English team into world beaters?
Capello has nver played exciting footie with all the trophies under his belt
go check
Was he not sacked by Madrid despite winning the league?
Zambia's coach Herve Renard has built a team that works for each other void of egos and superstars
That apart, they play exciting footie
but capello?
NO!
Believe its the best thing to happen to English footie
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by ochukoccna: 11:31am On Feb 09, 2012
I know many of us thrash the 3 Lions as mediocre yet watch the same players week in , week out in the EPL
Could the problem be non availability of a coach who could mold them into a well oiled team unit?
Just thinking aloud.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by chucky234(m): 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Ochukoccna,England no doubt have talented playerss but playing as a team has never yield any fruits since the days of Sven Goran Eriksson and that's where Capello have also failed since taking over because the players have struggled playing together. Capello don't have stable first eleven despite using 80% of same set of players he has been using since taking over the team,that to me is a sign of total weakness and lack of technical input for the modern style of play.
Capello was a good coach but he is not today because football have changed over the years and lag ideas of the modern game.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by chucky234(m): 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
@X-factoria,I read the news two minutes after Capello's official and I completely understood what this all about.
The Cameroon FA recently handed a 15 match ban too Samuel Eto'o without consulting the coach m
The English FA already concluded long ago that Capello will go after Euro 2012 and the man just don't it to look as he was if he was stripped of his job for poor run of results at the Euro.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
Capello is a legend.

It's refreshing to see a brave man when most men are wimps.
He stood by his captain. Why should the useless FA make his decisions for him.

A man is not guilty until proved otherwise.

He knows that England will still not get anywhere at the Euros anyway   cheesy
Why take the shame? Leave it for someone else.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Limaoscar: 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
Luis Suarez was handed 8  match for calling Evra a "Black Man" and 4 match ban to Mario Balotelli for stamping on Scott Parker's head but no action taking against Paul Scholes,Wayne Rooney and Julian Lescot who committed equally punishable offences and that's what the FA is poised to correct starting from the national team as charity always begin at home.

You don't gerrit buddy, there are  list of Key events leading to His resignation here:

1. February 3: FA Strip JT of the Captaincy in the wake of Allegations He racially abused QPR defender Anton Ferdinand, Allegations He denies and still denies till date. Terry Continues to Captain His club Chelsea.

2.  February 5: Capello Gives an Interview with an Italian Broadcaster RAI in which He states His dissapointment at the Decision.

3. February 6: Capello comes under fire in the U.K. for His comments. Former FA Chief Executive David Davies suggests they could be deemed breach of contract. However, Sir Alex Ferguson backs the stance of the Former AC Milan Manager.

4. February 8(yesterday): Capello Resigns following an emergency meeting with the FA.

In Summary: Two issues Stick-out here.

A. Capello was not Consulted or in the know of their decision to take the arm-band off JT. It's like NFA/NFF?? Interfaring with a Coaches Team back  in Nigeria and we all screem blue Murder.

B. JT has been charged but has not been convicted of the crime. Legally, He is innocent UNTIL He is proven guilty, what is so difficult in Understanding all these?
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by mojounited(m): 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2011/oct/24/john-terry-anton-ferdinand-video
Anyone doubting it should check this video out - I believe the words were "Hey hey, you fu[i]r[/i]cking black. . ." I'm not sure what to deduce of the later phrases but most English folks know it and the FA know that too.

These are some quotes from english fans who think otherwise. .
"Innocent till proven guilty is pure BS in this case. Every non-Chelsea fans know he is guilty, we all saw the video clip. The worse is,  every England player in that dressing room knows it too. What does it do for team morale? And the fact that Chelsea managed to delay the trial to July is nothing but scandulous.  

Why can't we have the trial now? Are some players and witnesses absent? Oh no, they are all playing at Stamford Bridge down the road,  I suspect there is some dirty $$$ involved in this case."
"Why did Terry and his club insist that justice be delayed?  In all Terry has made a right mess of this.  The FA and England should have proposed an early court case."
"The players now see that the FA is dictating things and players are commenting/speculating who will be captain, if John Terry will be in the squad, etc.  This is the kind of thing Capello wanted to avoid.  Whether he would've removed Terry as Captain or not is not the point.  The point is it is HIS decision which should matter.  It is for the better that he does this so his players see who is in control, "
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by ujchief(m): 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
kudos capello, u've done a great job for the 3 lions!
The fa shuld hide their face in shame, they're playin judge and jury in the tery case! What hapened to innocent until proven otherwise? If they're bent on axin tery, why not consult the head coach first?
Dont forget the last time an english man handled the national team (steve mclaren), they failed to qualify for europe. Redknap is a great coach, but with the tax avation case stil on-goin, who knows. Gues capelo's asist, stuart pearce wil manage the team until the dust setles.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by chucky234(m): 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ujchief you amaze me,what great job has Capello done with the Three Lions? For a coach that earn £12m a year,they struggled to qualify for the Euro despite being drawn in a weak group drawing at Wembly and you call that great job.
For information Harry Rednapp was declared not guilty yesterday being 8th of February same day Capello resigned.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by lordimpaq(m): 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
chucky234:

Ujchief you amaze me,what great job has Capello done with the Three Lions? For a coach that earn £12m a year,they struggled to qualify for the Euro despite being drawn in a weak group drawing at Wembly and you call that great job.
For information Harry Rednapp was declared not guilty yesterday being 8th of February same day Capello resigned.

England did not struggle to qualify for the Euros, they didn't lose any game throughout the qualification, they even qualified with a game to spare. so when u say they struggle, i'm a bit confused.

Also note that the same England beat the world champions spain. The team is solid built around Scott parker, thats the best thing that has happened to England right now,

In my opinion, I think the FA interfered in his team and he left. I can bet you if Harry rednapp took over, England would not even go past the first round.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Utd Vs Ac Milan 2nd Leg (4-0) (agg 7-2) / Most Overated Player In The Premier League / Manchester City Vs Norwich City (5 - 0) On 26th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.