Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako (11091 Views)

How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / I Was Bribed N250M But Rejected: Those Who Collected It Are In Gov Today / Breaking News: Argentina Was Bribed To Lose Match - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ddaji:

One of the star witnesses in the murder case of Kudirat Abiola, Muhammad Abdul, also known as Katako, who during the trial testified against Major Hamza Al-Mustapha has yesterday said that he was bribed by the government to lie, and that Al-Mustapha is innocent.
Katako made the startling revelation in an interview with the Hausa service of Radio France International (RFI), monitored in Abuja.
“Yes, I lied. But later I reflected over my life and what I will meet in the hereafter. Whatever financial reward one gets here for giving false testimony, one will one day definitely die. So, I realized what I was doing was mortgaging my hereafter, and went back to the court and told them that I lied”, he said.
Asked why he gave the false testimony in the first instance, Katako said, “I was promised so many things. But let me clarify something first. When I was arrested my case had nothing to do with Major Al-Mustapha. I was arrested concerning the issue of Mohammed Sani Abacha. They told me they wanted to recover some money from him and they promised me 10 percent of whatever they will recover, plus a house at any place of my choice. After convicting him, they will also take me to any country of my choice.
“Then later, they brought Al-Mustapha’s case, read all the charges against him and told me what to say when I am taken to court. That was how I found myself among the witnesses introduced in court”, he said.
Among the people who lured him into the trap, according to him, were “Colonel Kayode Are (rtd), former Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, former Lagos state Commissioner of Justice, Yomi Oshibanjo and his deputy, Fola Author-Worrey. We sat with these people several times. These are lawyers. I asked them if anything was going to affect me negatively; and they said no. They said I should not worry about any anything. They said these people are your lawyers; they will not lie to you. After all, this is a government case and you are a government witness.”
[size=13pt]Katako said he now regrets his action, because as a Muslim he is supposed to be a good person, not the cause of someone’s pains or death. [/size]
“But even though I went back to the court earlier and said that I lied, still the court decided to discard my second testimony and based its judgment on the lies I told earlier. That’s why I now want everybody to know the real truth, through other means”, he said.
Asked if the lofty promises made to him were fulfilled, he said: “Only one promise was fulfilled. They bought me a house in Jos,” he said.
He however added that it was not because of the unfulfilled promises that he was spilling the beans, because even if the rest were fulfilled, he will not accept anything from them now.
“My conscience is pricking me; that’s because of my false testimony against an innocent person. That person is now facing death by hanging. If he is killed, his blood is in my hands; and no matter how long I live, one day I must die.
“So, I want the world to know that he is innocent” , Katako concluded

SOURCE:www.people-dailyonline.com
http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/news/national-news/29723-i-was-bribed-to-nail-al-mustapha-says-katako

As if its a religion of Peace, smh angry angry angry angry
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2012
highland:

He needs to be re-exmined for hypocrisy.

Why re-examination ? Isnt PERJURY a grievous offence under the law ?
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by waxrider: 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2012
I was considering his statement until he mentioned "I am a muslim"

The last person you can trust is a muslim.

If a muslim mention "Walahi talai" Know its a lie. Hausa people have proven us right. THis is another hausa man
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by nagoma(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Bluetooth

Perjury is a major offense against the law. Paying for and coaching a fellow to give a false statement is at least equally criminal if worse , especially if done by judges and lawyers. Examine the total scenario unless you are also dishonest.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by 1luvkipsus: 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
That Al-Mustapha did not have a hand in the death of Kudirat and other Nigerians massacred by Abacha??nonsense!!!!
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by sunkoye: 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
the second party has offered him more than what he can refuse grin
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2012
nagoma:

@Bluetooth

Perjury is a major offense against the law. Paying for and coaching a fellow to give a false statement is at least equally criminal if worse , especially if done by judges and lawyers. Examine the total scenario unless you are also dishonest.

Who killed Kudirat and Alfred Rewane ? Definitely mustapha.so I dont see any reason why the government will bribe anybody to implicate him even when Barnabas has told the whole world that mustapha was the commaner of the killings while he only executes as directed.So what is all these nonsense flying up and down now ? Why did it take him so long to come out to make this allegation especially when mustapha has been convicted already ?
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by ssjalo(m): 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
LET SLEEPING DOG LYING.

GBAM,
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by joe4christ(m): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
[size=15pt] Mehn this guy think sey na everybody be maga, which dey islam start to dey preach born again Which dey muslims start to dey develope consciense
Nna mehn, that wan mean sey fowl too don dey develope teeth be that o!
Abi how una see am?  
[/size]
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by BlueMurder(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
It has now become fashionable for despicable atheists and fake christians to cast aspersions on Islam and its adherents at the slightest of whims. The VP of this country is a Muslim. So also is Fashola who many eulogize for transforming Lagos. The Late Gani Fawehinmi died a Muslim. Why would any straight-thinking person denigrate the faith these gentlemen practise on the basis of the actions of a misguided bunch of terrorists who do not stop to ask you what religion you belong to before bombing you to the hereafter? Perhaps we should re-think some of our comments on this platform.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by waxrider: 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2012
It has now become fashionable for despicable atheists and fake christians to cast aspersions on Islam and its adherents at the slightest of whims. The VP of this country is a Muslim. So also is Fashola who many eulogize for transforming Lagos. The Late Gani Fawehinmi died a Muslim. Why would any straight-thinking person denigrate the faith these gentlemen practise on the basis of the actions of a misguided bunch of terrorists who do not stop to ask you what religion you belong to before bombing you to the hereafter? Perhaps we should re-think some of our comments on this platform.

I am not commenting against muslims. But hausa muslims. They use unthinkable, baseless and every excuse/ lies to murder human beings. How do we take them serious. Espesially hausas.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by chosen04(f): 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
Free the innocent man jare!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by femmy2010(m): 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
Super Story
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by executinal(m): 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
Noted! waiting for part two
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by chosen04(f): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
I still remember them once making us to believe that DIYA's coup was a phantom coup . . . . . . . .

These people can do any thing to free their sinful brother and convict and innocent fellow.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by sirjec(m): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
A bit complicated. Now who knows if he has received a bigger offer and decided to call this truth a lie, or whether he is saying the truth now?

Lying in the first place if he did is the beginning of his problem. He shouldn't have for any reason.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by jamace(m): 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
Another Judas Iscariot kind of repentance. angry
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
chosen04:

Free the innocent man jare!!!!!!!!!
chosen04:

I still remember them once making us to believe that DIYA's coup was a phantom coup . . . . . . . .

These people can do any thing to free their sinful brother and convict and innocent fellow.

Are you a noble gas ? Why the instability of replies ?
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by BlueMurder(m): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2012
Quote: I am not commenting against muslims. But hausa muslims. They use unthinkable, baseless and every excuse/ lies to murder human beings. How do we take them serious. Espesially hausas.

@waxrider, my problem with your statement is your needless generalization. You can't bunch the entire hausa muslims together and label them murderers. It is very wrong to do so, just as it is wrong for any person to describe Niger Deltans as kidnappers and cultists, or ibos as ritualists.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Mucokey(m): 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
Go tell it 2 de marines! Let him just come out in de open vomit dis rotten gibberish. 1 can only fool some ppl sometimes n not all ppl all de tym, he can as well com out as subtitude 4 dis hangin saga
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by chosen04(f): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Are you pained the truth is coming out? No matter how many years lies fly, truth will definitely catch up some day.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Funkymallam(m): 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Kai! Bros, u wicked sha.
Too much science, noble gas grin abi na neon gas cheesy grin
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by babzynkyahoocom(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2012
What does this asshole take us for, mumu? After all the Al-mustapha's cabal has approached him with lofty promises. I know his (Mustapha) supporters will never rest till they secure his release by all means, impossible.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by waxrider: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2012
@waxrider, my problem with your statement is your needless generalization. You can't bunch the entire hausa muslims together and label them murderers. It is very wrong to do so, just as it is wrong for any person to describe Niger Deltans as kidnappers and cultists, or ibos as ritualists.

After a bomb explosion and an attack on police station in Kano. Kano youth trooped out and started jubilation and dancing.

Does this tells you the position of hausas/fulanis to boko-haram ?

Dont listen to what they say on TV. Thats call "lips service"

They support the cause with their heart.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
[size=18pt]I believe Al-Mustapha is innocent.

I do not believe Abacha ordered the killing of Kudirat Abiola

Where is the sense of Abacha killing Kudirat and then keeping Abiola alive in prison?

I suspect that Kudirat murder was ordered by the evil genius IBB to make things difficult for Abacha.[/size]
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by jaybee3(m): 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
GenBuhari:

[size=18pt]I believe Al-Mustapha is innocent.

I do not believe Abacha ordered the killing of Kudirat Abiola

Where is the sense of Abacha killing Kudirat and then keeping Abiola alive in prison?

I suspect that Kudirat murder was ordered by the evil genius IBB to make things difficult for Abacha.[/size]
Is this because Buhari said so?
How old are you Mr?
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by kunletech: 4:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
Guys! Don't blem him, this is a simple reasoning, his fellow housas had threating to kill him and his family if he did not comporate, and he had be guaranty that, they will stand for him not to go to jail.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by maimalari: 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2012
I believe some of the persons he mentioned r still alive. They should be arrested immediately and investigated. Katako should also be arrested for false witness and charged accordingly.  We need to move this country forward. All these allegations shouldn't be swept under the carpet.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by velo10: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2012
How about Rogers' testimony? did Rogers also claim to be bribed
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by olyivy(f): 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2012
[size=18pt]Isnt it funny how all the people he mentioned are Yoruba people.

Again second time Bola Ige's name is coming up in a shady endeavour.

Hmm! I smell rat here. There is no smoke without fire oooo.[/size]
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by 9javoice1(m): 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
Among the people who lured him into the trap, according to him, were
Colonel Kayode Are (rtd), former Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, former Lagos state Commissioner of Justice, Yomi Oshibanjo and his deputy, Fola Author-Worrey.

these pple think we are fools.  an hausa man saying its only yorubas that bribe him to betray his fellow murderous brother.
let the truth be told. hausas are ver bad pple who can do anything to save their own, unless who they already condemn.

if the northern elites want to save the guy,of-course noting will stop them but they want him dead anyway. this just to implicate yoruba elites
and make hausa pple look good.

what abt the innocent ogonis his brother Abacha kill for no reason.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by odutope(m): 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
wat if the guy is telling the truth, can we really trust our judicial system, smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Maiduguri, To Attend APC Presidential Rally / Letter To Boko Haram: This Is Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.