Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? (9748 Views)

Dr Martin Luther King Jr The False Prophet God Spoke About Specifically / False Prophet: Uebert Angel / Jesus Prophesied and Warned: Paul is False Prophet/Messiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Fr0sbel: 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
Question: "How can I recognize a false teacher / false prophet?"

Answer: [/b]Jesus warned us that “false Christs and false prophets” will come and will attempt to deceive even God’s elect (Matthew 24:23-27; see also 2 Peter 3:3 and Jude 17-18). The best way to guard yourself against falsehood and false teachers is to know the truth. To spot a counterfeit, study the real thing. Any believer who “correctly handles the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15) and who makes a careful study of the Bible can identify false doctrine. For example, a believer who has read the activities of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in Matthew 3:16-17 will immediately question any doctrine that denies the Trinity. Therefore, step one is to study the Bible and judge all teaching by what the Scripture says.

Jesus said “a tree is recognized by its fruit” (Matthew 12:33). When looking for “fruit,” here are three specific tests to apply to any teacher to determine the accuracy of his or her teaching:

1) [b]What does this teacher say about Jesus?
In Matthew 16:15-16, Jesus asks, “Who do you say I am?” Peter answers, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,” and for this answer Peter is called “blessed.” In 2 John 9, we read, “Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.” In other words, Jesus Christ and His work of redemption is of utmost importance; beware of anyone who denies that Jesus is equal with God, who downplays Jesus’ sacrificial death, or who rejects Jesus’ humanity. First John 2:22 says, “Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.”

2) Does this teacher preach the gospel? The gospel is defined as the good news concerning Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection, according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). As nice as they sound, the statements “God loves you,” “God wants us to feed the hungry,” and “God wants you to be wealthy” are not the complete message of the gospel. As Paul warns in Galatians 1:7, “Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.” No one, not even a great preacher, has the right to change the message that God gave us. “If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!” (Galatians 1:9).

3) Does this teacher exhibit character qualities that glorify the Lord? Speaking of false teachers, Jude 11 says, “They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.” In other words, a false teacher can be known by his pride (Cain’s rejection of God’s plan), greed (Balaam’s prophesying for money), and rebellion (Korah’s promotion of himself over Moses). Jesus said to beware of such people and that we would know them by their fruits (Matthew 7:15-20).

For further study, review those books of the Bible that were written specifically to combat false teaching within the church: Galatians, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, and Jude. It is often difficult to spot a false teacher/false prophet. Satan masquerades as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14), and his ministers masquerade as servants of righteousness (2 Corinthians 11:15). Only by being thoroughly familiar with the truth will we be able to recognize a counterfeit.

Source
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by dare2think: 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2012
4. Is this Teacher  a disguised merchant?

One who tells you what you want to hear and has turned the church into a business mechanism that generates income for himself and his 'inner circle'.

Performs dramatic episodes in the name of unverifiable 'healing' yet flies his family abroad to get medical treatments.

Threatens cajoles you for not paying your tithes,offering, offer 7, first seeds and all other nonsense that is cherry-picked from the bible to suit selfish motives.

Does he/she wine and dine with the very same politicians destroying the country with corruption?

If you notice any of these traits please keep mute. Remember, 'touch not his anointed'

-Sigh-
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by crossman9(m): 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
HERE IS THE SIGN OF CULT and this is talking about

CHRIST EMBASSY CHURCH

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome:
26th February birthday 
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:
December 7th birthday

They call the leader father
They call the leader daddy
They call the leader general
(KJV) Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

It was putting spiritual power in the hands of the leaders and not the  members a spiritual “Oligarchy” leadership style i.e

1. Some have said you are interferer in mens afairs (Y) Fine
2. Some People say you are Jesus Christ in a white suite? (X)(X) (N.I.V)Matthew 24:4-5,11,14,24-26-51
3. Your our life coach (X) (N.I.V)Matthew 23:10
4. Your our teacher (X) (N.I.V) (Matthew 10:24 Matthew 23:8
5. Your our father (X)(X) Matthew 23:9
6. Your Our Daddy (X)(X) Matthew 23:9
7. We glory in your bossem (X)(X) (K.J.V) 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 (Romans 15:17).
8. Your our prophet (X) 50% right
9. Your Our man of god (Y) 50% right
10. Your a Gift to the World (X) (K.J.V) John 3:16
11. God gave you as a Gift to the World (X) (K.J.V) John 3:16
12. You Have Made Us Champions For Life (X) Hebrews 12:2
13. You’re the best there is no one like you (Y) 50% right, Matthew 23:11-12
14. Pastor (Y) Ephesians 4:11 100% right
15. Your are God’s General  (Y) 50% right
Here is a statement of what was said in gride formate above the letter (Y) means it is “Biblecally” Correct and  the (X) mark means it is “Blasphemy” and a “Heresies” “Biblecally” incorrect but if it is marked double (X)(X) this means it’s very wrong according to the bible?

(K.J.V) Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(N.I.V) Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken

(N.I.V Matthew 23:1-12
A Warning Against Hypocrisy
1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
2“The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.
3So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
4They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long;
5 they love the place of honour at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;
7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.
8“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.
9And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
10Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.
11The greatest among you will be your servant.
12For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

(N.I.V) James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
(N.I.V) James 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

But it all seems to me like there skimming the people for more money, if not for books it is for some other thing it’s like a game let’s make the Pastor rich game so I commemorate this piece of art work to (Pastor Chris) and his spiritual "entrepreneurship"

An entrepreneur is a person who has possession of a new enterprise, venture or idea and is accountable for the inherent risks and the outcome.[note 1] The term was originally a loanword from French and was first defined by the Irish-French economist Richard Cantillon. Entrepreneur in English is a term applied to a person who is willing to launch a new venture or enterprise and accept full responsibility for the outcome. Jean-Baptiste Say, a French economist, is believed to have coined the word "entrepreneur" in the 19th century - he defined an entrepreneur as "one who undertakes an enterprise, especially a contractor, acting as intermediatory between capital and labour".[note 2] A broader definition by French Economist J.B. Say (1800) "The entrepreneur shifts economic resources out of lower and into higher productivity and greater yield."

Bolingbroke, Henry St. John, Viscount (1678-1751) Plan truth will influence half a score of men at most in a nation. Or an age, while mystery will lead millions by the nose. [Letter, 1721]

Jesus over turns the tables for making sales in the house of God.
(NIV) BIBLE
Mark 11:15 On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves,

Mark 11:16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts.

Mark 11:17 And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written: " 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it 'a den of robbers.' "

Mark 11:17 And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written: " 'My house will be called a
house of prayer for all nations' ? But you have made it 'a den of robbers.' "

Mark 11:18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

(NIV) James 3:16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
(KJV) James 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

Little conclusion this church loves to the practice the “Mushroom Treatment” with the “Truth” “Mushroom Treatment” Is an expression or concept of thought? In which it comes from the following:
Mushrooms are grown in the “Dark” and feed on “Excrement” or “Poo” for the uneducated.
This is how they in “Christ Embassy” members are grown; this is also how i.e. “Church Members” are feed, fed on “Lies” and denied the “Light of Truth” and kept in the dark which is deception?

(NIV) John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
(KJV) John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

But I will be called “Nap peels” for coming out with this, and will be called “Carnal” which come from the (Latin carn meaning flesh like)
As some pronounce the word babies as “Nap peels” there pronouncing which is wrong clearly along with the meaning of the word there trying to say. I urged you to get yourself a (Young’s Analytical Concordance) or a (Strong’s Analytical Concordance) here is the correct rendering from the with a clear meaning from the “Greek and Hebrew”
The word babes Page 66 (Y.A.C)
Here all the words that pertain to the word babe
Babe 1. boy,lad, Hebrew “Naar”
Exodus 2:6
2. suckling growing youth, Hebrew  “Olel” meaning
3. babe (New Born, or Unbnorn) Greek “Brephos”
4. (without speech) Greek “Nepios”
Not like the word here which is “Nap peels” mispronounced like this false teacher prophet says with his “Co-Pastors”
5. schiel, inischievous Hebrew “Taalulim”
I would say they need a speech therapist.
Thank God I was born an “Israelite”.
car•nal (kär n l) adj.
1. Relating to the physical and especially intimate appetites: carnal desire.
2. Worldly or earthly; temporal: the carnal world.
3. Of or relating to the body or flesh; bodily: carnal remains.
[Middle English, from Old North French carnel, from Latin carnlis, from Latin car, carn-, flesh; see sker-1 in Indo-European roots. car•nal i•ty (kär-nl-t) n. car nal•ly adv.

And I will be accused of only thinking in the flesh, but i live in my “Earthly Suit” (24/7 360 Days A Year) which is the flesh, so living in the flesh is truism for me.

so it is clear they keep you so distracted that you don’t notice what is really going on in the church there is a another cleaver purpose that most in the church, are not aware of and this is it, most company pay their staff on the first of the month, or near the end of the month, but most in the church would never work this out because there kept, very busy with “Religious Propaganda” about “Sowing Seeds” and end time harvest,  keep this in mind if the church is the woman in scripture which it is, there is got be some “Harlots” presenting its herself as a “Lady” and a “Bride Of Christ” but in fact she is a “Spiritual LovePeddler” making sales of herself to the highest bidder, meaning there nothing more profiteers in this church.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
New Living Translation (©2007)
2 Peter 2:3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
2 Peter 2:3 And by greed and fictitious accounts they will make profit among you, these whose judgment from the first has not been idle and their destruction does not sleep.

and this so called “Bride Of Christ” as they have been coined, have turn the image of the husband in to a “Biddable Dog” wagging its tale for their own purposes, and the members are lead on a leash, for what they have which is money?
I am not saying they are the LovePeddler in revelation but they are part of it? (Revelation 17): which most scholars known as “Rome” the “Catholic Church” is the “Mother of Harlots” this church does after all call its self the “Universal Church” and the word “Universal” means “Catholic” clear as crystal this church is one of the “Mother Churches” Harlots, and just as they teach you come to Christ and your life will be rich all the twists on truth, this makes me sick inside, saying come to Christ and you will be rich who would not want to serve a God that would make you rich, the carrot and the stick for this “Spiritual Donkey” it does not mean rich in wealth but knowledge of Christ but there is a blessing that does bring wealth but this should never be the goal but the goal should be love and service the lord?
But now you see all the real intent of what they do and the real lay out for the church.

I count all things lost that I may gain Christ

(N.I.V) Philippians 3:8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ

(NIV) Hebrews 2:1 We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
(KJV) 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

(NIV) John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
(KJV) John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
(NIV) Jeremiah 7:28 Therefore say to them, 'This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips.
(NIV) John 4:23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
(NIV) John 4:24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
Notice “we must worship him in spirit and in truth for the father seeks” meaning he wants us to worship him with his “Truth” and with his “Spirit” but if “Truth” has stumbled in the street like the prophet Isaiah said how can we claim to know him but what does the bible have to say?
(NIV) Isaiah 59:14 So justice is driven back, and righteousness stands at a distance; truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter.

(NIV) Isaiah 59:15 Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice.

(NIV) Isaiah 59:16 He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to
intervene; so his own arm worked salvation for him, and his own righteousness sustained him.

(NIV) Jeremiah 7:28 Therefore say to them, 'This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips.

Jeremiah notice how he said Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips. And there is no correction Isaiah says honesty cannot enter this simple to anyone I thought the word “Truth” is what God is and he is the father “Truth” and the word “Truth” appears (237) times in the “King James Bible” and (238) times in the “New International Version” so why such a miss mash of thinking, well the father of all lies was taking hold of them, the “Devil” he is the father of all “Lies” and he does not hold to the “Truth” for he has been a liar from the beginning.   
(NIV) John 8:43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.
(NIV) John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
(NIV) John 8:45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
(NIV) John 8:46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?
(NIV) John 8:47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

(KJV) John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

(KJV) John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
(KJV) John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
(KJV) John 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
(KJV) John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

(NIV) Galatians 4:16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

(NIV) 3rd John 1:3 It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth.

(NIV) 3rd John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

(NIV) Revelation 12:9 The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

(KJV) Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

(NIV) John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the
Father except through me.
(KJV) John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

(Percy Bysshe Shelley. August 4, 1792 – July 8, 1822) Quote: All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil. (Demogorgon, Act II, sc. iv, l. 110)

(NIV) Romans 12:3 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
The Reason Why Mankind Does Not know the Creator or Have Peace
This is the reason why the law was introduced in the first place it was for the betterment of all the human race, and for the sinner to know the will and intent to the creator to save mankind from himself but man rejects the creators instruction this is why to this day man is not at peace he loves his own wisdom but the lord sent his spirit yet people still rebel and rebellion is the same as the sin of witch craft this is why without the spirit and the law together men are lost?
(NIV) 1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has rejected you as king."
(KJV) 1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
(KJV) Proverbs 28:7 Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
(KJV) Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
(KJV) Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
(NIV) Psalms 119:97 Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.
What we can see here is this for lack of vision people will and do perish, but people who are blind use the a rod for direction which is the commandments of the lord God as it is a light to their path as above it is lamp and a light and instruction so if you have not vision there is the law of God, to guide a person that as no vision so people don’t have to perish for lack vision like some of the these false prophets teach this is the real reason the lord gave us his commandments just in case there is no vision that is why he said happy is he who keeps the law? In (Proverbs 29:18) it is clear even to the blind the law is the only way to see if you have no vision and more if some false prophet’s try’s to control you saying he has a vision or you’re lost without him you won’t have him there to help you share in his so called vision of coming events or deep insight into gaining possession meaning their vision to make lots of money or like when they say the prosperity is in the mouth of your prophet?

(KJV) Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
But these commandments of the lord where sent to teach men to love each other this is my conclusion?
The royal law of all is which is love and to love your neighbour

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
Any Pastor, no matter his worldly pedigree, who tells you to curse whoever, even your worst enemy is a False Crook.

Always use these quotes to Judge Him!

"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2) (sorry i aint a christian lol)

"Follow Peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)

The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves." (2 Timothy 2:24-25)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Jesus came "to guide our feet into the way of Peace." (Luke 1:79)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother" (1John 3:10)

"He that doeth good is of God, but he that doeth evil hath not seen God." (3John 1.11)

"He that kills with the sword, must be killed with the sword." (Revelation 13:10)

Forgive "one another if any man have a quarrel with any." (Colossians 3:13)

If anyone steals from you "take it joyfully" (Hebrews 10:34)

Even if you are unjustly enslaved or imprisoned, you do not resist but seek to convert your Jailers as St. Paul did. (Philippians 4:22)

"Be diligent that you may be found in Peace." (2 Peter 3:14)

But doesn't the Bible say we are to obey the Government? Yes, in all things which are not contrary to the Gospel, but if Jesus says live in peace and the governments says go to war, then "We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace, Love, Gentleness, Meekness" (Galatians 5:22)

"Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of Peace." (Ephesians 4:1-3)

Peace is the Gospel . This is the doctrine of Christ. "Whosoever transgresses and abides not in the Doctrine of Christ hath not God." (2John 2:1)

"The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace." (James 3:18)

"Whosoever compells you to go a mile with him, go with him twain." (Mt.5:41)

"When they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another" (Matthew 10:32)

This world is not your home. "You are citizens of heaven." (Philippians 3:20)

"[size=18pt]I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven.[/size]" (Matthew 5:44-45)

"Behold I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore as wise a serpents, and as harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:15)

[size=22pt] "Have peace with one another.[/size]" Romans 9:50)

"Let us follow after the things that make for peace." (Romans 14:19)

javascript:void(0); (1 Corinthians 7:15)

"Live in peace." (2 Corinthians 13:11)

Jesus mission was to "Preach Peace." (Acts 10:36)

Jesus came and "preached peace." (Ephesians 2:17)

"Seek Peace and ensue it." (1Peter 1:3)

"As you would that men would do to you, do ye also to them likewise." (Luke 6:31)

"We are counted as sheep for the slaughter." (Romans 8:36)

"Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God." (Matthew 5:19)

"He hath given us the ministry of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:18)

"As far as your responsibility goes, live at peace with all men." (Romans 12:18 Phillips translation)

"On earth peace, good will towards men." (Luke 2:14)

"If any man will sue thee at the law to take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." (Matthew 5:40)

"Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, see that ye be not troubled." (Matthew 24:cool

"My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight that I should be delivered of the Jews." (John 18:36)

"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

"[size=30pt]Bless them that persecute you:[/size] bless and curse not." (Romans 12:14)

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:20)

"Recompense no man evil for evil." (Romans 12.:7)

"Being reviled, we bless . Being persecuted we suffer it. Being defamed, we entreat." (1Corinthians 4:12-13)

"Dearly Beloved, avenge not yourselves but rather give place unto wrath, for it is written Vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord." (Romans 12:19)

"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him, if he thirst, give him drink." (Romans 12:9)

"See that none render evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise blessing." (1 Peter3:9)

God's primary title in the New Testament is The God of Peace. It is used six times (Rom. 15:33, Heb. 13:20, Phil. 4:9, Rom. 16:20, 1 Thess. 5:3, 2 Thess. 3:16)

"Blessed are the Meek for they shall inherit the earth." (Mt.5.5)

"God is not the author of confusion, but of Peace." (1Cor.14:33)

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of them that preach The Gospel of Peace." (Rom.10:15)

"Finally Brethern, farewell, be perfect. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace and the God of Love and Peace shall be with you." (2 Cor.13.11)
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by GreyBeard: 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
How to recognise a false church

Does the church ask you to to give money while the only time the church gives money is through even more of your own giving i.e. partnerships?
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by crossman9(m): 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
This person here has raised some very good points but the bible tells us to speak the truth in love
Ephesians 4:15
New International Version (NIV)
15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

Love does not drown the truth but the truth washes us clean to see the light this is why we are command to tell the truth sometimes it can be done with a feather and other times with a hammer
The hammer is God’s word smashing down false teaching and those twisting the truth
(NIV) Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not my word like fire," declares the Lord, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

(NIV) Jeremiah 23:30"Therefore," declares the Lord, "I am against the prophets who steal from one another words supposedly from me.

Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by crossman9(m): 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2012
yes it does there is requests all the time for money this is against the bible teaching saleing books to the people and take tithes for the same thing

i want to talk to you about a post you put it is importent "Grey Beard"

will you come on face book or skype please or msn

here is my skype: crosssman2012
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Sweetnecta: 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Fr0sbel: « on: Today at 12:45:28 PM »
[Quote]Question: "How can I recognize a false teacher / false prophet?"

Answer: Jesus warned us that[b] “false Christs and false prophets” [/b]will come and will attempt to deceive even God’s elect (Matthew 24:23-27; see also 2 Peter 3:3 and Jude 17-18). The best way to guard yourself against[b] falsehood and false teachers[/b] is to know the truth. To spot a counterfeit, study the real thing. Any believer who “correctly handles the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15) and who makes a careful study of the Bible can identify false doctrine. For example, a believer who has read the activities of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit [/b]in Matthew 3:16-17 will immediately question any doctrine that denies the [b]Trinity. Therefore, step one is to study the Bible and judge all teaching by what the Scripture says.[/Quote]I have to assume that Jesus was alluding to at least a true prophet shall come after him. This assumption is based on his telling us how to identify false christs and false prophets. Is there anyway we can identify a true prophet after Jesus, even if he preached anything different from what the Bibles say Jesus preached, though we are not for sure 100% Jesus preached it even based on the Bibles? Lets ask Jesus if there is any true prophet after him: My proofs are the fact that John didnt say he was not christ or the that Prophet as the jews were expecting Elijah, Christ and the that prophet to make 3. Jesus himself and John disagreed on if John was Elijah. John being the greatest prophet born of woman, according to Jesus says he is not Elijah. Jesus made the claim of being Elijah for John, as well as the greatest Jewish Prophet born of woman, surpassing Moses who the OT said no prophet as great as him was ever raised for Israel. Yet it is the laws of Moses that John and Jesus abide by. Yet Jesus disagreed with the Bibles about Moses and Jesus and John disagreed with about John being Elijah. can anyone trust what Jesus of the Bibles say or believe he said all the things the Bibles claim for him if Jesus was to be believed as honest?. Someone has to be lying in all of this.

Jesus let us know that Another comforter will come that will correct the false doctrine that will prevail after him. The fact that Jesus said the another comforter shall make correction should help Fr0sbel and others to know that if there is no correction to the biblical doctrine preached by anyone who claims he is a prophet, he is not the another comforter. Did the holy spirit make any correction? Please point me to the list of corrections.

Jesus also said the another comforter is to guide to all truth. The correction must be part of the guiding to all truth. How did the holy spirit who didnt correct guide to all truth?

Jesus said that the another comforter shall remind people of the truth that Jesus said. The truth has to be without the lies. The lies have to be corrected anyways. How did the holy spirit that didnt correct can remind anyone of the truth that Jesus said and came with? Did the holy spirit which the christians say is less than Jesus not have a physical body and no voice, but the mighty Jesus that has seniority over it had a body and had to speak up so that people can hear him? How did the bodiless and voiceless holy spirit speak to humans and succeeded in it, while Jesus its senior had to come like human and voice like human was compelled to actually be functioning like human and yet still left the ultimate duty and success to Another Comforter to fulfill? If the disciples failed and must be corrected by something should it not be something tangible with body and voice that their initial teacher, Jesus? We must limit this correction, leading to all truth, etc that the another comforter must accomplish after Jesus on the disciples alone if we say the holy spirit is the another comforter. But he had no voice while the bible reported that the Voice of god was heard by many before now, even with a dove like body at the baptism. Why changes to lack of body and voice after Jesus yet Paul was able to catch the voice of the lord in his conversion? Is this the pattern of God; Voice before with Moses in the Burning Bush, Voice and Body when he showed Himself to the jews, Voice and dove like body at baptism, no voice or body at Pentecost, then voice at conversion of Paul?

Its ironic that Jesus as God in Trinity does speak with identifiable body shape of a man to the heathens; the muslim Infidels when he want to convert them to chrstianity. But when he came as Another Comforter which is the Holy Spirit, Yahweh/Jehovah neither came as a bodied entity nor with any voice. Instead the folks spoke is tongues, not knowing what they themselves said or in which languages the spoke. This is very confusing because it would have been a sight because everyone of them will be doing their own thing.

Incidentally, Muhammad [as] warned the muslims not to raise their voices in prayers, personal conversation with God, hence many people offering prayers at the same time, individually shall not create from their voices a market place experience of noise.

Jesus gave a litmus of how to know a true prophet; The one that says Jesus is the anointed [Messiah, christ]. He also gave litmus of false prophets; those who say things god did not sent them; what they say will not come to pass. You must not be concerned about this type of prophets because they are false. Jesus was reported to say he will return before his disciples all died. Did he return as he promised? If he did, when and what did he say, do, corrected, etc? If he didnt, id there any disciples on earth, in case he arrived to fulfill his prophesy? Why are the christians still expecting him, if he has returned the only time he promised to return in the Bibles? where did he promise yet another return so that you will be justified in your expecting him? Who is the another comforter based on what Jesus said this another comforter shall have to do, by hearing from God and speaking in audible voice to man?

If the Bibles and or their writers lied on Jesus, is there any reason to take anything from the Bibles, except if we looked at what the another comforter says is correct? If the Bibles are correct, we have so many correct documents of different kinds on the same subject. Is there an ultimate correct Bible? Is the ultimate correct document not supposed to be what the another comforter says he heard God say and just simply saying it, too, in order to fulfill the prophesy of Jesus? Fr0sbel, you can't walk away now.

[Quote]Jesus said[b] “a tree is recognized by its fruit”[/b] (Matthew 12:33). When looking for “fruit,” here are three specific tests to apply to any teacher to determine the accuracy of his or her teaching[/Quote]Can an apple tree produce apples, avocados, oranges, lemons, guavas, unless these fruits are artificial to the apple tree? look at the true fruits, you will find the true prophet who is the teacher to correct the lies sewn on Jesus. Jesus mentioned this another comforter, a prophet, a teacher knowing fully well by inspiration from God that there will be lies heaped upon him by the zealots who wanted a human God. This is their desire and their desire is weak and futile at the end. Thank God for the Another Comforter [as].

We should bear in mind that OT said that a complete prophet shall arrive on earth that will only hear words of God which He puts in his mouth and he shall speak those words. Anyone who shall not come to him and follow him about the words of God, such a person shall be asked at the appropriate time; The Day of Judgment is definitely appropriate if no other time God Wills as appropriate time. Jesus, the christian has made a God, so he will not fit as 100% prophet. We must look to somebody entirely different to assume this role.
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Fr0sbel: « on: Today at 12:45:28 PM »I have to assume that Jesus was alluding to at least a true prophet shall come after him. This assumption is based on his telling us how to identify false christs and false prophets. Is there anyway we can identify a true prophet after Jesus, even if he preached anything different from what the Bibles say Jesus preached, though we are not for sure 100% Jesus preached it even based on the Bibles? Lets ask Jesus if there is any true prophet after him: My proofs are the fact that John didnt say he was not christ or the that Prophet as the jews were expecting Elijah, Christ and the that prophet to make 3. Jesus himself and John disagreed on if John was Elijah. John being the greatest prophet born of woman, according to Jesus says he is not Elijah. Jesus made the claim of being Elijah for John, as well as the greatest Jewish Prophet born of woman, surpassing Moses who the OT said no prophet as great as him was ever raised for Israel. Yet it is the laws of Moses that John and Jesus abide by. Yet Jesus disagreed with the Bibles about Moses and Jesus and John disagreed with about John being Elijah. can anyone trust what Jesus of the Bibles say or believe he said all the things the Bibles claim for him if Jesus was to be believed as honest?. Someone has to be lying in all of this.

Jesus let us know that Another comforter will come that will correct the false doctrine that will prevail after him. The fact that Jesus said the another comforter shall make correction should help Fr0sbel and others to know that if there is no correction to the biblical doctrine preached by anyone who claims he is a prophet, he is not the another comforter. Did the holy spirit make any correction? Please point me to the list of corrections.

Jesus also said the another comforter is to guide to all truth. The correction must be part of the guiding to all truth. How did the holy spirit who didnt correct guide to all truth?

Jesus said that the another comforter shall remind people of the truth that Jesus said. The truth has to be without the lies. The lies have to be corrected anyways. How did the holy spirit that didnt correct can remind anyone of the truth that Jesus said and came with? Did the holy spirit which the christians say is less than Jesus not have a physical body and no voice, but the mighty Jesus that has seniority over it had a body and had to speak up so that people can hear him? How did the bodiless and voiceless holy spirit speak to humans and succeeded in it, while Jesus its senior had to come like human and voice like human was compelled to actually be functioning like human and yet still left the ultimate duty and success to Another Comforter to fulfill? If the disciples failed and must be corrected by something should it not be something tangible with body and voice that their initial teacher, Jesus? We must limit this correction, leading to all truth, etc that the another comforter must accomplish after Jesus on the disciples alone if we say the holy spirit is the another comforter. But he had no voice while the bible reported that the Voice of god was heard by many before now, even with a dove like body at the baptism. Why changes to lack of body and voice after Jesus yet Paul was able to catch the voice of the lord in his conversion? Is this the pattern of God; Voice before with Moses in the Burning Bush, Voice and Body when he showed Himself to the jews, Voice and dove like body at baptism, no voice or body at Pentecost, then voice at conversion of Paul?

Its ironic that Jesus as God in Trinity does speak with identifiable body shape of a man to the heathens; the muslim Infidels when he want to convert them to chrstianity. But when he came as Another Comforter which is the Holy Spirit, Yahweh/Jehovah neither came as a bodied entity nor with any voice. Instead the folks spoke is tongues, not knowing what they themselves said or in which languages the spoke. This is very confusing because it would have been a sight because everyone of them will be doing their own thing.

Incidentally, Muhammad [as] warned the muslims not to raise their voices in prayers, personal conversation with God, hence many people offering prayers at the same time, individually shall not create from their voices a market place experience of noise.

Jesus gave a litmus of how to know a true prophet; The one that says Jesus is the anointed [Messiah, christ]. He also gave litmus of false prophets; those who say things god did not sent them; what they say will not come to pass. You must not be concerned about this type of prophets because they are false. Jesus was reported to say he will return before his disciples all died. Did he return as he promised? If he did, when and what did he say, do, corrected, etc? If he didnt, id there any disciples on earth, in case he arrived to fulfill his prophesy? Why are the christians still expecting him, if he has returned the only time he promised to return in the Bibles? where did he promise yet another return so that you will be justified in your expecting him? Who is the another comforter based on what Jesus said this another comforter shall have to do, by hearing from God and speaking in audible voice to man?

If the Bibles and or their writers lied on Jesus, is there any reason to take anything from the Bibles, except if we looked at what the another comforter says is correct? If the Bibles are correct, we have so many correct documents of different kinds on the same subject. Is there an ultimate correct Bible? Is the ultimate correct document not supposed to be what the another comforter says he heard God say and just simply saying it, too, in order to fulfill the prophesy of Jesus? Fr0sbel, you can't walk away now.

Can an apple tree produce apples, avocados, oranges, lemons, guavas, unless these fruits are artificial to the apple tree? look at the true fruits, you will find the true prophet who is the teacher to correct the lies sewn on Jesus. Jesus mentioned this another comforter, a prophet, a teacher knowing fully well by inspiration from God that there will be lies heaped upon him by the zealots who wanted a human God. This is their desire and their desire is weak and futile at the end. Thank God for the Another Comforter [as].

We should bear in mind that OT said that a complete prophet shall arrive on earth that will only hear words of God which He puts in his mouth and he shall speak those words. Anyone who shall not come to him and follow him about the words of God, such a person shall be asked at the appropriate time; The Day of Judgment is definitely appropriate if no other time God Wills as appropriate time. Jesus, the christian has made a God, so he will not fit as 100% prophet. We must look to somebody entirely different to assume this role.

Summary :  Muhammad was  False Prophet according to Jesus Christ.

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book." - Revelation 22:18
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by crossman9(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2012
Contradictions in the Qur'an

http://answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/

The purpose of this page
We do not reject the Qur'an because of this list of contradictions. There are many reasons of much more substantial nature why we do not believe the Qur'an to be from the one true God. You will find those discussed on other pages of this web site (e.g. [1], [2]). This page is not intended as an attack on the Qur'an. Sadly, many Muslims have become unnecessarily aggravated because they did not understand the purpose of this collection.

It is my experience that many Muslims try to evade a discussion of the real issues regarding the truth of Islam and Christianity by pushing "101 Bible Contradictions" (or similar compilations) into our face. Muslim web sites abound in articles and collections attacking the integrity of the Bible by means of contradiction lists. Many have the attitude that "because the Bible is riddled with contradictions, errors, absurdities and problems, there is no need for me to make the effort to understand it." With such an attitude no real dialog can develop. Our goal is to get beyond superficial word games to discussing the relevant core issues over which we differ.

It has mostly proven useless to explain one set of contradictions because there is always another one that can be added to the list. It is important to be able to give explanations of the difficult Biblical passages including those that seem contradictory. We are working hard to provide good answers to honest questions in our Bible Commentary and the section on alleged Bible contradictions. However, most Muslims' rejection of the Bible is not based on such contradiction lists. For most Muslims this rejection is an integral part of their faith long before they have ever seen any such "contradictions". These lists are usually only used as a convenient means to justify a rejection of the Bible which would otherwise be very difficult to explain rationally.

Counteracting this evasive or even hostile attitude is the purpose of this page. If both sides can come to the recognition that their own book, the scripture which is the basis of their faith, be it the Bible or the Qur'an, contains some very difficult passages which might even look like plain errors or logical contradictions (depending on the level of hostility employed when looking at it), then we might be more forgiving towards the other and be motivated to not judge prematurely but to make a serious effort to understand each of the books and the essential teachings of the respective faith in a deeper way before we come to a decision why we do or do not believe them.

Debates about contradictions are rarely fruitful because people tend to insist reading the texts of the opponent in the most rigid and literal manner to make it look bad, while being very lenient with their own book, allowing extra assumptions, metaphorical interpretations and other means to somehow explain how this can be understood without being a contradiction.

Some Muslims have proven by their provided responses that they possess a quite ingenious and creative mind. It is for our readers to decide whether or not the provided answers are fully satisfactory for them. It is not for me to make that decision on their behalf. This is one reason that I will not remove even those contradictions that I find answered to my personal satisfaction. A second reason is that keeping the effectively answered contradictions on this site will help Muslims and Christians who don't know the possible responses to contradictions they encountered elsewhere, to find them here. As such this page can be a valuable resource for both Christians and Muslims, similar to various Christian pages about seeming Bible contradictions. To compare like with like, I will make the strongest possible case for something being contradictory and wrong, similar to the Muslim attacks on the Bible. The difference to Muslim web sites is that we give the right of response.

It is our prayer that even this page may help Muslims and Christians to make progress in mutual understanding, to come to a proper perspective regarding the "contradictions issue" and to a realization what the real issues are which we need to concentrate on in our dialogs and debates.

Having clarified the purpose of this page we now challenge our Muslim friends with the following compilation to rethink their approach for determining the truth of scripture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction
Because the Bible seemingly contains errors therefore the Bible is not God's word. The Qur'an on the other hand is free from discrepancies and this is proof that the Qur'an is from God since Sura 4:82 states:

Do they not ponder on the Qur'an?
Had it been from other than Allah,
they would surely have found therein much discrepancy.
See also this Muslim presentation: The no-contradiction challenge of the Qur'an.

But reality is not as simple as many would want us believe.
There are three basic categories of contradictions in the Qur'an:

Internal contradictions: Verses contradicting each other or the laws of logic
External errors: Verses contradicting the facts of history or science
Verses contradicting the earlier revelations
Further: Contradictions between Muslim Traditions and the Qur'an

Other web web sites with pages on errors, contradictions or problems in the Qur'an.
For your convenience: Download all contradictions in a .zip format.

If you are able to resolve to your own satisfaction the Qur'an problems presented here, then probably you will be able to understand that Christians can with a similar effort explain to their own satisfaction most of the difficulties in the Bible. Try to be fair and evaluate the Bible with an equal standard as the Qur'an. Don't judge it with harsher criteria than you are ready to use when reading the Qur'an. Even better, read the Bible to understand its meaning and message and not to find fault with it on such superficial levels.

Think about this: Errors in the Bible prove that the Qur'an is not from God.

To several of the presented problems Muslim responses are available on our site. Links to the individual responses will be given usually at the bottom of the pages dealing with the specific issue. If you want to contribute your personal response to one of the topics below I need to insist that you do this in this format also outlining my policy on linking or displaying Muslim responses, as well as the issue of using English translations of the Qur'an. But some think my offer is dishonest. There are further Muslim responses to this summary page available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important notice: This is an overview page which only gives short summaries of the observed contradictions. Before you respond to any of them, first click on the link to the detailed discussion of the individual contradiction!

Internal Contradictions:
Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong? Sura 34:50 commands Muhammad to say, "If I go astray, I go astray only to my own loss," which is a severe factual error in the Qur'an as well as contradicting the teaching of the Qur'an in a number of other verses.
Allah, Adam, and the Angels. There are a great number of problems and inconsistencies between the several accounts of Adam's creation, Allah's command to prostrate before Adam, Satans refusal, etc.
Who Was the First Muslim? Muhammad [6:14, 163], Moses [7:143], some Egyptians [26:51], or Abraham [2:127-133, 3:67] or Adam, the first man who also received inspiration from Allah [2:37]?
Can Allah be seen and did Muhammad see his Lord? Yes [S. 53:1-18, 81:15-29], No [6:102-103, 42:51].
Were Warners Sent to All Mankind Before Muhammad? Allah had supposedly sent warners to every people [10:47, 16:35-36, 35:24], Abraham and Ishmael are specifically claimed to have visited Mecca and built the Kaaba [2:125-129]. Yet, Muhammad supposedly is sent to a people who never had a messenger before [28:46, 32:3, 34:44, 36:2-6]. This article also raises other issues: What about Hud and Salih who supposedly were sent to the Arabs? What about the Book that was supposedly given to Ishmael? Etc.
What will be the food for the people in Hell? The food for the people in Hell will be only "Dhari" [Sura 88:6], or only foul pus from the washing of wounds [S. 69:36], or will they also get to eat from the tree of Zaqqum [S. 37:66]? Together, these verses constitute three contradictions.
Can Angels Cause the Death of People? The Qur'an attacks those who worship anyone besides God (e.g. angels or prophets) because those can neither create, nor give life, nor cause anyone to die. Yet, the Qur'an explicitly states that one angel or several angels are causing certain people to die [Sura 4:97, 16:28, 32, 32:11].
Confusion Concerning Identity of the Spirit and Gabriel (a long discussion of dozens of references)
'Iddah rules for divorced and widowed women appear to be arbitrary and inconsistent.
Is there a minimum age of marriage for girls?
To Marry or Not to Marry? The Qur'an forbids believers to marry idolatrous women [Sura 2:221], and calls Christians idolaters and unbelievers [9:28-33], but still allows Muslims to marry Christian women [5:5].
Will it be accepted of them or not?
Will Allah reward the good deeds of Unbelievers? S. 9:17 and 9:69 clearly say no. However, S. 99:7 implies yes. Moreover, S. 2:62 promises Christians reward for their good deeds. But S. 9:28-33; 5:17, 72-73 calls Christians idolaters, and S. 9:17 is very clear that idolaters will have no reward.
Should Muslims Accept Peace or Not?
Fighting All People Until They Do What?
Compel them or Not?
Can They Disbelieve in the Last Day and be Safe?
Should Muslims show kindness to their parents? On the one hand, the Quran commands all Muslims to show kindness to their parents, even if they are disbelievers [17:23-24, 31:14-15, 29:8, etc.]. On the other hand, it demands not to show any love or friendship to those who oppose Muhammad, even if they are their parents [9:23, 58:22].
Can one be a believer in God and oppose Muhammad at the same time?
How many mothers does a Muslim have? Only one [58:2, the woman who gave birth and none else], or two [4:23, including the mother who nursed him], or at least ten [33:6]?
And it just doesn't add up: Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Qur'anic inheritance law. When a man dies, and is leaving behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife, they will receive the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together [both according to verse 4:11] and 1/8 for the wife [4:12] which adds up to more than the available estate. A second example: A man leaves only his mother, his wife and two sisters, then they receive 1/3 [mother, 4:11], 1/4 [wife, 4:12] and 2/3 [the two sisters, 4:176], which again adds up to 15/12 of the available property.
How many angels were talking to Mary? When the Qur'an speaks about the announciation of the birth of Jesus to the virgin Mary, Sura 3:42,45 speaks about (several) angels while it is only one in Sura 19:17-21. (This article has received many Muslim responses which are quoted or linked and/or discussed at the end of the article.)
Further numerical discrepancies Does Allah's day equal to 1,000 human years (Sura 22:47, 32:5) or 50,000 human years (Sura 70:4)? --- According to Sura 56:7 there will be THREE distinct groups of people at the Last Judgement, but 90:18-19, 99:6-8, etc. mention only TWO groups. --- There are conflicting views on who takes the souls at death: THE Angel of Death [32:11], THE angels (plural) [47:27] but also "It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death." [39:42] Angels have 2, 3, or 4 pairs of wings [35:1]; but Gabriel had 600 wings. [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 455]
How many days did Allah need to destroy the people of Aad? One day [54:19] or several days [41:16; 69:6,7]
Six or eight days of creation? Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days. But in 41:9-12 the detailed description of the creation procedure adds up to eight days. (This topic also includes many Muslim responses and further discussion.)
Quick or Slow Creation? Allah creates the heavens and the earth in six days [7:54] and many Muslims want to be modern and scientific, and make that six eons, but then again, He creates instantaneously [2:117], "Be! And it is".
Heavens or Earth? Which was created first? First earth and then heaven [2:29], heaven and after that earth [79:27-30].
Calling together or ripping apart? In the process of creation heaven and earth were first apart and are called to come together [41:11], while 21:30 states that they were originally one piece and then ripped apart.
What was man created from? A blood clot [96:1-2], water [21:30, 24:45, 25:54], "sounding" (i.e. burned) clay [15:26], dust [3:59, 30:20, 35:11], nothing [19:67] and this is then denied in 52:35, earth [11:61], a drop of thickened fluid [16:4, 75:37]
What were jinn created from?
The descent of the Quran: Piecemeal or all at once?
Examining the inherent problems with the descent of the Quran
Is half the Quran already fully detailed?
Fully Detailed Or Incomplete? The Qur'an claims for itself to be (fully) detailed, that nothing is left out of the book [6:38, 6:114, 12:111, 16:89 etc.]. However there are plenty of important issues which are left unclear in the Qur'an. This article discusses the confusion found in the quranic statements on wine.
Is the Quran Completely Clear or Not?
The Perspicuity of the Quran and It’s Mysterious Letters
Worshiping the Same or a Different God? Muhammad is commanded to speak to the disbelievers: ,  nor do you worship what I worship [109:3]. However, other verses in the Qur'an state clearly that those disbelieving his message are in fact worshiping the same God, Allah.
Did the Meccan Polytheist Believe That Allah Was The Supreme Being?
To Intercede or Not To Intercede? - That is the Question! The Qur'an makes contradictory statements whether on the Day of Judgment intercession will be possible. No: [2:122-123, 254; 6:51; 82:18-19; etc.]. Yes: [20:109; 34:23; 43:86; 53:26; etc.]. Each position can be further supported by ahadith.
How the Islamic Doctrine of Intercession undermines Allah's Omniscience
Where is Allah and his throne? Allah is nearer than the jugular vein [50:16], but he is also on the throne [57:4] which is upon the water [11:7], and at the same time so far away, that it takes between 1,000 and 50,000 years to reach him [32:5, 70:4].
The origin of calamity? Is the evil in our life from Satan [38:41], Ourselves [4:79], or Allah [4:78]?
How merciful is Allah's mercy? He has prescribed mercy for himself [6:12], yet he does not guide some, even though he could [6:35, 14:4].
Does Allah command to do evil? No [7:28, 16:90]. Yes [17:16, ]. Two examples are also given, where Allah clearly commanded or permitted indecent actions [2:229-230, 2:187].
Should Muhammad Get Paid Or Shouldn’t He?
A Contradiction Regarding Muhammad's Fatherhood
Will there be inquiry in Paradise? "neither will they question one another" [23:101] but nevertheless they will be "engaging in mutual inquiry" [52:25], "and they will ,  question one another" [37:27].
Are angels protectors? "NO protector besides Allah" [2:107, 29:22]. But in Sura 41:31 the angels themselves say: "We are your protectors in this life and the Hereafter." And also in other suras is their role described as guarding [13:11, 50:17-18] and protecting [82:10].
Is Allah the only Wali? On the one hand, Allah is supposedly the only wali (protector, helper, friend) [9:116, 17:111, 32:4, 42:28], on the other hand, the messenger and the believers are walis [5:55, 9:71], Allah has walis [10:62], and he raises walis [4:75].
Does Allah Act Alone Or Does He Have Partners That Assist Him?
Is Allah the Only Judge or Not?
Is Allah the only sovereign or isn’t he?
Are all obedient and prostrating to Allah? That is the claim in 16:49 and 30:26, but dozens of verses speak of the proud disobedience of Satan [7:11, 15:28-31, 17:61, 20:116, 38:71-74, 18:50] as well of many different human beings who reject His commands and His revelations.
Does Allah forgive shirk? Shirk is considered the worst of all sins, but the author of the Qur'an seems unable to decide if Allah will ever forgive it or not. No [4:48, 116], Yes [4:153, 25:68-71]. Abraham committed this sin of polytheism as he takes moon, sun, stars to be his Lord [6:76-78], yet Muslims believe that all prophets are without any sin.
Abraham and the Sun
Abraham's Monotheism
Abraham's Progeny? How the Qur'an messed up Abraham's family tree
Did All Prophets Receive the Same Book?
The event of worship of the golden calf: The Israelites repented about worshipping the golden calf BEFORE Moses returned from the mountain [7:149], yet they refused to repent but rather continued to worship the calf until Moses came back [20:91]. Does Aaron share in their guilt? No [20:85-90], yes [20:92, 7:151].
Was Jonah cast on the desert shore or was he not? "Then We cast him on a desert shore while he was sick" [37:145] "Had not Grace from his Lord reached him, he would indeed have been cast off on the Unclad shore while he was reprobate." [68:49]
Moses and the Injil? Jesus is born more than 1,000 years after Moses, but in 7:157 Allah speaks to Moses about what is written in the Injil [the book given to Jesus].
Can slander of chaste women be forgiven? Yes [24:5], No [24:23].
How do we receive the record on Judgment Day? On Judgement day the lost people are given the Record (of their bad deeds): Behind their back [84:10], or in their left hand [69:25].
Can angels disobey? No angel is arrogant, they all obey Allah [16:49-50], but: "And behold, we said to the ANGELS: 'Bow down to Adam'. And THEY bowed down, EXCEPT Iblis. He refused and was haughty." [2:34]. This article includes links to answers to four Muslim responses.
How many wings does an angel have? Angels have 2, 3, or 4 wings [35:1]; but Gabriel had 600 wings according to Sahih al-Bukhari.
Is Satan an angel or a jinn?
Three contradictions in 2:97 and 16:101-103 Who brings the revelation from Allah to Muhammad? The ANGEL Gabriel [2:97], or the Holy Spirit [16:102]? The new revelation confirms the old [2:97] or substitutes it [16:101]? The Qur'an is PURE Arabic [16:103] but there are numerous foreign, non-Arabic words in it.
Do not say, "Three"!? It is impossible to recite Sura 4:171 without transgressing the command contained in it.
The infinite loop problem Sura 26:192,195,196: "It (the Qur'an) is indeed a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds, ,  in clear Arabic speech and indeed IT (the Qur'an) is in the writings of the earlier (prophets)." Now, the 'earlier writings' are the Torah and the Injil for example, written in Hebrew and Greek. HOW can an ARABIC Qur'an be contained in books of other languages? Furthermore, it would have to contain this very passage of the Qur'an since the Qur'an is properly contained in them. Hence these earlier writings have to be contained in yet other earlier writings and we are in an infinite loop, which is absurd.
Is the Torah like the Qur'an, or is it not? The Muslim claim of the corruption of the Bible leads to a contradiction between S. 2:24 and 17:88 on the one hand, and 28:49 and 46:10 on the other.
Should Jews and Christians follow the Bible or the Quran?
"An old woman" and God's character About the story of Lot: "So we delivered him and his family, - all exept an old woman who lingered behind." [Sura 26:170-171] And again: "But we saved him and his family, exept his wife: she was of those who lagged behind. [Sura 7:83]. Either this is a contradiction or if indeed Lot's wife is derogatorily called "an old woman" then this does not show much respect for her as a wife of a prophet.
More problems with the story of Lot "And his people gave NO answer but this: They said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" [Sura 7:82 & 27:56]. Yet: "But his people gave NO answer but this: They said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth." [Sura 29:29]. Obviously these answers are different.
The "pleasure" of Allah? Is God's action of punishment or mercy and guidance or misguidance arbitrary?
Did Abraham smash the idols? The accounts of Abraham, Suras 19:41-49, 6:74-83 differ quite a bit from Sura 21:51-59. While in Sura 21 Abraham confronts his people strongly, and even destroys the idols, in Sura 19 Abraham shuts up after his father threatens him to stone him for speaking out against the idols. And he seems not only to become silent, but even to leave the area ("turning away from them all"wink.
What about Noah's son? According to Sura 21:76, Noah and his family is saved from the flood, and Sura 37:77 confirms that his seed survived. But Sura 11:42-43 reports that Noah's son drowns.
Was Noah driven out? "Before them *the people of Noah* rejected (their messenger): They rejected Our servant and said, 'Here is One possessed!' And he was driven out." [Sura 54:9] Now, if he is driven out [expelled from their country] how come they can scoff at him while he is building the ark since we read "Forthwith he (starts) constructing the Ark: Every time that the Chiefs of *his people* passed by him, they threw ridicule on him." [Sura 11:38] He cannot be both: Driven out and near enough that they can regularly pass by.
Pharaoh's Magicians: Muslims or Rejectors of Faith? Did the Magicians of Pharaoh, Egyptians, become believers in the God of Moses [7:103-126; 20:56-73; S. 26:29-51] or did only Israelites believe in Moses [10:83]?
How many gods did the Egyptians worship?
Pharaoh's repentance in the face of death? According to Sura 10:90-92, Pharaoh repented "in the sight of death" and was saved. But Sura 4:18 says that such a thing can't happen.
Abrogation? "The words of the Lord are perfect in truth and justice; there is NONE who can change His words." [Sura 6:115] Also see 6:34 and 10:64. But then Allah (Muhammad?) sees the need to exchange some of them for "better ones" [Sura 2:106, 16:101]. And it is not for ignorant people to question Allah because of such practices!
Guiding to truth? "Say: 'God - He guides to the truth; and which is worthier to be followed , ?" [Sura 10:35] But how much is left over of this worthiness when we also read: "Allah leads astray whom he pleases, and he guides whom He pleases, , " [Sura 14:4]. And how do we know in which of Allah's categories of pleasure we fall? How sure can a Muslim be that he is one of those guided right and not one of those led astray?
What is the punishment for adultery? Flogging with a 100 stripes (men and women) [24:2], "confine them to houses until death do claim them (lifelong house arrest - for the women) [4:15]. For men: "If they repent and amend, leave them alone" [4:16]. 24:2 contradicts both the procedure for women and men in Sura 4. And why is the punishment for women and men equal in Sura 24 but different in Sura 4?
How are the sexually immoral supposed to be punished?
The Problem of Divine Sovereignty, Predestination, Salvation and Human Free Will
Who suffers the consequence of sins? The Qur'an declares that everyone will be held responsible only for his own sins [S. 17:13-15, 53:38-42]. Yet, the Qur'an accuses the Jews of Muhammad's day for the sins committed some 2000 years earlier by other Jews, e.g. worshipping the Golden Calf idol.
Will Christians enter Paradise or go to Hell? Sura 2:62 and 5:69 say "Yes", Sura 5:72 (just 3 verses later) and 3:85 say "No".
God alone or also men? Clear or incomprehensible? The Qur'an is "clear Arabic speech." [16:103] Yet "NONE knows its interpretation, save only Allah." [3:7]. Actually, "men of understanding do grasp it." [3:7]
Was Pharaoh Drowned or Saved when chasing Moses and the Israelites? Saved [10:92], drowned [28:40, 17:103, 43:55].
When Commanded Pharaoh the Killing of the Sons? When Moses was a Prophet and spoke God's truth to Pharaoh [40:23-25] or when he was still an infant [20:38-39]?
When/how are the fates determined? "The night of power is better than a thousand months. The angels and spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees." [97:3,4] "Lo! We revealed it on a blessed night." [44:3] To Muslims, the "Night of Power" is a blessed night on which fates are settled and on which everything relating to life, death, etc., which occurs throughout the year is decreed. It is said to be the night on which Allah's decrees for the year are brought down to the earthly plane. In other words, matters of creation are decreed a year at a time. Contradicting this, Sura 57:22 says, "No affliction befalls in the earth or in your selves, but it is in a Book before we create it." This means it is written in the Preserved Tablet, being totally fixed in Allah's knowledge before anyone was created. All of the above is contradicted by "And every man's fate We have fastened to his own neck." This says that man alone is responsible for what he does and what happens to him. [17:13]
Wine: Good or bad? Strong drink and ,  are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. [5:90, also 2:219]. Yet on the other hand in Paradise are rivers of wine [47:15, also 83:22,25]. How does Satan's handiwork get into Paradise?
Good News of Painful Torture? Obviously, announcing torment and suffering to anyone is bad news, not good news. However, the Qur'an announces the good news of painful torment [3:21, 4:138, 9:3, 9:34, 31:7, 45:8, and 84:24].
Jinns and men created for worship or for Hell? Created only to serve God [Sura 51:56], many of them made for Hell [Sura 7:179].
Preferred for Hell? S. 17:70 says that Allah prefers (all) the children of Adam over many of his creatures, but S. 98:6 declares the majority of men to be the worst of creatures, many of them being even created specifically for Hell (S. 7:179).
Will people stay in Hell forever, or not?
Will all Muslims go to Hell? According to Sura 19:71 every Muslim will go to Hell (for at least some time), while another passage states that those who die in Jihad will go to Paradise immediately.
Will Allah disgrace Muslims? On the day of judgment Allah will not humiliate or disgrace the Prophet and those who believe in him [S. 66:8]. However, 19:71 says that everyone will enter Hell, and 3:192 states that whomsoever Allah sends to Hell, is disgraced thereby.
Will Jesus burn in Hell? Jesus is raised to Allah, [Sura 4:158], near stationed with him [Sura 3:45], worshiped by millions of Christians, yet Sura 21:98 says, that all that are worshiped by men besides Allah will burn in Hell together with those who worship them.
Is Jesus God or Not? In Sura 16:17, 20-21 and S. 25:3 we find a criterion to distinguish the true God from false gods. Yet, according to S. 3:49, 55, 4:157-158, 5:110, 6:2, and 38:71-72 Jesus satisfies the definition and should be considered true Deity.
Is Jesus Like Adam? S. 3:59 makes this claim, but how many aspects of likeness are there really?
Can there be a son without a consort? Allah cannot have a son without a consort [Sura 6:101], but Mary can have a son without a consort because that is easy for Allah [Sura 19:21].
Who is the father of Jesus? A more involved argument that is difficult to summarize in one sentence.
Begetting and Self-sufficiency A self-contradiction on account of confused terminology.
Could Allah have a son? Sura 39:4 affirms and Sura 6:101 denies this possibility.
Did Jesus Die already? Sura 3:144 states that all messengers died before Muhammad. But 4:158 claims that Jesus was raised to God (alive?).
One Creator or many? The Qur'an uses twice the phrase that Allah is "the best of creators" [23:14, 37:125]. What other creators are in mind? On the other hand, many verses make clear that Allah alone is "the creator of all things" [e.g. 39:62]. There is nothing left for others to be a creator of.
From among all nations or from Abraham's seed? Sura 29:27 states that all prophets came Abraham's seed. But 16:36 claims that Allah raised messengers from among every people.
Marrying the wives of adopted sons? It is important that Muslims can marry the divorced wives of adopted sons [Sura 33:37], yet it is forbidden to adopt sons [Sura 33:4-5].
Messengers were never sent to other than their own people? So it is claimed in Sura 14:4 and 30:47. However, the Bible and the Qur'an, and the Muslim traditions confirm that Jonah was sent to a different nation.
Messengers Were Sent Only to Their Own People? Sura 14:4 states that never was a messenger sent except in the language of his own people. Yet, the Quran itself claims that Jesus is supposed to be a sign to all people, that the Torah and Gospel are for all people, that Moses was sent to Pharaoh of Egypt, and that Muhammad is sent to all of mankind. The hadith also claim that Noah was sent to "the inhabitants of the earth".
Did Allah give a Greek Injil to the Jews?
What kind of book is the Injil?
Messengers Amongst the Jinns and Angels? Allah sent only men as messengers [Suras 12:109, 21:7-8, 25:20-21] but there seemingly are messengers from Jinns and Angels [6:130; 11:69,77; 22:75; etc., see article for details].
Do all of God's messengers eat food?
A Messenger from among the beasts? Allah sent only men as messengers [Suras 12:109, 21:7-8, 25:20-21]. Yet, the Qur'an also speaks about a beast that is a messenger from Allah to men [S. 27:82].
Is Muhammad Only A Warner or a Prophet/Messenger?
Did the Messengers Perform Miracles?
Divinely Inspired Ignorance?
Which Prophets Did the Jews Kill?
Another eleven contradictions, 
Further:

Examples of conflicting versions of the same story in the Qur'an
Contradictory Grammar
,  and more , 

Statements that are difficulties only because of the wording in the English translation:
      To speak or not to speak? Say: I shall not speak to any man today. (Sura 19:26)
Further pages with Muslim responses:

A summary response to (some of items) above
Misha'al Al-Kadhi's response titled "Does the Word of God in the Noble Qur'an Contain Contradictions?" He never informed me that he was writing about me ,  Maybe he hoped that as long as I don't know about it he will not be refuted? Carefully compare my reasoning and his reply, since many times he only responds to the short abstract given on this page, without paying any attention to the detailed discussion of each of these contradictions, found when one follows the given links.
The same approach was taken by Laaman Ball in his Response to Internal Contradictions which prompted my question in return.
Some interesting responses from the sectarian Qur'an Only camp: [*]
Osama Abdallah also put together a number of responses [*]
Answering Islam's Critics is Shabir Ally's new page in response to the Qur'an Contradictions. Having just written a response to only the first entry above, he already claims they are all invalid. That seems somewhat premature to us.

External Contradictions:

Introductory question
Science:

Solomon listening to ants? In Sura 27:18-19 Solomon overhears a "conversation of ants".
Is this possible based on our knowledge about the mode and complexity of ant communication?
The stars and the moon The Qur'an teaches that there are seven heavens one above the other [67:3, 71:15], and that the stars are in the lower heaven [67:5, 37:6, 41:12], but the moon is depicted as being in/inside the seven heavens [71:16], even though in reality the stars are much further away from the earth than the moon.
Qur'an and Science: Section Four in Dr. Campbell's book
Qur'an and Embryology
Can non-living matter think, feel and have a will?
The human embryonic development
The place of Sun rise and Sun set
The Seven Earths
Stars created to be thrown at devils?
Sun and moon are subject to man?
Mountains and Earthquakes
The impossible conversation
Solomon and the animals, 
Allah's forgotten creatures
Shaking the trunk of the palm tree?
Thinking with the bosoms?
All things are made in pairs? Sura 51:49 claims that everything is created in pairs. But this is not true! There are quite a number of things that have no counterpart and species where only one gender exists.
Are Fruits Male and Female?

History:

The Qur'an Attacks ,  Christianity?
Selling Joseph for a few Dirhams? (before coins were even invented)
Moses and the Samaritan?
The farthest Mosque?
Alexander the Great, a Muslim?
None else was named "John" before John the Baptist?
Two Pharaohs who crucified?
Burnt bricks in Egypt?
Israel, the Quran and the Promised Land
Were they utterly destroyed?
Jesus was not crucified?
The anachronistic title al-`Aziz given to Potiphar [with special gratitude to Islamic Awareness for making such a big deal about a minor point on a defunct web page, and forcing the issue into public attention.]

The Qur'an in Contradiction to the Earlier Revelations:

Ultimately, the strongest, most serious problem of the Qur'an is that it affirms the scriptures of the Jews and the Christians as authentic and true revelation from God (cf. what the Qur'an says about the Bible), while radically denying central aspects of their message, e.g. the core themes of sacrifice and atonement in the Torah, the crucifixion of Jesus, the deity of Jesus and even the mere messianic title "Son of God" for Jesus, the very nature of God, the fall and the sinfulness of man (*, *), necessity and means of salvation, etc. For this reason Muslims had to invent the unwarranted theory of corruption of the earlier scriptures, even against the clear testimony of the Qur'an itself.

In the following some smaller discrepancies between the Qur'an and the scriptures it supposedly confirms.

Historical Compressions:
Saul, David, Gideon and Goliath
A Samaritan tempting the Israelites in Moses time?
Prophets and Kings in Israel before the time of Moses?
Moses and the Gospel?
Punishment for future disobedience?
Mary, the sister of Aaron?
Pharaoh and Haman?
A Pharaoh Who Forgot to Die in Time?
Was there a second period of slaying the sons of the Israelites?
Moses or Jacob?
Did Joseph's parents go to Egypt?
Abraham's name
Abraham and Solomon
Other contradictions in comparison to the Bible:

Introductory remark

Did God teach Adam the names of the animals?
Noah's Age
Were Believers Really Called Muslims Before the Time of Muhammad?
The Quran’s Mistakes regarding the Biblical Patriarchs
Who Adopted Moses: Pharaoh’s Daughter or Pharaoh’s Wife?
Adoption by Adaption analyzes various discrepancies inf the quranic version of the stories of Moses and Joseph.
A Flood in the time of Moses?
The Quran, Moses and the Tablets of Stone
Solomon Working with Demons
Israel's Response to the Covenant: ‘We Obey’ or ‘We Disobey’?
Where is the Blood?
Animal sacrifices for Christians?
Why did the Queen of Sheba come to Solomon?
Ezra the Son of God?
Jesus reached old age?
Did the golden calf say 'Moo'?
Did disobedience result in extra commandments?
How many messengers were sent to Noah's people?
Further discussion: Who are those messengers that were rejected by Noah's people?
The Progeny of Abraham?
Two young men?
How many wings does an angel have?

More contradictions between Qur'an and Bible

-- Sura 4:82
Since this verse is claiming that there is "no contradiction / discrepancy" in the Qur'an, therefore itself has to be part of the list of contradictions because it contradicts the existence of the above listed contradictions. Or would you say because it says "much" and the above aren't "enough of them" yet to qualify for "much", all is actually fine?

If you want to use these contradictions when talking to your Muslim friends, then read this.

A book on this topic, listing several hundred difficult issues in the Qur'an is:

`Abdallah `Abd al-Fadi
Is the Qur'an Infallible?
Order Number VB 4009 E
available from:
Light of Life, P.O.Box 13, A-9503 Villach, Austria
Also available in Arabic.
Other Pages on these topics:

Chapters 6 - 11 in the book "Behind the Veil"
Errors in the Qur'an
A Partial List of Problems and Contradictions in the Quran
Quran Contradictions
If you know of another contradiction or error I have missed so far, I would appreciate a message informing me about it.

The reason for this page, 

If you have browsed the contradictions page and have the feeling this is a really mean, disrespectful and distasteful attack on the Qur'an, ,  and Muslims would never do things like that to the Bible ,  maybe you would like to have a look around some Muslim sites:

The Bible Criticism Page [1], [2], [3], [4] is copied and displayed on many Islamic sites and often one of the first links that you see when entering these Islamic pages: [1], [1a], [2], ,  [3], and a similar page is here.
What do you think about Muslims using Atheist material?

I take no joy in this approach. Muslims have forced it on me with their pages.
Please read the purpose statement for this page to understand my motivation better.

Furthermore, there are "genuinely" Muslim pages, that are not just relying on the atheists, but they have their own Bible contradictions. I am giving again several locations of the identical text, to show how important these books are to Muslims and how often they are used.

Shabir Ally's "101 Clear Contradictions in the Bible" are quite popular, but it is interesting to note that none of the Muslim pages is willing to link to the Christian response to their attack on the Bible. What is the fear? Why do Muslims demand that we link to their responses on the Qur'an contradictions but they are not willing to link to the Christian response to Bible contradictions?

Abdul Rahman Dimashkiah presents "Let the Bible Speak" ([1], [2], [3], [4], [5])
Dr. Norlain Dindang Mababaya's "God: Is not the Author of Confusion" is responded to on our site
101 Questions About Christianity ([1], [2], [3])
====> Christian Responses

Evaluating the Claims of the Qur'an
Answering Islam Home Page

http://answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Sweetnecta: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Fr0sbel; « on: Today at 12:45:28 PM »
[Quote]1) What does this teacher say about Jesus? In Matthew 16:15-16, Jesus asks, “Who do you say I am?” Peter answers, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,” and for this answer Peter is called “blessed.” In 2 John 9, we read, “Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; [/b]whoever continues in the teaching has both[b] the Father and the Son.” In other words, Jesus Christ and His work of redemption is of utmost importance; beware of anyone who denies that Jesus is equal with God, who downplays Jesus’ sacrificial death, or who rejects Jesus’ humanity. First John 2:22 says, “Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.”[/Quote]If teacher is also a prophet, he will agree with the truth that Jesus brought and said about himself, while false teachers and false prophets can do two things; either water down the absolute truth of Jesus or elevate Jesus to what he is not. Lets deal with what Jesus said about himself and if Jesus disagrees with Peter, then Peter is a liar or somebody lied against Peter. Thank God the Bible was not written by Peter, so the quote is very suspicious. Jesus said about himself; I am the christ. He did not say he was the son of the living God, while others were not. In fact the whole of Jewish nations are children of the living God, even so much so that they are Gods Himself. There is nothing unique about being 'child of the living God" because there were so many sons and children by the living god that some of them became interested in daughters of men, so much so that they came from heaven to knock them up. But no one of the Jewish nations person is The Christ, a position unique to Jesus, alone. What did the another Comforter, a True Teacher and True prophet of God, Muhammad say about Jesus? Isa ibn Maryam, he is the massiah. And Muhammad [as] never called anyone the same title.

Anything that emphasized son of God is false while messiah is the only appropriate statement about Jesus.

Fr0sbel cant keep his lies straight; He destroys Trinity in many instances but will want us to accept it, though he emphasized that God is the Only Important Entity to have. He will want to tag Jesus with Him, by round about way, while he forgets that it is the holy spirit that strengthened Jesus of the Bibles and not Jesus strengthening the holy Spirit. Yet these two are irrelevant to God's Absolute Power and Ability to do all things.

[Quote]2) Does this teacher preach the gospel? The gospel is defined as the good news concerning Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection, according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). [/b]As nice as they sound, the statements “God loves you,” “God wants us to feed the hungry,” and “God wants you to be wealthy” are not the complete message of the gospel. [b]As Paul warns in Galatians 1:7, “Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.” No one, not even a great preacher, has the right to change the message that God gave us. “If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!” (Galatians 1:9).[/Quote]Is amy of the bold from Jesus? Of course not. They are all the handmade of Paul, who was not even a disciple. That tells you something about the true Gospel of Jesus; it is not found in the Bibles. But you can find it in the Quran. What is the truth that Jesus said? Go to the Quran and index "Jesus". You can better educate yourself, instead of accepting what Paul said. Jesus was a prophet and he spoke about the another comforter as a prophetic teacher coming from God. Muhammad [as] fulfilled this role, coming from God as a prophet.

[Quote]3) Does this teacher exhibit character qualities that glorify the Lord? Speaking of false teachers, Jude 11 says, “They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.” In other words, a false teacher can be known by his pride (Cain’s rejection of God’s plan), greed (Balaam’s prophesying for money), and rebellion (Korah’s promotion of himself over Moses). Jesus said to beware of such people and that we would know them by their fruits (Matthew 7:15-20).[/Quote]Is everything in the Gospel from the mouth of Jesus? Lets leave the other books of NT, I do not want you to say I am criticizing them too much. Why cant Jesus defend himself by his own words?

[Quote]For further study, review those books of the Bible that were written specifically to combat false teaching within the church: Galatians, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, and Jude. It is often difficult to spot a false teacher/false prophet. Satan masquerades as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14), and his ministers masquerade as servants of righteousness (2 Corinthians 11:15). Only by being thoroughly familiar with the truth will we be able to recognize a counterfeit.[/Quote]If the former Muslims only knew that Satan is masquerading as "Jesus" to them!
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Fr0sbel; « on: Today at 12:45:28 PM »If teacher is also a prophet, he will agree with the truth that Jesus brought and said about himself, while false teachers and false prophets can do two things; either water down the absolute truth of Jesus or elevate Jesus to what he is not. Lets deal with what Jesus said about himself and if Jesus disagrees with Peter, then Peter is a liar or somebody lied against Peter. Thank God the Bible was not written by Peter, so the quote is very suspicious. Jesus said about himself; I am the christ. He did not say he was the son of the living God, while others were not. In fact the whole of Jewish nations are children of the living God, even so much so that they are Gods Himself. There is nothing unique about being 'child of the living God" because there were so many sons and children by the living god that some of them became interested in daughters of men, so much so that they came from heaven to knock them up. But no one of the Jewish nations person is The Christ, a position unique to Jesus, alone. What did the another Comforter, a True Teacher and True prophet of God, Muhammad say about Jesus? Isa ibn Maryam, he is the massiah. And Muhammad [as] never called anyone the same title.

Anything that emphasized son of God is false while messiah is the only appropriate statement about Jesus.

Fr0sbel cant keep his lies straight; He destroys Trinity in many instances but will want us to accept it, though he emphasized that God is the Only Important Entity to have. He will want to tag Jesus with Him, by round about way, while he forgets that it is the holy spirit that strengthened Jesus of the Bibles and not Jesus strengthening the holy Spirit. Yet these two are irrelevant to God's Absolute Power and Ability to do all things.

Is amy of the bold from Jesus? Of course not. They are all the handmade of Paul, who was not even a disciple. That tells you something about the true Gospel of Jesus; it is not found in the Bibles. But you can find it in the Quran. What is the truth that Jesus said? Go to the Quran and index "Jesus". You can better educate yourself, instead of accepting what Paul said. Jesus was a prophet and he spoke about the another comforter as a prophetic teacher coming from God. Muhammad [as] fulfilled this role, coming from God as a prophet.

Is everything in the Gospel from the mouth of Jesus? Lets leave the other books of NT, I do not want you to say I am criticizing them too much. Why cant Jesus defend himself by his own words?

If the former Muslims only knew that Satan is masquerading as "Jesus" to them!

Since you want to derail this thread, I am obliged to assist you  grin grin

Muhammad claimed that Jewish and Christian scriptures had predicted his coming (see, e.g., Qur’an 7:157). This has led Muslim apologists to comb the Old and New Testaments in search of passages that refer to their prophet. While all biblical evidence offered by Muslims in support of their prophet appears horribly strained to non-Muslims (provided the latter read the passages in context) and has been thoroughly refuted time and again, it is still common to hear Muslims claim that the Bible speaks about Muhammad.

The most popular "prophecy" about Muhammad is found in Deuteronomy 18. It is quite ironic, then, to learn that, according to Deuteronomy 18, Muhammad can’t possibly be a prophet. As we will see, this puts Muslims in an awkward position, and helps show the lengths to which they will go in their efforts to defend their prophet.

The purpose of this essay is to prove, based on Muslim claims (including their appeal to Deuteronomy 18), that Muhammad was a false prophet. I will begin by presenting two arguments against the prophethood of Muhammad, and I will follow this by carefully defending the arguments. Once I have shown that the arguments are sound, I will briefly discuss the options available to Muslims who want to reject the obvious conclusion.

THE DEUTERONOMY DEDUCTIONS

There are two elements to look for when examining deductive arguments: valid logic and true premises. To say that a deductive argument is valid is to say that, due to the logical form, true premises will always lead to a true conclusion. The most basic argument form is the syllogism, and the most basic valid form of the syllogism is Modus Ponens. The logical form of the following arguments is Modus Ponens; thus, they are logically valid:

Argument A—false gods and false prophets

A1. If a person speaks in the names of false gods, that person is a false prophet.
A2. Muhammad spoke in the names of false gods.
——————————————————
A3. Therefore, Muhammad was a false prophet.

Argument B—false revelations and false prophets

B1. If a person delivers a revelation that doesn’t come from God, that person is a false prophet.
B2. Muhammad delivered a revelation that didn’t come from God.
——————————————————
B3. Therefore, Muhammad was a false prophet.

Since the logic of both arguments is valid, true premises will always lead to a true conclusion. Hence, if the premises of these arguments are true, Muhammad was a false prophet. Let us turn, then, to a careful discussion of our premises.

Read The Rest Here
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by mabell: 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2012
@ postern
Follow after the word of God, let it guide you
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by crossman9(m): 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2012

The purpose of this page
We do not reject the Qur'an because of this list of contradictions. There are many reasons of much more substantial nature why we do not believe the Qur'an to be from the one true God. You will find those discussed on other pages of this web site (e.g. [1], [2]). This page is not intended as an attack on the Qur'an. Sadly, many Muslims have become unnecessarily aggravated because they did not understand the purpose of this collection.

It is my experience that many Muslims try to evade a discussion of the real issues regarding the truth of Islam and Christianity by pushing "101 Bible Contradictions" (or similar compilations) into our face. Muslim web sites abound in articles and collections attacking the integrity of the Bible by means of contradiction lists. Many have the attitude that "because the Bible is riddled with contradictions, errors, absurdities and problems, there is no need for me to make the effort to understand it." With such an attitude no real dialog can develop. Our goal is to get beyond superficial word games to discussing the relevant core issues over which we differ.

It has mostly proven useless to explain one set of contradictions because there is always another one that can be added to the list. It is important to be able to give explanations of the difficult Biblical passages including those that seem contradictory. We are working hard to provide good answers to honest questions in our Bible Commentary and the section on alleged Bible contradictions. However, most Muslims' rejection of the Bible is not based on such contradiction lists. For most Muslims this rejection is an integral part of their faith long before they have ever seen any such "contradictions". These lists are usually only used as a convenient means to justify a rejection of the Bible which would otherwise be very difficult to explain rationally.

Counteracting this evasive or even hostile attitude is the purpose of this page. If both sides can come to the recognition that their own book, the scripture which is the basis of their faith, be it the Bible or the Qur'an, contains some very difficult passages which might even look like plain errors or logical contradictions (depending on the level of hostility employed when looking at it), then we might be more forgiving towards the other and be motivated to not judge prematurely but to make a serious effort to understand each of the books and the essential teachings of the respective faith in a deeper way before we come to a decision why we do or do not believe them.

Debates about contradictions are rarely fruitful because people tend to insist reading the texts of the opponent in the most rigid and literal manner to make it look bad, while being very lenient with their own book, allowing extra assumptions, metaphorical interpretations and other means to somehow explain how this can be understood without being a contradiction.

Some Muslims have proven by their provided responses that they possess a quite ingenious and creative mind. It is for our readers to decide whether or not the provided answers are fully satisfactory for them. It is not for me to make that decision on their behalf. This is one reason that I will not remove even those contradictions that I find answered to my personal satisfaction. A second reason is that keeping the effectively answered contradictions on this site will help Muslims and Christians who don't know the possible responses to contradictions they encountered elsewhere, to find them here. As such this page can be a valuable resource for both Christians and Muslims, similar to various Christian pages about seeming Bible contradictions. To compare like with like, I will make the strongest possible case for something being contradictory and wrong, similar to the Muslim attacks on the Bible. The difference to Muslim web sites is that we give the right of response.

It is our prayer that even this page may help Muslims and Christians to make progress in mutual understanding, to come to a proper perspective regarding the "contradictions issue" and to a realization what the real issues are which we need to concentrate on in our dialogs and debates.

Having clarified the purpose of this page we now challenge our Muslim friends with the following compilation to rethink their approach for determining the truth of scripture.

Introduction
Because the Bible seemingly contains errors therefore the Bible is not God's word. The Qur'an on the other hand is free from discrepancies and this is proof that the Qur'an is from God since Sura 4:82 states:

See also this Muslim presentation: The no-contradiction challenge of the Qur'an.

But reality is not as simple as many would want us believe.
There are three basic categories of contradictions in the Qur'an:

Internal contradictions: Verses contradicting each other or the laws of logic
External errors: Verses contradicting the facts of history or science
Verses contradicting the earlier revelations
Further: Contradictions between Muslim Traditions and the Qur'an

Other web web sites with pages on errors, contradictions or problems in the Qur'an.
For your convenience: Download all contradictions in a .zip format.

If you are able to resolve to your own satisfaction the Qur'an problems presented here, then probably you will be able to understand that Christians can with a similar effort explain to their own satisfaction most of the difficulties in the Bible. Try to be fair and evaluate the Bible with an equal standard as the Qur'an. Don't judge it with harsher criteria than you are ready to use when reading the Qur'an. Even better, read the Bible to understand its meaning and message and not to find fault with it on such superficial levels.

Think about this: Errors in the Bible prove that the Qur'an is not from God.

To several of the presented problems Muslim responses are available on our site. Links to the individual responses will be given usually at the bottom of the pages dealing with the specific issue. If you want to contribute your personal response to one of the topics below I need to insist that you do this in this format also outlining my policy on linking or displaying Muslim responses, as well as the issue of using English translations of the Qur'an. But some think my offer is dishonest. There are further Muslim responses to this summary page available.

Important notice: This is an overview page which only gives short summaries of the observed contradictions. Before you respond to any of them, first click on the link to the detailed discussion of the individual contradiction!

Internal Contradictions:
Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong? Sura 34:50 commands Muhammad to say, "If I go astray, I go astray only to my own loss," which is a severe factual error in the Qur'an as well as contradicting the teaching of the Qur'an in a number of other verses.
Allah, Adam, and the Angels. There are a great number of problems and inconsistencies between the several accounts of Adam's creation, Allah's command to prostrate before Adam, Satans refusal, etc.
Who Was the First Muslim? Muhammad [6:14, 163], Moses [7:143], some Egyptians [26:51], or Abraham [2:127-133, 3:67] or Adam, the first man who also received inspiration from Allah [2:37]?
Can Allah be seen and did Muhammad see his Lord? Yes [S. 53:1-18, 81:15-29], No [6:102-103, 42:51].
Were Warners Sent to All Mankind Before Muhammad? Allah had supposedly sent warners to every people [10:47, 16:35-36, 35:24], Abraham and Ishmael are specifically claimed to have visited Mecca and built the Kaaba [2:125-129]. Yet, Muhammad supposedly is sent to a people who never had a messenger before [28:46, 32:3, 34:44, 36:2-6]. This article also raises other issues: What about Hud and Salih who supposedly were sent to the Arabs? What about the Book that was supposedly given to Ishmael? Etc.
What will be the food for the people in Hell? The food for the people in Hell will be only "Dhari" [Sura 88:6], or only foul pus from the washing of wounds [S. 69:36], or will they also get to eat from the tree of Zaqqum [S. 37:66]? Together, these verses constitute three contradictions.
Can Angels Cause the Death of People? The Qur'an attacks those who worship anyone besides God (e.g. angels or prophets) because those can neither create, nor give life, nor cause anyone to die. Yet, the Qur'an explicitly states that one angel or several angels are causing certain people to die [Sura 4:97, 16:28, 32, 32:11].
Confusion Concerning Identity of the Spirit and Gabriel (a long discussion of dozens of references)
'Iddah rules for divorced and widowed women appear to be arbitrary and inconsistent.
Is there a minimum age of marriage for girls?
To Marry or Not to Marry? The Qur'an forbids believers to marry idolatrous women [Sura 2:221], and calls Christians idolaters and unbelievers [9:28-33], but still allows Muslims to marry Christian women [5:5].
Will it be accepted of them or not?
Will Allah reward the good deeds of Unbelievers? S. 9:17 and 9:69 clearly say no. However, S. 99:7 implies yes. Moreover, S. 2:62 promises Christians reward for their good deeds. But S. 9:28-33; 5:17, 72-73 calls Christians idolaters, and S. 9:17 is very clear that idolaters will have no reward.
Should Muslims Accept Peace or Not?
Fighting All People Until They Do What?
Compel them or Not?
Can They Disbelieve in the Last Day and be Safe?
Should Muslims show kindness to their parents? On the one hand, the Quran commands all Muslims to show kindness to their parents, even if they are disbelievers [17:23-24, 31:14-15, 29:8, etc.]. On the other hand, it demands not to show any love or friendship to those who oppose Muhammad, even if they are their parents [9:23, 58:22].
Can one be a believer in God and oppose Muhammad at the same time?
How many mothers does a Muslim have? Only one [58:2, the woman who gave birth and none else], or two [4:23, including the mother who nursed him], or at least ten [33:6]?
And it just doesn't add up: Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Qur'anic inheritance law. When a man dies, and is leaving behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife, they will receive the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together [both according to verse 4:11] and 1/8 for the wife [4:12] which adds up to more than the available estate. A second example: A man leaves only his mother, his wife and two sisters, then they receive 1/3 [mother, 4:11], 1/4 [wife, 4:12] and 2/3 [the two sisters, 4:176], which again adds up to 15/12 of the available property.
How many angels were talking to Mary? When the Qur'an speaks about the announciation of the birth of Jesus to the virgin Mary, Sura 3:42,45 speaks about (several) angels while it is only one in Sura 19:17-21. (This article has received many Muslim responses which are quoted or linked and/or discussed at the end of the article.)
Further numerical discrepancies Does Allah's day equal to 1,000 human years (Sura 22:47, 32:5) or 50,000 human years (Sura 70:4)? --- According to Sura 56:7 there will be THREE distinct groups of people at the Last Judgement, but 90:18-19, 99:6-8, etc. mention only TWO groups. --- There are conflicting views on who takes the souls at death: THE Angel of Death [32:11], THE angels (plural) [47:27] but also "It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death." [39:42] Angels have 2, 3, or 4 pairs of wings [35:1]; but Gabriel had 600 wings. [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 455]
How many days did Allah need to destroy the people of Aad? One day [54:19] or several days [41:16; 69:6,7]
Six or eight days of creation? Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days. But in 41:9-12 the detailed description of the creation procedure adds up to eight days. (This topic also includes many Muslim responses and further discussion.)
Quick or Slow Creation? Allah creates the heavens and the earth in six days [7:54] and many Muslims want to be modern and scientific, and make that six eons, but then again, He creates instantaneously [2:117], "Be! And it is".
Heavens or Earth? Which was created first? First earth and then heaven [2:29], heaven and after that earth [79:27-30].
Calling together or ripping apart? In the process of creation heaven and earth were first apart and are called to come together [41:11], while 21:30 states that they were originally one piece and then ripped apart.
What was man created from? A blood clot [96:1-2], water [21:30, 24:45, 25:54], "sounding" (i.e. burned) clay [15:26], dust [3:59, 30:20, 35:11], nothing [19:67] and this is then denied in 52:35, earth [11:61], a drop of thickened fluid [16:4, 75:37]
What were jinn created from?
The descent of the Quran: Piecemeal or all at once?
Examining the inherent problems with the descent of the Quran
Is half the Quran already fully detailed?
Fully Detailed Or Incomplete? The Qur'an claims for itself to be (fully) detailed, that nothing is left out of the book [6:38, 6:114, 12:111, 16:89 etc.]. However there are plenty of important issues which are left unclear in the Qur'an. This article discusses the confusion found in the quranic statements on wine.
Is the Quran Completely Clear or Not?
The Perspicuity of the Quran and It’s Mysterious Letters
Worshiping the Same or a Different God? Muhammad is commanded to speak to the disbelievers: ,  nor do you worship what I worship [109:3]. However, other verses in the Qur'an state clearly that those disbelieving his message are in fact worshiping the same God, Allah.
Did the Meccan Polytheist Believe That Allah Was The Supreme Being?
To Intercede or Not To Intercede? - That is the Question! The Qur'an makes contradictory statements whether on the Day of Judgment intercession will be possible. No: [2:122-123, 254; 6:51; 82:18-19; etc.]. Yes: [20:109; 34:23; 43:86; 53:26; etc.]. Each position can be further supported by ahadith.
How the Islamic Doctrine of Intercession undermines Allah's Omniscience
Where is Allah and his throne? Allah is nearer than the jugular vein [50:16], but he is also on the throne [57:4] which is upon the water [11:7], and at the same time so far away, that it takes between 1,000 and 50,000 years to reach him [32:5, 70:4].
The origin of calamity? Is the evil in our life from Satan [38:41], Ourselves [4:79], or Allah [4:78]?
How merciful is Allah's mercy? He has prescribed mercy for himself [6:12], yet he does not guide some, even though he could [6:35, 14:4].
Does Allah command to do evil? No [7:28, 16:90]. Yes [17:16, ]. Two examples are also given, where Allah clearly commanded or permitted indecent actions [2:229-230, 2:187].
Should Muhammad Get Paid Or Shouldn’t He?
A Contradiction Regarding Muhammad's Fatherhood
Will there be inquiry in Paradise? "neither will they question one another" [23:101] but nevertheless they will be "engaging in mutual inquiry" [52:25], "and they will ,  question one another" [37:27].
Are angels protectors? "NO protector besides Allah" [2:107, 29:22]. But in Sura 41:31 the angels themselves say: "We are your protectors in this life and the Hereafter." And also in other suras is their role described as guarding [13:11, 50:17-18] and protecting [82:10].
Is Allah the only Wali? On the one hand, Allah is supposedly the only wali (protector, helper, friend) [9:116, 17:111, 32:4, 42:28], on the other hand, the messenger and the believers are walis [5:55, 9:71], Allah has walis [10:62], and he raises walis [4:75].
Does Allah Act Alone Or Does He Have Partners That Assist Him?
Is Allah the Only Judge or Not?
Is Allah the only sovereign or isn’t he?
Are all obedient and prostrating to Allah? That is the claim in 16:49 and 30:26, but dozens of verses speak of the proud disobedience of Satan [7:11, 15:28-31, 17:61, 20:116, 38:71-74, 18:50] as well of many different human beings who reject His commands and His revelations.
Does Allah forgive shirk? Shirk is considered the worst of all sins, but the author of the Qur'an seems unable to decide if Allah will ever forgive it or not. No [4:48, 116], Yes [4:153, 25:68-71]. Abraham committed this sin of polytheism as he takes moon, sun, stars to be his Lord [6:76-78], yet Muslims believe that all prophets are without any sin.
Abraham and the Sun
Abraham's Monotheism
Abraham's Progeny? How the Qur'an messed up Abraham's family tree
Did All Prophets Receive the Same Book?
The event of worship of the golden calf: The Israelites repented about worshipping the golden calf BEFORE Moses returned from the mountain [7:149], yet they refused to repent but rather continued to worship the calf until Moses came back [20:91]. Does Aaron share in their guilt? No [20:85-90], yes [20:92, 7:151].
Was Jonah cast on the desert shore or was he not? "Then We cast him on a desert shore while he was sick" [37:145] "Had not Grace from his Lord reached him, he would indeed have been cast off on the Unclad shore while he was reprobate." [68:49]
Moses and the Injil? Jesus is born more than 1,000 years after Moses, but in 7:157 Allah speaks to Moses about what is written in the Injil [the book given to Jesus].
Can slander of chaste women be forgiven? Yes [24:5], No [24:23].
How do we receive the record on Judgment Day? On Judgement day the lost people are given the Record (of their bad deeds): Behind their back [84:10], or in their left hand [69:25].
Can angels disobey? No angel is arrogant, they all obey Allah [16:49-50], but: "And behold, we said to the ANGELS: 'Bow down to Adam'. And THEY bowed down, EXCEPT Iblis. He refused and was haughty." [2:34]. This article includes links to answers to four Muslim responses.
How many wings does an angel have? Angels have 2, 3, or 4 wings [35:1]; but Gabriel had 600 wings according to Sahih al-Bukhari.
Is Satan an angel or a jinn?
Three contradictions in 2:97 and 16:101-103 Who brings the revelation from Allah to Muhammad? The ANGEL Gabriel [2:97], or the Holy Spirit [16:102]? The new revelation confirms the old [2:97] or substitutes it [16:101]? The Qur'an is PURE Arabic [16:103] but there are numerous foreign, non-Arabic words in it.
Do not say, "Three"!? It is impossible to recite Sura 4:171 without transgressing the command contained in it.
The infinite loop problem Sura 26:192,195,196: "It (the Qur'an) is indeed a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds, ,  in clear Arabic speech and indeed IT (the Qur'an) is in the writings of the earlier (prophets)." Now, the 'earlier writings' are the Torah and the Injil for example, written in Hebrew and Greek. HOW can an ARABIC Qur'an be contained in books of other languages? Furthermore, it would have to contain this very passage of the Qur'an since the Qur'an is properly contained in them. Hence these earlier writings have to be contained in yet other earlier writings and we are in an infinite loop, which is absurd.
Is the Torah like the Qur'an, or is it not? The Muslim claim of the corruption of the Bible leads to a contradiction between S. 2:24 and 17:88 on the one hand, and 28:49 and 46:10 on the other.
Should Jews and Christians follow the Bible or the Quran?
"An old woman" and God's character About the story of Lot: "So we delivered him and his family, - all exept an old woman who lingered behind." [Sura 26:170-171] And again: "But we saved him and his family, exept his wife: she was of those who lagged behind. [Sura 7:83]. Either this is a contradiction or if indeed Lot's wife is derogatorily called "an old woman" then this does not show much respect for her as a wife of a prophet.
More problems with the story of Lot "And his people gave NO answer but this: They said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" [Sura 7:82 & 27:56]. Yet: "But his people gave NO answer but this: They said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth." [Sura 29:29]. Obviously these answers are different.
The "pleasure" of Allah? Is God's action of punishment or mercy and guidance or misguidance arbitrary?
Did Abraham smash the idols? The accounts of Abraham, Suras 19:41-49, 6:74-83 differ quite a bit from Sura 21:51-59. While in Sura 21 Abraham confronts his people strongly, and even destroys the idols, in Sura 19 Abraham shuts up after his father threatens him to stone him for speaking out against the idols. And he seems not only to become silent, but even to leave the area ("turning away from them all"wink.
What about Noah's son? According to Sura 21:76, Noah and his family is saved from the flood, and Sura 37:77 confirms that his seed survived. But Sura 11:42-43 reports that Noah's son drowns.
Was Noah driven out? "Before them *the people of Noah* rejected (their messenger): They rejected Our servant and said, 'Here is One possessed!' And he was driven out." [Sura 54:9] Now, if he is driven out [expelled from their country] how come they can scoff at him while he is building the ark since we read "Forthwith he (starts) constructing the Ark: Every time that the Chiefs of *his people* passed by him, they threw ridicule on him." [Sura 11:38] He cannot be both: Driven out and near enough that they can regularly pass by.
Pharaoh's Magicians: Muslims or Rejectors of Faith? Did the Magicians of Pharaoh, Egyptians, become believers in the God of Moses [7:103-126; 20:56-73; S. 26:29-51] or did only Israelites believe in Moses [10:83]?
Pharaoh's repentance in the face of death? According to Sura 10:90-92, Pharaoh repented "in the sight of death" and was saved. But Sura 4:18 says that such a thing can't happen.
Abrogation? "The words of the Lord are perfect in truth and justice; there is NONE who can change His words." [Sura 6:115] Also see 6:34 and 10:64. But then Allah (Muhammad?) sees the need to exchange some of them for "better ones" [Sura 2:106, 16:101]. And it is not for ignorant people to question Allah because of such practices!
Guiding to truth? "Say: 'God - He guides to the truth; and which is worthier to be followed , ?" [Sura 10:35] But how much is left over of this worthiness when we also read: "Allah leads astray whom he pleases, and he guides whom He pleases, , " [Sura 14:4]. And how do we know in which of Allah's categories of pleasure we fall? How sure can a Muslim be that he is one of those guided right and not one of those led astray?
What is the punishment for adultery? Flogging with a 100 stripes (men and women) [24:2], "confine them to houses until death do claim them (lifelong house arrest - for the women) [4:15]. For men: "If they repent and amend, leave them alone" [4:16]. 24:2 contradicts both the procedure for women and men in Sura 4. And why is the punishment for women and men equal in Sura 24 but different in Sura 4?
How are the sexually immoral supposed to be punished?
The Problem of Divine Sovereignty, Predestination, Salvation and Human Free Will
Who suffers the consequence of sins? The Qur'an declares that everyone will be held responsible only for his own sins [S. 17:13-15, 53:38-42]. Yet, the Qur'an accuses the Jews of Muhammad's day for the sins committed some 2000 years earlier by other Jews, e.g. worshipping the Golden Calf idol.
Will Christians enter Paradise or go to Hell? Sura 2:62 and 5:69 say "Yes", Sura 5:72 (just 3 verses later) and 3:85 say "No".
God alone or also men? Clear or incomprehensible? The Qur'an is "clear Arabic speech." [16:103] Yet "NONE knows its interpretation, save only Allah." [3:7]. Actually, "men of understanding do grasp it." [3:7]
Was Pharaoh Drowned or Saved when chasing Moses and the Israelites? Saved [10:92], drowned [28:40, 17:103, 43:55].
When Commanded Pharaoh the Killing of the Sons? When Moses was a Prophet and spoke God's truth to Pharaoh [40:23-25] or when he was still an infant [20:38-39]?
When/how are the fates determined? "The night of power is better than a thousand months. The angels and spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees." [97:3,4] "Lo! We revealed it on a blessed night." [44:3] To Muslims, the "Night of Power" is a blessed night on which fates are settled and on which everything relating to life, death, etc., which occurs throughout the year is decreed. It is said to be the night on which Allah's decrees for the year are brought down to the earthly plane. In other words, matters of creation are decreed a year at a time. Contradicting this, Sura 57:22 says, "No affliction befalls in the earth or in your selves, but it is in a Book before we create it." This means it is written in the Preserved Tablet, being totally fixed in Allah's knowledge before anyone was created. All of the above is contradicted by "And every man's fate We have fastened to his own neck." This says that man alone is responsible for what he does and what happens to him. [17:13]
Wine: Good or bad? Strong drink and ,  are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. [5:90, also 2:219]. Yet on the other hand in Paradise are rivers of wine [47:15, also 83:22,25]. How does Satan's handiwork get into Paradise?
Good News of Painful Torture? Obviously, announcing torment and suffering to anyone is bad news, not good news. However, the Qur'an announces the good news of painful torment [3:21, 4:138, 9:3, 9:34, 31:7, 45:8, and 84:24].
Jinns and men created for worship or for Hell? Created only to serve God [Sura 51:56], many of them made for Hell [Sura 7:179].
Preferred for Hell? S. 17:70 says that Allah prefers (all) the children of Adam over many of his creatures, but S. 98:6 declares the majority of men to be the worst of creatures, many of them being even created specifically for Hell (S. 7:179).
Will people stay in Hell forever, or not?
Will all Muslims go to Hell? According to Sura 19:71 every Muslim will go to Hell (for at least some time), while another passage states that those who die in Jihad will go to Paradise immediately.
Will Allah disgrace Muslims? On the day of judgment Allah will not humiliate or disgrace the Prophet and those who believe in him [S. 66:8]. However, 19:71 says that everyone will enter Hell, and 3:192 states that whomsoever Allah sends to Hell, is disgraced thereby.
Will Jesus burn in Hell? Jesus is raised to Allah, [Sura 4:158], near stationed with him [Sura 3:45], worshiped by millions of Christians, yet Sura 21:98 says, that all that are worshiped by men besides Allah will burn in Hell together with those who worship them.
Is Jesus God or Not? In Sura 16:17, 20-21 and S. 25:3 we find a criterion to distinguish the true God from false gods. Yet, according to S. 3:49, 55, 4:157-158, 5:110, 6:2, and 38:71-72 Jesus satisfies the definition and should be considered true Deity.
Is Jesus Like Adam? S. 3:59 makes this claim, but how many aspects of likeness are there really?
Can there be a son without a consort? Allah cannot have a son without a consort [Sura 6:101], but Mary can have a son without a consort because that is easy for Allah [Sura 19:21].
Who is the father of Jesus? A more involved argument that is difficult to summarize in one sentence.
Begetting and Self-sufficiency A self-contradiction on account of confused terminology.
Could Allah have a son? Sura 39:4 affirms and Sura 6:101 denies this possibility.
Did Jesus Die already? Sura 3:144 states that all messengers died before Muhammad. But 4:158 claims that Jesus was raised to God (alive?).
One Creator or many? The Qur'an uses twice the phrase that Allah is "the best of creators" [23:14, 37:125]. What other creators are in mind? On the other hand, many verses make clear that Allah alone is "the creator of all things" [e.g. 39:62]. There is nothing left for others to be a creator of.
From among all nations or from Abraham's seed? Sura 29:27 states that all prophets came Abraham's seed. But 16:36 claims that Allah raised messengers from among every people.
Marrying the wives of adopted sons? It is important that Muslims can marry the divorced wives of adopted sons [Sura 33:37], yet it is forbidden to adopt sons [Sura 33:4-5].
Messengers were never sent to other than their own people? So it is claimed in Sura 14:4 and 30:47. However, the Bible and the Qur'an, and the Muslim traditions confirm that Jonah was sent to a different nation.
Messengers Were Sent Only to Their Own People? Sura 14:4 states that never was a messenger sent except in the language of his own people. Yet, the Quran itself claims that Jesus is supposed to be a sign to all people, that the Torah and Gospel are for all people, that Moses was sent to Pharaoh of Egypt, and that Muhammad is sent to all of mankind. The hadith also claim that Noah was sent to "the inhabitants of the earth".
Did Allah give a Greek Injil to the Jews?
Messengers Amongst the Jinns and Angels? Allah sent only men as messengers [Suras 12:109, 21:7-8, 25:20-21] but there seemingly are messengers from Jinns and Angels [6:130; 11:69,77; 22:75; etc., see article for details].
Do all of God's messengers eat food?
A Messenger from among the beasts? Allah sent only men as messengers [Suras 12:109, 21:7-8, 25:20-21]. Yet, the Qur'an also speaks about a beast that is a messenger from Allah to men [S. 27:82].
Is Muhammad Only A Warner or a Prophet/Messenger?
Did the Messengers Perform Miracles?
Another eleven contradictions, 
Further:

Examples of conflicting versions of the same story in the Qur'an
Contradictory Grammar
,  and more , 

Statements that are difficulties only because of the wording in the English translation:
      To speak or not to speak? Say: I shall not speak to any man today. (Sura 19:26)
Further pages with Muslim responses:

A summary response to (some of items) above
Misha'al Al-Kadhi's response titled "Does the Word of God in the Noble Qur'an Contain Contradictions?" He never informed me that he was writing about me ,  Maybe he hoped that as long as I don't know about it he will not be refuted? Carefully compare my reasoning and his reply, since many times he only responds to the short abstract given on this page, without paying any attention to the detailed discussion of each of these contradictions, found when one follows the given links.
The same approach was taken by Laaman Ball in his Response to Internal Contradictions which prompted my question in return.
Some interesting responses from the sectarian Qur'an Only camp:

Osama Abdallah also put together a number of responses

Answering Islam's Critics is Shabir Ally's new page in response to the Qur'an Contradictions. Having just written a response to only the first entry above, he already claims they are all invalid. That seems somewhat premature to us.

External Contradictions:

Introductory question
Science:

Solomon listening to ants? In Sura 27:18-19 Solomon overhears a "conversation of ants".
Is this possible based on our knowledge about the mode and complexity of ant communication?
The stars and the moon The Qur'an teaches that there are seven heavens one above the other [67:3, 71:15], and that the stars are in the lower heaven [67:5, 37:6, 41:12], but the moon is depicted as being in/inside the seven heavens [71:16], even though in reality the stars are much further away from the earth than the moon.
Qur'an and Science: Section Four in Dr. Campbell's book
Qur'an and Embryology
Can non-living matter think, feel and have a will?
The human embryonic development
The place of Sun rise and Sun set
The Seven Earths
Stars created to be thrown at devils?
Sun and moon are subject to man?
Mountains and Earthquakes
The impossible conversation
Solomon and the animals, 
Allah's forgotten creatures
Shaking the trunk of the palm tree?
Thinking with the bosoms?
All things are made in pairs? Sura 51:49 claims that everything is created in pairs. But this is not true! There are quite a number of things that have no counterpart and species where only one gender exists.
Are Fruits Male and Female?

History:

The Qur'an Attacks ,  Christianity?
Selling Joseph for a few Dirhams? (before coins were even invented)
Moses and the Samaritan?
The farthest Mosque?
Alexander the Great, a Muslim?
None else was named "John" before John the Baptist?
Two Pharaohs who crucified?
Burnt bricks in Egypt?
Were they utterly destroyed?
Jesus was not crucified?
The anachronistic title al-`Aziz given to Potiphar [with special gratitude to Islamic Awareness for making such a big deal about a minor point on a defunct web page, and forcing the issue into public attention.]

The Qur'an in Contradiction to the Earlier Revelations:

Ultimately, the strongest, most serious problem of the Qur'an is that it affirms the scriptures of the Jews and the Christians as authentic and true revelation from God (cf. what the Qur'an says about the Bible), while radically denying central aspects of their message, e.g. the core themes of sacrifice and atonement in the Torah, the crucifixion of Jesus, the deity of Jesus and even the mere messianic title "Son of God" for Jesus, the very nature of God, the fall and the sinfulness of man (*, *), necessity and means of salvation, etc. For this reason Muslims had to invent the unwarranted theory of corruption of the earlier scriptures, even against the clear testimony of the Qur'an itself.

In the following some smaller discrepancies between the Qur'an and the scriptures it supposedly confirms.

Historical Compressions:
Saul, David, Gideon and Goliath
A Samaritan tempting the Israelites in Moses time?
Prophets and Kings in Israel before the time of Moses?
Moses and the Gospel?
Punishment for future disobedience?
Mary, the sister of Aaron?
Pharaoh and Haman?
A Pharaoh Who Forgot to Die in Time?
Was there a second period of slaying the sons of the Israelites?
Moses or Jacob?
Did Joseph's parents go to Egypt?
Abraham's name
Abraham and Solomon
Other contradictions in comparison to the Bible:

Introductory remark

Did God teach Adam the names of the animals?
Noah's Age
Were Believers Really Called Muslims Before the Time of Muhammad?
The Quran’s Mistakes regarding the Biblical Patriarchs
Who Adopted Moses: Pharaoh’s Daughter or Pharaoh’s Wife?
Adoption by Adaption analyzes various discrepancies inf the quranic version of the stories of Moses and Joseph.
A Flood in the time of Moses?
The Quran, Moses and the Tablets of Stone
Solomon Working with Demons
Israel's Response to the Covenant: ‘We Obey’ or ‘We Disobey’?
Where is the Blood?
Animal sacrifices for Christians?
Why did the Queen of Sheba come to Solomon?
Ezra the Son of God?
Jesus reached old age?
Did the golden calf say 'Moo'?
Did disobedience result in extra commandments?
How many messengers were sent to Noah's people?
Further discussion: Who are those messengers that were rejected by Noah's people?
The Progeny of Abraham?
Two young men?
How many wings does an angel have?

More contradictions between Qur'an and Bible

-- Sura 4:82
Since this verse is claiming that there is "no contradiction / discrepancy" in the Qur'an, therefore itself has to be part of the list of contradictions because it contradicts the existence of the above listed contradictions. Or would you say because it says "much" and the above aren't "enough of them" yet to qualify for "much", all is actually fine?

If you want to use these contradictions when talking to your Muslim friends, then read this.

A book on this topic, listing several hundred difficult issues in the Qur'an is:

`Abdallah `Abd al-Fadi
Is the Qur'an Infallible?
Order Number VB 4009 E
available from:
Light of Life, P.O.Box 13, A-9503 Villach, Austria
Also available in Arabic.
Other Pages on these topics:

Chapters 6 - 11 in the book "Behind the Veil"
Errors in the Qur'an
A Partial List of Problems and Contradictions in the Quran
Quran Contradictions
If you know of another contradiction or error I have missed so far, I would appreciate a message informing me about it.

The reason for this page, 

If you have browsed the contradictions page and have the feeling this is a really mean, disrespectful and distasteful attack on the Qur'an, ,  and Muslims would never do things like that to the Bible ,  maybe you would like to have a look around some Muslim sites:

The Bible Criticism Page [1], [2], [3], [4] is copied and displayed on many Islamic sites and often one of the first links that you see when entering these Islamic pages: [1], [1a], [2], ,  [3], and a similar page is here.
What do you think about Muslims using Atheist material?

I take no joy in this approach. Muslims have forced it on me with their pages.
Please read the purpose statement for this page to understand my motivation better.

Furthermore, there are "genuinely" Muslim pages, that are not just relying on the atheists, but they have their own Bible contradictions. I am giving again several locations of the identical text, to show how important these books are to Muslims and how often they are used.

Shabir Ally's "101 Clear Contradictions in the Bible" are quite popular, but it is interesting to note that none of the Muslim pages is willing to link to the Christian response to their attack on the Bible. What is the fear? Why do Muslims demand that we link to their responses on the Qur'an contradictions but they are not willing to link to the Christian response to Bible contradictions?

Abdul Rahman Dimashkiah presents "Let the Bible Speak" ([1], [2], [3], [4], [5])
Dr. Norlain Dindang Mababaya's "God: Is not the Author of Confusion" is responded to on our site
101 Questions About Christianity ([1], [2], [3])
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Goshen360(m): 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2012
The best way is the fruit test. By their fruits you shall know them. You can fake the gifts of the Holy Spirit but you cannot fake the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The gifts are listed in I Corinthians chapter twelve.

Also, you need to truly know the true Christ in order to know the false christ. Again, you need study the word of God deeply.
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by crossman9(m): 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
mabell its time you heard the alarm bells waking you up my Ma-bell this is what I have just shown you in the bible and directed your mind to what it teaches
You are proving my point you’re in a world of deception and you’re not dealing with some silly man from a mud hut now change the pastor Chris hair cut or trade it in for the mind of CHRIST the only way you will get this is reading the bible put your demigods books in the bin and read the bible set your mind free?

Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Sweetnecta: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Fr0sbel; « #8 on: Today at 02:58:01 PM »
[Quote]Summary :  Muhammad was  False Prophet according to Jesus Christ.[/Quote]Then Jesus will have to be a false prophet according to himself. Read your Bible. Tell us who is the hearing and speaking Another COmforter, WHo was John who by Jesus account is the greatest born of a woman prophet and John said I am not Elijah? WHen did Jesus return now that no single one of the 12 disciples is alive while you are now expecting Jesus as if he promised you he will return in your time? Fr0sbel, are you for real?

[Quote]"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book." - Revelation 22:18[/Quote]The writer says "I warn". Is this Jesus or somebody else? Did Jesus warn? Here is what Jesus warned about; No one must abolish the law and whosoever abolishes it or encourages anyone to abolish it, shall be the least in the kingdom of heaven." Lets look at the kingdom of heaven for a moment. Who wants to be the least in it because he abolished the very laws and prophets Jesus had to guide himself under? Some may argue the least in the kingdom of heaven is higher than the greatest prophet born of woman, John according to Jesus. But the another comforter is to correct all errors. He must be the one whose warning must actually be heeded. Did Paul write the above verse of revelation, instead of Jesus who was already lifted up? Yes. Did Paul abolish the old laws and the old prophets? Yes. How can anyone accepts what Paul said, unless the people indulging in deception?

@crossman9; « #9 on: Today at 03:40:41 PM »
[Quote]Contradictions in the Qur'an
The purpose of this page
We do not reject the Qur'an because of this list of contradictions. There are many reasons of much more substantial nature why we do not believe the Qur'an to be from the one true God. You will find those discussed on other pages of this web site (e.g. [1], [2]). This page is not intended as an attack on the Qur'an. Sadly, many Muslims have become unnecessarily aggravated because they did not understand the purpose of this collection, . .[/Quote]Take it to the thread created for it. You will find Lagosshia and co responding to you. We are discussing the gullibility of fr0sbel here.
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by crossman9(m): 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
Prosperity Gospel Danger Sign
Definitions
Following is a list, in no particular order, of some of the teachings a person might hear. If it is normal for you to hear these danger signs then your faith has been twisted and you are listening to the 'prosperity gospel'. Financial prosperity for all Christians is NOT the good news that Jesus Christ suffered and died for.
Date of last update - Friday, April 22, 2011
Prosperity Gospel Danger Signs
If you love God you will 'tithe'
God wants all Christians to prosper finacially
The Bible says ', the wealth of the wicked is laid up for the just , '
The Bible says 'God will increase my store of seed and that I will be made rich , '
I was told to bring my W2 form to church!!?
You have to give seed money to build your faith!!!.?

1. If you love God you will 'tithe'
Nonsense. God does not measure your love for him by how much money you give to your local church institution. That statement is just a way to manipulate people and get them to feel guilty, since most Christians do want to prove their love for God. Christians should be generous of their own free will and not be manipulated into trying to keep an Old Testament Law. A better indication of how much you love God is reflected in how you treat other people. Do you yourself do what Christ commanded believers to do or do you just give your 'tithe' to the church? Jesus taught us to take care those in need.

Matt 25:34-36
34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' NIV

Matt 25:40
40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' NIV
God is not after your money, but instead he wants all of your heart. Giving to churches and seemingly 'good' ministries does not fulfill our requirement to do the things outlined above. As normal healthy Christians, we should be doing the work ourselves (feeding the hungry, clothing the helpless, visiting those in prison, etc) and not just getting comfortable giving money to some minister that gets us excited about giving. Also notice that money is not a major issue in the above scriptures.

2. God wants all Christians to prosper financially
Absolutely not. Sometimes Bible preachers say that God wants all believers to be rich so they can give more to help spread the gospel. That is also ridiculous. The person that is teaching you that is the person who wants to get your money. That is the bottom line. They want your money to flow into their pockets. Unfortunately many believers are impressed with the hundreds and maybe even thousands that get help through these ministries because these ministries can boast that they in turn give a 'tithe' of the money that comes in. You are using the wrong measuring rod. It should be thousands and tens of thousands helped or saved as a result of the generosity of believers.

Teaching that God wants all believers to be financially rich is wrong.

It seems as though most leaders who teach that God wants all Christians to be rich live lavish lifestyles. Is there a connection? You figure it out. What example did Jesus and the apostles set? Jesus and the Apostles did not live extravagant lifestyles.

Many Christians have been taught incorrectly that the following scripture is proof that God wants Christians to be rich.

3 John 2
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. KJV

This is NOT an indication of God's wish for all Christians to be financially prosperous.
The Bible contains many warnings about the dangers of riches. Following are just a few of them:

Matt 19:23-26
23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"
26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." NIV

It is hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom heaven. Don't be fooled into thinking that it will be easier for you to enter heaven because you are or want to be a rich Christian. We are warned in the 1 Timothy ,

1 Tim 6:9-10
9 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. NIV

Verse 9 above is a warning for anyone that desires to be rich - saints and sinners both. If you have accepted the 'prosperity gospel' then you believe that you are supposed to be financially rich and desire to be rich - then this warning is especially for you.

3. The Bible says 'The wealth of the wicked is laid up for the just, '
The Bible sure does say that. But, as usual, the verse is taken out of context and twisted to get people excited about getting something as a result of their giving. Unfortunately, it follows the 'prosperity gospel' formula of teaching people to 'give-to-get'.

Let's see the entire verse.

Prov 13:22
22 A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children,
but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous. NIV

There is nothing wrong with what the Bible is saying, the problem is with the interpretation. This portion of a verse is used to get people excited and looking forward to getting ', the sinner's wealth, '. Stop a moment and think. If this were true the way it is usually taught, then a sinner's wealth would always flow to the righteous. Without trying too hard, you should be able to come up with some names of sinners whose fortunes did not and does not flow to the righteous. Nevertheless, this portion of a verse is used to get people excited and ready to receive this great flow of money that supposedly will come to the righteous real soon. This teaching is usually followed by heavy pressure to give to a church or ministry with the promise that God will bless you. A greedy person taught you to be greedy and God doesn't promise blessings to greedy folks. Greedy folks can convince a lot of people with itching ears to give them money but just because the speaker is wealthy does not mean it is a result of God's blessings.

Using this portion of scripture as an excuse it seems, some very notable ministries have supposedly accepted sums of money from various organizations that seek to compromise the gospel of Jesus Christ and substitute it with a gospel of wealth and comfort. These ministries did not plunder the wicked. Instead they sold out and have become subject to a different gospel. They often plunder poor Christians and those who do not understand the Bible.

So then, as a result of this popular teaching, we have Christians lusting after the riches of sinners. There's is something wrong with that. We are warned in the book of Proverbs:

Prov 12:12
2 The wicked desire the plunder of evil men,
but the root of the righteous flourishes. NIV

You may be a Christian but the Bible clearly teaches us that it is wicked to desire the riches of evil men. There is no exception. If you have been taught to lust after the riches of evil men, then you have been listening to the 'prosperity gospel' which is often very far from the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

4. The Bible says 'God will increase my store of seed and that I will be made rich , '
The Bible does say something like that but it is not a promise for everybody just because they are a Christian. The entire scripture reads:

2 Cor 9:10-11
10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. NIV

The discussion about giving (NOT tithing) actually starts much earlier in 2 Cor 8:1. It is summarized this way:
2 Cor 8:1 - 15 Generosity encouraged
2 Cor 8:16 - 9:5 Titus and his companions sent to Corinth
2 Cor 9:6 - 15 Results of generous giving
It is incorrect to teach that the verse quoted above is somehow a promise for everyone. It is not. What is happening here is that the writer is continuing to explain the benefits of being generous. It seems it is often taught incorrectly that after God blesses with great riches that you that you can be generous. That is incorrect. You can be generous while having very little as demonstrated

2 Cor 8:1-2
8:1 And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2 Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. NIV

Generosity is not something that is reserved for the rich. The Macedonian church was noted for their 'extreme poverty' but yet they wanted to share in the ', service to the saints , '. Generosity is something that everyone can have right now and not wait for some overwhelming blessing from God before being generous.

This is certainly true for Christians that are generous like the Macedonian church. Their generosity was a result of what was in them and NOT as a result of some preacher promising what they could get in return.

5. I was told to bring my W2 form to church!! ?
WAKE UP!! Shake yourself free from the clutches of some preacher that your itching ears have allowed yourself to get attached to!! Preachers can request and even demand this because you

1) Have been convinced that you need to 'tithe' to please God. Tithing is no longer required under the New Covenant but you have been convinced through very effective preaching that out of all the laws that are no longer required that 'tithing' is the one law that God still requires!

2) You don't read the Bible for yourself or if you do, you really don't understand it. Just because you can find the words the preacher read from in the Bible doesn't make everything he or she said about those words correct.

3) Your are not thinking for yourself. You have basically turned off your brain and instead have looked around at everybody else that is doing it so you believe it must be the right thing to do. It is NOT. Even if tithing was for New Testament believers, which it is NOT, tithing in the Old Testament was done on the honor system. That means no religious leader walked out to your farm to count the cows or sheep or whatever herds you had to tell you how many were supposed to go to the synagogue in order to obey the Mosaic Law. The same was true about an Israelite who farmed. The Mosaic Law did not instruct religious leaders to come around at harvest time to make sure that Israelites tithed the correct amount.

Deut 26:12-14
12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied. 13 Then say to the LORD your God: "I have removed from my house the sacred portion and have given it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, according to all you commanded. I have not turned aside from your commands nor have I forgotten any of them. NIV

An Israelite's vow (above) is all there was to guarantee that the correct amount of produce or animals was tithed. There was no 'punishment' from church leaders for failing to tithe. You could not be told 'you can't be in church leadership because you don't tithe'! All the leaders in the church were from the tribe of Levite and their job was to take care of the synagogue and receive tithes and offering from fellow Israelites.

Your church requesting your W2 form is just another way the original Old Testament scriptures have been reinterpreted to supposedly 'fit' these modern times. Tithing was never money. It was was always produce or animals. Contrary to what is being taught elsewhere, all the Israelites did NOT tithe. It was only required of those who owned the land and owned 10 or more herded animals.

6. You have to give seed money to build your faith!! ?
Nonsense. Absolute garbage! You don't need to give anyone money to build your faith in God. Hebrews Chapter 11 contains a list of people that were commended because of their faith in God. None of them had to give money to have their faith built. You don't have to give 'seed money' to build your faith in God either. The way to have your faith built is to do the same as the people mentioned in Hebrews 11 - trust God. Believe God. Believe that he

Heb 11:6
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
NIV

Are you seeking him or are you seeking earthly rewards? Are you giving money because or what you can get out of it? Do you think you can force God to bless you even though you give for selfish reasons? God doesn't bless selfishness no matter how convincing the presenter was.
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Beaf: 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2012
How to recognise false teachers and false prophets? Take one look at Tunde Bakare. cool
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Sweetnecta: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Fr0sbel; « #11 on: Today at 03:52:02 PM »
[Quote]Since you want to derail this thread, I am obliged to assist you  Grin Grin[/Quote]So my analytical thinking, hence opinion of what you said is amounting to "derailing"? Did you see me introduce anything that is not what you already wrote? I am thinking you will want me to accept what you said or what the Bible writers said without connecting the dots from the Bible, verse idea to verse idea? It does not work like that in real world.

[Quote]Muhammad claimed that Jewish and Christian scriptures had predicted his coming (see, e.g., Qur’an 7:157). This has led Muslim apologists to comb the Old and New Testaments in search of passages that refer to their prophet. While all biblical evidence offered by Muslims in support of their prophet appears horribly strained to non-Muslims [b](provided the latter read the passages in context) [/b]and has been thoroughly refuted time and again, it is still common to hear Muslims claim that the Bible speaks about Muhammad.[/Quote]Please read the matters of the functions of the another comforter and his hearing and speaking and being a teacher, a corrector, etc in context being a spirit from God and being the holy spirit of the Christian Trinity for me, fr0sbel. For me, i do not use the Bible to determine the Quran. I use the Quran to determine the Biblical verses. I remember as a child, I knew that God cant be like me, human male or female, regardless of what miracles came from his hands. Thank God Jesus supported me by his "of my own power, i can do nothing" statement. Also, I knew that 3 cant be 1 and God Almighty will not suffer the calamity of humiliation, etc and death, even if Jesus was deemed resurrected.

I am thankful to God Who has made my heart steady against lies and concocted webs of nothingness. Can the web of spider serve as a house for man, preventing him from the elements?

The most popular "prophecy" about Muhammad is found in Deuteronomy 18. It is quite ironic, then, to learn that, according to Deuteronomy 18, Muhammad can’t possibly be a prophet. As we will see, this puts Muslims in an awkward position, and helps show the lengths to which they will go in their efforts to defend their prophet.

The purpose of this essay is to prove, based on Muslim claims (including their appeal to Deuteronomy 18), that Muhammad was a false prophet. I will begin by presenting two arguments against the prophethood of Muhammad, and I will follow this by carefully defending the arguments. Once I have shown that the arguments are sound, I will briefly discuss the options available to Muslims who want to reject the obvious conclusion.

THE DEUTERONOMY DEDUCTIONS

There are two elements to look for when examining deductive arguments: valid logic and true premises. To say that a deductive argument is valid is to say that, due to the logical form, true premises will always lead to a true conclusion. The most basic argument form is the syllogism, and the most basic valid form of the syllogism is Modus Ponens. The logical form of the following arguments is Modus Ponens; thus, they are logically valid:

Argument A—false gods and false prophets

A1. If a person speaks in the names of false gods, that person is a false prophet.
A2. Muhammad spoke in the names of false gods.
——————————————————
A3. Therefore, Muhammad was a false prophet.

Argument B—false revelations and false prophets

B1. If a person delivers a revelation that doesn’t come from God, that person is a false prophet.
B2. Muhammad delivered a revelation that didn’t come from God.
——————————————————
B3. Therefore, Muhammad was a false prophet.

Since the logic of both arguments is valid, true premises will always lead to a true conclusion. Hence, if the premises of these arguments are true, Muhammad was a false prophet. Let us turn, then, to a careful discussion of our premises.

Read The Rest Here
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
They shout when pray,they ask you to pay tithes else you will go to hell-fire,they are very wealthy,they have private jets,they make fake prophecies,they organize fake miracles. . . . .o boy wise up,there are no good prophet in Nigeria.All of then na wash.
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by stagger: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2012
~Bluetooth:

They shout when pray,they ask you to pay tithes else you will go to hell-fire,they are very wealthy,they have private jets,they make fake prophecies,they organize fake miracles. . . . .o boy wise up,there are no good prophet in Nigeria.All of then na wash.

You are an idiota, but you don't know it.

I have told you that one day, the masses of this country will drag you on the streets. You think say na joke?
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by badmrkt(m): 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2012
how to recognise right?just walk up to them and query, sir/madam are [b]you real or fake?[/b]believe me you'll get your without much stress.
but hold spoon,cus you go chop slap.
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
stagger:

You are an idiota, but you don't know it.

I have told you that one day, the masses of this country will drag you on the streets. You think say na joke?

The masses that refused to drag oyedepo and adeboye on the streets ? Aswerigad,these two are a disgrace to the yorubas.Bloody 419s
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by dare2think: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
eGuerrilla:

[flash=450,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCcgdix3vs?version=3&hl=en_US"[/flash]

LOL @ number 3.
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2012
And the[b] false teacher [/b]will render unusual body contortions whenever this song is played. LWKMD

[flash=450,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1hx88nz9M?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by komkom4all: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2012
By there fruit u shall know them
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Wallie(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is an interesting article that I hope bible scholars in Nigeria, assuming that we have them, can debunk. These are not my thoughts, just some article that I found interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Take: The 3 biggest biblical misconceptions
Editor’s note: John Shelby Spong, a former Episcopal bishop of Newark, New Jersey, is author of "Re-Claiming the Bible for a Non-Religious World."

By John Shelby Spong, Special to CNN

The Bible is both a reservoir of spiritual insight and a cultural icon to which lip service is still paid in the Western world. Yet when the Bible is talked about in public by both believers and critics, it becomes clear that misconceptions abound.

To me, three misconceptions stand out and serve to make the Bible hard to comprehend.

First, people assume the Bible accurately reflects history. That is absolutely not so, and every biblical scholar recognizes it.

The facts are that Abraham, the biblically acknowledged founding father of the Jewish people, whose story forms the earliest content of the Bible, died about 900 years before the first story of Abraham was written in the Old Testament.

Can a defining tribal narrative that is passed on orally for 45 generations ever be regarded as history, at least as history is understood today?

Moses, the religious genius who put his stamp on the religion of the Old Testament more powerfully than any other figure, died about 300 years before the first story of Moses entered the written form we call Holy Scripture.

This means that everything we know about Moses in the Bible had to have passed orally through about 15 generations before achieving written form. Do stories of heroic figures not grow, experience magnifying tendencies and become surrounded by interpretive mythology as the years roll by?

Jesus of Nazareth, according to our best research, lived between the years 4 B.C. and A.D. 30. Yet all of the gospels were written between the years 70 to 100 A.D., or 40 to 70 years after his crucifixion, and they were written in Greek, a language that neither Jesus nor any of his disciples spoke or were able to write.

Are the gospels then capable of being effective guides to history? If we line up the gospels in the time sequence in which they were written - that is, with Mark first, followed by Matthew, then by Luke and ending with John - we can see exactly how the story expanded between the years 70 and 100.

For example, miracles do not get attached to the memory of Jesus story until the eighth decade. The miraculous birth of Jesus is a ninth-decade addition; the story of Jesus ascending into heaven is a 10th-decade narrative.

In the first gospel, Mark, the risen Christ appears physically to no one, but by the time we come to the last gospel, John, Thomas is invited to feel the nail prints in Christ’s hands and feet and the spear wound in his side.

Perhaps the most telling witness against the claim of accurate history for the Bible comes when we read the earliest narrative of the crucifixion found in Mark’s gospel and discover that it is not based on eyewitness testimony at all.

Instead, it’s an interpretive account designed to conform the story of Jesus’ death to the messianic yearnings of the Hebrew Scriptures, including Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53.

The Bible interprets life from its particular perspective; it does not record in a factual way the human journey through history.

The second major misconception comes from the distorting claim that the Bible is in any literal sense “the word of God.” Only someone who has never read the Bible could make such a claim. The Bible portrays God as hating the Egyptians, stopping the sun in the sky to allow more daylight to enable Joshua to kill more Amorites and ordering King Saul to commit genocide against the Amalekites.

Can these acts of immorality ever be called “the word of God”? The book of Psalms promises happiness to the defeated and exiled Jews only when they can dash the heads of Babylonian children against the rocks! Is this “the word of God? What kind of God would that be?

The Bible, when read literally, calls for the execution of children who are willfully disobedient to their parents, for those who worship false gods, for those who commit adultery, for homosexual persons and for any man who has sex with his mother-in-law, just to name a few.

The Bible exhorts slaves to be obedient to their masters and wives to be obedient to their husbands. Over the centuries, texts like these, taken from the Bible and interpreted literally, have been used as powerful and evil weapons to support killing prejudices and to justify the cruelest kind of inhumanity.

The third major misconception is that biblical truth is somehow static and thus unchanging. Instead, the Bible presents us with an evolutionary story, and in those evolving patterns, the permanent value of the Bible is ultimately revealed.

It was a long road for human beings and human values to travel between the tribal deity found in the book of Exodus, who orders the death of the firstborn male in every Egyptian household on the night of the Passover, until we reach an understanding of God who commands us to love our enemies.

The transition moments on this journey can be studied easily. It was the prophet named Hosea, writing in the eighth century B.C., who changed God’s name to love. It was the prophet named Amos who changed God’s name to justice. It was the prophet we call Jonah who taught us that the love of God is not bounded by the limits of our own ability to love.

It was the prophet Micah who understood that beautiful religious rituals and even lavish sacrifices were not the things that worship requires, but rather “to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your God.” It was the prophet we call Malachi, writing in the fifth century B.C., who finally saw God as a universal experience, transcending all national and tribal boundaries.

One has only to look at Christian history to see why these misconceptions are dangerous. They have fed religious persecution and religious wars. They have fueled racism, anti-female biases, anti-Semitism and homophobia.They have fought against science and the explosion of knowledge.

The ultimate meaning of the Bible escapes human limits and calls us to a recognition that every life is holy, every life is loved, and every life is called to be all that that life is capable of being. The Bible is, thus, not about religion at all but about becoming deeply and fully human. It issues the invitation to live fully, to love wastefully and to have the courage to be our most complete selves.

That is why I treasure this book and why I struggle to reclaim its essential message for our increasingly non-religious world.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/29/my-take-the-3-biggest-biblical-misconceptions/?iref=allsearch
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by crossman9(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
Sweetnecta
Look let me make this very clear to you the book you hold so dear meaning the Qur'an
States this about its self and other book i.e. the bible
“If there be any book of any contradiction then it is not the word of God”
In your case the Qur'an
Only the Qur'an can judge its self so let’s use it only
so why don't you read the book you love so much and learn and take the notes a I left you which I copied from another site then come back for the debate because if there is even one mistake then or contradiction then your book is not he word from God case seal out of thy own mouth comes they own judgement?
The bible is the written word of God
after reading all the confusion your so called holy book the Qur’an has to say you will then realise you need Christ and repent your sins which are many and you have been in darkness Jesus is waiting on you to love you help you and welcome you
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2012
a pastor preaching on tv today had a flag of Nigeria and Isreal on his desk.Does he not realise that the star of David represents a Jewish nation.
Re: How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet? by moderattor: 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
saxywale:

a pastor preaching on tv today had a flag of Nigeria and Isreal on his desk.Does he not realise that the star of David represents a Jewish nation.
Are you obsessed with Jewish nations?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Saves. / What Is Your Best Christian Book? / Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 497
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.