Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,627 members, 7,955,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost (1889 Views)

Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) / Winch Kin Car Be Dis? / How Often Should D Fuel Filter In A Tokunbo Car Be Changed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by me2me: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
hello folks,

I once posted a topic about my 2000 model honda accord emitting black smoke and i was adviced by siena, ikenna and others to get it scanned, pull out the codes and post same here to beĀ  diagnonised. i reside in abuja so does any one (who is conversant with abuja) know where i can get my car scanned in abuja at a reasonable cost? please ikenna, siena and others kindly help out if u know such a place(s) in abuja. i need the information urgently please. thank you.
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^ Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your car.

Ikenna resides in Abuja, I'll draw his attention to this thread.
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by Ikenna351(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
There are so many of them here on NL that scan car in Abuja. You need to google it. I can get you a number from a someone i know that have scanned his car in Abuja twice. Sorry i dont have any of their contacts. I manually diagnose my car myself, even though my car is not OBD II compliant. I would do the same if it was. It helps me a lot to understand my car better, how its wired & how it functions. Even though its a long process (elimination method), but i gain a lot of knowledge of EFI engine management by doing so. Anyway, get yours scanned, to direct you straight to the area of culprit.

In the other thread, you said the car emits black smoke when accelerated or pedal depressed & that it would be raising up & down on its own while idling. Raising up & down means the engine is hunting like Siena pointed out in one of his post in the thread. It also means the ECU is guessing, hence the up & down or unstady idling. The ECU guess work is what causes the engine's overfueling & emitting black smoke. The ECU must be getting a wrong signal or no signal from a sensor that would make it to guess the amount of fuel & air that the injectors would inject into the combustion chambers via intake valves. What usually makes an ECU to make an engine hunt is IAC, vacuum leak or CTS. I would start with the vacuum leak, if i were you.

Ikenna.
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by Ikenna351(m): 10:22am On Feb 13, 2012
Have you scanned the car or has the issue been sorted out? Is the possible for you to bring the car. For me to have a look, in case its something minor i can detect?

Ikenna.
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by saeedbc(m): 11:20am On Feb 13, 2012
Check at Total fillings station wuse zone 6, Near the flyover. There is a mechanic that does auto scanning by the tire service center. His price is quite reasonable. Garba is his name.
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by saddik(m): 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ POSTER, I AM IN MAITAMA ABUJA, I CAN SCAN FOR YOU AND GIVE U THE RESULT , CALL ME ON 07037754900

EMAIL ME ON sugeknight100@yahoo.com tell me the cartype, model, year. i assure u u will be impressed.
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by bigx(m): 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
Ikenna351: There are so many of them here on NL that scan car in Abuja. You need to google it. I can get you a number from a someone i know that have scanned his car in Abuja twice. Sorry i dont have any of their contacts. I manually diagnose my car myself, even though my car is not OBD II compliant. I would do the same if it was. It helps me a lot to understand my car better, how its wired & how it functions. Even though its a long process (elimination method), but i gain a lot of knowledge of EFI engine management by doing so. Anyway, get yours scanned, to direct you straight to the area of culprit.

In the other thread, you said the car emits black smoke when accelerated or pedal depressed & that it would be raising up & down on its own while idling. Raising up & down means the engine is hunting like Siena pointed out in one of his post in the thread. It also means the ECU is guessing, hence the up & down or unstady idling. The ECU guess work is what causes the engine's overfueling & emitting black smoke. The ECU must be getting a wrong signal or no signal from a sensor that would make it to guess the amount of fuel & air that the injectors would inject into the combustion chambers via intake valves. What usually makes an ECU to make an engine hunt is IAC, vacuum leak or CTS. I would start with the vacuum leak, if i were you.

Ikenna.

Please where did you get the wiring diagram of your Car?
Ive managed to get the Haynes Manual for mine but the wiring is clearly poorly done and Id like to correct that.
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by Ikenna351(m): 5:12pm On Apr 15, 2012
bigx:

Please where did you get the wiring diagram of your Car?
Ive managed to get the Haynes Manual for mine but the wiring is clearly poorly done and Id like to correct that.

Friends in USA, via an online forum, directed me to a site where i downloaded it free, together with the workshop manual. But one of them, took time, scanned & forwarded to me, the complete owners manual of the car.

Very soon, anyone that resides in Abuja can bring his or her vehicle for me to scan it FREE for you guys. I will let you guys know when. In a weeks time or so.

Ikenna.
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by bigx(m): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2012
Ikenna351:

Friends in USA, via an online forum, directed me to a site where i downloaded it free, together with the workshop manual. But one of them, took time, scanned & forwarded to me, the complete owners manual of the car.

Very soon, anyone that resides in Abuja can bring his or her vehicle for me to scan it FREE for you guys. I will let you guys know when. In a weeks time or so.

Ikenna.

Ok, would still search for it, You guys have scared me finally from our so-called electricians.
Ah, e be like I'd drive and come to Abuja for the scanning o!!! sad
Re: Where Can A Car Be Scanned In Abuja At Reasonable Cost by Ikenna351(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2012
bigx:

Ok, would still search for it, You guys have scared me finally from our so-called electricians.
Ah, e be like I'd drive and come to Abuja for the scanning o!!! sad

Yes, you need to be scared of them (at least, most of them). The moment you open your bonnet for them, that moment your worst nightmare starts. Talking from experience.

The free scanning is going to be for those in Abuja only. grin grin grin Just kidding!

Ikenna.

(1) (Reply)

VIO Not Permitted To Check Drivers Licence, Vehicle Particularsā€”frsc / Power Steering Leaking Toyota Sienna 2000 (pix) / These Signs On Dashboard, Meaning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.