Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! (1669 Views)

Poll: Do you think the father's response was right?

Yes: 40% (2 votes)
No: 60% (3 votes)
Partially: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" / Uncle Beating His Nephew Over Facebook (old School Respect) [video] / How Would You Feel If Your Wife Was Flashing Her Body All Over Facebook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
A lesson to teenagers the world over. Never mess with a man in IT, especially when that man is your dad.

Tommy Jordan’s 15-year-old daughter Hannah wrote a post on Facebook, saying how upset she was and how unfair her life was, given all the unpaid chores her parents made her do like laundry and dishes, and how they just in general made her life difficult.

Jordan’s daughter thought she had blocked her parents from being able to view the post – but dad works in IT and was able to view the original message after upgrading his daughter’s computer for her. And he wasn’t too happy with what he read.

"As of the end of this video, she won't have to worry anymore about posting inappropriate things on Facebook, ,” said Tommy Jordan.
“That right there is your laptop,” he says in the video, “This right here, is my .45.” He goes on to open up nine rounds on his daughter’s computer.

*Warning, video contains coarse language.

“Maybe a few kids can take something away from this, ,” wrote Tommy Jordan. “If you're so disrespectful to your parents and yourself as to post this kind of thing on Facebook, you're deserving of some tough love.”
I’m sure his daughter will think twice before posting anything on the Internet.
Do you think dad was justified?

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/dad-shoots-teen-s-laptop-over-facebook-post.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU&feature=player_embedded
Re: Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
Re: Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
Re: Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
Wow. That was pretty intense. But solving parent-child issues with bullets?
Re: Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^^That was my first thought too. I think he went to far with the shooting and feel that he may have sent a wrong message with that. But after looking through his facebook page I guess I understand why he did it.he's using the same platform she used to commit her offence to discipline her.in a way I don't see that as wrong cos it will teach her that what she says on fb or social media matters.apparently, he had told her abt the consequences of her not obeying him and it seems like he's just making her know that he means everything he says.
All in all, it seems the child got the message and they're in good terms. His fb page (there's a link to it from the original article) is open to all and sheds more light as he has declined interviews et al from the media.
Re: Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2012
Siena:

Wow. That was pretty intense. But solving parent-child issues with bullets?

I dont remember anywhere were he was shooting her. The daughter was downright rude, disrespectful and deserving of much worse punishment.
Re: Unique Discipline: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook Post! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 10, 2012
davidylan:

I dont remember anywhere were he was shooting her. The daughter was downright rude, disrespectful and deserving of much worse punishment.

David, I never said he was shooting her. I said he's solving parent-child issues with bullets. If he wanted to destroy her laptop as punishment, all he had to do was drop it. The daughter's rude and disrespectful because he's allowed her to be that way. There are better ways to discipline a child, that don't involve destruction of property with a firearm.

Putting .45 slugs into her laptop sends the wrong sort of message. He has a temper he can't control. Filming what he did too makes him come across as childish and rather foolish. The laptop isn't the issue here; his parenting skills, or lack of are. She's a rebellious teenager. She obviously wasn't born that way, so her behaviour has gotten out of control over the years.

Assuming the shot-to-heck laptop punishment doesn't work, then things could get pretty ugly. Especially if his daughter takes after her father, and has the same temperament.

(1) (Reply)

And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? / Advice / Is The Basketball Game An Impediment Or An Asset To Black Youths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.