Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Sanusi 100m Gift Is In Line With Qu'ranic Teachings--sheik Sani Haliru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi 100m Gift Is In Line With Qu'ranic Teachings--sheik Sani Haliru (1815 Views)

Haliru Bello Wheelchair: Eniola Akinkuotu's Perspective / Mohammed Haliru Appears In Court On A Wheelchair (Photo) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi 100m Gift Is In Line With Qu'ranic Teachings--sheik Sani Haliru by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2012
CBN:“Jihadist-Hardliner” CBN-Gov. Sanusi Doles-Out N100M To KANO Victims In Line With Qu’ranic-Teachings To Use One’s Position Of Authority To Assist Fellow-Muslims–Sheik Sani Haliru
11 February 2012 written by Republic Report New York No Comment

New York [RR] KANO–Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) Governor Sanusi-Lamido-Sanusi doles out whopping N100 Million to Victims in last week Kano bombings by Boko Haram Fundamentalists group is in line with Islamic teachings that states that Muslims in position of authority must use their position to assist Muslims, Sheik Sani Haliru hinted last week in his bombshell interview published by Republic Reporters.

There have been multiple complaints, remarks and commentaries by commentators and pundits over the N100 Million gift to Kano victims of Boko Haram bombings in Kano by Sanusi-Lamido-Sanusi (SLS). Curiously CBN-Governor Sanusi told Leadership Newspapers that: “, “The bomb attacks have shocked the entire world in view of the strategic commercial and industrial position of Kano. The incident has also negatively affected the economy of not only Nigeria but the African region as a whole.”

[PHOTO: Boko Haram bombings, CBN-Dolls N100Million to victims of bombings in KANO, , CBN-Governor Sanusi-Lamido-Sanusi]

But in a shocking interview a week ago, Sheik Sani Haliru (ex-Boko Haram member, now a born again Christian) told reporters that he has close relationship with Buhari and Mohammadu Yusuf assassinated Boko Haram leaders and have received training across the world including Libya.

“I have worked so closely with Mohammadu Buahri for five years, and I can prove it that General Buhari is the most notable outspoken jihadist hardliner in Nigeria who is also strategically sponsoring Boko Haram.

He added that IBB and top CBN-officials were financiers of Boko-Haram bombings.

He said: “IBB’s agents of destruction are in the Nigeria Army (NA), Nigeria Police Force (NPF), Navy, Air Force, Oil and Gas sectors, even in the finance home such as in top level positions of CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) and other banks. You find them in politics, in the Senate, National Assembly, in the media both print and electronic and even in Aso Rock, Abuja (Nigeria’s capital).

“Yes, I mean every word I say; even the Islamic bank champion was planted by IBB to help in Islamizing Nigeria.”.

What I can say to that is General Buhari, like all other true Muslims, is a hypocrite who is shying away from the fact.

When asked: “How do you mean by saying that most Muslim millionaires and highly placed Muslims are “pretenders and shying away from the fact”?

He said: “What I mean is that they (Muslims-both rich and poor) are told to use their position of wealth (or otherwise) to promote Islam or else they will face destruction from Allah.

When asked where he can find that in Qu’ran. He said: “Open Surah Al-Baqarah Chapter 2:195, it is written here that you must use your wealth to champion Jihad of all kinds or else destruction is waiting for such a person on the last day.

“And spend in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad of all kinds) and do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allah), and do good. Truly, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers).”

Click For the Exclusive interview: Exclusive: IBB, Buhari,Top CBN-Officials Are Boko Haram Sponsors–Sheik Sani Haliru http://www.republicreport.com/exclusive-ibb-buharitop-cbn-officials-are-boko-haram-sponsors-sheik-sani-haliru/

Surprisingly those killed in Catholic Churches and other churches in Niger, Kano, Abuja, and elsewhere, and knapping victims in Aba are not deserving of CBN-assistance in this case, only Muslim-brotherhood can receive N100 Million free cash to compensate their family miseries.

Commentators reactions are mixed. Dr. Ozodi Osuji: “I will reread the 1999 constitution of Nigeria and know a bit more who has the right of appropriations and expenditures of public funds. I know for certain that in the USA the Federal Reserve and its chair person, Ben Berneke does not have the power to give out money; the president does not even have such power; only Congress can. Does the CBN governmor have the power to dole out the people’s money? If any of you is a Nigerian constitutional lawyer I would appreciate you educating me here. I smell personalization of one’s public office, the beginning of corruption.

Ishola Williams: “CBN, Governor, This is a good gesture which I knew you were going to do but a very wrong and sectional approach. It is not too late. CBN should now set up One Billion Naira Fund for Victims in all the Cities where there are victims. Please set up the CBN National Victims Fund. Split the Amount between the Govts of the affected states, Red Cross and other Groups helping the Victims. Thank you sir.

Peter Opara: “Public officials in strategic positions know how to put government organs they control to benefit whoever they choose. Northern politicians are adept at that, and I applaud them. Ask Igbo what they do, when they are in a position such as Sanusi now occupies. Was not Soludo there? How much help did he render to Anambara state when Uba Thugs incinerated Anambara? Ngozi Iweala in her first coming concentrated in gathering Nigeria’s billions and handing them over to IMF. Then she became minister of finance, what project public or private in Abia or Delta did she finance? Madam IMF she is, where in Igbo land even in her home Ogwashi Uku has she steered IMF largess? Nnaa, leave Sanusi alone. Those who cannot do, must not blame those who do. It is Nigeria my friends. To the extent Igbo public officials do not understand this, they are useless and worthless.

Nowa Omoigui: “Corporate Social Responsibility and Development Banking ARE NOT being selectively applied. The scope and timing can be debated but it is certainly NOT NEW. It has been going on since the sixties.

Problem is that most people are ignorant of the history of this kind of government intervention or corporate acts. They only remember when others are the beneficiaries or when their own prejudices come to the fore. Reporting is also skewed/selective.

“CBN money does not have the names of individuals and individual ethnic groups written on it. If the CBN makes a contribution as a response to the macroeconomic effect of terrorism (as in this case), the beneficiaries will include ALL victims and institutions that have macroeconomic and national significance. The institutions affected were strategic – mostly security related if I may observe…, ’.

Enyimba said: “If this money Sanusi Lamido is sharing among his people up North is Nigerian money, then he should be fired and arrested immediately.

“Kidnappers devastated Aba, sending everybody in my family on exile and nobody compensated my people and now Sanusi is playing tribal politics again with Nigeria’s money. He should be arrested.”

Read full text of CBN-Governor’s donation report to Kano victims beneath:

CBN Donates N100m To Kano Bomb Blast Victims–OUR CORRESPONDENT Reports

New York [RR] KANO–The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has donated N100 million to victims of the recent bomb attacks in Kano. Coordinated bomb attacks rocked Kano on Jan. 20, leaving hundreds dead. The CBN Governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, announced the donation when he paid a condolence visit to Gov. Rabi’u Kwankwaso in Kano on Friday.

Sanusi, who led other management staff of the bank, described the incident as tragic, sad and shocking, considering its monumental effect on the state.

“The bomb attacks have shocked the entire world in view of the strategic commercial and industrial position of Kano.The incident has also negatively affected the economy of not only Nigeria but the African region as a whole.”

He said the gesture was aimed at supporting the families of the dead and those who sustained injuries during the attacks.

The CBN governor prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured ones and for God to give families fortitude to bear the irreparable loss of their loved ones.

The Deputy Governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje, thanked the CBN governor for the visit.

He appealed to people of the state to bear with the State Government regarding the current security measures being taken by government to ensure security of lives and property.

Meanwhile, The Kogi Government has donated five million naira to the Kano State Government to assist the victims of the bomb blasts.

Capt. Idris Wada of Kogi announced the donation when he paid a sympathy visit to Kwankwaso over the recent bomb attacks in Kano.

He also condoled the government and people of the state over the death of Alhaji Abdulkadir Dantata, who died on Feb. 6 in a Germany hospital after a brief illness.

(1) (Reply)

Please has anyone seen any of mr GEJ palliative bus / Alh. Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Official Visit To USA In July 25-28 1961 / Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.