Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Ndigbo Damn Threat Of Boko Haram During Burial Of Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Damn Threat Of Boko Haram During Burial Of Ojukwu (993 Views)

What Soldiers Recovered From Boko Haram During Clearance Operation In Borno. / I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo Damn Threat Of Boko Haram During Burial Of Ojukwu by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2012
Ndigbo damn threat of Boko Haram during burial of Ojukwu

THE alleged plans by the Boko Haram Islamic terrorist sect to strike at the March 2, burial of Biafran warlord, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu or any of the funeral programmes starting this Wednesday, February 14, have gotten Ndigbo fuming with rage. Unwilling to dismiss the alleged plan as claimed by a Lagos prophet, Apostle Timothy Nwabunwanne, in our edition of January 29, a cross section of Igbos interviewed by The Moment On Sunday warned of the dire consequences of any such attempt.

Transporter and business merchant, Chief Chukwuma Nnaji Uwakwe, who is from Ojukwu’s Umudim lineage of Nnewi, Anambra State, did not take kindly to the prophecy. Speaking on phone from Nnewi during the week Uwakwe said if it is a joke it was a joke Ndigbo would take seriously. He painted a graphic picture of what will follow such an attempt with a notorious weapon of mass destruction Biafrans invented during the civil war called Ogbunigwe (Mass Killer).

Uwakwe’s words: ‘If Ogbunigwe is set, it will not explode unless somebody steps into its range. Now if anybody harasses Ogbunigwe, it will explode and kill en mass.
‘Ndigbo are exactly like Ogbunigwe. Nigeria has been daring Ndigbo since the civil war but we have been pretending that we don’t know what we are doing. ‘The generation of Ndigbo leaders of today has seen war and we are not afraid of it; it is people like Boko Haram who were not born that time that see war sleeping lightly and they want to wake it up.

‘Let Nigerians know that the civil war has not ended; if what that prophet said is a true revelation, then Nigeria should be prepared for a war that will not end in this generation; a war that nobody in Hausa land will live to tell the story. As a true son of Umudim I beat my chest as I speak to you. ‘If Boko Haram throws bomb anywhere in Igbo land before, during or after Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s burial, nobody can imagine what will follow.’

Godwin Eze Okoye, a major dealer in electrical products in Lagos, is a man who remembers the civil war too well. He said it is unthinkable for Boko Haram to contemplate exporting their terrorism to Igbo land.According to Okoye, ‘If such a thing happens it means we Igbos in Eastern Nigeria are not even safe in our own home and I will not be happy because of memories of what I suffered during the civil war, which took everything I had from me.

‘For me and those who survived that first war we pray that we don’t see another war again in our lifetime because war is very dangerous.‘That war affected me in all areas – in food, in movement, in education; in fact, in everything in my life. ‘The only thing I had that was my own was the breath in my nose – that was the only thing the war did not take from me. ‘But in spite of all that, if danger comes to meet me in my own home, then anything it will cost I will go for it; whatever decision our elders or youths take I will support it.

‘I will myself fight to my last breath and everybody will have to fight to secure his own life and what that means is that you destroy the enemy without wasting time before he has the opportunity to destroys you.’

In his reaction, Chief Gabriel Ezenduka, Chief Executive of Gabros Ventures (Nigeria) Ltd., Lagos, said it is in the very best interest of northerners particularly and the nation as a whole that it doesn’t happen. ‘There’s a limit that one can tolerate even as a mere threat,’ he said, adding: ‘We are aware that they have been targeting and killing our people in the North since last year but we are well advised not to start reprisal attacks on northerners living among us.

‘Although as Christians we know it is not the best thing to go about shedding blood, especially innocent blood, but there is a limit to which you can push a people.

‘Now the Boko Haram sect gave southerners a command to leave the North and at the same time they are hunting and cutting down people from the South especially the Igbo people; would it be out of place to begin to slaughter their people who live among us in the South?

‘Let Nigeria not take the patience and humanity of Ndigbo as weakness or cowardice; we are watching and holding our peace for the good of this country but if we are pushed to the wall, we will strike; make no mistake about that.’

A visibly angry Ezenduka said there is one thing he fears most about the Igbo man: ‘If you teach the Igbo man something they are not familiar with and they copy it from you, they will carry that act to the extreme far more than you the teacher has knowledge of. ‘So let the Boko Haram boys not teach us what we don’t know or don’t desire to know. Let northerners be warned that the Igbo man is quick to learn, quick to understand and fearless in performance.’

Continuing, the business tycoon said: ‘As Christians we know that revelations don’t come for nothing but I warn that if Boko Haram dares to throw a bomb at Ikemba Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s burial or any part of the East for that matter, that singular action will plunge Nigeria into another civil war and this time it will be a decisive one.’

Baring his mind on the current debate over Nigeria’s future, Ezenduka said: ‘From what I’ve seen after the civil war and what I’m seeing today, I know that continuing together will be better.

‘The trade exchange and business opportunities in all the states for every Nigerian is good for all of us and this can be sustained if every tribe and tongue can live together in the fear of God – that is what you call true federalism.

‘But if we cannot unify and balance that equation the reverse will be the case; therefore I counsel that the North especially should cooperate with the South and work towards achieving that balanced state of true federalism where real democracy will thrive and benefit every State.’ via 247nigerianewsupdate
Re: Ndigbo Damn Threat Of Boko Haram During Burial Of Ojukwu by alex14(m): 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2012
Ogbonaikenna:

l myself fight to my last breath and everybody will have to fight to secure his own life and what that means is that you destroy the enemy without wasting time before he has the opportunity to destroys you.’

+1000 at the bolded.
Ndigbo should/must start making preparation for steady supply of arms and military training from a powerful foreign country (preferably Israel), that will help us take the fight to all parts of nigeria if need be (this is where MASSOB fails miserably). If the current events will lead to war in the dungeon called nigeria, then we must be prepared to turn the land of others(especially the treacheous ones) into a battlefied. We cannot/must not fight a defensive war this time around cool.

(1) (Reply)

This Governor No Be Small Governor - Rochas / Another plane crash? No! :NIGERIA IS ILL AND INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (ICU) / Concerned Northern Leaders To FG: We Don't Want Our Solid Minerals We Want Oil $

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.