Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag (12237 Views)

BBC Said This About The Nigerian Flag / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics / Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by Pain(m): 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2007
Hello Fellow Nairalanders and "Virtual" E-Senators. I Advocate a Re-design of that "Bland" Green with a slash of white.

Its high time we the youth take our destiny in our hands. The flag was designed in the era of crayons using little creativity. Now we have access to Software.

Lets start a Creative,Constructive, Competitive Campaign and Pass it to the "Brick and Mortar Senate". I still believe that Nairaland is bigger than the Senate. The Virtual (Spiritual) Senate Supercedes the Physical.

Now the Current Flag can Grow "Green" with Envy.
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by denex: 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2007
tha flag must change.

Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by superman(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2007
so takin our destiny in our hands means imprecating nigerians posterity.ha anyway im sure micheal jackson might be havin second thought for sellin his birth right

now destiny or no destiny we want
number 1 good roads

electricity

water
food blah blah

with green white nad green which is designed by one of our own flyin real high in the sky

sure this will do with the exeption of the foolish nigerian that keep goin under

god bless green white and green jera ha
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by superman(m): 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2007
and again these foolish nigerians got to be stoppped in one way or the other k. now this is a true story right

this man come carry the green white and green money go give some olochi ole make hi keep, k now when the owner we get the money catch am , he come say na the money wey they returned no be correct amount , that some of the looted money still de in oyibo hands

now pls dnt worry too much about our lovly green white and green adores alot by MTV rapppers and co, its a brand which represent us with pride of course and emm i hope u recognise that

and if we have to rebrand it rather redesign develop nigerian

PERIOD

LEAVE THE UNITY FLAG ALONE

CHIE

still me
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by BigB11(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2007
This is another propaganda (corruption) to make money.
The flag is simply classy, infact, it represents the best flag I've ever seen.
There is absolutely no reason to mess it.

The unity flag must be left alone.
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by Mustay(m): 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2007
Pain, I dint expect u to do this.

will the flag make us more united or richer?
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2007
i acutally thot of this some time back

lets review the colours:
white - represents peace
green - agriculture -our source of income.

things have cahanged alot since the 1960s

at the very least I'd recoommend changing the colours to reflect the current state of affairs

black red black
where blak represents our current source of income - oil
red represents the current state of affairs in Nigeria - dangerous

black and red are also more realistic colours for the area boy 'tax collectors' in lagos, don't you think?
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by vigasimple(m): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2007
I wonder what the changing of flag will contribute to situation where are in now in this country.

I ask the poster of this thread to do more research to come up with ways and means of improving and changing for this country for the better.

IN AS MUCH AS I DON'T HAVE POWER TO STOP ANYONE FROM CONTRIBUTING FURTHER TO THIS THREAD, WE CAN JUST STOP FURTHER REPLYING BECAUSE IT IS CLEARLY A WASTE OF EVERYONES TIME AND WE WOULD NOT BE DIFFRENT FROM THOSE MEMBERS OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY WE ARE TRYING TO CORRECT.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSE. NO FURTHER REPLY AND COMMENT PLEASE.

NIGERIANS NEED FOOD, WORK, LIGHT, GOOD ROADS ETC. WITH OR WITHOUT FLAG LIFE WOULD CONTINUE.
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by presido1: 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2007
oyb:

i acutally thot of this some time back

lets review the colours:
white - represents peace
green - agriculture -our source of income.

things have cahanged alot since the 1960s

at the very least I'd recoommend changing the colours to reflect the current state of affairs

black red black
where blak represents our current source of income - oil
red represents the current state of affairs in Nigeria - dangerous

black and red are also more realistic colours for the area boy 'tax collectors' in lagos, don't you think?
I concour, when things change again we can go to drawing board again to change it so that it will suit the state of things in 9ja. At the moment their is danger everywhere so our flag should represent danger NOW.
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by Mustay(m): 12:48am On Oct 20, 2007
[size=78pt]thread closed[/size]
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by denex: 12:49am On Oct 20, 2007
First of all, let me make it clear to you all that green on the nigerian flag does not stand for agriculture. Look at the flag of most muslim countries. Green symbolizes Islam, white symbolizes Serenity or Peace.

Unfortunately Nigeria has nothing in common with those symbolisms.

Basically, Africa has its own colours which are primarily "green, gold and red" or "red, black and green" .

Somehow, this matter was the subject of discussion among myself and some friends two weeks ago. All three of them, being graphic artists declared that the flag was hopeless.
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by Mustay(m): 12:52am On Oct 20, 2007
green symbolizes islam cos most islamic countries use it?

kai. u dey dissapoint o! so, when they change am to xtian color, naija go better abi or is taiwo himself a muslim?
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by denex: 12:57am On Oct 20, 2007
The green symbolizes tin Fatimids support for Bin Abi Talib.

The crazy man who designed the flag did exactly what he knew that the Fulanis would see, like and approve.
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by Mustay(m): 1:03am On Oct 20, 2007
weren't the british at the helm of affairs then?
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by denex: 1:09am On Oct 20, 2007
The british had their own flag which they designed for Nigeria. They had nothing to do with the new flag.
Re: Lets Redesign The Nigerian Flag by Mustay(m): 1:20am On Oct 20, 2007
so w did you have to include the fulanis there?

did know the exact location he drew the stuff?

did u know who gave him the job to do?

thatz the exzct q the
author is asking

(1) (Reply)

300 Nigerians Deported From Botswana / NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide / Aggrieved APC Candidates Criticize Amaechi Over Bycott Of Rivers Council Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.