Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8704796 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 11:22pm On Mar 03, 2012
has TB Joshua predicted the outcome of the match? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 2:50am On Mar 04, 2012
if we can hang on dia neck til de derby . . . . its kool , am confident we can win shitty . . . . . dropping points is gonna disastrous buh i.d.k if its avoidable . hopefully it is sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2012
coogar:

if we are 2 points below them going into the manchester derby, i would be happy.
beat city, stay above them and not lose a point again. their goals difference would mean shyte.
we just have to beat city at etihad unless they piss points away before then and the derby becomes a dead rubber.
I just briefed thru d remainder fixtures 4 d season & it can tell it really favour us, Now our destiny lies in our hands, Hope it wont b a story of d super chickens
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2012
A draw today wouldn't necessarily be a bad result-it's just that it's not what we expect.
However we should play to win (dunno if Fergie will choose his squad and tactics to do just that:remembering Danny Welbeck).
We also need to remember that it's been over a decade since we last lost to Spurs.Im thinking they just about owe us one and it should come at some point (I mean a Spurs victory over United).
But I believe we can nick this,barring any mishaps from the technical area.
Remember that City have Chelsea,Newcastle and Arsenal to play.So I'm expecting them to drop points along the way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2012
I don't think Citeh will drop too many points, especially at home.

I'm not too sure about this game to be honest, it depends if the REAL Manchester United turn up.
Defensively, we've been conceding some poor goals recently and we will be punished if we slip up at the back today.
Let's hope Evans and Rio woke up on the right side of the bed today.

Our away form this season has been outstanding though . . . I think we've only lost to Newcastle away from OT this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
and welbeck starts grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2012
afrodoc:

and welbeck starts grin

it's inevitable. . . .i am sure hernandez went to mexico or some obscure country to play internationals.
he would be jet lagged. . . . .no gareth bale for tottenham so no real reason to start da silva twins.

anderson on the bench makes me happy. he's finally back.
by next week, we should have everyone back apart from fletcher, vidic and the best player on the planet(bebe).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2012
afrodoc:

and welbeck starts  grin

You expect Welbeck to be benched?
I didn't expect him to be playing this many games though.
What has Berba done to Fergie though? Is there something we don't know?
Cos even Chicharito gets ahead of him . . . I'm sure if/when Owen gets back to fitness, he'll be ahead of him again.
Starting to feel sorry for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
chicharito might be jet lagged like coogar said,if not i would hav preferred hm to start dis match.i am a fan of welbeck like my posts hv shown but i think dis would hv bin chicharito's kind of game,dts not to say welbeck cant perform o.
fergie's thinking on d berba issue is dt rooney n berba together gives u know no threat making runs in behind d center of defence.dey both like to drop deep n link up play thereby squeezing up play n limiting space for our midfielders.so in his mind its usually rooney or berba playing with welbeck or chicharito
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2012
chicharito played against columbia in[b] mexico [/b]on wednesday and spent 72 mins on the pitch.
obviously, he musta been jet-lagged and since welbeck only played @ wembley. . . .hernandez would be more tired than welbeck.
it makes sense. . . .if things go awry, hernandez can always come on and do the damage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2012
No Parker, VdV, Bale and Modric(left-wing?)? If you don't beat Spurs 10-0, I'll go on hunger strike! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2012
ritchboy:

No Parker, VdV, Bale and Modric(left-wing?)? If you don't beat Spurs 10-0, I'll go on hunger strike! cheesy

i would have preferred if the big players of spurs are playing to be honest.
united players have a way of underestimating their opponents. . . . .you would see them on the pitch now with a false braggado that they only need to turn up and win the game 4-0. tottenham's rookies might surprise us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
afrodoc:

chicharito might be jet lagged like coogar said,if not i would hav preferred hm to start dis match.i am a fan of welbeck like my posts hv shown but i think dis would hv bin chicharito's kind of game,dts not to say welbeck cant perform o.
fergie's thinking on d berba issue is dt rooney n berba together gives u know no threat making runs in behind d center of defence.dey both like to drop deep n link up play thereby squeezing up play n limiting space for our midfielders.so in his mind its usually rooney or berba playing with welbeck or chicharito

I agree but remember in last season's CL final at Wembley . . . Berba didn't even make the squad, Owen was drafted in instead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2012
chamotex:

I agree but remember in last season's CL final at Wembley . . . Berba didn't even make the squad, Owen was drafted in instead.

fergie n his brain-farts. . . .there was absolutely no reason to start 2 strikers that day.
barca are better than us. start with rooney as a striker, frustrate barca till the 70th minute in a flat 0-0 draw.
then introduce chicharito to come run at the tired mascherano and pique and we woulda gotten a chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2012
Berbatov is not even on the bench again today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
danny welbeck deciding to do it alone again with plenty of options he can pass to.
lay it to the wingers n make a run to the box and pick their crosses.

the boy's football sense is beginning to piss me off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2012
Phil Jones must have lost his virginity to Lennon

This is disgraceful, How can this guy be a top team defender
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2012
carrick's passing n decision making has bin poor so far
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2012
Thankfully Fergie is warming up Da Silva for Jones already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2012
Carrick is having a shocker. and I think I want Jones off for Rafa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
rooney baba niyen!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2012
yes carrick n jones hv bin d worst so far in a poor team performance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2012
Im more shocked we scored a header direct from a corner. shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2012
dayokanu:

Thankfully Fergie is warming up Da Silva for Jones already

Half time 1-0

Our front four have been poor.
Jones is still in the dressing room.
Is Nani on the pitch.

Adebayor is a bloody liar . . . he tried to deny the handball even though we can see the white mark on his arm. Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
afrodoc:

yes carrick n jones hv bin d worst so far in a poor team performance

carrick n jones abi rooney n welbeck. . . .

how do you watch football?
tottenham's energetic mid-2 are putting pressure on scholes/carrick. . . .not even allowing them to look up and play a pass.
rooney n welbeck move too further away when scholes is with the ball. one of them should be making himself available for a forward pass to at least make scholesy's passes unpredictable. there's no movement at all upfront. . . .they are too static.

another ashley young assist.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
Mr_TA:

We've scored 13 headers this season . . . it shouldn't be a shock
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
chamotex:

We've scored 13 headers this season . . . it shouldn't be a shock

how many have we scored directly from corners? i think this is the 2nd goal all season.
our corners have been poor.

tottenham would come out more in the 2nd half and i think welbeck should make way for chicharito later.
the midfield 2 should be helped and scholes/carrick should be trying to find passes that would isolate nani with assou-ekotto or young with walker.

assou-ekotto is just having a stroll on the pitch - he's now the berbatov of left backs.
he could play that position with a cigarette in his mouth. what a class player he's become.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
Even if Hernandez didn't go anywhere,Welbeck was going to start ahead of him.

Meanwhile,our defending has been comical.
Carrick is returning to his ways that made me write him off months ago.Danny Welbeck?Nuff said.
He's the Man United equivalent of dayokanu:a dunce.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2012
@coogar how do YOU watch football?
carrick has bin so careless with d ball in sensitive areas and modric,assou ekotto and lennon are taking turns to sodomise jones who is one  more ill timed tackle away from a red card.
anyway i dont blame you after all torres is ur football god
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
guess what d football studio is highlighting clips from the 1st half showing phil jones poor tackles n poor decisons
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2012
Mr_TA:

I thought you were talking about headed goals . . . my bad.
Our wing play's been non existent though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2012
afrodoc:

@coogar how do YOU watch football?
carrick has bin so careless with d ball in sensitive areas and modric,assou ekotto and lennon are taking turns to sodomise jones who is one  more ill timed tackle away from a red card.
anyway i dont blame you after all torres is ur football god

carrick is not the prioblem. . . . lack of movement is the problem
you can tell how many times scholes has waved his hands at the front four from their lack of movement towards him.
welbeck can't just sort his head straight. rooney was piss-poor minus the goal. the wingers haven't been isolated in a one on one situation.

without a team mate making himself available to receive a pass, you put the player in possession in confusion.
he either makes the wrong pass or he waits n waits till he's dispossessed. welbeck keeps running away from the ball immediately scholes is in possession.
rooney runs with welbeck and they leave a vacuum of space between the midfield n the attack.

players must make themselves available to the player in possession. i dunno if these boys don't watch football.
with busquets on the ball, like 7 players run towards him and he has options to pick a pass everytime. if they run away from him, he wouldn't find a pass to pick. hopefully, fergie would correct that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto, dammywapes(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.