Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8864922 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10140) (10141) (10142) (10143) (10144) (10145) (10146) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:07am On May 11, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Mejbri couldn't take the hackings and ill-treatment anymore and asked the ref to card a repeat offender. The bastard sent-off Mejbri for having the temerity to ask for protection.

It's a shame that Hannibal will get more protection in the Premier League and the Championship compared to the PL2. I think United should find a suitable loan deal for him for the 2021/2022 season.
Why are the reserves coaches not complaining about the rash tackles our players get, i have seen similar complains from afrodoc2 here. It's the job of the coaches to complain to the ref, make dem no damage the boy carrier ooh...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2021
nitrogen:

We need to avoid signing players at crazy fees. Can we get two players with the 90m? Let’s adopt the city model. If Sancho flops, 90m will be wasted. If we sign 55m and 45m players, the chances of success are higher.

Which two players do you think we can get for those two amounts that's quality and can fix our problems. Not necessarily the RW problem.

Sancho fee is very high but that dude is consistent. Imagine if we had his 20+ goal contribution this season by now, we'd be clear EPL champion.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:01am On May 11, 2021
nitrogen:

We need to avoid signing players at crazy fees. Can we get two players with the 90m? Let’s adopt the city model. If Sancho flops, 90m will be wasted. If we sign 55m and 45m players, the chances of success are higher.
don't we have a 40m winger who can't get a sniff yet?
I think Dan James is done if rumor is true. United can still get a decent fee of around 25m for him.
Lingard can fetch 25-30m easily from a PL club.
I don't know how Pellistri has fared on loan so far though.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:03am On May 11, 2021
ChristineC:
don't we have a 40m winger who can't get a sniff yet?
I think Dan James is done if rumor is true. United can still get a decent fee of around 25m for him.
Lingard can fetch 25-30m easily from a PL club.
I don't know how Pellistri has fared on loan so far though.
The guy has flopped on loan, all vibes no end product.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:04am On May 11, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Mejbri couldn't take the hackings and ill-treatment anymore and asked the ref to card a repeat offender. The bastard sent-off Mejbri for having the temerity to ask for protection.

It's a shame that Hannibal will get more protection in the Premier League and the Championship compared to the PL2. I think United should find a suitable loan deal for him for the 2021/2022 season.
I think Mejbri's teammates should do more in that aspect.
If the opposition know there are about 3/4 of Mejbri's teammate who'd return tackles with equal or more brutal valor, then maybe they'd think twice subsequently.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:08am On May 11, 2021
KingAlabi:

he may not be binned yet. perhaps he'd be given another year on loan to see how he improves.
hopefully he does improve so the club either uses him or profit off his sale.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:18am On May 11, 2021
ChristineC:
If the opposition know there are about 3/4 of Mejbri's teammate who'd return tackles with equal or more brutal valor, then maybe they'd think twice subsequently.

Sadly (or not sadly as it is actually an indicator of progress), the U23 team should actually be the U18 squad as most of the players are under the age of 19, so we actually don't have many "senior" members of the squad.

As soon as you've spent a season at U18 level, they beam you up to U23 and after a season at U23, you'll most likely get promoted, go on loan, or be released.

Its crazy. I remember the commentator referring to Mejbri as "the Grealish of PL2" because of the sheer number of tackles he rides through every match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:22am On May 11, 2021
KingAlabi:

Going to relegation-battling teams on loan is not the best strategy for me.

I won't say he's been a flop but he's not been a success either. He made the wrong move in my opinion as I won't advice a young talent to go to an embattled club trying to avoid relegation.

A mid-table club (like Arsenal) is much more ideal grin.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 11:23am On May 11, 2021
with this formation,, Chelsea could stand no chance against city at d UCL finals

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2021
ChristineC:

It doesn’t work like that. We are trying develop footballers and build careers while some of those clubs are trying to develop bricklayers and destroy careers. Our players need to get used to playing football not hacking.

The onus is on the coaches to protest and on the club to make a formal complaint. The quality of officiating at that level is criminal though. The boy needs to be sent on loan or promoted. The only thing he can acquire from 1 more season there is a career ending injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2021
KingAlabi:

The guy who has had the best loan is James Garner.

Watford were playing him at CM but he still started okay despite their diabolical football. However he lost his place when they changed managers and he moved to Nott Forest where he has been great as a CDM.

I would not mind a mid-table EPL loan for him next season. What he does not need is to be recalled and glued to the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 11, 2021
DeadPresidents:

I won't say he's been a flop but he's not been a success either. He made the wrong move in my opinion as I won't advice a young talent to go to an embattled club trying to avoid relegation.

I agree cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 11, 2021
afrodoc:

It doesn’t work like that. We are trying develop footballers and build careers while some of those clubs are trying to develop bricklayers and destroy careers. Our players need to get used to playing football not hacking.

The onus is on the coaches to protest and on the club to make a formal complaint. The quality of officiating at that level is criminal though. The boy needs to be sent on loan or promoted. The only thing he can acquire from 1 more season there is a career ending injury.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:09pm On May 11, 2021
TrebleChamp:
grin grin

You no see how Smalling was doing Ring-a-ring-a-rosies?
The Serie A legend was following the ball all over the pitch like a zombie chasing live humans, all the while leaving big gaps in the defence wide enough for an ocean liner to sail through.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2021
afrodoc:

The Serie A legend was following the ball all over the pitch like a zombie chasing live humans, all the while leaving big gaps in the defence wide enough for an ocean liner to sail through.
The space Bruno ran into to score here was Smalling's wing. But baba don leave defence go form activity for front only for Pogba to glide past him like he wasn't there.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:42pm On May 11, 2021
ChristineC:
he may not be binned yet. perhaps he'd be given another year on loan to see how he improves.
hopefully he does improve so the club either uses him or profit off his sale.
Yeah, that's the best thing to do now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:44pm On May 11, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Lolz grin
But I watched some alaves matches because of him, he just all vibes and shakushaku, with no end product.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:45pm On May 11, 2021
afrodoc:

The guy who has had the best loan is James Garner.

Watford were playing him at CM but he still started okay despite their diabolical football. However he lost his place when they changed managers and he moved to Nott Forest where he has been great as a CDM.

I would not mind a mid-table EPL loan for him next season. What he does not need is to be recalled and glued to the bench.
With the highlights I have seen from Garner, if he adds more weight, he will do a good job at CDM for United, but he looks slow though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 11, 2021
JayKayMaybachz:
United have been following Ryan Gravenberch for a few years, but close since last summer.

As soon as United starts negotiations with Raiola over an extension for Pogba, Gravenberch will also be a subject of conversation.

Barcelona is also keeping close tabs on Gravenberch.

Media indirectly begging for McFred to be replaced grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2021
KingAlabi:

With the highlights I have seen from Garner, if he adds more weight, he will do a good job at CDM for United, but he looks slow though.

He is not the quickest but i think his pace is adequate. That is the one position where one does not have to be a speedster. I am more interested in him getting stronger and also understanding the game better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:08pm On May 11, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Media indirectly begging for McFred to be replaced grin

Lol i don't think this about McFred. That Gravenberch looks like a potential problem down the line. His style is similar to Pogba's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:26pm On May 11, 2021
Player of the year vote is on!!

As much as I love Bruno, Shaw gets my vote for shaw grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:27pm On May 11, 2021
KingAlabi:
Player of the year vote is on!!

As much as I love Bruno, Shaw gets my vote for shaw grin
I don forget my login details. Is Cavani part of the nominees?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:28pm On May 11, 2021
afrodoc:

He is not the quickest but i think his pace is adequate. That is the one position where one does not have to be a speedster. I am more interested in him getting stronger and also understanding the game better.
With us playing a highline?
Mehn I can't have a snail-like CDM, hope his pace is above average at least.
Yeah, he needs to get stronger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:29pm On May 11, 2021
Lana1:
I don forget my login details. Is Cavani part of the nominees?
I don't think it is by nominees though, I haven't checked yet.

Create new account na cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:32pm On May 11, 2021
This football age something is fvcked up too in Europe, if the man in this picture is 37, how old am I for fvck sake.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 1:43pm On May 11, 2021
Given the current attitude of the fans towards the Glazers, it looks like that's exactly what's gonna happen. Now more than ever. They may even add another big money signing cheesy grin
nitrogen:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 1:45pm On May 11, 2021
I think Iniesta just looks naturally shanko and old. cheesy grin. I may be wrong though.
KingAlabi:
This football age something is fvcked up too in Europe, if the man in this picture is 37, how old am I for fvck sake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 11, 2021
afrodoc:

Ala Sergio Busquets.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:13pm On May 11, 2021
handelex:
Ala Sergio Busquets.

Yeah. Or Carrick. Even Rodri is not a sprinter. But Garner is not ready yet anyway. We need to sign a proper senior CDM next season and offload Matic. His spirit is willing but his body is weak.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:26pm On May 11, 2021
benji93:
I think Iniesta just looks naturally shanko and old. cheesy grin. I may be wrong though.
I vex as I see the age and picture, is sports not suppose to make you look younger, it is an exercise for fvck sake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:39pm On May 11, 2021
afrodoc:

grin Cavani did him strong tin in that game...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10140) (10141) (10142) (10143) (10144) (10145) (10146) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.