Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,154 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8737861 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
EPL best Vincent Kompany disgraced once again in Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nani dribbling as usual
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
raumdeuter: EPL best Vincent Kompany disgraced once again in Europe

but alaba & lahm weren't disgraced when they conceded 4 unreplied goals at home last season? grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

it depends on the circumstance. mangala was never in control of the ball when he scored an own goal. he didn't commit an unforced error.

rooney giving the ball away when he had control of the ball is a defensive error. he was completely in possession & his error was not forced. he decided to make a clearance that gave the possession back to the opponents which ultimately led to a goal.

because rio had no control of possession when the goal was scored - that was what i was telling you earlier about british pundits necessity to blame someone for every goal scored. sometimes, you just have to applaud the opponent's ingenuity.

who committed the defensive error when maradona dribbled past 6 defenders and scored in mexico 86. if you are confused, ask dayokanu to help you out. cheesy grin

WTF is this rubbish?

The man scored an own goal and kicked a man in his groin inside the box to give away a pen....

And your telling me that's not a defensive error.

Ferdinand failed to mark his opponent that was stood next to to him who subsequently, and you are talking nonsense about 'unforced error'?

Scoring an own goal is not an error, Conceding penalties is not an error. Can you not see that the defensive error stat is not suitable on its own to evaluate defenders?

Seriously do you read the stuff you write sometimes?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

but alaba & lahm weren't disgraced when they conceded 4 unreplied goals at home last season? grin cheesy

ALaba and Lahm have won the competition and have nothing to prove to anyone

Lahm has won the world cup

Tell us what Kompany and City have achieved aside winning the weak EPL 2 times in 3 seasons
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist:

WTF is this rubbish?

The man scored an own goal and kicked a man in his groin inside the box to give away a pen....

Ferdinand failed to mark his opponent that was stood next to to him who subsequently, and you are talking nonsense about 'unforced error'?

Scoring an own goal is not an error, Conceding penalties is not an error. Can you not see that the defensive error stat is not suitable on its own to evaluate defenders?

Half education is coogars problem

Its possible a player scored 3 own goals fouls for 3 penalties and still not have committed an unforced error

What is an unforced error?

Did Mangala kick the ball to where he intended? Yes or No? If Yes then Kudos to him and he should be awarded the goal

If No, that means it was an error. Was it forced or unforced?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist:
WTF is this rubbish?

it's not a defensive error - allow your logic to take charge of you for once. someone must have placed mangala in that situation in the first place. damned if he made contact with the ball, damned if he didn't make contact with the ball & that's a defensive error?

it's not - according to opta!
only unforced errors count as defensive errors. if you are put in a situation where all your options would still lead to a goal, how is that a defensive error? a cynical human being like you should be asking why was the cross allowed in the box in the first place?

opta did not define it as an error - so it's not an error. terry's errors were defensive errors & so be it. go & start your own football statistics organisation & stop crying on the internet.

not every goal scored via own goal is a defensive error. not every penalty conceded is a defensive error. stop putting words in my mouth. each case is judged by it's merits.

unlike you, i apply logic....not emotions. you are too emotional for football. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
raumdeuter:
Half education is coogars problem

your education is in the pits - you are a big simpleton.

Its possible a player scored 3 own goals fouls for 3 penalties and still not have committed an unforced error

it's possible - it depends on the circumstance.

What is an unforced error?

an error that isn't forced - like a player willingly giving the ball away to an opponent from a poor pass.

Did Mangala kick the ball to where he intended? Yes or No?

did the crosser mean to shoot on target when he crossed the ball? that's the question you should be asking.....

Yes then Kudos to him and he should be awarded the goal

that's the technicality. defenders just throw their limbs at the ball in a last ditch & hope it alters the course of the ball away from goal. how's that a defensive error? did you people pass through any citadel of learning?

If No, that means it was an error. Was it forced or unforced?

you are a fool!
so whose error is a deflected freekick that hit a player in the wall & scored?

the weight of your IQ is in nanograms. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

it's not a defensive error - allow your logic to take charge of you for once. someone must have placed mangala in that situation in the first place. damned if he made contact with the ball, damned if he didn't make contact with the ball & that's a defensive error?

it's not - according to opta!
only unforced errors count as defensive errors. if you are put in a situation where all your options would still lead to a goal, how is that a defensive error? a cynical human being like you should be asking why was the cross allowed in the box in the first place?

opta did not define it as an error - so it's not an error. terry's errors were defensive errors & so be it. go & start your own football statistics organisation & stop crying on the internet.

not every goal scored via own goal is a defensive error. not every penalty conceded is a defensive error. stop putting words in my mouth. each case is judged by it's merits.

unlike you, i apply logic....not emotions. you are too emotional for football. grin

The only reason we are discussing this whole 'defensive error' malarkey is because you presented a chart showing Rio had made no defensive errors as proof that "Rio had still got it"

What we are doing is showing you the foolishness of using such a stat in isolation as proof of a defender's ability as you have done.

Statistically Rio has no defensive errors, but he is error personified on the pitch....

Statically Mangala has no defensive errors, yet he scored 1 and assisted 1 against his own team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist:
The only reason we are discussing this whole 'defensive error' malarkey is because you presented a chart showing Rio had made no defensive errors as proof that "Rio had still got it"

stop lying.....
the only reason we are discussing this is because you lied rio had made 5 defensive errors this season. OPTA stats proved you are a compulsive liar. they do not have such stats on their data - so next time, name your statistics nihi stats so you don't confuse others with your guguru & epa stats you contrived to pull out from a baboon's arsê

What we are doing is showing you the foolishness of using such a stat in isolation as proof of a defender's ability as you have done.

stats are principally for the people who can read it logically, not people like yourself with a bag of emotions. has rio committed any defensive error for QPR this season like you claimed? a reputable organisation tasked to monitor such statistics says no - who the fück are you to dispute it? grin

Statically Rio has no defensive errors, but he is error personified on the pitch....

statistics are facts!
error personified on the pitch is a matter of opinion. opinions are not facts. so stick to your opinion & i would stick to the facts. we are polar opposites!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist:
Statically Mangala has no defensive errors, yet he scored 1 and assisted 1 against his own team.

you can sue opta stats! grin
if i were you, i would agree statistics are facts but they sometimes do not tell the whole story.

you see - statistics are like shirley07's bikini. what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal can be very vital. grin

what i will not have you do is to throw the baby with the bath water like all statistics are rubbish & should be ignored. we would go outside the corner of the street & trade blows if you dare such stunts. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

stop lying.....
the only reason we are discussing this is because you lied rio had made 5 defensive errors this season. OPTA stats proved you are a compulsive liar. they do not have such stats on their data - so next time, name your statistics nihi stats so you don't confuse others with your guguru & epa stats you contrived to pull out from a baboon's arsê

stats are principally for the people who can read it logically, not people like yourself with a bag of emotions. has rio committed any defensive error for QPR this season like you claimed? a reputable organisation tasked to monitor such statistics says no - who the fück are you to dispute it? grin

statistics are facts!
error personified on the pitch is a matter of opinion. opinions are not facts. so stick to your opinion & i would stick to the facts. we are polar opposites!

I dare you to reproduce the post where I said Rio had "5 defensive errors" like you claimed.

Now you have been floored by logic, you want to resort to inane pedantry.

What I said, and insist on, is that Rio is directly at fault for at least 5 of the goals QPR have conceded this far.

You are the one that went to start bringing stats you don't understand into the debate
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist:
I dare you to reproduce the post where I said Rio had "5 defensive errors" like you claimed.
Now you have been floored by logic, you want to resort to inane pedantry.

that's what you said.....

What I said, and insist on, is that Rio is directly at fault for at least 5 of the goals QPR have conceded this far.

a fault is an error - stop twisting words. nor be only you go school.

You are the one that went to start bringing stats you don't understand into the debate

buhahahaha
i don't understand stats & i have to correct you that a defensive error in football is an unforced error? cheesy grin

i dare you to answer this question - who committed the error that led to maradona's 2nd goal against england in mexico 86?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar: [size=15pt]
you see - statistics are like shirley07's bikini. what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal can be very vital.[/size] grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
afrodoc2: I like Perreira very much but i think things are not stable enough to introduce yet another teenager into the set up.
With Herrera out i believe the next options should be Valencia,Fletcher and Perreira in that order. I want a right footed player on the right side of that diamond that is why i rule out Anderson for that particular position.
What happened to the old saying that if you're good enough, you're old enough?

It's a fact that Perreira is better than Ando. He looked class above Ando for the reserve team's match they played weeks ago. Infact, Perreira and Harrop were in the leagues of their own in that game while Ando looked like a pub, even at that level..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nani, ladies and gentleman
https://vine.co/v/OmqulFMY2DY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nani mistakes the referee for a teammate....... and killed a fine work that should have been a goal. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nice play Nani...Carvahlo tried too by providing cover 4 d centre back bt he gave away the ball many times..

Kudos sporting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
Wanna wish u all a happy new month in advance

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

you can sue opta stats! grin
if i were you, i would agree statistics are facts but they sometimes do not tell the whole story.

you see - statistics are like shirley07's bikini. what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal can be very vital. grin

what i will not have you do is to throw the baby with the bath water like all statistics are rubbish & should be ignored. we would go outside the corner of the street & trade blows if you dare such stunts. grin
I'll try my best to ignore you, Troll.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nani was loaned for one season instead of till January. What if he hits form?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
Odunharry: Nice play Nani...Carvahlo tried too by providing cover 4 d centre back bt he gave away the ball many times..

Kudos sporting

carvalho looks slow to me. everything he does seems like a task. it's like playing football is not natural to him. i don't rate him at all.

nani was good in parts but he wasn't as good as their last CL game. in fairness, that chelsea side is a strong side. they would take some stopping in europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

carvalho looks slow to me. everything he does seems like a task. it's like playing football is not natural to him. i don't rate him at all.

nani was good in parts but he wasn't as good as their last CL game. in fairness, that chelsea side is a strong side. they would take some stopping in europe.
ya...i agree he is slow bt he knows how to tackle bt he lost d ball many times to the oppont
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

true about Carvahlo, his ball distribution sef is not up there with the best angry i was considering his age & prospects tho, but that lack of agility... chances he wont do well in EPL seem high
we should just look past him, we deserve better! step forward Strootman and Vidal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
SailorXY:
true about Carvahlo, his ball distribution sef is not up there with the best angry i was considering his age & prospects tho, but that lack of agility... chances he wont do well in EPL seem high
we should just look past him, we deserve better! step forward Strootman and Vidal

but then he has pawa grin
i was already dreaming of having him + phil jones + cattermole in our midfield in january. grin

Odunharry:
ya...i agree he is slow bt he knows how to tackle bt he lost d ball many times to the oppont

i think quality midfielders are scarce everywhere these days. who's the equivalent of scholes & keane in this era? even kroos has been exposed in la liga, vidal's knees are dodgy, strootman rarely plays & fernandinho prefers the blue side of manchester.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
SailorXY:
This.
His worldcup performance didn't impress me either.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Shirley07:
This.
His worldcup performance didn't impressed me either.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

but then he has pawa grin
i was already dreaming of having him + phil jones + cattermole in our midfield in january. grin

i think quality midfielders are scarce everywhere these days. who's the equivalent of scholes & keane in this era? even kroos has been exposed in la liga, vidal's knees are dodgy, strootman rarely plays & fernandinho prefers the blue side of manchester.
I disagree.
There are quality midfielders out there. Kovacic is an example and Pjanic is another. The likes of Koke, J. McCarthy, A. Iturraspe e.t.c are also quality midfielders that can walk into any top team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Shirley07:
I disagree.
There are quality midfielders out there. Kovacic is an example and Pjanic is another. The likes of Koke, J. McCarthy, A. Iturraspe e.t.c are also quality midfielders that can walk into any top team.

which of these players can stand next to roy keane in his pomp? the closest player i have seen like that was essien in 2005 circa. a player who can play pretty if the opposition demands it & can go dirty if the opposition wants it. a combative box to box player that will sweat blood for the cause.

my friend, europe lacks such players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 11:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

Is that all?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
Carvalho is another version of Fellani. Felleni like up balls while Carvalho plays on the ground and like to dictate a game. Even though they are heavy in stature, they lack strength. The strength of both players combined is not up to 1/5 of Edgar Davis'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

which of these players can stand next to roy keane in his pomp? the closest player i have seen like that was essien in 2005 circa. a player who can play pretty if the opposition demands it & can go dirty if the opposition wants it. a combative box to box player that will sweat blood for the cause.

my friend, europe lacks such players.
Keane didn't become great overnight. Don't forget the players listed are young players with great potentials.
Infact, the likes of Pjanic, Verratti and Kovacic have the potentials to be better than Keane, if not already better. These players are midfield orchestrator compared to Keane who was just an engine. His job was all about providing energy, defensive stability with an added bit of creativity in midfield. In short, Keane was just a rich man Khedira.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jodera and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.