Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1069) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8758806 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dadehmola:

Abeg Abeg Abeg...

No even start this afternoon angry angry

So who do you want to play in case Herrera isn't fit?

What happens when Rafael overlaps and Everton counters? Januzaj would be exposed. You have to do a good permutation. You want to leave all that work for Blind?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
raumdeuter:

Everyone has now confirmed you are a crackhead. We were trying to conceal your mental state from newbies but you insist on showing it

Now everyone now knows how your monicker went from Trash to Mrcrackhead before spending 3yrs in the penitentary where you became more versed in cummmm slurping.

Rio that is the worst player in QPR, QPR is the worst side in the league, Yet one trashy trash would open his cumm bucket and claim Rio would make Paderborn

Dayo you are a dolt!

You need to wake up and realise that 80percent of those teams in the Bundesliga wont survive half a season in the Sky Bet Championship!

How can you tell me Rio wont walk into Paderborn? Are you insane?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist:

What job?

When Peter Crouch outpaces you as he did Rio 2 weeks ago, then you know that it's time to retire from the game and never look back...not even on TV

and peter crouch won't outpace terry? when cesar(brazil's #1 goalie) was at QPR, how many goals did he concede?

you people just argue like kids. you can bring any top defender in the world to QPR, he would get destroyed because the team itself is wack.

nothing to do with rio.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dadehmola:

Abeg Abeg Abeg...

No even start this afternoon angry angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

and peter crouch won't outpace terry? when cesar(brazil's #1 goalie) was at QPR, how many goals did he concede?

you people just argue like kids. you can bring any top defender in the world to QPR, he would get destroyed because the team itself is wack.

nothing to do with rio.....

Rio has been on the decline since Berahino left him for dead at OT vs West Brom last season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
StarBoard:
I'm not sure this is the same thing.
Diouf is 24 and can outrun anybody.
Crouch at any age never had any form of pace. If he's ghosting past you, just forget it.
Rio's best days are past him.
All you need to do is watch Spurs vs QPR week 2 2014/15 season.

How do you define ghosting in that context?!
No one is saying his best days are not past him.... can he do a job is the question
Dont judge him based on one game.... He is in a new team, 6 games into the season.... A lot of players have not settled.
You cant rule out his experience and leadership.... Harry is a dweeb.... He doesnt need to be playing Rio week in week out anyway, if he wants the best out of him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
StarBoard:
Rio has been on the decline since Berahino left him for dead at OT vs West Brom last season.

RVP left terry for dead in 2011/12. diouf left kompany for dead 3 weeks ago. nani left kompany for dead in 2011/12. should we buy caskets for these defenders?

are strikers not meant to be faster than any defender?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

RVP left terry for dead in 2011/12. diouf left kompany for dead 3 weeks ago. nani left kompany for dead in 2011/12. should we buy caskets for these defenders?

Wait,
See the people you are comparing. They at one time had elements of pace and could leave anybody behind.
Peter Crouch leaving me behind? Rio should do the honourable thing like Gary Neville did 2010/11 and retire mid-season.

ElFenomeno1:
How do you define ghosting in that context?!
No one is saying his best days are not past him.... can he do a job is the question
Dont judge him based on one game.... He is in a new team, 6 games into the season.... A lot of players have not settled.
You cant rule out his experience and leadership.... Harry is a dweeb.... He doesnt need to be playing Rio week in week out anyway, if he wants the best out of him!
To answer you, ghosting is easing past someone as if he/she were not there.

Rio has been pants this season.

Check the afore-mentioned Spurs QPR game at WHL. As per Harry, enough said but on paper I think the QPR side should be doing more than they are at the moment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

These strikers you mention are fast.

Crouch is one of the slowest strikers in Europe. He is so slow His shadow outpaces him and has to wait for him at the bus stop while Grouch catches up

If this Couch can outpace Rio, then Rio should report to the nearest old peoples home
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
elampiro:

So who do you want to play in case Herrera isn't fit?

What happens when Rafael overlaps and Everton counters? Januzaj would be exposed. You have to do a good permutation. You want to leave all that work for Blind?

If you are looking at it from a defensive perspective, I may grudgingly agree with you sha but as regards depending on AV25 as an attacking option, I'd rather have Johnny Evans on the wings.

He is one of those who should be kicked out of the club next summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Dayo you are a dolt!

You need to wake up and realise that 80percent of those teams in the Bundesliga wont survive half a season in the Sky Bet Championship!

How can you tell me Rio wont walk into Paderborn? Are you insane?!

Doyin, you need to admit it that you exchanged your intelligence for a teacup of cuuumm in those 3 yrs you spent in the pen

80% of those teams that wont survive are the ones beasting the World cup while the EPL players are nowhere to be found.

These Bundesliga players have been featured in UEFA 11 in recent yrs while EPL players cant make it

Just 2 weeks ago, Bayern sodomised EPL champs, Dortmund gandraped your eternally useless team and Schalke held the runaway EPL champs to a draw at home

These Bundesliga sides dont need to survive skybet before the win world cup, get top scorer awards, Make UEFA team of the season

Doyin aka Brash/Trash aka Mrcrackles/Mrcrackhead aka Elfenocunthole, repeat after me : Doyin has the intelligence of a unicellular organism grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
StarBoard:

Wait,
See the people you are comparing. They at one time had elements of pace and could leave anybody behind.
Peter Crouch leaving me behind? Rio should do the honourable thing like Gary Neville did 2010/11 and retire mid-season.

peter crouch is deceptively quick on the ground. his legs also guarantee a long reach & he would get the first contact on the ball before any defender. he left top defenders like thiago silva & nesta for dead at san siro in 2011.

To answer you, ghosting is easing past someone as if he/she were not there.
Rio has been pants this season.

and i am saying any defender would be pants at QPR. neuer was germany's #1 in 2011 while he was at schalke & he conceded 7 goals in a tie against a weakened united side. was neuer really poor or the overall strength of schalke was pïss-poor? make your deductions.

how many goals do you think gary cahill would still be conceding if he's still at bolton? i am sure you would say 25 clean sheets per season. dayo would also expect QPR not to have conceded any goal this season if they had david alaba in the heart of their defence. football is a team game, people.

Check the afore-mentioned Spurs QPR game at WHL. As per Harry, enough said but on paper I think the QPR side should be doing more than they are at the moment

their team is weak from the midfield to the defence. if the midfield is weak, the defence would be far too exposed & after a while, the pressure would tell. that's what football is all about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
raumdeuter:
These strikers you mention are fast.
Crouch is one of the slowest strikers in Europe. He is so slow His shadow outpaces him and has to wait for him at the bus stop while Grouch catches up
If this Couch can outpace Rio, then Rio should report to the nearest old peoples home

RVP is fast? grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

Thank you Coogs!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

peter crouch is deceptively quick on the ground. his legs also guarantee a long reach & he would get the first contact on the ball before any defender. he left top defenders like thiago silva & nesta for dead at san siro in 2011.

crouch's best asset is his aerial ability.
Crouch on a footrace? I'd like to see that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
Thank you Coogs!

over short distances, crouch is as fast as any of the headline strikers in the premier league. his gangling stature is very very deceiving....and he has a long reach with his octopus-like limbs.

StarBoard:
crouch's best asset is his aerial ability.
Crouch on a footrace? I'd like to see that.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1378675-peter-crouch-and-the-15-most-awkward-soccer-players-in-the-world/page/2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

over short distances, crouch is as fast as any of the headline strikers in the premier league. his gangling stature is very very deceiving....and he has a long reach with his octopus-like limbs.

My thoughts exaxctly.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
raumdeuter:
Doyin, you need to admit it that you exchanged your intelligence for a teacup of cuuumm in those 3 yrs you spent in the pen
80% of those teams that wont survive are the ones beasting the World cup while the EPL players are nowhere to be found.
These Bundesliga players have been featured in UEFA 11 in recent yrs while EPL players cant make it
Just 2 weeks ago, Bayern sodomised EPL champs, Dortmund gandraped your eternally useless team and Schalke held the runaway EPL champs to a draw at home
These Bundesliga sides dont need to survive skybet before the win world cup, get top scorer awards, Make UEFA team of the season
Doyin aka Brash/Trash aka Mrcrackles/Mrcrackhead aka Elfenocunthole, repeat after me : Doyin has the intelligence of a unicellular organism grin grin grin
Dayo you are a one scrotum donkey! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
where did all this crouch rambling emanate from?!? I am sure Coogar and elanrooney started it....We are playing everton next and a team without a win this season and with some black Akpu attackers looking to start firing on all cylinders to ease pressure on the manager should cause some concern and discussions pre match day
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Ugo Ehiogu.
yea
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
Coogar, like I said before, Ferdinand does not look bad because he plays for QPR.

QPR look bad because he plays for them!

See ESPN's take on Rio
Ferdinand was supposed to be marking James Chester when he headed home the only goal in Hull's 1-0 win over Rangers on the first day of the season and he was just as bad as everyone else around him in the matches against Tottenham and Manchester United when they conceded eight and scored zero.

Stoke striker Peter Crouch also out-paced and out-fought the former West Ham man on occasions last week and, on Saturday, Graziano Pelle gave Ferdinand a hellish time. The first goal the Hoops conceded came from the 35-year-old recapturing some of his old Manchester United form -- sadly not the vintage years.

[size=18pt]His languid under-hit pass was cut out by Saints midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin who sparked the move that ended with Ryan Bertrand's goal opening goal[/size].
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1378675-peter-crouch-and-the-15-most-awkward-soccer-players-in-the-world/page/2
I hope you mean what you say, because I'm not sure Peter crouch can take Vincent Kompany over the distance that Nani or Diouf did.
I'm glad you mentioned short-distances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
I don't see why it's illogical to admit that a 36 year old man, who has spent the greater part of his career subjecting his body to the rigours of football at elite level, is no longer close to being the player he once was.

Some people just like to argue for no reason at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist: Coogar, like I said before, Ferdinand does not look bad because he plays for QPR.

QPR look bad because he plays for them!

See ESPN's take on Rio

of course, QPR(without rio) made the top 4 the last time they were in the PL. they only got relegated because they fixed matches, isn't it? i am sure if terry moves to QPR tonight, they will keep clean sheets till the end of the season.

StarBoard:
I hope you mean what you say, because I'm not sure Peter crouch can take Vincent Kompany over the distance that Nani or Diouf did.
I'm glad you mentioned short-distances.

he will.....because he has a world class ball controlling skills. peter crouch has one of the best first touches as an english player & his close control ability is second to none.

he would remove kompany out of the way with ease. no defender is immune to getting punished. the difference is - defenders from top sides can always count on their strikers to score quick goals & destroy the morale of their opponents so you are more likely to see a demoralised crouch against man city because stoke would have conceded 3 goals before crouch has even warmed up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:
of course, QPR(without rio) made the top 4 the last time they were in the PL. they only got relegated because they fixed matches, isn't it? i am sure if terry moves to QPR tonight, they will keep clean sheets till the end of the season.

Hahaha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist: I don't see why it's illogical to admit that a 36 year old man, who has spent the greater part of his career subjecting his body to the rigours of football at elite level, is no longer close to being the player he once was.

Some people just like to argue for no reason at all. undecided

Argue for no reason?

I cant get my head round your reasoning on this matter.

No one has said Rio is the player he used to be, i have my glasses on and i have sifted back and forth, no one has said he is the same.

Are you trying to tell me that because Rio is 36, he should retire?!

Do we expect Rio to be evergreen at 36?

Rio will perform well this season when that hurriedly put together team settles and if that Labrador looking Harry Redknapp manages him well to keep him fresh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

he will.....because he has a world class ball controlling skills. peter crouch has one of the best first touches as an english player & his close control ability is second to none.

he would remove kompany out of the way with ease. no defender is immune to getting punished. the difference is - defenders from top sides can always count on their strikers to score quick goals & destroy the morale of their opponents so you are more likely to see a demoralised crouch against man city because stoke would have conceded 3 goals before crouch has even warmed up.

Do you even read what you write?

Crouch will remove Kompany with ease? grin

Rio is directly at fault for at least 5 of the goals QPR this season and indirectly complicit in the rest.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Argue for no reason?

I cant get my head round your reasoning on this matter.

No one has said Rio is the player he used to be, i have my glasses on and i have sifted back and forth, no one has said he is the same.

Are you trying to tell me that because Rio is 36, he should retire?!

Do we expect Rio to be evergreen at 36?

Rio will perform well this season when that hurriedly put together team settles and if that Labrador looking Harry Redknapp manages him well to keep him fresh!

I'm not sure you understand your own argument.

If you are arguing that Rio can still play some form of professional football at lower league level, then yes you are right.

But as that ESPN article notes, the man has been directly responsible for conceding at least one goal per game....If he can't do it at QPR, against Hull City and against Stoke, and particularly against Crouch, then that nigga needs to retire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
30/09/2014 15:00, Report by Communications Dept

Herrera suffers fractured rib

Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera sustained a fractured rib during the match against West Ham United on Saturday.

The Spaniard was substituted in the 74th minute and the club will continue to monitor his progress over the next few weeks.

Since arriving this summer, the 25-year-old has scored two goals in four appearances for Louis van Gaal's side.

United's final fixture before another international break is against Everton on Sunday at Old Trafford.
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Sep/manchester-united-midfielder-ander-herrera-injury-update.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dadehmola:

If you are looking at it from a defensive perspective, I may grudgingly agree with you sha but as regards depending on AV25 as an attacking option, I'd rather have Johnny Evans on the wings.

He is one of those who should be kicked out of the club next summer.

What you said has no bearing to the solution we are trying to proffer to the situation at hand. You are more concern on trying to state how bad you think Val is. I earlier suggested Anderson even though I was not comfortable with it. It's all permutation for me.

If Everton can give 80% of their speeding play, our midfield will find it hard, not o talk of now we are without Herrera.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist:
Do you even read what you write?
Crouch will remove Kompany with ease?

diouf removed kompany with ease & diouf isn't even pacy.

Rio is directly at fault for at least 5 of the goals QPR this season and indirectly complicit in the rest.

arguments become redundant when people lie to sway opinions.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1746436_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

rio ferdinand - no defensive error, no error directly leading to a goal in 540 league minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

diouf removed kompany with ease & diouf isn't even pacy.

arguments become redundant when people lie to sway opinions.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1746436_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

rio ferdinand - no defensive error, no error directly leading to a goal in 540 league minutes.

This is what happens when you rely on stats instead of your own two eyes.

Rio Ferdinand is stood right next to James Chester in the box but failed to mark him during a corner....You think that would appear as a defensive error in the stats? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Yungbitz(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.