Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,456 members, 7,823,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1093) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8756399 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
Man of the match Angel Di Maria said his award should have gone to Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea after his side recorded back-to-back wins for the first time under Louis van Gaal with a 2-1 win over Everton.

Di Maria put United ahead midway through the first half as he fired home from Juan Mata's cross for his third goal of the season. But the Toffees had the chance to level matters at the break after Tony Hibbert was brought down by Luke Shaw on the stroke of half-time.

Leighton Baines stepped up to take the resulting penalty and aimed for the bottom left but was thwarted by De Gea, who made a big one-handed save.

Baines made up for his mistake 10 minutes into the second half as he picked out Steven Naismith with a pinpoint cross in the centre of the penalty box and the Scot headed home from close range with the equaliser.

The hosts were back in front just after the hour mark as Di Maria turned provider for fellow summer recruit Radamel Falcao, who slotted the ball past Tim Howard from six yards out to make it 2-1 with his first United goal.

De Gea did well to keep out a two late Leon Osman strikes, one from Gareth Barry and one fantastic effort from Bryan Oviedo as the hosts held on for the three points.

Di Maria told BT Sport 1: "I think David is the guy the who deserves this reward rather than myself he saved us throughout the game and particularly towards the end and the penalty as well so not only him but the rest of the side deserve this.''

He also reserved praise for fellow newcomer Falcao and hopes the win is the start of things to come at Old Trafford, adding: "Yes, it's great for him.

"He's been looking for that first goal for a while now and he's it's very, very important for him now. I think not only him but ourselves are on the right road now and the main thing is we're fighting for victories and fighting for points.

"We've got the three points for the day and hopefully we can now move further up the table.''

While De Gea was delighted with the result and praised the United defence, saying: "I think we played a very good game. I think in the first half we had the possession and we scored a goal and I think in the last 10 minutes they pressed a lot and they had many chances, but I saved their chances and I'm happy for that, for the win.

"I think the back four defenders for the team played very well and of course it was a great match a good three points.''
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

Actually what he needs are 2 physical and dynamic players BEHIND HIM in the 4-2-3-1 formation you mentioned. This is because he is too lazy when we do not have the ball and is basically a short one. Also he is not pacy enough to beat markers,he cant shrug off physical challenges.....all meaning he over-depends on the pass since the run or the dribble are both beyond him.

Totally agree with this.

Dadehmola:

The truth is that if we remove his awoof goals and assists, he has been piss-poor for us. Rooney is definitely not the ideal no 10 but atleast, e get work rate and e dey score. I'd rather have the rubbish he serves us over the absolute shyte mata played today!
Dadehmola:

The truth is that if we remove his awoof goals and assists, he has been piss-poor for us. Rooney is definitely not the ideal no 10 but atleast, e get work rate and e dey score. I'd rather have the rubbish he serves us over the absolute shyte mata played today!

We are lacking something very important in both Rooney and Mata that should make both of them ideal for that position.

As Afrodoc said we need two strong players behind mata to get the best of him an Rooney should also play more upfront his falling back unnecessary robs us of the threat he should be staying up front.

So in essence, we need two strong players playing behind both of them for them to thrive effectively.

That's my take, anyways.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
codedguy1:
So in essence, we need two strong players playing behind both of them for them to thrive effectively.

even if you put toure, cattermole & vidal behind rooney, he would still drop deep. he doesn't understand tactics & his short passing around the edge of the box is highly flawed. rooney depends on the long ball to thrive......

so if arsenal lose today, we would be above them? winning is the name of the game in this league. am i seeing right or am i missing something? grin cheesy elfenomeno go hear am today if they lose.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by cdamsel(f): 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
grin. Thank you jarte... Abe pm me wen tym reach
I don chop finish better run come o before my boys come down am after d match grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

even if you put toure, cattermole & vidal behind rooney, he would still drop deep. he doesn't understand tactics & his short passing around the edge of the box is highly flawed. rooney depends on the long ball to thrive......

so if arsenal lose today, we would be above them? winning is the name of the game in this league. am i seeing right or am i missing something? grin cheesy elfenomeno go hear am today if they lose.

Atleast he scores!

My main grouse with Rooney is that he thinks he has all the energy in the world to be everywhere, hence his positional indiscipline and when he does that when he falls back he starts pinging unnecessary balls to left and right that don't make sence wnen he be upfront causing problems for the opponents.

Rooney with all his shortcomings will score if he stays upfront.

Am just irritated when I see him fall back and starts pinging useless balls that don't make sense.

I will give him the benefit of doubt to perform if we have strong players behind him like yaya and fernandinho. Right he just uses his energy to pass hollywood passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
. Double post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
codedguy1:

We are lacking something very important in both Rooney and Mata that should make both of them ideal for that position.

As Afrodoc said we need two strong players behind mata to get the best of him an Rooney should also play more upfront his falling back unnecessary robs us of the threat he should be staying up front.

That's my take, anyways.

Even if we play 10 strong players behind them, it won't improve rooney's poor 1st touch and lack of intelligence to unlock defences with through passes, coupled with Mata's inability to orchestrate things by holding on to the ball at key moments.

I just hope di Maria's superb form continues, else we are in trouble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
codedguy1:

Atleast he scores!

who doesn't score? mata has more min/goal than him from the same position.

My main grouse with Rooney is that he thinks he has all the energy in the world to be everywhere, hence his positional indiscipline and when he does that when he falls back he starts pinging unnecessary balls to left and right that don't make sence wnen he be upfront causing problems for the opponents.

if he stays upfront, he's a good finisher. we don't need to overflog that. if he stays at the edge of the box, goals would be scored.....but he doesn't have the guile to play short passes in a crowded box.....this is why he drops deep and make passes from 70 yards.

Rooney with all his shortcomings will score if he stays upfront. Am just irritated when I see him fall back and starts pinging useless balls that don't make sense.

it's a good problem to have....if any of them gets injured or suspended, there is a capable replacement. van persie was poor today by the way. wrong technique about 3 times he had the ball in the box.

I will give him the benefit of doubt to perform if we have strong players behind him like yaya and fernandinho. Right he just uses his energy to pass hollywood passes.

we can play football without gorillas in the squad. there was a time carrick & cleverley were beating up toure, barry & milner in the midfield. if the passes are on point & the strikers have their scoring boots, there should be no need for gorillas in the team.

van gaal has completely revolutionised our football. only a hater wouldn't see this and even before today's result.....he had more points from 6 league games than moyes did. we play better football, the forward passes are endless & we are creating loads of chances.

2 more defenders, 1 world class midfielder and we would soon win the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
StarBoard:

Mata didn't have the best of games but he did claim a perfect assist. He wasnt spectacular.
I think him being deployed in a 4-2-3-1 and partnered with two other pacy players behind the main striker will being out the best in him akin to how he was deployed in the Benitez and AVB eras.
Problem is thst its not likely to happen with LvG.
Mata didn't show why he should start over Rooney today.
Infact swap both of them Rooney will still get that assist and contribute more.
I guess he has Westbrom and Chelsea to bring it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dadehmola:

Even if we play 10 strong players behind them, it won't improve rooney's poor 1st touch and lack of intelligence to unlock defences with through passes, coupled with Mata's inability to orchestrate things by holding on to the ball at key moments.

I just hope di Maria's superb form continues, else we are in trouble.

I also agree his has a first touch of a rrapist, but like his last goal Rooney knows how to arrive in the pen and turn in balls into the net thru difficult positions. Just like the one RVP missed today.

If he is scoring goal and being a nuisance to the defenders of the oponents it should count for us. He is in the team, the captain for that matter, so he will play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
This useless Arsenal team should better make sure they draw this game.

Tottenham is doing the business against southampton.

It will be a good day for our win and make the table a little more interesting!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

who doesn't score? mata has more min/goal than him from the same position.

if he stays upfront, he's a good finisher. we don't need to overflog that. if he stays at the edge of the box, goals would be scored.....but he doesn't have the guile to play short passes in a crowded box.....this is why he drops deep and make passes from 70 yards.

it's a good problem to have....if any of them gets injured or suspended, there is a capable replacement. van persie was poor today by the way. wrong technique about 3 times he had the ball in the box.

we can play football without gorillas in the squad. there was a time carrick & cleverley were beating up toure, barry & milner in the midfield. if the passes are on point & the strikers have their scoring boots, there should be no need for gorillas in the team.

van gaal has completely revolutionised our football. only a hater wouldn't see this and even before today's result.....he had more points from 6 league games than moyes did. we play better football, the forward passes are endless & we are creating loads of chances.

2 more defenders, 1 world class midfielder and we would soon win the EPL.
I always admire your optimism and analyses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
codedguy1:
This useless Arsenal team should better make sure they draw this game.

Tottenham is doing the business against southampton.

It will be a good day for our win and make the table a little more interesting!

chelsea haven't really played well too....asides hazard's moment of brilliance. it's been huffing & puffing. the football has been horrible to watch. start-stop-start. arsenal might still get a draw here if they improve their passes in the final third.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spanzed(m): 4:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
rozzay:

Awwwwwww GGMU, thank u dear, we r proudly United.
Lol rozzay when u start dey support womanunited...na when una win u go show face grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by luxanne(f): 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
And falcao finally scores, now he can be relaxed cheesy GGMU!!! cool

Just can't get my eyes off the table, its just a matter of time we'l get there.

Bad News: we have too many injuries on our list, not good sad and secondly, chelsea just keeps adding more points angry

Good News: Spurs 1 - 0 Southampton. Beating westbrom should give us another 3 points to take us up the ladder and solidify our confidence wen we face chelsea, can't wait.

I need to know pls, is there a fixture for united vs city?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jeez, Granted they are the strongest team in the league but Chelsea are just awful to watch. Pretty much parking the bus at home.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
MrTA:
Jeez, Granted they are the strongest team in the league but Chelsea are just awful to watch. Pretty much parking the bus at home.

that's a typical jose tactics.
he knows how to win. what's the point of 3-4 goals when 1 or 2 is enough to cop 3 points.

they will take some stopping - whoever finishes above chelsea will win the league. it's on us to stop them in 3 weeks time & i am sure we can do it. by then, jones & co should be back in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
spanzed:
Lol rozzay when u start dey support womanunited...na when una win u go show face grin
I no be man na my dear, but ayam a united fan for life o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
I dont think we're ready to face the elephant in the room regarding our squad yet but maybe by the end of the season. A frank discussion will be had about it. For now. onwards and upwards.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spanzed(m): 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
rozzay:

I no be man na my dear, but ayam a united fan for life o
congrats on todays victory!!!do u watch nall like dis undecidedabi u be supporter by mouth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
MrTA:
I dont think we're ready to face the elephant in the room regarding our squad yet but maybe by the end of the season. A frank discussion will be had about it. For now. onwards and upwards.

We are only a few Defenders away from being contenders again.
I must confess Have been cursing De gea for awhile what a way to shut me up.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
spanzed:
congrats on todays victory!!!do u watch nall like dis undecidedabi u be supporter by mouth
I watch @ times but we have a channel on bbm were I get all d info nd ofcos on nland
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

We are only a few Defenders away from being contenders again.
I must confess Have been cursing De gea for awhile what a way to shut me up.
That last save was unbelievable. Couldn't believe my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vosquare: 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

he's messed that chance up when he went apeshït in the last olympics. he made a big mistake & he wouldn't accept it. he cursed his manager, cursed his teammates and the team doctor.
what!!! shocked ...y d curse?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
I must confess I'm worried with the way we see out our games. We gas out or what in the dieing minutes?. Could it be lack of midweek games or lack of mental strength?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
We also need balance in our team when we don’t have the ball. For that, we have to find the solution.
-LvG
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
Valencia was fantastic today, he made Blind's play comfortable, when that useless Fellaine came in, we lost everything aside Falcao's goal.

Rooney's suspension is a blessing in disguise. He is a headless chicken. We don't need the guy's insensible runs, we have Di Maria (that runs sensibly), we don't need his so called useless energy, we have a certain one-legged but energetic Valencia, we don't need him in the hole, we have a fragile but sensible Mata. Let him fvck off!

Can't believe we are now number 4 on the log.

Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
vosquare:
rafael deserves brazil call up....he x beta dan alves and maicon angry
like seriously; atleast we're now above liverpool n arsenal and should stay that way, btw I c us finishing 2nd dis season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
cdamsel:
I don chop finish better run come o before my boys come down am after d match grin
Ah watch match con forget fuud nii
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
vosquare:

what!!! shocked ...y d curse?

juan was angry with the stüpid pass rafael made that led to mexico scoring a goal in the final. they cursed each other out on the pitch.

brazil had about 89 minutes to equalise but failed to do so....then rafael didn't like the fact that he was taken off in the match & he threw tantrums.

to make everything even more comical, the brazil football federation singled out rafael for the loss in the official statement they released. grin i have never seen such in my life.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

so you have not noticed carrick hides from blocking a shot? he takes 2 steps backwards & lunge at the direction where he knows the ball won't hit him.

he's a pùssy when it comes to putting a block on a potential shot on target.
I think youre going in hard on Carrick and to me there's no need for that.
Carrick has been instrumental in our recent success. We started winning league titles and getting far in Eurooe with him in our midfield. you once praised him for being intelligent enough to not be throwing himself into tackles like other midfielders. it's actually strange that you eoukd criticize him that way.

Let's talk selection/tactics.
With the way Valencia went about his midfield duty today, it would appear as if injured Herrera might not get back into the starting side if Valencia replicates this performance. how would you go about selection snd formation sfter seeing his performance today?
by the way Valencia iş still a donkey despite his good performance today.His needless tackle on Lukaku led to Everton's equalizer even if his departure led to a huge hole in our middle.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
StarBoard:

I think youre going in hard on Carrick and to me there's no need for that.
Carrick has been instrumental in our recent success. We started winning league titles and getting far in Eurooe with him in our midfield. you once praised him for being intelligent enough to not be throwing himself into tackles like other midfielders. it's actually strange that you eoukd criticize him that way.

i am a big fan of michael carrick but he's not without his flaws. he's the only midfielder that can play for 90 mins & have his shorts dirty. his strength is anticipating what opponents are doing and nullifying the danger before it comes to fruition. he's the best player in the league when it comes to remote defending.

however, he has his bad side. he cannot really tackle hard & he's generally weak with the dirty work needed to add balance to a side. carrick allowed 2 bayern goals in 2010. the olic one was painful, the robben one was unforgivable.

Let's talk selection/tactics.
With the way Valencia went about his midfield duty today, it would appear as if injured Herrera might not get back into the starting side if Valencia replicates this performance. how would you go about selection snd formation sfter seeing his performance today?
by the way Valencia iş still a donkey despite his good performance today.His needless tackle on Lukaku led to Everton's equalizer even if his departure led to a huge hole in our middle.

herrera must start always but valencia can be brought in to steady the ship if any of blind or herrera were to get injured. i have seen a handful of his games for his country and he always did well from the middle. he's a donkey - he's good at getting stuck in, winning tackles, recovering the ball & playing a simple pass to a more creative teammate.

he's found a new role for himself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.