Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1094) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8761679 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) ... (14160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
StarBoard:

I think youre going in hard on Carrick and to me there's no need for that.
Carrick has been instrumental in our recent success. We started winning league titles and getting far in Eurooe with him in our midfield. you once praised him for being intelligent enough to not be throwing himself into tackles like other midfielders. it's actually strange that you eoukd criticize him that way.
Let's talk selection/tactics.
With the way Valencia went about his midfield duty today, it would appear as if injured Herrera might not get back into the starting side if Valencia replicates this performance. how would you go about selection snd formation sfter seeing his performance today?
by the way Valencia iş still a donkey despite his good performance today.His needless tackle on Lukaku led to Everton's equalizer even if his departure led to a huge hole in our middle.

LVG can switch Herrera to the left side of the diamond and retain Valencia on the right side of the diamond. This frees Di Maria to play behind the 2 strikers. Just an option if Mata/Rooney are not available OR if Van Gaal needs more energy in midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
I don't know if Lukaku is overated but that Mcnair boy did well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
StarBoard:

the argument is over the #10 position.
Tell me how many of those goals Rooney scored from there.
Leave van Persie out of this argument. He was never in it.

You came late. I am no longer interested in arguments. If goals were to be the criteria for picking first 11, we know who shouldn't be in the team at all.

Any way, carry on as you wish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

LVG can switch Herrera to the left side of the diamond and retain Valencia on the right side of the diamond. This frees Di Maria to play behind the 2 strikers. Just an option if Mata/Rooney are not available OR if Van Gaal needs more energy in midfield.

LVG's tactics are strange.
i think no matter what happens, his captain must finish a game even if he's stinking the whole joint. the falcao substitution was bizarre - RVP should have been taken off instead.

blind can also play on the left, carrick can sit & valencia can play on the right. we have enough options in that midfield - it's the defence that needs to be sorted real quick before we host mourinho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
MrTA:
I dont think we're ready to face the elephant in the room regarding our squad yet but maybe by the end of the season. A frank discussion will be had about it. For now. onwards and upwards.
I already didvthat a few days ago and I think it is a general consensus here that we have issues there.
But in a way I think we might get through with the way things are playing out. Smalling and Evans are hardly reliable both in terms of performance and staying fit but we could have some potential in McNair and Blackett. Both have had good performances. if either/both can get more games and build confidence, it would be great for us.
Luke Shaw is a huge worry for mr. he looks to be like Evans and Smalling type of spending more time injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
elampiro:

You came late. I am no longer interested in arguments. If goals were to be the criteria for picking first 11, we know who shouldn't be in the team at all.

Any way, carry on as you wish.
no need to respond.
Youve done all the misyarning for us all.
I dont have time for arguments with your likes, was only stating the obvious ehich I couldnt do last time out.

carry on with your self-importance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

not sure Herrera would be effective from the left but its worth a try given what we've seen from him so far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
StarBoard:

I already didvthat a few days ago and I think it is a general consensus here that we have issues there.
But in a way I think we might get through with the way things are playing out. Smalling and Evans are hardly reliable both in terms of performance and staying fit but we could have some potential in McNair and Blackett. Both have had good performances. if either/both can get more games and build confidence, it would be great for us.
Luke Shaw is a huge worry for mr. he looks to be like Evans and Smalling type of spending more time injured.

never rely on young british players - they are too indisciplined to have the required fitness needed at the top level. i hope the trio(jones, evans, smalling) get sold. defenders that are barely fit for the season are as useless as conference league defenders.

i always admire how chelsea have an unchanged back 4 all the time and we cannot even have a breather without an injury in ours. terry/cahill are older than our defenders and yet our boys are glass-made.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
StarBoard:

I think youre going in hard on Carrick and to me there's no need for that.
Carrick has been instrumental in our recent success. We started winning league titles and getting far in Eurooe with him in our midfield. you once praised him for being intelligent enough to not be throwing himself into tackles like other midfielders. it's actually strange that you eoukd criticize him that way.

Let's talk selection/tactics.
With the way Valencia went about his midfield duty today, it would appear as if injured Herrera might not get back into the starting side if Valencia replicates this performance. how would you go about selection snd formation sfter seeing his performance today?
by the way Valencia iş still a donkey despite his good performance today.His needless tackle on Lukaku led to Everton's equalizer even if his departure led to a huge hole in our middle.

Pls don't even go near Herrera. He should take that hole position. With his tackling our defending will become better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
In other news Vida and Rio are indeed running on fumes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
StarBoard:

My exact thoughts..

Aside the penalty he conceded, I think he has been solid (not spectacular ) in the 2 games he has played.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Mata didn't show why he should start over Rooney today.
Infact swap both of them Rooney will still get that assist and contribute more.
I guess he has Westbrom and Chelsea to bring it.

not gonna front, he wasnt exceptional.
I just think that overall he's a better #10 than Rooney.
Still regret our underutilising and ultimate dispossl of Shinji.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
chrisley024:
Pls don't even go near Herrera. He should take that hole position. With his tackling our defending will become better.

Another good option.
We have options in midfield, we just lack that world class talent in central/defensive midfield to truly boss proceedings
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

never rely on young british players - they are too indisciplined to have the required fitness needed at the top level. i hope the trio(jones, evans, smalling) get sold. defenders that are barely fit for the season are as useless as conference league defenders.

i always admire how chelsea have an unchanged back 4 all the time and we cannot even have a breather without an injury in ours. terry/cahill are older than our defenders and yet our boys are glass-made.

Now u're talking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dadehmola:

My exact thoughts..

Aside the penalty he conceded, I think he has been solid (not spectacular ) in the 2 games he has played.
Same here I'll rather a player that gives me a string of solid games than the one that pulls a spectacular game then plenty stinkers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
grin
chrisley024:
abeg o.
na just wonder I dey wonder.
grin
chrisley024:
abeg o.
na just wonder I dey wonder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:
I don't know if Lukaku is overated but that Mcnair boy did well.

mcnair would keep costa in his pocket too. the goal we conceded was too cheap. i dunno how defenders don't shut baines out - he's so instrumental to the way everton attack.

stop baines & everton are almost toothless - someone should have closed baines down & by the time his cross arrived in the box, only the midgets(shaw & rafael) were in the box.

Benstino:

Now u're talking

talking what?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

Rooney/Rvp...falcao

........Herrera.......

Di maria............................Valencia

.......Blind.......

Honestly, I won't mind this setup especially away against the top sides
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

its not all bad as per young Brits.
I believe if we instill the basics in these young ones they came become useful to us. Terry is a Brit boy.
This luke shaw is a liability waiting to happen. I wonder why Evra for all his shenanigans felt threatened to the point if leaving.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
Odunharry:

elampiro take note.....Val was impressive,very very

Lol. He is actually BinghiNya's man. I like him but I have no favourite among Val, Nani and Young. Some how, I think Young is a bit the odd man out because he has not done even half of what Val or Nani has done for us. In my opinion. I only was coming to defend Val when I felt he was unjustly the scapegoat.

I suggested we used Val in the midfield but someone (I think Dadehmola shouted me down) and Starboard was applauding him. Then Afrodoc also picked Val afterwards before Coogar surprisingly selected him too.

Let's hope we keep getting results and get a stable back four most importantly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dadehmola:

......Rooney/Rvp...falcao

........Herrera.......

.....Di maria............................Valencia......

.......Blind.......

Honestly, I won't mind this setup especially away against the top sides

It is a more solid line-up defensively so it could work against the big teams. But long term i believe we need an upgrade on Blind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
this is de Gea's three points, end of story! and to think this is his first meaningful contribution this season... cool cool cool may this new found form last through the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mata is lazy, but passes more than Rooney.

Rooney is hardworking, but he's a Jack of all trades and master of nothing.

Van Persie is eeeeehm.....He aint even supposed to be in the starting line up.

Shaw is a nice defender, but like most of United defenders ,(Evans, Jones, smalling) is a breakable plate.

Rafael is the best no 2 in the Epl.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
elampiro:

Lol. He is actually BinghiNya's man. I like him but I have no favourite among Val, Nani and Young. Some how, I think Young is a bit the odd man out because he has not done even half of what Val or Nani has done for us. In my opinion. I only was coming to defend Val when I felt he was unjustly the scapegoat.

I suggested we used Val in the midfield but someone (I think Dadehmola shouted me down) and Starboard was applauding him. Then Afrodoc also picked Val afterwards before Coogar surprisingly selected him too.

Actually anyone who watches Ecuador would not have been surprised with his performance today. Both Valencia and Young can do a decent job if the are not playing as WINGERS OR WING FORWARDS. My problem with them is when the play up front and have to beat full backs and whip in accurate crosses......that is when they become clueless.

The problem is many fans here because of their personal animosity towards certain players do not want those players to succeed no matter what.
For me i want Anderson and Young to prove me wrong.....as long as they are wearing United jerseys i will root for them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
elampiro:

Abeggi - no dey form one "coachito" for here. You suggested that Valencia should be played out wide - something any reasonable united fan will vehemently oppose.

If you will have problems grasping this in future, lemme spell it out again... Considering how horrible Valencia has been on the wing for a while now, he should have no business in that position ever again!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
Louis van Gaal on the 2-1 victory over Everton at Old Trafford on Sunday:

“It was a very good first half, like against West Ham. We created a lot of chances but in the first half we only scored one goal from all those chances. Then we got a penalty given against us. Everton hadn’t created any chances until the last-minute of the half, but fortunately De Gea stops the penalty. Then I thought the second half was easier to play against Everton because they wanted to equalise, so we had to keep the ball. But we couldn’t do that. I made substitutions to help our organisation but despite my changes it was not better because in the last 15 minutes they created three big chances.”

Van Gaal on goalkeeper David De Gea and his outstanding effort against Everton:

“David De Gea was fantastic today. When there are a lot of players in front of you your view is not so good as a goalkeeper. When the shot comes in from outside the box it is always at the last moment that you see the ball, but his reflexes are very good.”

Van Gaal on Radamel Falcao’s winner and the Colombian getting started on his scoring for his new club:

“Yes, he needed that goal. I talked with him and I told him that he was forcing himself too much to score. He is a player who scores in every match, but now he has waited to score. Now he has [got his goal], it will be better after the international break.”

Van Gaal on the ever-impressing Angel Di Maria against Everton:

“I have said in my press conference that he is a team player, that he gives a lot of assists and he is making a lot of goals. We also need balance in our team when we don’t have the ball. For that, we have to find the solution. He is doing great. He wants to do his work defensively, but the balance in our team in the second half has to improve. When we have the ball we have to keep the ball and we didn’t do that. So that’s why in the second half it was very difficult for the fans, for the players, for the substitutes, but also for the manager!”

Louis van Gaal on the injury that forced left-back Luke Shaw off on Sunday afternoon:

“It was an impact on his knee and he has a dead knee. He could have made it worse so that is why he stepped out.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
elampawa:

why are you distorting the facts?
you said valencia should be tried on the flanks....i was the first person that suggested he should be part of the 3-man midfield cos of his energy & to reduce the defensive burden on mata.

this was my comment on the issue on friday

coogar:
he's very good in the middle for ecuador!
valencia is their di maria with his direct running. he doesn't have to cross so it should be easier for him to just pass the ball to the players ahead of him & when he loses possession, he has the energy to drift back.

i just don't want any defensive role for mata tomorrow. if we play 3 runners in the middle, there wouldn't be any need for mata to track back. 7 players are enough to defend. let mata create while robin & radamel do the finishing.

https://www.nairaland.com/871307/official-manchester-united-fan-thread/1081#26843149
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
SailorXY:
this is de Gea's three points, end of story! and to think this is his first meaningful contribution this season... cool cool cool may this new found form last through the season.
ameeeeen

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dadehmola:

Abeggi - no dey form one "coachito" for here. You suggested that Valencia should be played out wide - something any reasonable united fan will vehemently oppose.

If you will have problems grasping this on future, lemme spell it out again... Considering how horrible Valencia has been on the wing for a while now, he should have no business in that position ever again!!

I can't remember what exactly I suggested. I thought I suggested Val should play to cover for Mata's midfield battle deficiency. I will look at that post again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by cdamsel(f): 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
Ah watch match con forget fuud nii
You are on ur own,wait till dinner tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
i don't like van Persie's attitude lately. if we are to be sincere he's become annoyingly selfish, & it can never benefit the team! he always wants to be in the box when the ball is delivered there, he will never release the ball to anyone in front of him just so that he can arrive the box before the ball. it doesn't make any sense to me, the competition should be against the rest 19 teams in the league not your teammates!

van Persie is the best corner-kick taker we have in this team but he has never offered to take any this season even if he's the closest to the ball by the corner flag, he doesn't mind di Maria sprinting from the other end of the pitch to take the kick. He's only interested in being in that box to have a sniff @ goal. imagine all the attacks van Persie killed today when there were @ least 3 players making runs into dangerous areas, only to send the ball to the wings then start sprinting into the box undecided cry

i think he should be cautioned by Giggs especially, and subsequently benched if there is no change on the pitch!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
SailorXY:
i think he should be cautioned by Giggs especially, and subsequently benched if there is no change on the pitch!

he had a very poor game by his standard today. i didn't notice is selfish & i want to assume LVG delegates who takes which set-piece. what cooked his goose today for me was his decision making when the chances came to him.

he should have headed one cross & he applied one useless flick. there was also one chance that he used the wrong foot - it's like he's unsure of himself - lets just hope it's a temporary glitch. robin has one of the best tekkers in the history of this league so i dunno what he's on about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) ... (14160) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: dostr4(m), TariEnoch(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.