Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8727693 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
coogar:

what vacation?
what about the preseason that followed shortly after world cup? were robben & lahm not given up to a month to rest before joining their peers in preseason? you talk a lot of nonsense.

uefa carried out a study & it was revealed a player is 4 times more likely to be injured in the last three months of the premier league than the other leagues in europe.

checkmate!!

Story for d gods.

Was it forced upon EPL to play 4 competitions per season, while other major leagues play three?
Was it also forced upon EPL not to go for winter break?

Fix ur league and stop whining.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
Rafael back in training.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
chrisley024:
Rafael back in training.

Wow, good news! I'm relieved!

But wait o, where you take hear am?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
Karleb:

Wow, good news! I'm relieved!

But wait o, where you take hear am?
From United site. He posted it on instagram.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
David De Gea wins the PFA
Fans’Player of the Month award
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
Debroslink:

Story for d gods.

Was it forced upon EPL to play 4 competitions per season, while other major leagues play three? Was it also forced upon EPL not to go for winter break?

it's tradition!
football fans of those days watched football during festive period. the FA are reluctant to make that switch as it would dent their finances & the other ish

Fix ur league and stop whining.

no one is whining.....
just letting you retärds know the task isn't the same for players in the english league in comparison to their peers in europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
Neuer not Robben? When will they reward Robben? I won be surprised if Messi and Ronaldo are ignored this time in favour of Manual Neuer. I will love a thing like that.

Wayne Rooney and Di Maria got nomination for FIFApro. Di Maria should make it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 12:33am On Dec 02, 2014
elampiro:
Neuer not Robben? When will they reward Robben? I won be surprised if Messi and Ronaldo are ignored this time in favour of Manual Neuer. I will love a thing like that.

Wayne Rooney and Di Maria got nomination for FIFApro. Di Maria should make it.

I was actually thinking Lahm or Muller giving that they're both consistent and are world cup winners but I still don't see any other person winning it apart from Messi/CR7. We're still in their era and they'll still be around for a while. Neuer deserves the top 3 though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:41am On Dec 02, 2014
barackohandso:

I was actually thinking Lahm or Muller giving that they're both consistent and are world cup winners but I still don't see any other person winning it apart from Messi/CR7. We're still in their era and they'll still be around for a while. Neuer deserves the top 3 though

If it's given to Neuer (a goalkeeper), no one will complain. It would be a safe choice to avoid 'fight' and good way to break the monopoly of the two aliens.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 12:45am On Dec 02, 2014
elampiro:

If it's given to Neuer (a goalkeeper), no one will complain. It would be a safe choice to avoid 'fight' and good way to break the monopoly of the two aliens.

Complain? Na today? Ribery still dey complain till today.
I agree though, just don't see it happening
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:38am On Dec 02, 2014
elampiro:

I'll complain.
Messi or Ronaldo should win it. I think we're all getting Numb to just how great those two are.
Neuer is a great goal keeper(best in the world) but his still replaceable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nickz(m): 5:04am On Dec 02, 2014
StarBoard:
^^^^

You nor dey sleep?

grin

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2856625/Manchester-United-brink-special-thanks-manager-Louis-van-Gaal-ADRIAN-DURHAM.html

Agree or not?
Adrian Durham is wickedgringringrin

'HE'S EVEN MAKING CHRIS SMALLING LOOK GOOD"gringrincry

last time i saw man utd play this good was giggs first first game as a manager vs Norwich i think
before that it was the draw against Bayern
then pretty much SAF ERA.....

i hope we keep improvingsmiley
with LVG's experience
next season i think our primary target should be the UCL
after another summer of defense overhauling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:47am On Dec 02, 2014
StarBoard:
^^^^^

You nor dey sleep?

grin

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2856625/Manchester-United-brink-special-thanks-manager-Louis-van-Gaal-ADRIAN-DURHAM.html

Agree or not?
I don't,Call me greedy but,
I say winning the league will be something special,finish Top 4 is expected with the kind of squad we have.
I don't want to Dampen expectations,but hull were not so good, we need to maintain this winning streak before articles like this start to surface. Shows just how fickle the Media is really.
Smalling scores one goal and now his suddenly good again.
Btw when is Phil jones coming back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:58am On Dec 02, 2014
Manchester United keen on Atletico Madrid's Diego Godin as Louis van Gaal aims to strengthen defence in January.

Very good if it goes through. Will give the leadership at the back desperately needed.

But 28M for a 28 yr old CB undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:01am On Dec 02, 2014
SIRcumalot:

I say winning the league will be something special,finish Top 4 is expected with the kind of squad we have.
I don't want to Dampen expectations,but hull were not so good, we need to maintain this winning streak before articles like this start to surface. Shows just how fickle the Media is really.
Jones issue don tire me sef. Rojo that we were expecting his comeback next year is already playing while Jones' 3 weeks injury keeps adding one more week.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:04am On Dec 02, 2014
SIRcumalot:

I'll complain.
Messi or Ronaldo should win it. I think we're all getting Numb to just how great those two are.
Neuer is a great goal keeper(best in the world) but his still replaceable.

No one has said Neuer is near their level of performance. May be you don't really get me.

I believe Robben is far better than Neuer. What I am saying is, if FIFA wanted to break the monopoly, a choice of a forward player would be an obvious injustice to the two aliens. 'Cos in like for like comparison, the injustice to Ronaldo and Messi would be too glaring to the world if they were over looked for a payer Robben or Ribery or Neymar or Suarez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 7:22am On Dec 02, 2014

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:05am On Dec 02, 2014
SetrakusRa:

So your point is? Herrera is better than Yaya currently?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2014
Herrera missed our big matches. If he had played against Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea and still came up the such an interesting stat chart, I would take him so serious. We will need plenty matches to know how really some of these guys are good. However, I must say he has started very well in the EPL. I think he will end up a really good number 10.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2014
Was Nueur Germany's best player?
Was he bayern's?
Yet people want him to win the award?

Abeg jor.

Mueller even deserves it more than him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2014
nickz:
Adrian Durham is wickedgringringrin
'HE'S EVEN MAKING CHRIS SMALLING LOOK GOOD"gringrincry
last time i saw man utd play this good was giggs first first game as a manager vs Norwich i think
before that it was the draw against Bayern
then pretty much SAF ERA.....
i hope we keep improvingsmiley
with LVG's experience
next season i think our primary target should be the UCL
after another summer of defense overhauling

SIRcumalot:

My take on this is:
I think we should endeavour to finish as high up the table as possible.
For me the title isn't out of reach. I just think that winning it all would require a combination of a spectacular collapse by Chelsea and us going on a consistent run. I think the author has a valid point by saying that United have been rather harshly judged in certain areas such as the Carling cup and Leicester losses.

Im not sure we might need to buy too many players when the next window comes around because I believe the current crop of players can be welded to form a solid unit if only they can stay relatively injury free. Smalling and co at the back can become good enough to form a solid backline. Besides signings can turn out to be either good or bad. Though I wouldn't mind the odd quality signing at that department to be honest.

We already have players whom we've loaned out whose United futures are still in the air.

For me we can only look forward with positive anticipation and hope LvG gets it right in the ens.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2014
Jones should be sold

Ronaldo has the award already. Neuer is just in two great teams, there's nothing too spectacular he does that no other GK will in his position.

van der Sar in Fulham was munching 5 & 6 goals almost weekly and was definitely on the way down before his move to United, he broke & created another record, grabbing enough silverware along the way.

its is felony to mention Neuer's name in same sentence with Ronaldo & Messi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 10:20am On Dec 02, 2014
liveLongNprospa:

So your point is? Herrera is better than Yaya currently?

Didn't say that. But, numbers don't lie. I think he should play enough games to be judged better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2014
raumdeuter:
While other league players were stressing themselves in the summer and going deep into major competitions like world cup and euro cup English league players are mostly taking a break.

E.g last summer while muller robben Lahm messi hummels were slugging it out in Brazil till mid July, most epl players were on vacation

You are notorious for your dumb ramblings, certified gasbag!

I dont think i need to buttress Coogar's reply.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2014
SetrakusRa:

Didn't say that. But, numbers don't lie. I think he should play enough games to be judged better.
the only problem he has is low physicality, which I'm sure will be worked on.

power play & height advantage is the ace Fellaini holds in this team, although I think, just like Smalling; his intelligence & link up play is on the rise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
elampiro:

No one has said Neuer is near their level of performance. May be you don't really get me.

I believe Robben is far better than Neuer. What I am saying is, if FIFA wanted to break the monopoly, a choice of a forward player would be an obvious injustice to the two aliens. 'Cos in like for like comparison, the injustice to Ronaldo and Messi would be too glaring to the world if they were over looked for a payer Robben or Ribery or Neymar or Suarez
No I didn't I get your point now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

You are notorious for your dumb ramblings, certified gasbag!

I dont think i need to buttress Coogar's reply.

Elfenomeno!

Back from the brink I guesss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
elampiro:
Herrera missed our big matches. If he had played against Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea and still came up the such an interesting stat chart, I would take him so serious. We will need plenty matches to know how really some of these guys are good. However, I must say he has started very well in the EPL. I think he will end up a really good number 10.

I have said it that i'll like to see him played in that number 10 consistently. I believe he'll do well in that role with his short and accurate passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
mcfarlin:

Elfenomeno!

Back from the brink I guesss.

Took some time off... Been travelling!

Back with a bazooka.

Nitwits like Ramdeuter won't survive this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Back with a bazooka.

Lol you and ramdeuter sha...

Anyway hope you've been monitoring your favorite teams decline?

What's your position on the table again?

Just so you know ass_nal was f*cked by united at the emirates!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Back with a bazooka.

welcome.

Carry your dane gun go your thread.

Real Gunners are demonstrating for Wenger to go. Try pointing that your candle gun at some of them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.