Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8715745 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Xmas You All

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
merry Xmas to everyone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas,guys.

We are grabbing all 3points in tomorrow's match. Expecting a hatrick from Falcao and a goal or two apiece from Rooney and RVP.lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2014
raumdeuter merry xmas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
Falcao is more effective than all our strikers when on the pitch..hmmm

Over the average of 90 minutes,
Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao could
barely be separated in terms of goal
scored. Rooney and Van Persie have
averaged 0.48 goals per 90mins,
while Falcao is pretty much level on 0.47.
The Colombian takes the lead in terms of Performance Score, though. He has averaged 43.23 every 90mins, with Rooney second on 33.1. Youngster James Wilson has actually averaged -9.91 which is not great, but does leave plenty of room for improvement

Falcao also leads in the key passes
column, too, averaging 1.4 passes per 90mins. And Rooney, who only trails Angel Di Maria in total, comes second behind Falcao’s high average with 1.28.

Again, Falcao leads in the assists department with an average of 0.47
per 90mins. Rooney again comes
second at 0.24.

In terms of off-the-ball work, James
Wilson stands out, and that is probably why he is being given so many chances by Van Gaal. Wilson has averaged the most successful tackles (1.05), aerial duels (1.41) and interceptions (1.05) out of any of the four strikers available to Van Gaal.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas all. Onwards and upwards for man utd.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
Odunharry:
raumdeuter merry xmas

Wish you same
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
Odunharry:
Falcao is more effective than all our strikers when on the pitch..hmmm

Over the average of 90 minutes,
Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao could
barely be separated in terms of goal
scored. Rooney and Van Persie have
averaged 0.48 goals per 90mins,
while Falcao is pretty much level on 0.47.
The Colombian takes the lead in terms of Performance Score, though. He has averaged 43.23 every 90mins, with Rooney second on 33.1. Youngster James Wilson has actually averaged -9.91 which is not great, but does leave plenty of room for improvement

Falcao also leads in the key passes
column, too, averaging 1.4 passes per 90mins. And Rooney, who only trails Angel Di Maria in total, comes second behind Falcao’s high average with 1.28.

Again, Falcao leads in the assists department with an average of 0.47
per 90mins. Rooney again comes
second at 0.24.

In terms of off-the-ball work, James
Wilson stands out, and that is probably why he is being given so many chances by Van Gaal. Wilson has averaged the most successful tackles (1.05), aerial duels (1.41) and interceptions (1.05) out of any of the four strikers available to Van Gaal.

How is Rooney a striker for us?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
Danhumprey:
Merry Christmas,guys.

We are grabbing all 3points in tomorrow's match. Expecting a hatrick from Falcao and a goal or two apiece from Rooney and RVP.lipsrsealed

Merry Christmas bro. smiley

You do know that that is too much to ask for, right? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas n a happy three points tomorrow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
Karleb:

Merry Christmas bro. smiley

You do know that that is too much to ask for, right? undecided
I know! But 3points all the same.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
Few days ago, I saw some matches of 2008/9. Rooney had always been sacrificed for defensive roles when United needed to protect Evra (or midfield) and protect a lead.

Some For insance, in the second half of 2009 UCL knockout against Inter Milan at OT, Rooney was withdrawn from second striker role to the left wing, playing more like an overlapping semi left back. It was from this role Rooney gave an intelligent assist for CR7 to score the second goal. Ronaldo, Giggs and Berbaov became our advanced forward players in the second half.

But looking at stat in retrospect, one wouldn't understand what roles players played in the course of the season. Only the coach and team mates sometimes appreciate it for long time to come. The children just learning football will make wrong comparisons.

In 3 years to come, someone would compare Valencia's stats with Navas, Milner, William,Welbeck as wing players. Similar reason Val stat would be disadvantaged since 2011/12 season or even earlier.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
elampiro2:

How is Rooney a striker for us?
na defender i don 4get..

How xmas 4 ur side?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Odunharry:

na defender i don 4get..

How xmas 4 ur side?

grin grin grin

Defen wetin?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
Karleb:

grin grin grin

Defen wetin?
i knw wtn i mean bro.....merry xmas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Louis van Gaal's Reds will be hoping to return to winning ways in the Premier League against Alan Pardew's Magpies on Boxing Day.

Di Maria made his United comeback at Aston Villa
A return to a back four?

For the first time all season, the personnel was more problematic than the system for United on Saturday. Darren Fletcher's inclusion was costly and he looked every inch the midfielder starting his first game in nearly four months, as he conceded the free-kick from which Christian Benteke scored and was too ponderous.
The Scot's half-time withdrawal signalled a shift from 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 for United but Van Gaal's substitutions were not proactive enough. The Dutchman acknowledged United missed Michael Carrick's passing in midfield and that could convince him to abandon the system his Holland side adopted so well at the World Cup.

Who to recall?
Luke Shaw is hopeful of inclusion in the Boxing Day squad, although Ashley Young's mini-resurgence continued with his fine run-and-cross to assist Radamel Falcao's goal at Villa.
United's midfield has been alarmingly porous lately. Newcastle's Cheick Tiote and Jack Colback are busy and tenacious midfielders who would relish facing a similar soft centre to the one Van Gaal named in Birmingham.
Ander Herrera's silk and Marouane Fellaini's steel were missed at the weekend and a three-man midfield experiment is long overdue.

Could Van Gaal play his stronges t side?
Although there is no definitive answer to this question, Van Gaal could at least experiment with the formatio n that served United so well against Hull and Stoke.

Chris Smalling, United's best centre-back this season, is scheduled to return against Newcastle and Marcos Rojo might also be available should Van Gaal want to resort to United's most accomplished central defensive combination.
Carrick's deep-lying role versus Hull and Stoke encouraged the occasionally cautious midfielder to be more adventurous and his steadiness in front of the centre-backs could allow Angel Di Maria to thrive in his favoured attacking midfield role, with the full-backs providing width.

VIEW GALLERY
Can Falcao capitalise on his Villa strike?

The games were two-and-a-half months apart but Radamel Falcao's United goals against Everton and Aston Villa mean he has scored two in his last two starts.
Overall, he struggled to get involved in United's plodding play at Villa but lived up to hisEl Tigrenickname with a predatory header, which should justify his inclusion in the line-up against Newcastle.
Falcao will doubtless be rotated over the Christmas and New Year spell, however this is a decisive and timely period for the Colombian to prove his goalscoring prowess and his durability.

Will United rediscover their ruthless streak?
Van Gaal has paid too much respect to demoralised opponents, such as Southampton and Aston Villa, recently and that has blunted United's attack.
The Reds were clinical against a profligate Liverpool and Newcastle are ideal visitors for United's star-studded attack to hone their finishing. Alan Pardew has 10 players sidelined through injury and will have to call on the Magpies' third-choice goalkeeper, Jak Alnwick, once more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
Odunharry:

i knw wtn i mean bro.....merry xmas

Same to you, I was only admiring your sense of humor + sarcasm in an hilarious way. No hard feelings whatsoever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
Damn! We really missed our midfield general and 'pass' master,Michael Carrick in midfield in our last game.sad

I hope LVG will play him in his preferred position in midfield. We need his 'passing' magic!

And yet,some people want Carrick to be laid off soon.

We still need him! His experience,skills,etc. Look at Xavi at Barcelona!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Deiok(m): 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
Luke shaw with his family celebrate christmas.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
Deiok:
Luke shaw with his family celebrate christmas.
I'm wondering which of the 3 males I'm seeing in the pix is the Baba(Head) of the family.

And I'm supposed to believe that Luke is 19yrs old? Thunder fire Devil!angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
Odunharry:

na defender i don 4get..

I surprise for you o. Rooney is in the deep playing behind Mata.

Your stat they confuse people. Falcao has been poor, forget stat. Na new wife treatment we dey give am.

Odunharry:

How xmas 4 ur side?

Merry Christmas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
elampiro:

I surprise for you o. Rooney is in the deep playing behind Mata.

Your stat they confuse people. Falcao has been poor, forget stat. Na new wife treatment we dey give am.

Merry Christmas.

Why will you say falcao has been poor, explain to me how he has been poor
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
dopeJemi:

Why will you say falcao has been poor, explain to me how he has been poor

If he hasn't been poor, he wont be benched for Wilson.

Falcao has been poor. He has missed too many clear cut chances and gets bullied off the ball. We only over look all these for obvious reason.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
elampiro:

Falcao has been poor. He has missed too many clear cut chances and gets bullied off the ball. We only over look all these for obvious reason.
he wasnt benched cos he has been poor...it the fitness issue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 12:14am On Dec 26, 2014
Odunharry:

he wasnt benched cos he has been poor...it the fitness issue

It's not yet time to bring out Falcao stats. Time will come we compare him with Messi. But for now, na mgedefede appearance and play.

What you have done now is the mistake people used to make comparing Chicha's (usually a late substitute) stats to other forward players. Man United naturally open up opponents more in the last minutes of games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:14am On Dec 26, 2014
elampiro:

Falcao gets bullied off the ball? That's a blatant lie, Falcao is stronger on the ball than van persie

Him being benched for wilson isn't because of poor performance

You just saw the stats

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 12:19am On Dec 26, 2014
dopeJemi:

Falcao gets bullied off the ball? That's a blatant lie, Falcao is stronger on the ball than van persie

Him being benched for wilson isn't because of poor performance

You just saw the stats

My guy, he gets bullied. If you want me record then here in matches, I can.

As for the stat. Abeg forget it. A player who comes in after we have won matches and oppositions have thrown defensive caution to the wind. Or when we needed to press badly in the last minutes to get a winning goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:05am On Dec 26, 2014
na new year we dey enter so, make una try drop these nusery arguments

I have yanned finish undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 4:35am On Dec 26, 2014
Danhumprey:
I'm wondering which of the 3 males I'm seeing in the pix is the Baba(Head) of the family.

And I'm supposed to believe that Luke is 19yrs old? Thunder fire Devil!angry

Believe it or not white players don't do age cheating!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2014
elampiro2:

As for the stat. Abeg forget it. A player who comes in after we have won matches and oppositions have thrown defensive caution to the wind. Or when we needed to press badly in the last minutes to get a winning goal.

There's little a player who comes in after 79minutes can do, well, I dunno buh I know I have never seen falcao get bullied off the ball

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:49am On Dec 26, 2014
elampiro2:

Falcao scores important goals for Utd. A. villa n Everton, athink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.